The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm playing Breton because I want to be a handsome Altmer!

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sorry guys (not sorry) but it's true! Humans are boring and elves are ugly so... go half-elf!

Jokes aside, while Altmer females can be very beautiful, the guys... uhm... not so much. The Altmer skin textures are folded so they look too old, their eyes make them look like aliens, and the ears are too big/pointy. Altmer literally look like goblins, rather than elves. At least the males.

And while Bretons are supposed to be the magical humans, in practice they're super vanilla high medieval fantasy, so that's also a no-go from me. Their racial identity is contested, some consider them human, while (a few) others emphasise their elven ancestry. It's great that they can have pointy ears! Having said that, their faces are too round for someone with elven ancestry. Even with maximum angled face and an elongated chin have rounder, Bretons still have a rounder face than an average Imperial. So looks-wise and culture-wise Bretons aren't ideal imho, BUT they make perfect material for a half-elf RP and theme! This gives much more depth to their background and lore. And they look pretty hot too. :D
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed Imperials seem to have a Roman Legion type vibe. The Crafting Motif 10: Imperial Style literally makes you look like a legionary.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer males are the hottest :love:
    I love their sharp face features, they look semi-aggressive, preferences I guess :p
  • brimstone74
    brimstone74
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to tell them this is the "prettiest" rendition of elves/mer in the TES series?

Bretons have a "touch" of elven heritage. They are less half elf and more...dunedain, thus their appearance leanings are far more to their human ancestry. I actually find this far more interesting than the half elf trope.

For my part, I like that mer are visually distinct from humans and not just pretty europeans with pointy ears. In earlier TES entries they looked even more alien.

Also..kinda hard to RP a half elf in TES. They can't really exist. The way it works in TES is I believe the child takes on the mother's trait. So..Orsimer papa and Bosmer mama...Bosmer baby..and so on.
    It's Mundumental!
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen verandis or fennorian though? 100/100 😍
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to Fennorian and Verandis being pretty good looking

You can also make your own good looking male high elves. Just depends on what you like
    8S9clC5.jpg
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well there was word a long while ago that they are looking into updating the models - so maybe that'll help
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best-looking Altmer I've been able to make. You can see some of his sliders here. I didn't save all his sliders, though, sorry.

51154678028_88f75dda96_c.jpg

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen male bosmer faces? Foul creatures, no offense.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhhh.... I'd say different people have very very different ideas of what beauty is, lol. Male Altmer and female Altmer are gorgeous to me, whereas I'm not a Breton fan at all.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I love the way the Altmer look, but am not a fan of Bretons apperance at all.

Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's always fascinating, tastes can be so different ... I prefer Bosmer to any Breton

51154801703_9be277fd0b_z.jpg
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

It's always fascinating, tastes can be so different ... I prefer Bosmer to any Breton

51154801703_9be277fd0b_z.jpg

I'm just biased dunmer, we're always like that. But jokes aside bosmeri in ESO seems to me the hardest to make myself and enjoy playing one with face uncovered, idk.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the human races type, I agree the Breton are the best looking except for one thing I'll get into in a sec. Of the Elven types, I think the Altmer followed by the Dunmer are the easiest to make fair looking. Bosmer being way down to me. I have an unnatural love for the Imperial nose I've found.

But one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get my human females (Breton, Imperial, Nord) to lose that manly look in the face and body. Especially the body. Not only is there not any junk in the trunk but I think they lost the trunk. Elven females seem to come out with great bodies I don't have to mess around with. I think my Dunmer exceptional with my Altmer lady not far behind. Redguard females may need adjusting in the face but the body is the best of the humans.

When it comes to looks, a six pack pretty much makes it a non-issue.
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    My half-elf vampire was born in the Direnni Tower and claims to have touched the zero stone twice.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galwylin wrote: »
    Of the human races type, I agree the Breton are the best looking except for one thing I'll get into in a sec. Of the Elven types, I think the Altmer followed by the Dunmer are the easiest to make fair looking. Bosmer being way down to me. I have an unnatural love for the Imperial nose I've found.

But one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get my human females (Breton, Imperial, Nord) to lose that manly look in the face and body. Especially the body. Not only is there not any junk in the trunk but I think they lost the trunk. Elven females seem to come out with great bodies I don't have to mess around with. I think my Dunmer exceptional with my Altmer lady not far behind. Redguard females may need adjusting in the face but the body is the best of the humans.

When it comes to looks, a six pack pretty much makes it a non-issue.

I think Bretons are the best looking.

8pnhD01.png

What bugs me is that Imperials are locked out of having blonde hair.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galwylin wrote: »
    Of the human races type, I agree the Breton are the best looking.

Interesting, To me bretons are the worst looking of all the humans races in ESO, while Imperials are the best looking followed closely by the Redguards.

Maybe it's because of the darker skin tones, but I find it rather easy to make realistic looking Imperials and Redguards characters compared to the ones with lighter skin tones
    8sEwWir.png
    KV5n1Fj.png

But Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, then again beauty is not the main prerequisite for me when making a character, rather I want them to be intresting and too look as real and life-like as possible. :)
    Edited by Aztrias on 3 May 2021 08:56

Nerevar forget!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I think that's realistic if we compare the Imperials with people from ancient Rome. The ancient Roman ladies sometimes used wigs made from the blonde hair of captured Germanic people. So, an idea for the crown shop could be blonde wigs for Imperials ...

• Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials do have options for darker blonde hair though, it's not platinum blonde, but it's still blonde.
    oUTKc7b.jpg
    Edited by Aztrias on 3 May 2021 08:51

Nerevar forget!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in eso elves are MUCH better looking than they have been before.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also here is a picture of my male Altmer character
    4fSQDtC.png

...personally I don't find him very 'goblin'-like in apperance.

Nerevar forget!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    I think in eso elves are MUCH better looking than they have been before.

Well, that´s so true...

51155559774_9b76a35612_m.jpg
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9ybDl0D.png
    p3z0H3e.png

Lugaldu wrote: »
    Well, that´s so true...

51155559774_9b76a35612_m.jpg

cFrXR16.png
    :D

Nerevar forget!
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love my blonde imperial. Not white, but defiinately blonde.
    eL52IfB.jpg

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love my blonde imperial. Not white, but defiinately blonde.
    eL52IfB.jpg

Must be a console graphics thing, as I couldn't get anything close to that light on PC. Or maybe my graphics card.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think high elves are most in danger to end up looking like a drag queen...
    You know, their tallness combined with the facial structure...
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also on PC, this imperial has the second lightest hair color, definitely blonde
    8wXNQHr.jpg
    I think the lightest one is more sandy in color, though I can't check it out now.

Imperials can't be as light as Nords or Bretons, but they still have options for lighter hair, eyes and skin tones.

Nerevar forget!
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    preferences I guess
    This one speaks truth.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

I think bretons are the least attractive among both men and mer. They got such weird big and pudgy faces. Not that into altmer either because I think they often look too human in ESO. Yeah, I don't like humans with pointy ears, I like mer to be mer. They still look nicer than bretons, though.

Neither do I find humans in Elder Scrolls boring, because they are not real life humans.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on 3 May 2021 18:44
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys (not sorry) but it's true! Humans are boring and elves are ugly so... go half-elf!

Jokes aside, while Altmer females can be very beautiful, the guys... uhm... not so much. The Altmer skin textures are folded so they look too old, their eyes make them look like aliens, and the ears are too big/pointy. Altmer literally look like goblins, rather than elves. At least the males.

And while Bretons are supposed to be the magical humans, in practice they're super vanilla high medieval fantasy, so that's also a no-go from me. Their racial identity is contested, some consider them human, while (a few) others emphasise their elven ancestry. It's great that they can have pointy ears! Having said that, their faces are too round for someone with elven ancestry. Even with maximum angled face and an elongated chin have rounder, Bretons still have a rounder face than an average Imperial. So looks-wise and culture-wise Bretons aren't ideal imho, BUT they make perfect material for a half-elf RP and theme! This gives much more depth to their background and lore. And they look pretty hot too. :D

They are called half elve but lore wise it's pretty dilluted.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer are beautiful
    Bretons are pretty
    I prefer either beautiful or Darien