Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Map Icons?

Dudey
Dudey
Can anyone link me a map key for the icons? What does the torch mean? What does a skull and cross bones mean? How do I know if I can solo something or that I need a group? How big of a group do I need? Etc? I keep walking into dungeons where I get face rolled...or I walk into something with three people and it's too easy. Please help?
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Torch means dungeon uninstanced usually there a few on any given map that can be solo friendly but one is more of a group thing see one with five six critters per group usually more a group one. Torch with plus sign means that it is one you need a group and is instanced. Skull and cross bones means something bad lives there. Might take more then one person to kill. A boss of some sort. Anchors also have a symbol on the map sort of a vortex looking thing would suggest bringing a couple of friends if you want to get rid of it.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Baraz
    Baraz
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of...

SUGGESTION (for ESO) : add the icons to the Key section of the map.

Example :
    Torch : dungeon
    Torch+ : group dungeon
    Crafting symbol on a flame : special set crafting station
    Edited by Baraz on 16 April 2014 03:47
  • jowens000
    jowens000
    It's still vague