The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else have a bully /kick you from a dungeon? (Screenshot)

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    There appears to be no bullying involved, they took one look at the build and realised that it was pvp.

You don't think a group of players openly ridiculing someone before kicking them is bullying?

I very much disagree. You can both agree with their decision to kick him, and acknowledge that the way they handled the kicking was blatant open mockery, you know. There were not legitimate questions. They did not think it was the meta. They did not think his build was perfect. They were asking him loaded questions to mock him. It's blatant and obvious.

It is not an and/or thing. Just because they were "right" to kick him does NOT make the blatant open mockery okay.

No I don’t, I think they took one look at his build and said “no thx.

Maybe OP will take some feedback on board. If you think the mockery is bad, maybe they felt the OP was mocking by turning up to a vet dungeon as healer with 40k hp and snb.

They didn't say "no thx" though, did they? What they actually, literally did was mock him. Why do you think it's acceptable to mock new players for not knowing the game before you kick them? Why not just kick him without all that? Or just say "sorry need pve healer" before the kick? Why do you find mockery, specifically, to be so legitimate?

No, be clear, I said I didn’t think it came across as bullying.

Yes. You said it you don't consider it to be bullying. So I am asking why you think it's legitimate to mock a new player for not knowing the game before you kick them.

If you go to a black tie event wearing an all pink suit....whose fault is it?

Ah. So he deserved mistreatment because he was new and didn't know better. Okay.

They weren't responsible for their own actions. They were just giving him what he deserved.

Nah. I don't buy into victim blaming. Perhaps he should fix his build before queuing into a dungeon. It doesn't give you a free pass to treat people like garbage. You're responsible for your own behavior, nobody else. His armor did not magically compel them to treat him badly. They chose to do that. They could have just kicked him quietly or said something like "sorry we want a pve healer," but they didn't.

And to be clear, it is the mockery that is the bullying. Not the kick imo.

They were not legitimate questions. It was open mockery by a bunch of bullies.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 10:29
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah. So he deserved mistreatment because he was new and didn't know better. Okay.

They weren't responsible for their own actions. They were just giving him what he deserved.

"Black Tie Event" haha, its just so funny how people justify elitism. Of all the analogies, the "black tie event" fits perfect with the elitist mentality.
    What actually happened was that I showed up to a casual amusement park and ran into an elitist with a superiority complex who "decided" on the spot I wasn't good enough. So, due to his own insecurity and lack of skill, he boots me a priori, before I even have a chance to play. Meanwhile other people who defend this really pathetic type of behavior come up with hockey game analogies, black tie event analogies, blah blah. Its just a casual dungeon run, it isnt the superbowl or an oscar ceremony. Elitists definitely are good at poisoning an otherwise light hearted atmosphere.

Pardon me when I queue up a random dungeon run if I stumble into your formal black tie event where each guest gets a physical pat down inspection because you decided, in all your superior glory, that you are The One whom decides what is acceptable and what isn't simply based on appearances and not based on performance........eeks, disgusting. :smile:
    Edited by marshill88 on 12 May 2021 10:28
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There appears to be no bullying involved, they took one look at the build and realised that it was pvp.

You don't think a group of players openly ridiculing someone before kicking them is bullying?

I very much disagree. You can both agree with their decision to kick him, and acknowledge that the way they handled the kicking was blatant open mockery, you know. There were not legitimate questions. They did not think it was the meta. They did not think his build was perfect. They were asking him loaded questions to mock him. It's blatant and obvious.

It is not an and/or thing. Just because they were "right" to kick him does NOT make the blatant open mockery okay.

Maybe OP will take some feedback on board. If you think the mockery is bad, maybe they felt the OP was mocking by turning up to a vet dungeon as healer with 40k hp and snb.

They didn't say "no thx" though, did they? What they actually, literally did was mock him. Why do you think it's acceptable to mock new players for not knowing the game before you kick them? Why not just kick him without all that? Or just say "sorry need pve healer" before the kick? Why do you find mockery, specifically, to be so legitimate?

Yes. You said it you don't consider it to be bullying. So I am asking why you think it's legitimate to mock a new player for not knowing the game before you kick them.

Evidence that he was new and didn't know better? Kicks can be an emotional downfall for some and educational for others.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are overreacting, if you re read the comments they made. You say the OP is a new player and yet plenty of fair advice has been given here which seems to be falling on deaf ears. The OP wants to run his pvp BG build in vet dungeon pve, it will not contribute positively to the groups performance. But to avoid future issues should the OP not be taking this on board? It’s a game, it’s designed for adults, I think a little bit of mocking does not come across as bullying.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

Evidence that he was new and didn't know better? Kicks can be an emotional downfall for some and educational for others.

He said it right in his OP. And has posted many times before about being new. He is legitimately new to this game. He's only got 20 vet dungeons under his belt. That's less than a week's worth.
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭
    and yet plenty of fair advice has been given here which seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Advice that justifies the behavior of kicking someone on queue up is advice I will summarily dismiss, because it is already foul. If you think dismissing someone on queue up is good behavior, then I don't want your advice. It isn't deaf ears, it is a full on rejection of what I consider tasteless behavior.

The problem with so many responses in this thread is that either I accept my /kick as warranted, or I'm just ignoring sage advice. This is a fallacy of the excluded middle. I am ignoring poor advice, not good advice.
    Edited by marshill88 on 12 May 2021 10:34
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't take advice from people gaslighting me either, to be quite frank. They don't want to tell the truth about what happened in those replies (open mockery vs legitimate questions) why should I believe anything else they have to say? They have no credibility.

I'd Google pve builds on my own and ignore the advice from people who have undermined themselves so thoroughly.
    It’s a game, it’s designed for adults, I think a little bit of mocking does not come across as bullying.

I think there is a massive difference between a little pvp trash talk between two people of equal strength, and mocking someone in a weaker position than you in a co-op setting where they are supposed to learn for having the audacity of being new to the game. But that's just me.

And I think adults should understand power differences. Kicking someone when they are down is low to me. Always will be.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 10:40
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of us were there except the op.

We can inject a lot of personal opinion into written text, based on our own perceptions and values.

We're only seeing one side of the story and the other people in the group aren't here to respond to this public abuse and clarify their intention.

This post needs to be closed.
    Edited by Indigogo on 12 May 2021 10:37
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    marshill88 wrote: »
    and yet plenty of fair advice has been given here which seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Advice that justifies the behavior of kicking someone on queue up is advice I will summarily dismiss, because it is already foul. If you think dismissing someone on queue up is good behavior, then I don't want your advice. It isn't deaf ears, it is a full on rejection of what I consider tasteless behavior.

The problem with so many responses in this thread is that either I accept my /kick as warranted, or I'm just ignoring sage advice. This is a fallacy of the excluded middle. I am ignoring poor advice, not good advice.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
    Albert Einstein

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You really should fix your build though. The way those guys went about doing things is completely unacceptable to me, but you gotta understand that not everyone is gonna want to run with a healer they know from experience won't be able to do the content. Or will be able to do the content but will make their experience miserable.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 10:44
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hydra9268 wrote: »

That said, would you agree that "sword and board 40k health healer" is not A-game material? The very nature of whatever build and specs OP is using demonstrates they are not optimum for the role they chose for the dungeon, regardless of how well they perform. Case in point, my spec is pure DPS, and it even has minimal aggro pulling, but I wouldn't be at my A-game as a tank.

thats just my back bar mate, main bar is rest staff...for that run anyway. For other runs i use dest mother-sorrow. as i said in my OP, i'm not a pro-healer, just queuing up for casual fun, as most dungeon runs are a blitz and entirely casual, but every now and then u get an elitist RP'er who takes it all way too seriously and boots people before even starting a run without giving them a chance. My bad for assuming good will on others. And this is the point no one in this thread has said except me, you can change gear and skills mid-run. If my build isn't working, I have plenty of skills and a full set of DPS gear in my inventory. For goodness sakes, why can't elitists just give players a chance? Maybe that guy you are booting can actually perform, or be able to switch skills for the final boss? But no, just boot them, such as it is I suppose.

The elitists are out there, I hope I don't queue up with them, (most of the time I don't), but with random queues, always a chance.

General rule when PuGing is don’t expect anything close to “good will” from others. That is a let down unto itself. Secondly it’s not Elitelist to call into question a strange build set up from any group member in vet content. Healer or DPS, most will call into question if you enter with a Sword and Shield and 40k health. The thing is if you invested that much into health you are lacking in your main resource pool. And that means you’ll be less effective at your primary job and that’s to heal and buff/support group as well as DPS because most groups don’t need a full time healer who only heals and buffs.

Yes you could change your gear mid run, but with 40k health, how would that really change how much damage you did. It wouldn’t be as effective as investing primarily in magic or stamina. No matter how quickly you think you cleared vet dungeons with that build, you would have cleared it much faster with a build with primarily magic or stamina. Rolling into vet Moonhunters Keep with 40k health and sword and shield on a healer I honestly doubt you helped your group very much.

And most have stated, including me, it seems they didn’t immediately kick you. They tried to communicate with you, but it seems you failed to see it in chat in a timely manner and for most non communicating group members are a liability. They seemed to kick you after you failed to communicate. Nothing wrong with that.

Basically, if it were me (and most sensible people) we don’t kick you primarily because of your off meta build, but if you fail to communicate with your group after being questioned about it, that’s cause for concern and will get you kicked.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tried to communicate with you

They were not "communicating" with him. They were mocking him. "Is that the new meta build?" was not a legitimate question. They knew the build was bad. "Queue for a new dps lmao" was not a legitimate question. He initially tried to ignore their mockery. That's what happened.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 10:50
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    If it was a veteran dungeon (especially a DLC) the group was right to kick you, it's not just a problem of being free to do what you want (as many think) but to "respect others"; when going to veteran dungeons, the pve role must be respected.

If the dungeon was normal, it makes no sense to kick you, in normal dungeons you can also go naked and you need minimal care in the party.

Moral of the story: pvp players do you want to play pve, do you want that particular monster set? There are 2 solutions:
    1) go dungeons with your pvp friends;
    2) you adapt to the pve game and respect the roles.

P.S. - In pvp you are immortal, in pve you die in the aoe of Kra'gh The Dreugh King!

Ehhhh, pvp healers have to heal through 12 player or more ultidumps and countless aoe and siege damage on top while trying to cope with endless cc. And at the same time buff the group so they are able to nuke the other groups. We are able to complete vet trials with our pvp group with no sweat lol. So to say pvp builds cant be succesfull in pve dungoes is just... steaming pile of something lol
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He said it right in his OP. And has posted many times before about being new. He is legitimately new to this game. He's only got 20 vet dungeons under his belt. That's less than a week's worth.

I didn't realise that. Well, they were mocking him and that is not really ever acceptable even though a foolish build can make people rather skeptical. Thanks for standing up for fairness even though I don't agree here. as I still think they should have kicked
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

.....and yet has four star forum ranking...🧐
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't realise that. Well, they were mocking him and that is not really ever acceptable even though a foolish build can make people rather skeptical. Thanks for standing up for fairness even though I don't agree here. as I still think they should have kicked

I think it's possible to agree they should have kicked, and think they handled it poorly. Both of those things can ve true, and both arguably are true.

I actually personally wouldn't kick before a first add pull in general, but I can understand why others might kick on sight. What I really can't accept is mocking people while doing it. I think it's kicking someone when they are down.

I honestly really hate how this played out for OP.

First they get mocked and kicked in the game. And then they get gaslighting and victim blamed for the mockery, when they were just looking to vent and maybe find some commisseration. They obviously felt frustrated by that experience. And all of this because they are new player with a build that is bad for pve, that they thought was good because they had success with it before. Now they don't even want to share their build on here in the future, which is gonna make it harder for them to get advice.

If this how people "give advice" to new players, it's no wonder that few people want to do harder content and the playerbase's collective dps is so low.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 11:18
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes he posted this in March

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/565731/new-player-question-why-is-it-all-stam-or-all-mag#latest

As a long haul scam to make you think he was new just so he could make this thread. So devious. He's making classic newbie mistakes like hybrid dps builds and lots of health on his healer so he don't die, specifically to farm likes on the forums. It's all been a months long deception.

/s
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 11:23
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the children play, let the children have their way

(Good guitar music plays a solo lead line)

• hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, you think very highly of yourself and your skill level, degrading everyone's opinion and not even trying to take some tips, when people mean well.
    Everyone here has their reasons for kicking you or not, yet you don't even try to understand those 'Elitist Roleplayers' with a different opinion than yours.

You played for 4 months in total, have often been behind looting or questing in about 20 Veteran Dungeons, yet say you participated greatly in action with your build.
    You say you blitzed from Boss to Boss - don't think, you were the one killing them so quickly, but okay - and the only one you have been struggeling with was Maarselok, but although you (most likely) didn't know the Mechanics and surely had far too little healing output for Maarselok with your Build, it's not solely your fault. Like, how do you know?

How do you know your own Performance was this good? Because no one died at times? Because you did a Speed Run? That legit doesn't mean anything. Some Players have their own Heals or Shields, just in case a fake or uncapable Healer shows up in their Vet Dungeon, because with Group Finder you never know.

Besides that, speaking as a Healer myself, this Role is the least needed in Dungeons so basically an easy Carry if the DDs have enough Damage Output, which seems to be the case, as your TEAM blitzed through the Bosses while you were behind or doing the least you cold.. Yes, the least.
    A Healer is there to heal, a Tank to taunt and a DD to damage, BUT that is the least these Roles are required to do. DDs are supposed to show Movements and handle Mechanics other Roles can't in an appropriate time (like FG2 the Chain Adds at Gamyne Bandu), Healers may debuff/buff and also do a little Damge Output (without switching Gear ;)) and Tanks the same.

Stop saying doing the least is enough and patting your own arrogance up to the sky, because your Team Mates that far definitely did more than their least. Show some respect.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the children play, let the children have their way

(Good guitar music plays a solo lead line)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzxKB7kBP70
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes he posted this in March

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/565731/new-player-question-why-is-it-all-stam-or-all-mag#latest

As a long haul scam to make you think he was new just so he could make this thread. So devious. He's making classic newbie mistakes like hybrid dps builds and lots of health on his healer so he don't die, specifically to farm likes on the forums. It's all been a months long deception.

/s

The OP got kicked, didn’t like it, wanted to vent, got given advice on how to prevent it happening again. Calls out “elitism” to those who actually train newer players in mechanics, but hey I’m not the one getting kicked because I won’t listen. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Did anyone find out which dungeon it was?
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pugged by yourself. If the other 3 people don't like you, your build, your name, the look of your character or whatever, they may kick you. There's no right or wrong in pugs (unless they directly violate ToS, then you can report). It's just rule of majority. There's nothing you can do to prevent getting kicked if the other 3 people have a different way of thinking than you. (again, for whatever reason).

Only practical solution is to not pug alone.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We have closed this thread as it is no longer constructive and has run its course. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.