The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Botters and Mudcrabs and You

StackonClown
StackonClown
✭✭✭✭✭
Zeni pls! - dafq is dis ?

Has anyone reported botting lately?

Well I have! - at the Drowned Coast Dolmen, in Greenshade

There are some pretty sophisticated botters who are doing a mudcrab 'lap' around this small island and have cleverly studied all the crab spawn spots and have been going for WEEKS!
I reported this botting 3 or 4 times, but WHY BOTHER - THEY ARE STILL THERE!!!

Zeni PLS - DO SOMETHING!

Just to have some fun, I aggroed the Dolmen and kite-ed some of the mobs onto the botters and they died - but guess what ?? they respawned and swam back to the island!!!

Enough is enough - ZENI PLS FIX :smile: !!
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, there are lots of spots with bot trains farming crabs etc. that have remained for weeks despite reports.

Haven't seen as many trains around the zones, since launch! :/
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    There's a really bad bot train south of the gil-var-delle in grahtwood farming crabs too :/ (PC/Na)
    Edited by Rajajshka on 5 February 2017 04:32
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS cares. Nothing is being done and they are everywhere.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeop heaps of spots now have up to 8 bots in a train. I gave up because I see them there after 5 days of constant reporting
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes 119,000 mud crabs to reach level 50.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a train of like 25 people following each other with weird names like **A, **B, **A, **B, etc, in Rikendulf the Osirium pub dungeon lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember ZOS publishing a stat like that at PC launch. Is that where you got that from? If so, I wonder if all of the changes to the game since then have altered that number at all...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I remember ZOS publishing a stat like that at PC launch. Is that where you got that from? If so, I wonder if all of the changes to the game since then have altered that number at all...

Yeah :)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've reported the greenshade bots (pc na?) multiple times as well.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of farming mud crabs
  • KATObloodpaw
    KATObloodpaw
    ✭✭✭
    not to mention the bots at the dolmens in Alikr. I report them all the time. After a while it becomes too tedious and I find it to be a waste of playtime. My question is how can Zos even keep up with the numbers of bots? Is there an actual solution for this? Reporting and banning seems to be futile.
    GT:Shock Value1134
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    What is the point of farming mud crabs

G-G-Gold!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been killing mud crabs in a couple of zones. Trying to finish off the chitinous creatures achievement. One night during my ventures around Rivenspire, during the last week, a person was talking about bots in the zone. Here I was killing a few crabs and another player was watching me from a distance. Wonders if I got reported.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    I've been killing mud crabs in a couple of zones. Trying to finish off the chitinous creatures achievement. One night during my ventures around Rivenspire, during the last week, a person was talking about bots in the zone. Here I was killing a few crabs and another player was watching me from a distance. Wonders if I got reported.

Im very careful before reporting botting - I watch for 5 or 10 minutes - they run a perfect route, never talk back - dont worry you wont get reported since you are not a bot!

Most of us can spot bots a mile away by now :)
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love how people call mindless farming, botting.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do to get rid of 90%* of the botting in the game, is add some code that says, if a player is over level 10, a Magic Templar and still in the Coldharbour Prison Soulshriven outfit, send a message to a GM to go check what they are up to. :D

*Statistic courtesy of the " Pulled out of my arse statistics Bureau"
  • Reikyce
    Reikyce
    In a game where every move is recorded they could make sure not 1 bot is running.... if they cared enough about it to do it.

However policing bots takes money that they would rather keep in profits... plus the bots only hurt the players and economy of the game by reducing prices so people have even less gold and might have to buy houses with Crowns.

All that is a win-win for them...

So until the bots are like at launch when they took over the game, ZOS is most likely ok with them and dedicating few or zero resources to this.

So keep playing and make sure you are as excited as they are about this exciting update that is giving you the chance to buy some exciting houses with exciting furniture at an exciting price yey excitement.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You farm mud crabs for hides.

A botter can get 15,000 hides in 24 hours of farming.

I don't farm mud crabs (I get my hides from a different creature), but that location has botters as well. However, I haven't seen them since I reported them, so maybe ZOS took action (although I don't farm hides much anymore so maybe I didn't run into them when I checked).

Pretty much any hide farming location will have bots.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 6 February 2017 01:53
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are a nice, easy way to fill soul gems.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that what they are doing? Filling soul gems? I can't see the reason to kill mudcrabs. Hides? Do people actually want hides?
    Edited by Elsonso on 6 February 2017 02:45
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea. It's the reason why I kill mudcrabs though.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is that what they are doing? Filling soul gems? I can't see the reason to kill mudcrabs. Hides? Do people actually want hides?

Rubedo leather drops from crabs as well.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    All they need to do to get rid of 90%* of the botting in the game, is add some code that says, if a player is over level 10, a Magic Templar and still in the Coldharbour Prison Soulshriven outfit, send a message to a GM to go check what they are up to. :D

*Statistic courtesy of the " Pulled out of my arse statistics Bureau"

Where's the LOL button when you need it?
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think I saw a bot train in Grahtwood while working on my fishing somewhere south of Gil-Var-Delle. My SO and I were there, trying to catch a shark. Suddenly this group of four or five came through, viciously attacking mudcrabs and moving straight along to fight more. This went on a while without pause, and then they came back. Seemed a bit silly to me, but hey, hide scraps. It's not like I haven't spent time hunting just to stockpile hide, and mudcrabs are easy kills.

When we returned to the fishing spot the next day, the same group ran by almost immediately. Same names, same gear, same path, same determination to destroy every crustacean in sight.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mudcrabs drop mats at your level/skill, sometimes gear (white for decon) at your level, mudcrab chitin and so on.
    They respawn quick and die quick and are easy to find.

they are one of the better overland "grinds" other than dedicated spots which often get overrun.

if you are out for a half hour or hour of grinding/grabbing, a good beach with crabs and some nodes (and if you know what you are doing a chest off the beach) will do the trick.

bots, meh?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, as we've mentioned in other threads, we encourage you to report bots if you see them. If you're unsure how to report bots, here are some tips from our Support Knowledgebase:
    PC / Mac players can easily right-click on a player character name in their chat window and choose the “Report Player” option.

They can then press [E] to report a player for chat spam, including spamming gold sales advertisements. This will automatically send a report and does not require players to open and fill out a ticket. Press [R] to report another player for something unrelated to spam. Choosing this option opens the ticket creation page.

Console players should navigate to the Player Menu ([Menu] on Xbox One or [Options]) on PlayStation 4 and find the Help Menu. From there, they should select the Customer Service Menu and proceed to fill out a ticket under the appropriate category type.

Please provide the following information:
    • The name of the player who is being reported
    • The reason why they are being reported (Spam, Botting, or Harassment)
    • The time of the incident
    • The megaserver the reported player is plaing on

Botting is something we permanently ban for, and we issue those bans very frequently. If you see botters in the same spots every day, it still helps to report them. Botters are tenacious and apt to revisit the same areas to farm only on new accounts. Though we cannot provide details about disciplinary actions taken on another player's account, rest assured that our bot-banning task force is on it.

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, as we've mentioned in other threads, we encourage you to report bots if you see them. If you're unsure how to report bots, here are some tips from our Support Knowledgebase:
    PC / Mac players can easily right-click on a player character name in their chat window and choose the “Report Player” option.

They can then press [E] to report a player for chat spam, including spamming gold sales advertisements. This will automatically send a report and does not require players to open and fill out a ticket. Press [R] to report another player for something unrelated to spam. Choosing this option opens the ticket creation page.

Console players should navigate to the Player Menu ([Menu] on Xbox One or [Options]) on PlayStation 4 and find the Help Menu. From there, they should select the Customer Service Menu and proceed to fill out a ticket under the appropriate category type.

Botting is something we permanently ban for, and we issue those bans very frequently. If you see botters in the same spots every day, it still helps to report them. Botters are tenacious and apt to revisit the same areas to farm only on new accounts. Though we cannot provide details about disciplinary actions taken on another player's account, rest assured that our bot-banning task force is on it.

Thank you!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the reply.. But I need to ask, why is it left to us to constantly need to report these issues? I can't be part of some 'player-based botting reporting taskforce'.

Can I ask that you as the Developer do more in this area? Can you yourselves not improve how you monitor for these bots? See how they operate and develop some ways to counter it? Your team may need to start logging in more often and seeing this happening in-game. If necessary, *hire* more people to be a 'botting detection taskforce'... It doesn't need to be the players.

I bought Elder Scrolls on PC and PS4, and continue to buy crowns and sub to ESO+ to play the game - not to report botting, exploiting etc...

Many Thanks
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    Why would bots kill mudcrabs? What do they get?
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the reply.. But I need to ask, why is it left to us to constantly need to report these issues? I can't be part of some 'player-based botting reporting taskforce'.

Can I ask that you as the Developer do more in this area? Can you yourselves not improve how you monitor for these bots? See how they operate and develop some ways to counter it? Your team may need to start logging in more often and seeing this happening in-game. If necessary, *hire* more people to be a 'botting detection taskforce'... It doesn't need to be the players.

I bought Elder Scrolls on PC and PS4, and continue to buy crowns and sub to ESO+ to play the game - not to report botting, exploiting etc...

Many Thanks

It's called community policing. It's impossible to fund entire teams of GM's to monitor every zone 24 hours a day to capture these. So they rely on the players to police their own game. Even in criminal justice they teach you about community policing.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would bots kill mudcrabs? What do they get?

Kill mudcrab =

drop mats - hide i think
    drop mats - mudcrab chitin
    drops of random gear
    some XP

mudcrabs have quick repsawn in same spot = perfect botting train target