The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THE REACH GATE IN BANGKORAI DOESN'T GO INTO THE REACH?! ZOS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

xclassgaming
xclassgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

In Bangkorai there is a gate which is meant to connect to the reach...and it doesn't. this is EXTREMEMLY Immersion breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP! f1in1ifw8udx.jpg

It's honestly pretty daft that it doesn't connect, it obviously leads to the reach and yet it doesn't?! why zos? just why? it wouldn't even take long to make a gate in markarth or near it to lead into it.

Thanks.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Location of the gate on the Bangkorai Map.ugkmlrxgz6ns.png
  • TheynT
    TheynT
    I second this. Please, please, please add a gate!

unknown.png
    nnm20n4l6ve5.png

660CP
    Characters
    Aventus Tienni, 50, Sorcerer Magicka DPS/Heal

Ingame: @T_Sturmfaust | EU | PC

Member of Cidhna Mine.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, there needs to be an exceptional reason (eg Cyro) to block off ways of overground travel between zones. Any appropriate gates should be opened if they ought to connect to a new content area.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Agreed, there needs to be an exceptional reason (eg Cyro) to block off ways of overground travel between zones. Any appropriate gates should be opened if they ought to connect to a new content area.

exactly! i don't get why they haven't done so with the reach, they did it with northern elsweyr, orsinium and other dlcs. why not the reach? its really annoying! either remove the gate or connect it!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im on console so i cant verify this but how is the zone placed on the world map? Does both zone touch eachother around that area or is it some weird empty space like with the 2 elsweyr map?
    If the first they should do it
    If the second , they dont connect so they should not do it
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    I been waiting for that gate to be opened for 6 years now 💀💀 y'all better add in a gate connected to it lmao
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please fix this oversight.

By fix, I mean make the gate work, not, remove the gate so we no longer see it.

Thanks.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im on console so i cant verify this but how is the zone placed on the world map? Does both zone touch eachother around that area or is it some weird empty space like with the 2 elsweyr map?

Te30acgulov9i.png
    The Reach does connect with Bangkorai, so there is NO EXCUSE that the gate isnt there in the reach as well. it's really silly.

• xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please fix this oversight.

By fix, I mean make the gate work, not, remove the gate so we no longer see it.

Thanks.

Honestly would rather them place the gate into the reach as well, but if they wont add it, i would just rather them remove it as all its gonna do is anger my OCD.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix this

Please 😇

It’s gonna drive me barmy otherwise 😕
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this

Please 😇

It’s gonna drive me barmy otherwise 😕

My friend, i know how you feel.

OCD is a nasty thing
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be stupid but... How do I get to The Reach? Was that gate the only way, I'm guessing no. I tried to port there but there is no wayshrine. I tried looking around Blackreach with no luck. What am I missing beside a brain, lol
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    Not to be stupid but... How do I get to The Reach? Was that gate the only way, I'm guessing no. I tried to port there but there is no wayshrine. I tried looking around Blackreach with no luck. What am I missing beside a brain, lol

Can't you get there from western skyrim?

I mean, that's not really acceptable to be the only entrance - you should be able to get there from Bangkorai (and IMO, Craglorn also), but there is clearly roads leading to and from karthwatch, so if you can't - that would be even worse than it not being accessible from Bangkorai...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Te30acgulov9i.png
    The Reach does connect with Bangkorai, so there is NO EXCUSE that the gate isnt there in the reach as well. it's really silly.

Thank for showing the map
    In that case yes it should connect
    Normally i woulnt care but the door already exist in this case making it more important

Maybe they forgot it existed, it was more than 5 years ago, i did forgot about it
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on 21 September 2020 22:07
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they connected the gate in Grahtwood to Northern Elsweyr. Can't see why they wouldn't connect Bankgorai with the Reach.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

Can't you get there from western skyrim?

I mean, that's not really acceptable to be the only entrance - you should be able to get there from Bangkorai (and IMO, Craglorn also), but there is clearly roads leading to and from karthwatch, so if you can't - that would be even worse than it not being accessible from Bangkorai...

I went to the door and it says The Reach but it won't let me in. I'll try again tomorrow when I have more time. Really, I'm just trying to figure out how to start any quest I may have to do to get into The Reach.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    Well they connected the gate in Grahtwood to Northern Elsweyr. Can't see why they wouldn't connect Bankgorai with the Reach.

That one is weird though
    Reaper's march is north and northern elsweyr north east but the gate are invirted! North for elsweyr north east for reapers march
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

That one is weird though
    Reaper's march is north and northern elsweyr north east but the gate are invirted! North for elsweyr north east for reapers march

hey. atleast you can travel between the zones atleast where there IS A GATE PLACED

To do so.

god its infuritating.
  • DarkHero1989
    DarkHero1989
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree it is a tad bit annoying you make crossing into 'The Reach' only acessible through 'Western Skyrim' yet there is a path that obviously heads to 'The Reach' from 'Bangkorai' and if you look at the conjoining regions there is a path that seems to head to Craglorn, but you headto the end of the road in 'The Reach' its completely gated up, the question is why even have a path that dead ends for no reason? if it was purposeful to do that i honestly dont see the reason to create the path to begin with. In my opinion it would be nice if more regions were more able to travel to via just riding there, i wouldimagine rp'ers would like that and just ride region to region with the only exception of Cyrodiil obviously. But again this is just how i feel.

hwix02lbljzg.png
    @Skooma_Lord1989

-Lord Ra'Jhirr,
    Lord of Anequina.Grand Overlord to the Ebonheart Pact, and loyal servant of Alkosh
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hopping on the #justiceforreachgate train as well. This needs to happen, one day we should be able to ride from Daggerfall to Lilmoth, and if you can even make it to Solitude, that's a problem. Please look into adding a gate, or even just a stray door in Markarth that leads to a cave. Anything to connect these regions.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an oversight that needs to be addressed asap please. The first half of Bangkorai is full or Reach lore, content, quests and Reachmen.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in why the developers did not connect the gate to The Reach. Is there a deliberate reason?

They're pretty good, usually, with making sure there are connections that make sense - its hard to believe they would simply forget.

Maybe they were leery of committing to a place on The Reach map that would make sense?

Although the unconnected gate in Mournoth is the biggest oversight, its also weird that there's no connection to Dragonstar - a village settled by Nords (who must have come from somewhere), governed by the Dragonstar Trading Company, right on the nexus between Evermoor, Markarth/Solitude, and the rest of the world. It would be very easy to put a road running from somewhere near Dead Crone Rock (SW corner of the map) to go past Dragonstar Arena.

ZOS, Tamriel has always been the main character of the franchise. One of ESO's major attractions is the possibility of exploring the world in depth, and seeing how it all fits together. One thing that the promise of "all of Tamriel" offers that the SPTs never could is the possibility to travel across the entire land, from one side to the other, exploring the similarities and differences of the land we love as we go. People have been excited for this prospect since the day the project was announced, and was probably one of the key reasons an audience of solo gamers took the risk of committing to a format they were apprehensive about.

This pain point should be easy to fix, but would bring a lot of satisfaction and faith from many. This is important to many people who love your game. We don't want isolated vignettes in an unconnected world.

Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on 22 September 2020 05:49
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in why the developers did not connect the gate to The Reach. Is there a deliberate reason?

They're pretty good, usually, with making sure there are connections that make sense - its hard to believe they would simply forget.

Maybe they were leery of committing to a place on The Reach map that would make sense?

Although the unconnected gate in Mournoth is the biggest oversight, its also weird that there's no connection to Dragonstar - a village settled by Nords (who must have come from somewhere), governed by the Dragonstar Trading Company, right on the nexus between Evermoor, Markarth/Solitude, and the rest of the world. It would be very easy to put a road running from somewhere near Dead Crone Rock (SW corner of the map) to go past Dragonstar Arena.

ZOS, Tamriel has always been the main character of the franchise. One of ESO's major attractions is the possibility of exploring the world in depth, and seeing how it all fits together. One thing that the promise of "all of Tamriel" offers that the SPTs never could is the possibility to travel across the entire land, from one side to the other, exploring the similarities and differences of the land we love as we go. People have been excited for this prospect since the day the project was announced, and was probably one of the key reasons an audience of solo gamers took the risk of committing to a format they were apprehensive about.

This pain point should be easy to fix, but would bring a lot of satisfaction and faith from many. This is important to many people who love your game. We don't want isolated vignettes in an unconnected world.

Very much agree with this!, please zos, fix it!
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm slad to know there's only like 1 city in the reach, i was hoping for some more from Skyrim, like Rorikstead for example.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Reach Gate please, and Veya hair while you're at it!
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that is immersion breaking, try going to western skyrim and going to the south west. There is a wooden gate blocking off the entrance to the reach. It makes no sense.
    There is also a secret passage to blackreach in eastmarch for some random reason.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    i'm slad to know there's only like 1 city in the reach, i was hoping for some more from Skyrim, like Rorikstead for example.

They have a pretty stable release cadence now - 1 large chapter mid-year, and one small zone for q4. The Reach, with 1 major base city fits the pattern exactly. Rorikstead would be cool, though; I agree. It was traditionally part of Whiterun Hold, however. Maybe we'll see it in the future.
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    You think that is immersion breaking, try going to western skyrim and going to the south west. There is a wooden gate blocking off the entrance to the reach. It makes no sense.

Yeah, I feel ya - but I guess they're in a difficult spot with the problem of how to wall off zones from one another. I had guessed that maybe they would do something ballsy like they did with Craglorn - releasing the zone in two parts, initially walled off, but eventually making it one zone. As for making sense of the wooden gate blocking off The Reach, I guess the Reachmen were keen to wall off the major route into their hold - Nords are known for their designs on Reach lands, and Reachmen aren't known for their engineering prowess!
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on 22 September 2020 12:41
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad this thread exists. First thing I did after hopping onto PTS was port to Evermore, then travel to the Reach gate in Bangkorai, and when I couldn't interact with it, my heart sank. The Reach needs to connect to Bangkorai, we need the interactivity of each bordering zone for this game to really feel like a "go anywhere, do anything" type of game that was promoted with One Tamriel. I would also hope that the Reach could be connected to Craglorn, the more connectivity the better I say. What better way to connect Skyrim, High Rock and Hammerfell all at once than traversing through the Reach?

Couldn't have put it better myself. Naturally I don't expect ZOS to prioritise releasing content which are always located next to base game zones, its their decision as to where they want to go next. If they decide to release a new zone far away from anything in the base game, that's absolutely fine. I would expect them to show that little extra attention to detail, and allow the zones that border each other to be connected either via a gate, or a road, or something. We don't even need to have the areas matching 1:1 like with Stonefalls and the Rift, sometimes gates that shows vastly different landscapes on each side is all that's needed. They did it with Northern Elsweyr, I can't figure out the reason for this design choice for the Reach.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree it is a tad bit annoying you make crossing into 'The Reach' only acessible through 'Western Skyrim' yet there is a path that obviously heads to 'The Reach' from 'Bangkorai' and if you look at the conjoining regions there is a path that seems to head to Craglorn, but you head to the end of the road in 'The Reach' its completely gated up, the question is why even have a path that dead ends for no reason?

hwix02lbljzg.png

I would guess that path is for a future Whiterun zone to connect up to the Reach. Problem is, if they ever get around to doing Whiterun, are they going to remember to link up the two zones at all? Clearly Bangkorai has a gate intended for the Reach, yet they didn't feel the need to connect the two up with this DLC
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote]

Couldn't have put it better myself. Naturally I don't expect ZOS to prioritise releasing content which are always located next to base game zones, its their decision as to where they want to go next. If they decide to release a new zone far away from anything in the base game, that's absolutely fine. I would expect them to show that little extra attention to detail, and allow the zones that border each other to be connected either via a gate, or a road, or something. We don't even need to have the areas matching 1:1 like with Stonefalls and the Rift, sometimes gates that shows vastly different landscapes on each side is all that's needed. They did it with Northern Elsweyr, I can't figure out the reason for this design choice for the Reach.[/quote]

Yes!

I have been talking with people, it can be a mountain pass, perhaps! We a gate/door in the mountains of the reach. That would be good enough, honestly! as you said, some zones already have this where the vestige travels a little "offscreen" through the borders.