The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 12 when I hit Play

Rk_sky
Rk_sky
Good Afternoon.........
I get this Error when I hit the play button

====================================================================
eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 12)
Description: Client Fatal Error
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.0.0.956792
branch = live
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-03-31T08:05:08.484Z
client.timestamp = 2014-03-31T08:05:09.195Z -frme 1-
computer.name = RK-PC
computer.user = Rk
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 8
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
exe.buildnum = 956792
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
fe.code = 12
fe.descrip = Client Fatal Error
gfx.description = 9.18.13.2723
gfx.deviceid = 358.89198632.9
gfx.driver = Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
gfx.vendorid = 32902
mem.physical = 8094
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
ptime = 1
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 1
version.patch = 0
version.subpatch = 0
any Idea? I'm about to freak out...
  • Exoplex
    Exoplex
    Same problem with a few others. I'll let you know if i find a solution however if you have managed to fix it i would love to know how.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi Everyone,

There could have have been some corruption during the download process which can cause error 12 to occur. Try using the Repair option in the launcher to resolve your issue.

You can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on your computer by following these steps:

1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    2. Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    3. On the left-hand side of the launcher, there will be an entry for The Elder Scrolls Online. If multiple games are installed, make sure to have the correct game highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Click on Game Option at the top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Please let us know if this helps clear up the fatal error.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Seph1975
    Seph1975
    Soul Shriven
    I got an error 12 after 6 days. I just did everything in the above post. It says it needs to repair 22660MB. It's downloading that much again? I just waited 6 days of non-stop downloading just to have to repair and download it all over again. Does this mean the whole file I downloaded is corrupt. Will it do this again. WTH! Got this imperial edition for nothing. I knew I should have waited. Oh well back to The Old Republic I guess.
  • Rk_sky
    Rk_sky
    the same here
    I miss the CDs so much guys........
    Edited by Rk_sky on 1 April 2014 11:55
  • Rk_sky
    Rk_sky
    I'm in china at the moment
    Does could be it to cause the problem?
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

There could have have been some corruption during the download process which can cause error 12 to occur. Try using the Repair option in the launcher to resolve your issue.

You can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on your computer by following these steps:

1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    2. Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    3. On the left-hand side of the launcher, there will be an entry for The Elder Scrolls Online. If multiple games are installed, make sure to have the correct game highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Click on Game Option at the top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Please let us know if this helps clear up the fatal error.

Ok. So when I go to repair, it starts downloading the entire game, starting at 8%. Was every single file corrupt or something? I've already re-installed the game 3 times in the last two days because of the initial issue where one of your patches broke my launcher. There's gotta be a better solution than, "Every time the game crashes, download 30GB of files again." Please?
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this? I seem to be in a constant state of redownloading think it was 5 times last week that it wanted to redownload the whole game. I know the files are there.

Any update would be great, just seems that it would be senseless to have to reinstall evertime.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now having this problem too. Initial error was 210 followed the instructions that tech support sent after downloading for 4 hours hit play only to have a fatal error 12 crash several time on my second attempt at repairing should I uninstall and reinstall the game?
  • AZOTh999
    AZOTh999
    Soul Shriven
    I just got this error when trying to start after a fresh install. Trying the repair option. Repair seemed pretty fast, initially, so I didn't understand the posts above... initially. It checked all of those files pretty quickly, then sure enough, just as above, it is downloading the entire thing again. Is that really necessary? No package manifest sort of behavior to say " this package/module checked out bad... grab it - and just it." You guys might want to rethink that a bit. I'll try this again tomorrow, I guess.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a player runs the repair option, the game may appear to be redownloading. What is actually happening is that the launcher is checking the game for corrupt or missing files. If any files are found to be corrupt or missing, they will be replaced during the repair process. While this process can take a bit of time, we encourage you to leave the launcher up and running so that it can finish uninterrupted. Doing so will increase the likelihood of a successful repair.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • lid609
    lid609
    Soul Shriven
    I have this game on disk, xbox, and steam. Most recently, I am playing on steam. I am getting error 12 as well. When I try to opt into betas through steam it does not give me the option to allow any betas. Basically, no betas are shown to be available on steam.

repair has not been effective.