The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v1.5.3 Partially Applied to the NA megaserver

• Srau
    Srau
    Soul Shriven
    nvm
    Edited by Srau on 11 November 2014 08:32
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ll also let you know if this will have any impact on deploying v1.5.3 to the European megaserver tonight at 10pm EST (Tuesday, 3am GMT).
    @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ did the European patch go through in full, or does it have the same half-patch that NA got?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    We’ll also let you know if this will have any impact on deploying v1.5.3 to the European megaserver tonight at 10pm EST (Tuesday, 3am GMT).
    @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ did the European patch go through in full, or does it have the same half-patch that NA got?

Apparently we got the botched NA patch.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Sheaden
    Sheaden
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully ZoS is aware of this as well. Impossible to level bug. I have enough experience to level, but the game will not grant me the next level of progression.

s6aWd7Z.jpg

• Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    the mind boggles. you spent 5 hours on a patch that wasn't. with 10 minutes of logging on the people I play with had confirmed the failure of basically everything the patch notes claimed was fixed.

how is this possible?

Amazingly, even more is messed up than it was before - xp for vet levels has gone from 1,500,000 to 4,000,000. Having not *EXPECTED* a change in xp, I know several people who were trying to level for hours yesterday, only to realize that their time was being wasted - 2 of them logged off unsure when they would be back, 2 left our guild saying they were quitting the game.

We normally run events on Tuesday nights, having anywhere from 2 to 5 4-man groups - we were unable to run this event last night due to people not being willing to play in an environment where attempting to level any character over 50 is essentially useless.

Exodus.
    Edited by Winnower on 11 November 2014 11:36
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    So is this game being run out of someone's basement? Or is this an actual legitimate company?

We don't know. Yell up and ask your mom.

Really? Get a life, what are you 10 years old?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnower wrote: »
    Amazingly, even more is messed up than it was before - xp for vet levels has gone from 1,500,000 to 4,000,000.
    @Winnower is this appearing in the UI as well? My theory is that Update 5 set it to 4,000,000 by accident but the UI still said 1,432,550, and now the UI has caught up with the error.

This could explain why it's taking two to three times longer to level than it should be, and would explain this picture if 4,000,000 is the actual requirement.
    Sheaden wrote: »
    s6aWd7Z.jpg

This therefore seems like a bug in which 4,000,000 was actually implemented instead of 1,432,550, which explains the slower levelling, and is also consistent with the rate of slower levelling - 4,000,000 is 2.7 times 1,432,550, and reports say it's taking ~2.7 zones to rank up.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    seanvwolf wrote: »
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Uh huh. Since this is a progress ending problem - as in anyone doing Reaper's March is just plain stopped dead in their tracks - I sure hope this is being prioritized.

Actually, no. This didn't stop me dead in my tracks... you can go around Grimwatch and not complete this quest and do everything else. I'm in Coldharbor now, so your statement is patently false.

Not if your Reapers March area is VR5.........

You HAVE to do 'Grim Situation' as part of Cadwell's Silver and cannot progress to Cadwell's Gold until it is completed!!

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • derek.bretherton1b16_ESO
    Can confirm that the you still come out of sneak in pvp and your cant buy soul gems for Ap either :/
  • calibum2662b14_ESO
    So... quick question? When did the gaming world become a bunch of pessimistic whiners?? I've been playing online games for over 30 years, and while they have some issues that have lingered a bit too long (Server lag, client crashes, etc.), this game has only been out for 6 months, and for the most part the folks behind the game have done a very good job of identifying/fixing issues quickly. One of the better first 6 months I've seen from a game in a very long time. Relax, play the GAME, have fun, if for some reason you can't go play something else and come back later. Quit Whining!!
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I've been playing online games for over 30 years,...!!

I'm fascinated.

I got my first email address in 1978, and online gaming then was practically non-existent.

However, I'm willing to believe you, and without any sarcasm whatsoever I must admit I really am curious what you were playing then because the earliest game(s) I remember playing were text based single-player games - Adventure (colossal cave) was released in 1976, for example, and I played it on a Dec10 mini-computer.

So what were you playing over 30 years ago online on the darpanet?
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fascinated.

I got my first email address in 1978, and online gaming then was practically non-existent.

However, I'm willing to believe you, and without any sarcasm whatsoever I must admit I really am curious what you were playing then because the earliest game(s) I remember playing were text based single-player games - Adventure (colossal cave) was released in 1976, for example, and I played it on a Dec10 mini-computer.

Maybe some of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJTsTn-jeo

Or you could go back 40+ years even:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVslHmxEyL0

I started with Pong myself.
    Edited by Blud on 11 November 2014 14:08
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fascinated.

Maybe U.S. versus Viet Cong on ARPANET. Little did he know, he was moving actual troops. I know that would have been 40+ years ago, but 40 is "over 30".
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Argusus
    Argusus
    Greetings,

We are investigating an issue that prevented several of the fixes and improvements intended to be in the deployment of today’s v1.5.3 incremental patch to make it onto the North American megaserver.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused. We’ll keep you updated as to when you’ll see the rest of v1.5.3 on the live server.

Below are the confirmed changes from today’s maintenance:

Art & Animation
    Animation
    • Fixed an issue where the emote /leanbackcoin would not properly animate.

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue where you would raise your fists instead of holding your weapon after equipping certain kinds of weapons.

Crafting & Economy
    Writs
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.
    • Crafting writs will no longer ask you to deliver to other dimensions unless you have reasonable means to reach them (such as Coldharbour).

Quests & Zones
    Reaper’s March
    • To Dune: You will no longer be prevented from turning in this quest if it was shared with you from another player character, and you also completed the quest Fires of Dune.

UI
    General
    • The tooltip for the experience bar in UI windows will now properly display XP instead of VP.
    • Fixed an issue where guild traders would initially display your last searched guild store instead of the proper guild store.
    • Re-enabled the controls within conversations. You can now use E to select the first option, and X to say goodbye.

Appears that the tool tips on horse food is now broken as well as the mail system randomly throwing errors when trying to compose or check mail.
  • Argusus
    Argusus
    why do we have to wait so long between crafting items? It frustrating for crafters who craft often.. Like me. Takes forever to make an full set of armor
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rekward wrote: »
    UNABLE TO LOGGIN !!

Hi,

Last night I logged off in the DSA. This morning I am unable to loggin to my primary character as I keep getting Error325: Insufficient permission for world.

I have requested customer support for help but so far didn't receive any reply.

Is anyone else having this issue ? If so does anyone know how to overcome it ?!

Thanks In advance
    The hotfix we pushed last night should resolve this issue for you. Are you able to log in now, @Rekward‌?
    Concur - keep getting the message I'm trying to use an out-of-date client and to relaunch the patcher/launcher. Done that several times now and it's not downloading anything
    It may help to manually check for updates from the launcher. To do so:
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online launcher.
    2. Click on the Game Options arrow located in the middle of the launcher under the News section.
    3. Click on Check for updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... quick question? When did the gaming world become a bunch of pessimistic whiners?? I've been playing online games for over 30 years, and while they have some issues that have lingered a bit too long (Server lag, client crashes, etc.), this game has only been out for 6 months, and for the most part the folks behind the game have done a very good job of identifying/fixing issues quickly. One of the better first 6 months I've seen from a game in a very long time. Relax, play the GAME, have fun, if for some reason you can't go play something else and come back later. Quit Whining!!

Preach, @calibum2662b14_ESO. I'm absolutely embarrassed by the gaming world. I understand the reasons for being frustrated by the number of bugs currently in the game, I'm frustrated too, but to act downright nasty toward the moderators just because paying a monthly sub fee makes you feel entitled (by the way, WE ALL PAY MONTHLY SUB FEES. YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL) is just baffling to me. There's a way to get your point across without acting like complete animals. If you're so hostile toward ESO and have no faith in it, then kindly unsub and find yourself a nice PTW Korean MMO with a cash shop and no monthly updates. Thanksssss! <3
  • Argusus
    Argusus

Preach, @calibum2662b14_ESO. I'm absolutely embarrassed by the gaming world. I understand the reasons for being frustrated by the number of bugs currently in the game, I'm frustrated too, but to act downright nasty toward the moderators just because paying a monthly sub fee makes you feel entitled (by the way, WE ALL PAY MONTHLY SUB FEES. YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL) is just baffling to me. There's a way to get your point across without acting like complete animals. If you're so hostile toward ESO and have no faith in it, then kindly unsub and find yourself a nice PTW Korean MMO with a cash shop and no monthly updates. Thanksssss! <3

That's all I saw in zone chat last night is people complaining and talking trash. Some people only have a limited Window to play video games and I assume they are frustrated to find bugs and things that prevent them from enjoying their game time.
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argusus wrote: »

That's all I saw in zone chat last night is people complaining and talking trash. Some people only have a limited Window to play video games and I assume they are frustrated to find bugs and things that prevent them from enjoying their game time.

That's a very good point @argusus, I can definitely understand the frustration there. I'm sure a lot of players are lucky to even get an hour of in-game time a night because of work (myself included). It's more so the people who are taking out whatever real-life drama they have going on by lashing out and belittling ZOS employees like they're nothing, and are somehow convinced that all of these bugs are one big conspiracy theory (a.k.a. the crazies). There's barely any constructive feedback for the moderators to read because they're all buried in pages of filthy insults.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭

Hey @calibum2662b14_ESO‌ @nalimoleb14_ESO‌

I too have been gaming for more than 30 years, though started on consoles. I also have studied game development and game theory, formally. When it comes to progression systems being broken there is no such thing as whining.

When you take away the ability to progress, i.e. make it impossible such as with the current game breaker in DC silver, or you remove the ability to evolve and succeed with provided content, such as with the decreased XP (if you do all vr content you will arrive in v10 zone as v4-v5), then you have effectively remove all incentive to play. On top of that the rewards from all of the drops are leveled too (making cool undaunted drops useless).

This should be intuitive to any real gamer. The right combination of rewards can be additive and lead to sacrificing all but the most basic RL functions (anecdotal even those may be sacrificed), but there is evidence that the converse is also true. Remove the reasonable (opinion to a certain point) ability to progress and reduce the rewards too far for the work and people will never play that game again. This is in a sense similar to the business axiom that regaining a lost customer costs 8x more than it would have to retain the customer usually through simple communication and very minor concessions

Edited by GunemCleric on 11 November 2014 15:26
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Argusus
    Argusus
    Argusus wrote: »

That's a very good point @argusus, I can definitely understand the frustration there. I'm sure a lot of players are lucky to even get an hour of in-game time a night because of work (myself included). It's more so the people who are taking out whatever real-life drama they have going on by lashing out and belittling ZOS employees like they're nothing, and are somehow convinced that all of these bugs are one big conspiracy theory (a.k.a. the crazies). There's barely any constructive feedback for the moderators to read because they're all buried in pages of filthy insults.

Yeah I agree with you on that. It's one thing to voice disappointment but to make insults directly related to the zos staff is not cool. I'm a developer myself and I know how fixing one thing can break another and regression testing can be a nightmare on large apps. I think this game is great for the limited time it has been in the wild.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.
    I'm glad my boss doesn't pay me in admiration.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    Bug report menu ...BUG

I have reported multiple times that MAC users are unable to report --bugs.
    The menu interface is --unusable (and utilizing /bug from chat also..doesn't work). This has happened after installing Yosemite (on MacBook Pro - 2014).

please advise if there is a fix coming...
    The menu was intentionally made to be simplistic remember? it's not lazy, it's a matter of design aesthetics...
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bug report menu ...BUG

The menu interface is --unusable (and utilizing /bug from chat also..doesn't work). This has happened after installing Yosemite (on MacBook Pro - 2014).

The menu was intentionally made to be simplistic remember? it's not lazy, it's a matter of design aesthetics...

I don't think he's talking about the minimilistic UI.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry
    At this point I am laughing. Because many of us have been for months coming onto these forums after every patch and warning them that they need to do a better job of not allowing these bug riddled updates to become live. We have been telling them not to ignore reported bugs and to take the time instead of rushing these updates. Perhaps they will start listening to us. Even the most dedicated fans among us will not continue to pay for a game that doesn't even work.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What online game where you playing in 1984?? LMFAO
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bug report menu ...BUG

I don't think he's talking about the minimilistic UI.
    I was being sardonic. The UI is terrible and not just with it's lack of features.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on 11 November 2014 16:43
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to the internet, the first Multiplayer Online games were in 1975, the were called MUD (Multi-User Dungeons) and were initially Text based.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD

So games that we would recognise as MMOs in 1984 isn't that far fetched. Although none of the games shown in the clip were MMOs.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭

The fact you think that this is so outlandish only proves your ignorant to the history of the gaming genre you now take for granted.

MUD1/Essex Mud
    MAD

On several occasions I recall them banning both at some universities because we would saturate the BITNET
    Edited by michaelb14a_ESO2 on 11 November 2014 17:04
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober , For people who turned in pledges expecting the increase in Undaunted exp, will we see an adjustment in our exp or is that lost?
    Sorry, we won't be able to retroactively award the difference between today's intended reputation gain for handing in silver and gold pledges and the effective gain.

Until the fix is actually live, the admiration of other Undaunted members is the only additional reward.

What gain? I did a silver and gold turn in and went from 155 to 160 to 165 - so still getting 5 points per turn in.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC