The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Gear Farming

Tendoshii
Tendoshii
✭✭✭
It sucks. I’m sure there’s been lots of ideas but with the addition of a sticker book for sets, we have a golden opportunity. When doing a trial, dungeon, arena, you get random set drops with random traits, but until you get the sets of that dungeon, trial, etc, completed in the sticker book, you can only get what you haven’t got yet. After that, it’s completely random. Then we don’t have to hate a game doing the same thing 30 times over with no end in sight. This way, even when you don’t get what you want, you keep progressing till you eventually get what you want/need. It also helps when trying to farm gear with people who aren’t in chat or not cp160.
Edited by Tendoshii on 13 November 2020 03:39
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear farming is extremely easy in ESO compared to pretty much every other MMO. Just keep it up, you'll get what you need!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the "sticker book" filled is a marathon, @Tendoshii, not a sprint.

You can buy most basic overland set items at the guild stores instead of farming them.

But, as mentioned above, ESO is on the lower end of the grind spectrum compared to other MMOs.

Take your time with it ... it's not a race against other players.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the game triggers our reticular activating system in a negative way. I see too many people focused on the bad things in this game instead of actually enjoying the entertainment.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Tendoshii
    Tendoshii
    ✭✭✭
    The “Gear farming in eso is easy compared to other MMOs” is a terrible argument. Just because something is more miserable doesn’t means somethings less miserable shouldn’t be addressed. Your friend has a broken femur? Then I better not hear you complain about a broken thumb. It’s a silly argument. Both things suck and should be corrected immediately.

Running the same dungeon, trial, arena over and over is what prevents people from focusing on what they enjoy. It’s not a user problem, it’s a flawed system that can be improved.

No one is here to gear farm. People are here to play the game. This isn’t even about me, so the patronization is misplaced. This is an observation from previous experience, sure, but also from playing the game for many years. No one has ever said they enjoyed farming for gear. Not once. So why is it more of a thing than it needs to be?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a solution if you don’t want to gear farm, @Tendoshii:

Don’t run content for bind on pickup (BoP) gear.

Find a craftable or overland bind on equip (BoE) substitute instead ... which will work fine for the vast majority of content.

Running content for gear is not (I repeat not) required to play the game.

If for some reason you think running content is required to enjoy the game later, then I’m not sure what to tell you ... other than ZOS is unlikely to change the current mechanic.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on 14 November 2020 16:15
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how a developer can sit there and think RNG and gear farming ( essentially doing the same thing over and over) is a proper experience. A serious waste of time. Even when doing the dungeon repeatedly, in my opinion, there should be an npc or a chest that gives you a piece of the set you don't have. Same with trials and arenas.