The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THE REACH GATE IN BANGKORAI DOESN'T GO INTO THE REACH?! ZOS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

• LunarLettuce
    LunarLettuce
    Soul Shriven
    Oh my God, agreed, this is totally immersion breaking. I really hope they see that this is something that matters to a lot of players, and choose to do something about it.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish ZOS would at least acknowledge this glaring issue even if they cannot fix it 🧐

The silence is getting frustrating
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would at least acknowledge this glaring issue even if they cannot fix it 🧐

The silence is getting frustrating

I absolutely agree,

if anyone wants to share this thread to them or just tag them in general be my guest.

I'm currently, (but slowly) writing the other thread i mentioned.

If it isn't changed in the next pts patch, then i'll post that one.

I do wish atleast they could comment if it is even on the menu to be fixed in the future in general.

I would rather know they are not going to do it then be kept in the dark, radio silence, it's a little more then annoying.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have bigger problems to take care of than some gate that doesn't affect gameplay in any way.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    They have bigger problems to take care of than some gate that doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

It does effect gameplay. Immersion IS part of gameplay.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭

Different people work on different parts of the game. The people who are working on the things you think are important aren't going to touch this Bangkorai gate, and most likely have nothing to do with world design
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this plssssss. Just make a road out of Markarth or something
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Fix this plssssss. Just make a road out of Markarth or something

It doesn't even have to be a road it could literally be a cave or door
  • LunarLettuce
    LunarLettuce
    Soul Shriven

Well, for many players a big appeal of the game is getting to explore Tamriel and isn't exactly aided when the zones don't connect properly.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so...we have some success..?

Zos has put a carriage infront of the gate which should take us to the reach but one problem.

the carriage doesn't work. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having the carriage is nice it show they at least listen to us

Maybe they could upgrade it a fully working door eventually but for now im ok with a kart

Next step bankorai/alikr connection anyone?
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they could upgrade it a fully working door eventually but for now im ok with a kart

Honestly, just connect anything that should be connected. Also i'm sure we will have to remind zos that their is a gate in reapers march to the the colovian highlands, where next years chapter is.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    The cart seems to be working on one of my characters, but not another. The one it works on is a lvl 8, barely any quests done. And the one it doesn't work on is a lvl 50, which has done the Bangkorai zone storyline. While I am grateful that our feedback has been listened to, I'm hoping that this is just to quieten us down until they can add an actual road/gate in the Reach in a future patch that connects to the Bangkorai gate properly. I understand completely if these carts were all the resources they were able to allocate during this PTS cycle, but this is more akin to considering Stormhaven and the Alik'r Desert being connected because you can travel between them via boat. I suppose a better example would be saying that Daggerfall, Davon's Watch and Vulkhel Guard are all connected to each other because of the fast travel boats. Yes, they are connected, but surely the devs understand that the players are excited to manually travel from one side of Tamriel to the other right? Hell, surely some devs are excited at the prospect of being able to do that without any method of fast travel, right?
    Edited by Kajuratus on 19 October 2020 18:25
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, just connect anything that should be connected. Also i'm sure we will have to remind zos that their is a gate in reapers march to the the colovian highlands, where next years chapter is.

Is there? Where abouts?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    The cart seems to be working on one of my characters, but not another. The one it works on is a lvl 8, barely any quests done. And the one it doesn't work on is a lvl 50, which has done the Bangkorai zone storyline. While I am grateful that our feedback has been listened to, I'm hoping that this is just to quieten us down until they can add an actual road/gate in the Reach in a future patch that connects to the Bangkorai gate properly. I understand completely if these carts were all the resources they were able to allocate during this PTS cycle, but this is more akin to considering Stormhaven and the Alik'r Desert being connected because you can travel between them via boat. I suppose a better example would be saying that Daggerfall, Davon's Watch and Vulkhel Guard are all connected to each other because of the fast travel boats. Yes, they are connected, but surely the devs understand that the players are excited to manually travel from one side of Tamriel to the other right? Hell, surely some devs are excited at the prospect of being able to do that without any method of fast travel, right?

That is interesting, did you take the carriage, where does it lead?

also i 100% agree
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Is there? Where abouts?

p9je9ru8799o.png
    yxowy1o37kmu.png
    xs48m3x13ufi.jpg
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭

also i 100% agree

Its south of the Markarth wayshrine, just outside the city

Both cart and wayshrine in the pic
    d6PCyc3.png

Looking south
    IKBFMMc.png

And map view
    E4tI9vn.png
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also i 100% agree

Its south of the Markarth wayshrine, just outside the city

Both cart and wayshrine in the pic
    d6PCyc3.png

Looking south
    IKBFMMc.png

And map view
    E4tI9vn.png

What i wanna know is how we get there? does the carriage have skyrim horse phsyics and just get up the mountain
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like its weird they won't use the gate. it makes me think it could be a future dlc dungeon enterance.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ther is also one gate east of kvatch and one along the the wall north of the gold coast map

Will all 3 be on the border ofthe new zone? Probably since there isnt anythinh else there
    Will all 3 work? Not sure since the reach didnt even get one
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on 19 October 2020 19:41
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ther is also one gate east of kvatch and one along the the wall north of the gold coast map

Will all 3 be on the border ofthe new zone? Probably since there isnt anythinh else there
    Will all 3 work? Not sure since the reach didnt even get one

Yeah, the gold coasto nes are much more obvious tho, i actually only found out about the one in arenthia a few months ago due to a friend of mine pointing it out, also the gold coast ones are labeled with a zone name already, have been for years.

So i hope i don't have to make gate 2: the sequel thread.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like its weird they won't use the gate. it makes me think it could be a future dlc dungeon enterance.

I don't know about a dungeon entrance with it being so close to Fang Lair, but I do think that their reluctance to use the gate is temporary, probably just so the player knows that carts travel you between Bangkorai and the Reach (at least for now).

TBH, I had a working hypothesis that ZOS would only allow base game zones to be connected to DLC zones if the entrance had a quest marker that kicked off the main quest of said zone. It seemed to ring true for Orsinium, both gates from Bangkorai and Stormhaven had something not too far away to start it off. Also for Dark Brotherhood, the NPC that starts off the questline was standing around the docks. Both Northern Elsweyr gates had that messenger from Abnur Tharn not too far away, and Western Skyrim has that guy bleeding out no matter which boat you take. So it would make sense that any path from Bangkorai or Craglorn would be required to have some sort of catalyst to start off the Markarth main quest. The only DLC's where this doesn't ring true are Thieves Guild... and Markarth if you're coming in from Western Skyrim. Poof goes that theory

I would say wait until after the reveal stream where they potentially announce the Colovian Estates, to make a sort of "reminder" thread to the devs. Right now, any sort of speculation about the next zone will be met with deaf ears, and rightly so, they haven't announced anything yet. But as soon as it is confirmed, I would make a thread to remind them about our concerns, and if it turns out they didn't include gates going into Arenthia and the Gold Coast, it might give them enough time to rectify that mistake
    Edited by Kajuratus on 19 October 2020 20:08
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually unsubbed because of this. :smiley:
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about a dungeon entrance with it being so close to Fang Lair, but I do think that their reluctance to use the gate is temporary, probably just so the player knows that carts travel you between Bangkorai and the Reach (at least for now).

TBH, I had a working hypothesis that ZOS would only allow base game zones to be connected to DLC zones if the entrance had a quest marker that kicked off the main quest of said zone. It seemed to ring true for Orsinium, both gates from Bangkorai and Stormhaven had something not too far away to start it off. Also for Dark Brotherhood, the NPC that starts off the questline was standing around the docks. Both Northern Elsweyr gates had that messenger from Abnur Tharn not too far away, and Western Skyrim has that guy bleeding out no matter which boat you take. So it would make sense that any path from Bangkorai or Craglorn would be required to have some sort of catalyst to start off the Markarth main quest. The only DLC's where this doesn't ring true are Thieves Guild... and Markarth if you're coming in from Western Skyrim. Poof goes that theory

I would say wait until after the reveal stream where they potentially announce the Colovian Estates, to make a sort of "reminder" thread to the devs. Right now, any sort of speculation about the next zone will be met with deaf ears, and rightly so, they haven't announced anything yet. But as soon as it is confirmed, I would make a thread to remind them about our concerns, and if it turns out they didn't include gates going into Arenthia and the Gold Coast, it might give them enough time to rectify that mistake

Yeah, i hope you are right, because honestly i can't think of a reason why the gate would NOT be used. its truly strange to me and i hope this is just a temporary plop down. Hey, we don't know how it works, maybe there are rules where they cannot change or hire people to model big things, so maybe q1 we will see it fixed when they add new houses n stuff.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually unsubbed because of this. :smiley:

which part? no gate or the cart?
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, we don't know how it works, maybe there are rules where they cannot change or hire people to model big things, so maybe q1 we will see it fixed when they add new houses n stuff.
    I'm guessing that the world builders have already moved on to the next zone, and their time isn't allocated to building anything for the PTS builds/Q4 release. I'm hoping that our feedback has been heard and the world builders have built the road going into Bangkorai, which will be a part of either next years Q1 or Q2 update, with these carts being the easiest thing to add in the PTS cycle, keeping consistency between the two zones travel method until the Reach is updated. Extra hope that they're adding a Craglorn-Reach gateway too, but I'm less certain on that one
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, we don't know how it works, maybe there are rules where they cannot change or hire people to model big things, so maybe q1 we will see it fixed when they add new houses n stuff.
    I'm guessing that the world builders have already moved on to the next zone, and their time isn't allocated to building anything for the PTS builds/Q4 release. I'm hoping that our feedback has been heard and the world builders have built the road going into Bangkorai, which will be a part of either next years Q1 or Q2 update, with these carts being the easiest thing to add in the PTS cycle, keeping consistency between the two zones travel method until the Reach is updated. Extra hope that they're adding a Craglorn-Reach gateway too, but I'm less certain on that one

Yeah, that is what i am thinking.

Idk about the craglorn bit honestly, i guess we will see, but i think they will focus on the bangkorai-reach gate as well, half the work is done already as one half exists.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer the gate to be walk through, but the cart actually works for me so I'm glad to see it was added.

Never thought about that, but it makes sense.

I haven't done anything with the PTS yet, but I assume the main quest starts in Markarth itself? I know that the Southern Elsweyr main quest started in Senchal proper, so you would need to use a cart or wayshrine in for that since it was pretty centrally located. The overland connection to the Reach from Western Skyrim comes down right by Karthwasten, but if the MQ starts in Markarth and has the North Markarth wayshrine active as the default, it seems then that they designed the Reach to be isolated like Southern Elsweyr, but it actually isn't.

Or I could be wrong.

I'd love to see them add the walkable connection in a later patch, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought about that, but it makes sense.

I haven't done anything with the PTS yet, but I assume the main quest starts in Markarth itself? I know that the Southern Elsweyr main quest started in Senchal proper, so you would need to use a cart or wayshrine in for that since it was pretty centrally located. The overland connection to the Reach from Western Skyrim comes down right by Karthwasten, but if the MQ starts in Markarth and has the North Markarth wayshrine active as the default, it seems then that they designed the Reach to be isolated like Southern Elsweyr, but it actually isn't.

Or I could be wrong.

I'd love to see them add the walkable connection in a later patch, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, the main quest starts off just outside Markarth. Both the wayshrine and the Bangkorai cart aren't too far away from the quest starter. The quest can also start a bit closer to the entrance to the city though. If you took a cart from Daggerfall/Davons Watch/Vulkhel Guard, you would appear closer to the gate, and the exact same scenario is playing out that leads into the main quest. So they clearly want you to start off Markarth right next to the city, unless you want to come in from Western Skyrim. Unless they add, I dunno, someone like Melina Cassel to give you a kick in the right direction by the Karthwasten gate. But then if they add her there, they can surely add her by a gate into Bangkorai, or a hypothetical Craglorn pathway
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But as soon as it is confirmed, I would make a thread to remind them about our concerns, and if it turns out they didn't include gates going into Arenthia and the Gold Coast, it might give them enough time to rectify that mistake
    I'm starting to worry about the fact that a players have to remind devs about something lore-ish. :/