Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vehemence Rolling Blue.

x99Needles
x99Needles
✭✭✭
I have spent a lot of time on the Pact. I remember when we were on the bottom, turtled in Arrius over night, stuck at our gates every morning, when we struggled, when we actually fought for our victories. And I have watched us rise to the top. It's an indisputable fact, EP dominates PvP. The maps go red with little to no resistance. The amount of coordination and guilds EP has are the biggest reason why.

Vehemence is re-rolling DC. This was not a decision that I made lightly, nor a request I made to my guildies with a light heart. The fact is EP no longer requires our presence, maybe for a little while there, but no longer. EP is too strong, the guilds are too prevalent and the opposition too weak. AD has a few guilds remaining, and they have the population. DC has almost no one. They have the population but 90% of this faction solos and pugs and because of it there is no leadership, no aspiration, and they get destroyed.

Population imbalance is not something anyone can argue. We all see it, we all complain about it, we wish it would change. There are a lot of things in Cyrodiil we as players cannot affect. Lag, skill imbalance, exploiters, but pop balance, this is something we as the players can directly affect. No one really wants to, re rolling sucks, leveling sucks, starting over sucks.But getting online and watching the maps go red and farming pugs and jumping servers looking for fights. That sucks more. I don't believe in complacency. And that's where I feel we are with EP. There is no next level, there is no more to achieve. We are the strongest faction and we know it.

I made this thread because I know most of you already heard VE was going blue. I wanted to make sure my reasons and intentions were not diluted. I love EP. I have bled red from beta, most all of my guys have. I have invested so much time into my toon and my faction and my guild. I don't look at it like I'm throwing anything away, or betraying anyone. This goes beyond a color. I waited three years for this game, I cannot sit on the sidelines and watch it burn. PvP is on a decline, it's a two faction game in Cyrodiil. This game is on a decline. I believe we can make a difference on DC, we can help. And if all we achieve is shifting the pop imbalance slightly then that's all we end up achieving. But I cannot not try. We could see a tri-faction Cyrodiil again. DC just needs teamwork like EP and AD.

We are re-rolling because the state of the game demands that something in Cyrodiil change. I believe this could strengthen DC and weaken EP just a bit. I have no hard feelings towards EP as a faction or anyone on the faction. I don't hate anyone or have bitter resentment towards any guild or players. This is purely for the state of the game. EP is so strong because of the amazing teamwork instituted in EP and the guilds that reside there. On EP I felt like we were part of the problem, and on DC I'm hoping to be part of the solution. I have enjoyed every second of my time on EP.

Thank you :)
Bulbasir EP Dragonknight
Return of the Bulbasir EP Necromancer
Like a Bulbasir DC Warden
Fears Like a Bulbasir DC Nightblade
PERMAREKT DC Dragonknight
Permaling DC Templar
Bulbasir's Final Form AD Necromancer
Vehemence Crown.
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff! Glad to see you taking the inititive and doing what the other EP guilds were too proud or stubborn to do themselves.

This was much needed, and I look forward to DC becoming a competitive faction once again with your help.

Thanks to you and your players for taking the plunge!
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you at least wait until they lower the XP cap for vet levels, because honestly, dat vet grind is no joke yo, and has been one of the most frequently cited reason for players leaving the game. One thing I've noticed is EP and AD tend to have many many more players at higher alliance ranks, and I think a large part of that is DC players pvp on alts more often (I know it's true at least for myself) and alliance ranks aren't tied to an account. I'd also point out that it's hard to grind out another 7 million AP to get those pvp passives and skills like vigor when there aren't stupid DC to be farmed at Ales farm any more :) but, best of luck to you.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Insane respect for you chaps having a guild effort.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see a move like this because I think this is good for the overall health of the game. Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield, and while one guild swapping campaigns isn't going to change everything, it will help.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Bulb. I personally have rolled a blue DK too for a change of scenery instead of simply jumping back onto my EP toon too for the same reasons. Fingers crossed you don't end up with the same long term issues that we in DiE had as a result of rerolling red for the same reasons though although you will have to expect some attrition as a result. In any case it will be nice to have the chance to be on the same side as you again!

Cheers
    Max
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff guys, much respect.

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really well said Bulb(ybear). It's encouraging to come here and see that people of all factions support this and see the true intent behind this move. Looking forward to having good fights with everyone.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great decision there Bulb and VE. We will surely miss you in EP and I'm looking forward for the fights. I must say, if alliance ranks were account bound, I would have done that a long time ago.

Edited by frozywozy on 23 June 2015 23:38
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again, players doing more than Zo$.
    Actions speak louder than words.

Good on ya mate.
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    x99Needles wrote: »
    I have spent a lot of time on the Pact. I remember when we were on the bottom, turtled in Arrius over night, stuck at our gates every morning, when we struggled, when we actually fought for our victories. And I have watched us rise to the top. It's an indisputable fact, EP dominates PvP. The maps go red with little to no resistance. The amount of coordination and guilds EP has are the biggest reason why.

Vehemence is re-rolling DC. This was not a decision that I made lightly, nor a request I made to my guildies with a light heart. The fact is EP no longer requires our presence, maybe for a little while there, but no longer. EP is too strong, the guilds are too prevalent and the opposition too weak. AD has a few guilds remaining, and they have the population. DC has almost no one. They have the population but 90% of this faction solos and pugs and because of it there is no leadership, no aspiration, and they get destroyed.

Population imbalance is not something anyone can argue. We all see it, we all complain about it, we wish it would change. There are a lot of things in Cyrodiil we as players cannot affect. Lag, skill imbalance, exploiters, but pop balance, this is something we as the players can directly affect. No one really wants to, re rolling sucks, leveling sucks, starting over sucks.But getting online and watching the maps go red and farming pugs and jumping servers looking for fights. That sucks more. I don't believe in complacency. And that's where I feel we are with EP. There is no next level, there is no more to achieve. We are the strongest faction and we know it.

I made this thread because I know most of you already heard VE was going blue. I wanted to make sure my reasons and intentions were not diluted. I love EP. I have bled red from beta, most all of my guys have. I have invested so much time into my toon and my faction and my guild. I don't look at it like I'm throwing anything away, or betraying anyone. This goes beyond a color. I waited three years for this game, I cannot sit on the sidelines and watch it burn. PvP is on a decline, it's a two faction game in Cyrodiil. This game is on a decline. I believe we can make a difference on DC, we can help. And if all we achieve is shifting the pop imbalance slightly then that's all we end up achieving. But I cannot not try. We could see a tri-faction Cyrodiil again. DC just needs teamwork like EP and AD.

We are re-rolling because the state of the game demands that something in Cyrodiil change. I believe this could strengthen DC and weaken EP just a bit. I have no hard feelings towards EP as a faction or anyone on the faction. I don't hate anyone or have bitter resentment towards any guild or players. This is purely for the state of the game. EP is so strong because of the amazing teamwork instituted in EP and the guilds that reside there. On EP I felt like we were part of the problem, and on DC I'm hoping to be part of the solution. I have enjoyed every second of my time on EP.

Thank you :)

Sad to see you guys not roll AD, seeing as you guys are some really cool people to talk to. I'll be looking out for you all, mostly Favors because he stole my toon name! -.-
    Edited by DoctorSwampy on 23 June 2015 23:48
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many a fun fights had beside you guys, best of luck in the land of Smurfdom. While there is definitely a lack of DC guilds actively participating, the DC pop is actually in a better place now than it was 5-6 months ago in terms of the "main campaign". Speaking as someone who rerolled from AD after several main campaign wins in a row post launch, it will be a rough ride with all of that grind, but best of luck!

Doesn't help that AD pile into Azura's while DC and EP pile into Chillrend, so there's very often no "3 faction" system coming into play which would even things out.
    Edited by Alomar on 23 June 2015 23:51
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow really?

good luck...

maybe we will get some semblance of balance in Cyrodil soon...\

instead of you know...

endless red blobs killing endless yellow pugs while the rare blue gets roflmao stomped by both when it shows up for any length of time?

i personally dont have the patience after rolling 4 different Vr14s in yellow (for PvE reasons) to roll another.

honestly if DC had half the organized guilds EP has, the faction count might actually be even somewhat.
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on 23 June 2015 23:56
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I will really miss everyone I'm leaving behind in EP.

Havoc is a great guild full of amazing people and I'll miss working with them on the battlefield. I love all the old Hijinx guys, will always remember Bloodthorn and the good times there. To everyone else I've worked with as a Vehemence raid lead--SoTP, SWP, SoS, Nexus, Sandy, Frozn, and all the rest--I wish you all the best in battle, I'd rather be fighting with you than against you. But if this works out and factions even out a lil more as a result, I think it will be worth it.

Plus, we'll always have Paris.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still gonna roll on my EP DK to gank your baddie DC toon with Teargrants when raid ends for the night, Bulbybear.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it in another thread, but I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of impact you guys have once you hit the vet campaigns. It'll be interesting to see what the addition of one truly organized guild does to the overall DC morale.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's really cool of you guys to do, lots of respect from me!
    And I agree with this:
    Sad to see you guys not roll AD, seeing as you guys are some really cool people to talk to.

though DC really needs the support more than AD. Good luck leveling your toons! :smile:
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still gonna roll on my EP DK to gank your baddie DC toon with Teargrants when raid ends for the night, Bulbybear.
    No, no it's not gonna be when the raid ends, it's gonna be when the raid starts. Kirin and I will kill Bulbybear's NB smurf - at which point he will say '*** it, getting on the DK' and get back on EP.

Thus we shall be known as the Saviors of the Pact. <3
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Hope you at least wait until they lower the XP cap for vet levels, because honestly, dat vet grind is no joke yo, and has been one of the most frequently cited reason for players leaving the game. One thing I've noticed is EP and AD tend to have many many more players at higher alliance ranks, and I think a large part of that is DC players pvp on alts more often (I know it's true at least for myself) and alliance ranks aren't tied to an account. I'd also point out that it's hard to grind out another 7 million AP to get those pvp passives and skills like vigor when there aren't stupid DC to be farmed at Ales farm any more :) but, best of luck to you.

oh I wouldn't worry about ap gains, there's still tons of yellow idiots that get farmed at resources and bridges

rip decibel
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Props for rerolling to the lowest pop faction is a good move for the overall health of the game.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Zheg wrote: »

oh I wouldn't worry about ap gains, there's still tons of yellow idiots that get farmed at resources and bridges

Not to mention all those juicy red baddies.
  • All_Bizniz
    All_Bizniz
    ✭✭✭
    Good Luck! May the fights with us be spirited and good-natured! The blood will flow freely.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling blue is fine as long as you truly flex your blue biceps.

tumblr_m2vyycuOwq1rty8oho1_500.jpg

Then again I don't know of Vehemence or who is a part of it. But I know Havoc all too well....
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on 24 June 2015 02:48
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All_Bizniz wrote: »
    Good Luck! May the fights with us be spirited and good-natured! The blood will flow freely.

I would like to keep it that way. I like to think there can be good, competitive battles in this game that do not give way to ill will on either side.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have my support, Bulb! I'm happy you guys are doing this. :)
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP may threaten the record for "awesomes" by any player post :)

Good on you, Vehemence. As an AD player, I am happy to read this. May the grind back to V14 go quickly.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever get those last 2 recipe fragments, I'll totally support the reroll efforts by making you guys xp pots :blush:
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the blue side. Totally worth the vacation interruption to give this a read.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strong decision.

Feels like pvp is dying and pop imbalance is one of the main contributors.

I applaud your guilds decision and hope the re-roll is not too painful.

Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!

As everyone stated, props for Guild rerolling to lowest population faction. Hopefully it's only for the better! Good luck and see you guys in cyrodiil!

-The Magician
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    If I ever get those last 2 recipe fragments, I'll totally support the reroll efforts by making you guys xp pots :blush:
    Thats really sweet of you Winnie :)
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy