Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ignore list full

Wolfi
Wolfi
I only put the annoying gold sell spammers on ignore (before reporting them).
Now my ignore list is full, I get the message, that I can't ignore any more accounts.

Please expand the list or remove the spammers from the chat.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delete some?
  • mailb16_ESO2
    mailb16_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    Delete some?
    So, will you give us a list of no longer active goldspammers that can safely be deleted?
    Because, you know, they were ignored for a reason. Having to un-ignore everyone on an ignorelist every now and again only to re-ignore them when they spam again is pretty much the opposite of an ignore list functionality. This way, ignored ones get more attention than anyone else.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delete some?
    So, will you give us a list of no longer active goldspammers that can safely be deleted?
    Because, you know, they were ignored for a reason. Having to un-ignore everyone on an ignorelist every now and again only to re-ignore them when they spam again is pretty much the opposite of an ignore list functionality. This way, ignored ones get more attention than anyone else.

So what you think when you report them Zenimax does not ban them? The ignore list is the size it is for a reason. You can safely remove them all there is nothing they can do to you besides show up in your chat window. You can be safe to assume the ones from weeks ago are no longer spamming with the same names.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete some?
    Any over three days are almost certainly banned, any over two days are probably banned.

As others have said, go to you friends list, click on the Ignored list, and clear any over three days old. If it's still too full, delete any two days old, if you find they are still spamming, you can re-add them to the ignore list.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I delete the bots/gold spammers from my ignore list each new day and they're usually gone.
  • Eledra
    Eledra
    @AlexDougherty and @Celuwen
    Hope you are right, b'cause i report one really "powerfull" goldspammer 6.5. and due his "unique" name i can still see his spamm AD/Auridon zone chat with his "perfec offer".
    :(
    I hate those gray wings at my back,
    because they gave me too much pains in time of my born.
    But, still i love them,
    because they color is not white or black, but beautiful grey.
    And who i am?
    I am sinner, i am haibane.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing there's a limit for performance reasons, so just having banned accounts automatically removed would be nice.
  • Hangtooth
    Hangtooth
    Soul Shriven
    Install http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info211-X4DLibAntiSpam.html to block spam without filling your ignore list and then install and run http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info287-ResetIgnore.html to clear your ignore list.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't ignore spammers anymore, there are too many total jerks and I need more space to ignore them. This shouldn't be a limitation.

Expand to 1,000.

Within; Without.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hangtooth wrote: »
    Install http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info211-X4DLibAntiSpam.html to block spam without filling your ignore list and then install and run http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info287-ResetIgnore.html to clear your ignore list.
    This.

Add-ons will help, where ESO's internal tools fail.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    i download the anti-spam addon, but i experience it blocking players with real names for "detected chat spam," even when I haven't noticed that player talking previously.
    This is all part of the game.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanna wrote: »
    i download the anti-spam addon, but i experience it blocking players with real names for "detected chat spam," even when I haven't noticed that player talking previously.

Well, for me that's value-added anyway, since I've found that zone chat is full of crud I don't care to read, spam or not. :smile:
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Hangtooth
    Hangtooth
    Soul Shriven
    Shanna wrote: »

I know what you mean, x4d antispam has a 'flood' blocker (someone posting anything too many time in rapid succession in zone chat) If you set the flood gate threshold or whatever the setting is called to 0 it will stop doing this check at all.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eledra wrote: »
    Hope you are right, b'cause i report one really "powerfull" goldspammer 6.5. and due his "unique" name i can still see his spamm AD/Auridon zone chat with his "perfec offer".
    Well keep reporting him.
    Am I reading that right, you can still see his spam despite him being on your ignore list, well report him for that too, and post in the Combatting Gold Sellers on the Forums, it's not quite the right thread but it has the attention of the Mods.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on 8 May 2014 13:22
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Eledra wrote: »

Ugh. :/ I use an add-on as well. It helps keep my ignore list under control.
  • Sev
    Sev
    ✭✭
    As others have said, go to you friends list, click on the Ignored list, and clear any over three days old. If it's still too full, delete any two days old, if you find they are still spamming, you can re-add them to the ignore list.

If there's a way to sort ignores by date, I haven't found it. Mine are sorted alphabetically, which really isn't helpful. Nor is the way each one takes several seconds to clear off the list with the game giving me an error message if I click too fast.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing there's a limit for performance reasons, so just having banned accounts automatically removed would be nice.
    I would like this, rather than trying to play roulette with who is *likely* to have been banned by now.

The ignore list should automatically remove anyone on list who has been banned.
    Edited by babylon on 8 May 2014 13:42
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hangtooth wrote: »

Thanks for this. Spamfilter is great, it just always took so long to clear out the list. The resetignore will be great
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi
    I do not consider it convenient having to install an add-on to not longer be harrassed by spam and gold-sell-ingame-mails.

I also like to add, that spamfilter-addons do not remove the disease, they only remove the symtom.