The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its honestly ridiculous and stuff like this proves there’s something wrong at the core

All the tests in the world won’t help if you keep building on a shoddy foundation. Its clear to me there’s something wrong with ZOS’s code and netcode yet they keep layering more and more dlc on top of it making the problem worse

I’d prefer they go down to 3 dlc a year and take the game offline for a few weeks to figure out whats wrong. But we know they won’t do that because it’ll make their investors unhappy
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on 9 May 2021 14:20
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agreed
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget this affects Xbox too.
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of playing I check in on this thread these days. Trying to decide if I care about the enlightenment I used to eat up in 10 minutes every day.

A few weeks ago I was looking at the series x and really excited for June 8, I have already pre-purchased the DLC and regret it.

June 8 is actually just a fix to something that has been broke to me now. I'm struggling to get that new xbox, because I really don't trust my gaming experience on the only game I play on console right now.

I'm personally struggling with if I was already over the game if something this small makes me want to create distance, but doubt I'm alone.

I would cancel my sub and manage all the extra craft bag items but I bet it's a major pain to sell right now... guess I could just totally take that break but I was daily engaged for so long I feel like I'm quitting on something that isn't committed back to me.

So right now I'm foolishly paying ZOS money for something I don't know if I want, heck I'm pretty sure they don't care so that's what's messing with me.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only a month to go guys! 😛

• elijah12
    elijah12
    ✭✭
    Anyone wondering when this bug will be fixed it will be fixed on June 8th when the New Consoles will be updated to the servers. So basically you have to inconvenience yourself with this bug for a full month or go play some other game. Your choice.
  • elijah12
    elijah12
    ✭✭
    Also the Zenimax devs already stated that there won’t be anymore incremental patches for consoles until June 8th sooooo there’s that too.
  • elijah12
    elijah12
    ✭✭
    Instead of playing I check in on this thread these days. Trying to decide if I care about the enlightenment I used to eat up in 10 minutes every day.

A few weeks ago I was looking at the series x and really excited for June 8, I have already pre-purchased the DLC and regret it.

June 8 is actually just a fix to something that has been broke to me now. I'm struggling to get that new xbox, because I really don't trust my gaming experience on the only game I play on console right now.

I'm personally struggling with if I was already over the game if something this small makes me want to create distance, but doubt I'm alone.

I would cancel my sub and manage all the extra craft bag items but I bet it's a major pain to sell right now... guess I could just totally take that break but I was daily engaged for so long I feel like I'm quitting on something that isn't committed back to me.

So right now I'm foolishly paying ZOS money for something I don't know if I want, heck I'm pretty sure they don't care so that's what's messing with me.

I'm in the same boat currently. I managed to get my hands on the New Series S and Playstation 5, I currently still play ESO on Playstation NA servers. After 6 years of play time I really don't know why i'm still playing. Bug after bug, patch after patch hotfix after hotfix nothing really seems to really get done to the state of ESO. Everytime ZOS tried to do something, they end up breaking something else. I have no hope less that ZOS will ever fix the game to a point where it will make everyone satisfied. Blackwood coming to Next Gen Consoles does intrigue my interest and I really do hope that they get their *** together before it's too late. I too am still paying ZOS because this is the only game I play after a full shift a work. Anyone will understand coming home to unwind after a long period of work to a game filled with bugs and being frustrated you just want to play and have fun.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijah12 wrote: »
    Anyone wondering when this bug will be fixed it will be fixed on June 8th when the New Consoles will be updated to the servers. So basically you have to inconvenience yourself with this bug for a full month or go play some other game. Your choice.

Yup. Sucks, but it is what it is. I chose to just continue playing on XBox.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an observation....it's been a few crappy weeks now and a month before the "fix" , this thread has over 32k views and over 500 replies...WHERE ARE THE COMMUNITY MANAGERS and why aren't they trying to at least smooth things over ?????
    Edited by ThreeXB on 10 May 2021 06:05
  • Norgh
    Norgh
    ✭✭✭
    No idea why they have not brought forward the Xbox and Playstation enhanced patch and include this fix for PS4-One at the same time, Pretty sure the enhanced patch does not require Blackwood as it is base game.

Far easier to do this and then sort any issues from this with the Blackwood chapter.
    Xbox EU-UK Xbox Series X
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Grymharth wrote: »
    I wonder if this game will have a future on PSN or if Zenimax has chosen that continuing the PSN project is not very profitable and has chosen to leave all its users unhappy so that they are forced to switch games or delete it. It is one of the possible explanations for this abnormal fiasco (...)
    Both consoles are affected with the same issues. Please stop the conspirary theory, it's a nonsense.

I'm afraid this isn't a "conspiracy theory". The nonsense is that you wrote that both consoles suffer from the same problems. It is not so.
    Please check the bug report section and see for yourself what is happening.
    In addition, PSN players had an "out of service" problem that lasted all day, while Xbox reactivated the service in let's say "normal" times for Zenimax criteria. It was during a Bank Holiday (seriously, why maintenance during a holiday?), and players will not have this day back.
    I completely agree with the previous post: PSN players are forced to wait another month before presumably, and hopefully, seeing these problems fixed. Also, this thread has over 32k views and over 500 replies plus one, mine, and I don't see any clarifying comments from community managers, who are totally absent and do not even intervene despite the numerous calling for it. What I see is that there are also players (or fake players?) who ignore reality and keep trying to make this issue less clear with strange answers, or posts that certainly do not help other players nor improve the gaming experience.
    It's a game, but also a paid service, don't forget that. And this service is not working as agreed. While I understand that is a minefield for Zenimax, I do not understand the full community of players.
    Now is PSN, tomorrow will be Xbox or PC.
    Stand up for your right.
  • Grimm_Cortex
    Grimm_Cortex
    ✭✭✭
    Still the same issue, and more than I asked for a commercial action from ZOS, response : We don't do that on bug.
    Ok, so we are just to pay the bill and shut our mouth ?

Not fair ! We have issue since a month now, with no communication on a date for a fix !
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Well,
    someone keeps saying that Zenimax will fix the 50-ish glitches (work in progress, numbers keep going up) that I have reported so far on June 8th.
    Almost another month.
    No confirmation from community managers yet.

Conspiracy theories?
    This is a nightmare.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] You realize I’m talking about player to player in trials and dungeons and not guild traders, right? For instance, if I walk up to you and open a trade vs using a guild trader. Not the same thing. Even if it’s related to the same UI issues in other parts of the game. But thanks. I’ll share what I posted here.

When you go to trade with a PLAYER in a trial or dungeon you can’t scroll through the inventory in the TRADE with PLAYER window. However, this is inconsistent because sometimes it works as intended. Only fix I’ve found is reloadui. I’m referring to TRIALS and DUNGEONS and NOT guild traders. PS4 NA

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 10 May 2021 13:52
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    [snip] You realize I’m talking about player to player in trials and dungeons and not guild traders, right? For instance, if I walk up to you and open a trade vs using a guild trader. Not the same thing. Even if it’s related to the same UI issues in other parts of the game. But thanks. I’ll share what I posted here.

When you go to trade with a PLAYER in a trial or dungeon you can’t scroll through the inventory in the TRADE with PLAYER window. However, this is inconsistent because sometimes it works as intended. Only fix I’ve found is reloadui. I’m referring to TRIALS and DUNGEONS and NOT guild traders. PS4 NA

Can I kindly ask you to add this glitch on the bug report section, "List of Issue on PS4 platform" thread?
    I would like to keep tracking of the glitches, that are already 50-ish and they keep increasing.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 11 May 2021 12:38
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    30 days to go!
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30 days to go!

Boy, that's a sobering thought.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 days to go!

Boy, that's a sobering thought.

Yeah. I can't believe we're not even half way through the wait yet.

So ridiculous.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    I found an interesting thing in the EULA https://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us.
    Bad news:
    "ZeniMax may patch, update, or modify a Service at any time with or without notice to You. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of any user names or other personas at any time and assumes no liability for lost or deleted Account data. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), You agree that ZeniMax will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform, any loss of Content (including, but not limited to, UGC, Game Mods and Downloadable Content), and/or Account data (including, but not limited to, Character data) resulting from any causes whatsoever. ZeniMax reserves the right to offer new Services, change and/or discontinue certain Services at any time in its sole discretion."

Someone had already written that he was tempted to take legal action. I see this as quite difficult and I don't think anyone has really read the terms that have been accepted with the EULA.

Last but not least, on September 21, 2020, you may have found this news: "Microsoft will acquire ZeniMax Media and its game publisher Bethesda Softworks"
    https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/
    And for this reason, I truly believe that PSN is not the preferred platform.
    However, thanks Zenimax for keeping us this way up to June.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do you explain the same handling of the problems on Xbox?
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for your reports everyone, we wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Patience and understanding?

We're beyond this.

ZOS should refund the subscription of all who has had to deal with this issue.

The very reason I subscribe is for the craft bag, and now this very reason is blocked for me to use. I can't extract anything from it, and the search says "No items found".

7 damn years of this crap. What the hell is wrong with the developers they keep breaking the game they wrote.

Enough of this crap. Don't release the game in this state again.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    29 days left! I can't wait to look in my craft bag!
  • Lazarus37
    Lazarus37
    Soul Shriven
    You are or course assuming that they fix the craft bag/inventory bugs?
    ;)

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't sub, would if performance was a priority, & I do fine.

Close to max bag slots & bank.

Materials mule:
    I log every few weeks to pull from bank.
    I only keep 160 mats gold/purp, & Free ESO plus week empties bag.

Gear mules:
    Only log to pull items from bank or meta change.
    Heavy Armor mule
    Medium Armor mule
    Light Armor mule
    Jewelry mule
    Weapon mule

I sell a lot to vendors, you really don't need 75% drops.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 10 May 2021 19:39
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lazarus37 wrote: »
    You are or course assuming that they fix the craft bag/inventory bugs?
    ;)

They totally promised everything will be awesome!.... in just 29 days!

I'm putting you all on notice. You have 24 hours to come up with good 28 Days Laters themed jokes.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    So how do you explain the same handling of the problems on Xbox?

You should tell me about Xbox. I don't play on that platform, you do.
    As for me, I have seen and reported many glitches affecting PSN, so far I have counted 50 and they are increasing.
    Please note that during the Bank Holiday update, the Xbox came back online almost at the same time as the PC.
    On the PSN platform, we lost an entire day, a holiday, which was planned to be spent at home relaxing. Among other things, with the safety restrictions of Covid, it is not that you can go to celebrate elsewhere.
    The Community Manager apologized to everyone and, if I remember correctly, chosen to extend the ongoing Event by 1 day more for ALL PLATFORMS, not just for the PSN user. No further excuses for PSN users, no refunds, nothing else. Day lost for subscribers. And this month of play, which is distorted and false the gaming experience, will not be refunded too, and, honestly, start a lawsuit would be useless and would be too expensive.
    That's why Grymharth woe on the balcony.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    I found some interesting info surfing today.
    Can you sue a video game company for a faulty product?

Say you are able to start up game Y and get to the starting menu, all game functions work until an actual game is loaded. Once loaded the game has full gameplay, except a video glitch does not allow for any gameplay. The company's utility tool says that everything about the game, and the computer used to run it are working perfectly fine. Does the consumer have any legal rights to sue for a faulty product?

That's is interesting, because two lawyers replied:
    1. You could sue. You will need an expert witness or two to explain to jurors how the game should work, why your system is compliant, how the expert verified that your computer contained no malware, that it was not your video card, that you had the current drivers, and so on. All this to jurors who have never played a video game in their life, things anyone who does so is a lazy bum, are not sure why they have to sit in the courtroom for days listening to someone complain why they cannot sit around the house.

and more

2. Yes, you could sue. However, you are not likely to receive any significant amount of money from this -- your filing fees will almost certainly be more than your costs. Furthermore, since you installed the game, you are likely subject to the EULA, which typically contains an arbitration agreement. So you'll probably have to go to arbitration instead of court.

Bear in mind...
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not about legal issues.
    I guess everyone is aware that legal issues are out of discussion.

What we CAN do, is to give feedback about our disappointment.
    It is certaily no good public relation, if people here or in other places (facebook, amazon reviews) express their disappointment.

Just 2 days ago, one of some guilds forming a trading circle on xbox NA officially anounced to stop to continue as trading guild, as a result of the impact the bugs have on sales. It is converted to a social guild, no more trader hired. The circle includes main location traders (Mournhold, Elden Root).

Myself I experience burn out issues.
    Stopped my daily delve/worldboss grind yesterday, instead helped someone looking through traders finding a rare motif.

It does not feel motivating playing a bugged game, and even more with the upcoming nerfs in sight.

So I will earn less gold, meaning I also will no longer spend millions to buy crowns from crownsellers. So if those will not sell their crowns, they have less motivation to buy those for real money.

I think this is what ZOS needs to realize: the consequence are not only some cosmetic issues. They go much further, from a loss of reputation to a loss of real income.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 11 May 2021 12:12
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not about legal issues.
    I guess everyone is aware that legal issues are out of discussion.

What we CAN do, is to give feedback about our disappointment.
    It is certaily no good public relation, if people here or in other places (facebook, amazon reviews) express their disappointment.

Just 2 days ago, one of some guilds forming a trading circle on xbox NA officially anounced to stop to continue as trading guild, as a result of the impact the bugs have on sales. It is converted to a social guild, no more trader hired. The circle includes main location traders (Mournhold, Elden Root).

Myself I experience burn out issues.
    Stopped my daily delve/worldboss grind yesterday, instead helped someone looking through traders finding a rare motif.

It does not feel motivating playing a bugged game, and even more with the upcoming nerfs in sight.

So I will earn less gold, meaning I also will no longer spend millions to buy crowns from crownsellers. So if those will not sell their crowns, they have less motivation to buy those for real money.

I think this is what ZOS needs to realize: the consequence are not only some cosmetic issues. They go much further, from a loss of reputation to a loss of real income.

If its not about legal issues why haven’t they issued an apology? People pay for this service and it needs to work