Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Should Have an Increased Drop-Rate?

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Lockpicks

you need lockpicks???

i have a couple thousand of them....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs
    The only one I vote for are Master Writs. I know it is supposed to be grind, but after more than a week of not getting any to speak of, and when I do get one it's for 2 to 5 Vouchers, the best one being 17 (and I mean one for 17) I have stopped doing crafting writs as they are a waste of Mats. My Gold Temper drop rate was pretty abysmal for the writs too, but that is RNG hating on me extra hard.
    Edited by Nestor on 19 March 2017 22:19
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Upgrades (e.g. Rosin)
    The RNG needs to be less random frankly.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    All of them... ?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Roe
    Pitch, perfect roe, gold tempering stuff
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotomaior wrote: »
    Motifs in gold coast have a really bad drop rate imo

They have nothing on the draugr motif drops. There's 3 guild dailies that can drop this and I do all 3 daily on 4 characters...in a few months of doing this I got 2 motifs.

I've refined 1000s of mats and still don't have enough temps to upgrade 1 character to full gold gear.

RNG sucks
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My three are Heartwood, Nirncrux and Draugr motifs. Yes these sort of things should be rare, but not that bloody rare.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Sharpened weapons. At least until they decide to rework the other traits.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Ladislao wrote: »
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Items with good traits. Sharpened weapons are BiS for just about every build, yet the trait pool is watered down with so many traits that aren't even comparable.

If it is BiS for you, it does not mean that it is BiS for everyone else. There are a lot of people and builds that need any other trait. And you just want to complicate their lives. What a racism.

Yes it actually does. Sharpened is bis for literally everything since the traits are all so bad. There are minor exceptions, like powered for healers. But the 8.1% increase in dmg from sharpened blows everything else sofar out of the water that it leaves little room for argument.

I'm not saying tou need them to complete thus game's content. My stam templar was parsing 36k solo buffs without sharp vma weapons. You can definitely live without them. But looking at raw data they are definitely BiS. Farming for sharp weapons has definitely been hurting endgame pve and I can't see casual pve wanting that level of trouble.

Maybe instead of increasing the drop rate maybe remove bop altogether. I'm sure casual joe who picks up a sharp inferno bsw staff and doesn;t care about bis meta would happily sell the staff for some housing money.

I miss when gear farms were profitable >.<
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on 20 March 2017 01:58
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    The golden :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs
    I've gotten one master writ in 3 months .
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are furnishing materials even close on the poll to gold upgrades? Would some people actually prefer decorating useless pixels instead of actually playing the game?
    Edited by Firerock2 on 20 March 2017 01:48
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Useful weapons at the end of trials (no f*****g Lightning Staff of Alkosh or Restoration Staff of Lunar Bastion or Moondancer Maul, etc...)
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs
    Ladislao wrote: »
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Items with good traits. Sharpened weapons are BiS for just about every build, yet the trait pool is watered down with so many traits that aren't even comparable.

If it is BiS for you, it does not mean that it is BiS for everyone else. There are a lot of people and builds that need any other trait. And you just want to complicate their lives. What a racism.

Prosperous is good for no build. Charged is bad for dual wield vma. Some traits have no business being on end game gear.

Find me anyone who wants a prosperous or training BSW inferno over a sharpened one.

When the difference in the traits are as big as they are only a few traits are worth it. You would be losing to much to use a trait besides divines, impen, or study/ infused (in certain situations). The rest are a loss. As far as weapons it is mostly sharpened or nothing. Sure you could get by with precise on certain builds. But things like infused, prosperous, training, charged , etc on end game weapons make them so far below their sharpened counterpart.

Most are there to prolong the grind. Trials and dungeons need a refined loot table that is different from the rest. Nobody wants a powered vma weapon that's not a resto.

Increase sharpened/ divines / impen drop chance!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Literally all the above could use a increased drop rate.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnroot is missing from the poll.

That has been my bottleneck lately.

Easy enough to obtain. Manage to find at least 20 per day.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Keillieai15
    Keillieai15
    ✭✭
    Furnishing Materials (e.g. Bast)
    Heartwood
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Drop rates are fine. Scarcity is what causes value, and makes me alot of gold tbh...
    Edited by jlboozer on 20 March 2017 03:39
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs
    Motif drop rates are just stupid-low.

But I want to vote for Nirncrux as well, because doubling the drop rate doesn't even come close to making up for losing the ability to do Craglorn writs for surveys. In fact, I have not looted a single Potent Nirncrux since One Tamriel came out. That is not an okay drop rate.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Trophies!
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on 20 March 2017 03:46
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    None . What should be done is reducing the drop rate of crap . Like Ornate set items . Prosperious Undaunted shoulders . Inferno Staves of Alkosh . Bow of Twilight Remedy . Do I need to count more ?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali Damn bruh. How many vouchers was it?
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on 20 March 2017 06:05
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    Weapons with Sharpened trait. Especially staves.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    vMA inferno staff in sharpened or vMA lighting staff in sharpened. Actually, also BSW sharpened staff and sharpened moondancer swords. I vote that all weapons should have a 50% chance to drop in sharpened and the other 50% to drop in other traits.

Everyone kewl?
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons with Sharpened trait. Especially staves.

So what happens if sharpened is 1 day rendered less effective, and a new trait comes along to be best-in-slot. Say precise for an example. Meanwhile weapons are dropping primarily in sharpened. See the flaw with that?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali Damn bruh. How many vouchers was it?

I do two every day . Provisoning and Alchemy .
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA sharpened inferno staff.....

YAAAAASSSSSS QUEEEENNN!!!!!!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    None. I think the rates are fine right now, the pain point is generally on traits on gear rather than getting the gear itself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please Explain)
    None. Rarity means exactly what it means. Period.
  • dragonsparker
    dragonsparker
    Soul Shriven
    Other (Please Explain)
    None. The gold drop rate is fine and traders are everywhere people.