The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    You do know, Zos, that there are oodles & oodles of players out there that would be happy to log in & test this stuff for you to see if it actually worked/hadn’t broken something else?

I would do it for free just to stop the utter frustration.

I would volunteer as tribute as well to MAKE THIS STOP.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, since the other thread I posted this in apparently got nuked, here is an attempt at a comprehensive list in one place of today's issues:

If you are on console, after today's patch the current reports are:

1. Guild roster updating is still questionable.
    2. You now cannot scroll through your craft bag to retrieve anything (such as, for instance, to sell it).
    3. You now cannot sell to a merchant and know what is still currently in/not in your inventory without backing out of merchant because selling an item does not visually remove it from your inventory.
    4. You cannot scroll through your inventory to list things for sale in your guild trader. You have to actually type something in search so I hope you remember exactly what you own that you want to sell!
    5. And all of the above now make me wonder if you also cannot scroll through your own bank or your guild bank - I'm at work, so haven't heard yet on that.

Honestly, this is bad enough that they should shut the servers down and roll the patch back. They won't, but they should.

I also still haven't seen a word about COD glitch ever getting fixed or if that is still Russian roulette on getting your money from a buyer.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA - same I can not navigate my menu to sell stuff in guild traders right now. Very frustrating - I just took a bunch off to re-list prices and wish I had not because I now can't put anything back in to sell at my guilds.

On the flip side - everything was much quicker with my banking :)
  • MythrialDrow
    MythrialDrow
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t sell to a merchant without changing tabs driving me mad
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i expect another update today, so just logged into EU and NA (xbox) to grab my daily rewards quickly.

Will try to fill up guildstore slots using the search function, then do daily quests as long as I can.
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    Any other company that had this many problems every time they updated their product would be out of business.

Is Microsoft aware that ZOS can't seem to update/maintain their game without major breaks every.last.time?

Does management not hold their programmers/developers/testers accountable for their work?
  • BronwenD
    BronwenD
    ✭✭
    5. And all of the above now make me wonder if you also cannot scroll through your own bank or your guild bank - I'm at work, so haven't heard yet on that.

Banks and guild banks are fine, somehow they managed to fix the issue we were having with them and the freezes experienced when withdrawing etc
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Its as bad as the 'can't sell items to fence' bug, a few months ago. lol
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the WGT boss bug fixed a patch or 2 ago cause just had that again
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Call/File a complaint with Sony, you pay PS Plus to play ESO.

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 21 April 2021 15:47
  • FlyingDutch92
    I guess you can't freeze whilst in the inventory if you can't actually navigate it properly :joy:
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    croakie wrote: »
    Any other company that had this many problems every time they updated their product would be out of business.

Is Microsoft aware that ZOS can't seem to update/maintain their game without major breaks every.last.time?

Does management not hold their programmers/developers/testers accountable for their work?

I have already received a warning from ZOS that they will block my account (which is seven years old) if I continue to voice my opinion on the quality of the product they are selling.

Yes Rinlan, me too

It seems we can't speak about game issues in chat...
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Also doesn't work...
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭

I did not receive a single response from Sony, when after the release of Markart, 90% of my characters did not load for me, despite a bunch of complaints to the support.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirty workaround guildstore:

search for an item, e.g. "motif" in your sales tab.

You can not visually scroll, but up/down is registered. Just the UserInterface is not updated.

So to get the 3rd motiv, hit down 2 times.
    Switch to the first tab, with all the guild listings.
    Switch back to the sale-tab, now the UI is updated and your 3rd motif selected, ready for sale.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ruifeio wrote: »

Also doesn't work...

It's not suppose to "work", more customers complain about low quality updates the better.

& when does complaining here ever work?
  • DUNKATRUCK
    DUNKATRUCK
    Soul Shriven
    XB1 - Selling items to the merchant doesn't remove them from the screen. If you try to sell an item, it only disappears after you exit the merchant and re-enter.

Unable to scroll down list in craft bag as well.

These are significant issues that seem to be consistent for both consoles. Please acknowledge and address asap.

Thanks!
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    dirty workaround guildstore:

search for an item, e.g. "motif" in your sales tab.

You can not visually scroll, but up/down is registered. Just the UserInterface is not updated.

So to get the 3rd motiv, hit down 2 times.
    Switch to the first tab, with all the guild listings.
    Switch back to the sale-tab, now the UI is updated and your 3rd motif selected, ready for sale.

Thank you - it took some practice tries to see what I was doing, but it did work for me. :)
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried charging a weapon and the champion bar keeps popping up. You couldn't make this stuff up 😂
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always the same. New patch=New things broke Those of you getting the enchanted version in June ? I wish you all good luck and fair winds.
    Not a software engineer by any means. But don’t you think you should test patches before releasing them ?
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely ridiculous. Come the **** on....
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation

Thanks. I just did exactly that. Quick and easy and made me feel better anyway. Zos track record of “Yup, we’ll get right on that” is laughable. But if enough people let Sony know, then I’m sure they’ll listen to those guys.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Can't sell stuff to guild/merchant.
    Can't scroll
    Game's gone unplayable after patch, do they not play test before releasing?

ESO is a pretty big game and a comprehensive test using manual and automated testing would take hours. I have always been under the impression that they focus testing on what has changed. That explains the pile of regressions that we always see.

pffff - they just fixed a few things this patch, what you can see in the patch notes.

One point is "improved banker/merchant actions." When you change the code there, how difficult is it, to test it quickly ffs?
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Reading text chat, the number of players (not on forum) wondering why they can't sell anything to their guild.
    Very sad, and annoying.

How long will we have to put up with it?
    Next patch day?
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    Xbox console to, extremely frustrating when the fixes break more things.
    Merchant Asistant removes items when sold, just does not update visually.
    Craft bag, you can't scroll the item menus, you have to use search to find specific item.

I tried to sell to merchant and the items disappeared from inventory but I received no gold
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Can't sell stuff to guild/merchant.
    Can't scroll
    Game's gone unplayable after patch, do they not play test before releasing?

Guess not. If they did this bug would not been here.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • cougarisbae
    cougarisbae
    ✭✭
    Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
  • Erebear
    Erebear
    I noticed last patch xbox one, I could not scroll in the trade screen. Dunno if this was fixed this patch or if I was that "lucky"
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question ZOS. Does anyone there actually TEST patches before they’re released? How does every patch you intend to fix something end up breaking it even more?