The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Silvered" trait

SjornParadox52
SjornParadox52
✭✭✭
This idea just came out of nowhere but i just had to share the idea, since we have an enchantment for dealing bonus damage against undead n' daedra why not a weapon trait that's made to deal bonus damage against Lycans? Known as Silvered, for crafting weapons with that trait it would require something like "blessed silver"? or something.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea just came out of nowhere but i just had to share the idea, since we have an enchantment for dealing bonus damage against undead n' daedra why not a weapon trait that's made to deal bonus damage against Lycans? Known as Silvered, for crafting weapons with that trait it would require something like "blessed silver"? or something.

Well technically you can already get a poison damage enchant on an infused weapon against werewolves.
    As cool as I find the idea and as much as I want more options, I kind of don't want to do more research, even if the research scrolls from the daily login rewards are starting to pile up.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of any scenario where you could justify running this trait. Werewolves are exceedingly rare in both pve and pvp.
    I guess you could equip it for specific fights and duels against a ww build...but at that point, I don't think anyone will actually be happy about the existence of the silvered trait.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would make more sense to include them to take damage from prismatics, so it affects everyone that fighters guilds abilities do.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another route to the same outcome would be to add a new refined material called "silvered rubedite". The weapon itself would be made of the material.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of having a 'Silvered' trait. However, it needs to be more broadly useful.

A simple solution would be to simply copy the Prismatic behavior and have a 'Silvered' weapon deal more damage against all of the Undead, Lycanthropes, and Daedra. There are enough of those scattered throughout the various types of content in the game that it would be BiS for many dungeons without threatening to become the universal meta choice.

The tuning would be important and its best comparison trait would probably be Sharpened. At 3276 Penetration (for a 2H weapon) it's providing a true damage increase of ~6.6 - providing that you're not already at the Penetration Cap of 18200.

So a hypothetical 'Silvered' trait would need to be tuned to be greater than this value since its application would be significantly more circumscribed. Someone else could probably give a more definitive answer but as a ballpark estimate, I would toss out something like +12-15% (on a 2H weapon) or roughly double the strength of Sharpened.

The additional power is warranted since the trait would be completely useless in the majority of the game's content but it would be the clear choice for content where its bonus would actually apply. Furthermore, due to the way that the game handles damage modifiers, the actual damage increase realized would actually be lower than the advertised +12-15% (likely a true damage increase of something like 9-12%).
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's basically the whole Fighters Guild line. It has changed over the years, but originally started with bonus damage to the supernatural. It kind of still is, but to a lesser extent than what it was in the beginning, they're just moving away from it and making that skill line a more broader scale.