Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Outdated NPC outfits

MissingCosmos
MissingCosmos
✭✭
Hi i know its not even a problem but when you playing older contents like first DLCs or even vanilla game you can encounter some NPCs wearing some random or unfit outfit styles. For example there are couple of Aurorans in Fighters Guild Questline wearing Golden Saint outfit although there is updated Aurorans using Meridian Style comes with Wrathstone DLC. Or there are some Silver Dawn members in Orsinium wearing some random style like Orc. These can easily replace with updated motifs because these motifs already in game. Im not saying that after every update they should update every NPC's outfit but its coming to new gen consoles. Maybe with that update they should overhaul the game and the older content so it doesn't look outdated. Im leaving some in game screenshots for examples. Like i say its not a big problem but when you playing older contents game looks so dull. Even the key NPCs looks so unimportant.

ON-npc-Dirdre.jpg
Dirdre, a Silver Dawn Member, can be found in Orsinium DLC using Orc Style
Silver-Dawn-Iron-Female-Close-Front.jpg?ssl=1
New Silver Dawn style came with Wolfhunter DLC

ON-npc-Auroran_Battlemage.jpg
An Auroran Battlemage can be found in Proving the Deed quest using Golden Saint Outfit
ON-npc-Radiant_Auroran.jpg
An Auroran in Depths of Malatar Dungeon came with Wrathstone DLC using new Meridan style.

ON-npc-Nerevar.jpg
Or atleast they can overhaul key NPCs like Neravar in Clockwork City DLC because he looks so dull unlike Tribunal. He doesnt even have his signature sword Truefalme but the model is already in game.
ON-item-weapon-Trueflame.jpg
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if some of the reappearing NPCs (Lyrics, Sai, About, Raz, Naryu, the Ravenwatch) had their updated models added back to the base game as well, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An update would be nice. It’s always a bit awkward to see all the players including this one, wearing fancy outfits and costumes in dizzying array of dyes while some poor NPC is shambling around in their old tired duds :'(
    Edited by SammyKhajit on 27 April 2021 09:21
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is precedent for such action.
    For example, Tharayya used to wear Redguard light armor but now she is outfitted with a custom outfit.
    High Kinlady Estre used to wear Altmer light armor and she as well has a more fitting outfit.
    ZoS also revamped the cyrodiil NPC soldiers so they are now wearing faction style instead of race styles.

So updating visuals is definitely on ZoS' to-do list.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    It would be nice if some of the reappearing NPCs (Lyrics, Sai, About, Raz, Naryu, the Ravenwatch) had their updated models added back to the base game as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

No that's nice to have changed outfit on them. It look like the time passed and that's what it was supposed to be.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4vit45t7zu311.jpg

Personally i believe nocturnal is the one need a revamp outfit the most... i can't bare myself to look at her...

398048-1326217387.jpg
    this is how her looked in skyrim... imo eso really done a poor job, portrait one of the most beloved daedric prince
  • MissingCosmos
    MissingCosmos
    ✭✭
    lihentian wrote: »
    4vit45t7zu311.jpg

Personally i believe nocturnal is the one need a revamp outfit the most... i can't bare myself to look at her...

398048-1326217387.jpg
    this is how her looked in skyrim... imo eso really done a poor job, portrait one of the most beloved daedric prince

Agreed. I saw many Nocturnal cosplays looking much better than her. And the fact that you can get "Shrike's Nocturnal Frock" and copying her face makes it so much boring. I love zos' approach of making almost every outfit is obtainable. And people still upset about Queen Ayrenn's sword being not obtainable. But i think deadric princes or important NPCs should stand out a little bit. And their outfit should be more unique. Like Vivec or Sotha Sil. Or maybe even Grandpa Fyr even tho his outfit is obtainable he looks so unique and important.