The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If Cross platform play were avalible

Balamoor
Balamoor
✭✭✭✭✭
So I thought I would post something that hasn't made the rounds in awhile , earlier last year Microsoft made several statements about being ready for Cross platform play. I was wondering how the community here felt about it? So would you be open to A Cross platform elder scrolls similar to FFXIV? A couple ground rules, refrain from the PC master race nonsense or other derogatory remarks. Be nice, make a logical case one way or the other.
Edited by Balamoor on 4 February 2017 18:04

If Cross platform play were avalible 242 votes

Yes Cross platform would be great!
36%
IcyDeadPeopleKalfisSirAndyHawkeyeCeltic_WolfSolarikenGilvothBigBraggVurian97Remag_DivIruil_ESODanikatLark82themdogesbiteJitterbugNic727guulclocksstoppeBlazedontfalcasternub18_ESO 89 votes
No terrible idea, I like things the way they are.
35%
Tabbycatvailjohn_ESOk9mouseNewBlacksmurfXundiinCpt_Teemowenchmore420b14_ESOfreespiritkwisatzSaturnTRoclodyteM0bifwr.phoenixub17_ESOAbeilleidkInig0Simzaniralvdlindenpeb18_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOAzraelKrieg 87 votes
Depends on how it's implemented
23%
darbiirueElder_MartinMojmirAcrolasCapnPhotonSigtricBirdovicVriendaNeillMcAttackTonnopesceMaster_Fluffthomas1970b16_ESOAurielleCalculated_RiskStillianThestephenmcraeub17_ESOHatchetHarojircris11MornaBaineBeaveri 58 votes
Don't care either way.
3%
DrasntechnohicAkrasjelLuminaLillyMiss_MorphineDasovaruilosTaylor_MBmoonpawc 8 votes
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I understand it, Microsoft is open to cross platform because they own Windows, but Sony is not. So if PS4 is left out, then I don't think its gonna happen.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since One Tamriel merged all three factions into the same instance cases of Lag and Crashes have risen due to the higher volume of players clumped together. If you add in all the PC players into that, the game would be a nightmare.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of add-ons, and I'll be on board.
  • MissFairy
    MissFairy
    ✭✭
    I would love to be able to do quests etc with my friend who owns a ps4.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short I think if a whole lot were changed I'd be open to it but it's a lot such as(to name a few):

-Unified UI
    -first party add-on for UI
    -Unified setting options (all platforms)
    -Gamepad+keyboard/mouse on the same UI (all platforms)
    -Voicechat (all platforms unified)
    -one account but unified server access (my players could access Xbox NA/EU, PC NA/EU, PS4 NA/EU but it's all the same characters)
    -DLC and crown purchases unified (no server or platform separation)

*id even be willing to pay $20 more dollars to access each platform (one time charge)

-unified dlc and expansion release dates and patch updates (this is a must)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be open to the idea before One Tamriel.

Now, the last thing I need is more people in the same place.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console cross play? Sure, if they can get sony and microsoft on board.

But Pc-console? No
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My vote is this way because of PS4. First because of the Share Play option, legal account sharing 1hr at a time. Second is crown sales Playstation Store offers more crown sales than any other platform receives, granted sometimes it may only be EU and other times it may only be NA Store that offers it but still more... and I am salty.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it mainly for selfish reasons - it would enable me and my husband to play together. We have a PC and a PS4 but no space for a 2nd desktop and can't really justify the cost of a gaming laptop for 1 game. If cross platform play was possible we could play together without having to buy a new machine.

I think it would also be nice in general to enable anyone to play with anyone instead of only 1 6th of the playerbase (since we're also split by region).

There are a lot of issues that would need to be resolved though. On PC text chat is predominant with voice chat only used for small groups like dungeons and trials, and only via 3rd party programs. Would it have to be integrated into the game and if so would everyone have to use it if cross-platform existed?

Would addons be an issue? Obviously they only affect your client, but I could see some people considering it an unfair advantage one way or the other. (Advantage for PC being you can customise the UI, advantage for consoles being many 3rd party improvements were integrated into the game so everyone has them instead of only people with that addon installed.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would just destroy their servers and game performance.

One tamriel showed us the game is barely capable of having the amount of people at one location as is.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking I should have added the option of

"Only if they get the lag fixed"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gl with that, I bet every single person on PC uses addons lol
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern would be the technical issues that could arise, quite apart from Sony's unwillingness to allow it. Although I don't PvP, I don't see how it work for that because of the issue of addons not being available on console. I think it's a complete non-starter, not least because the few people who would want it simply don't justify the time and expense involved in setting it up and maintaining it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    I'm thinking I should have added the option of

"Only if they get the lag fixed"

But it's far from being an issue of lag.
    It's more importantly the issue of being able to interact seemlessly and so far, only windows10 games with Xbox one support offer it

That means the pc version would have to be a win10 game AND that potentially cuts out Steam and PS4

Either way if it were to happen, everyone wouldn't be able to play on NA or EU

It would have to be a choice as such

1. Win10/Xbox NA
    2. Win10/Xbox EU
    3. PC/Steam NA
    4. PC/Steam EU
    5. PC/PS4 NA
    6. PC/PS4 EU

Possible PS4 and Xbox only servers as well
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own a pretty decent gaming PC for a reason. If I wanted to be held back by the limitations of a console, I would and play on that.
    I don't want to get rid of the add ons I use. I don't want to have to wait for every patch to get approved before it can be implemented.
    And No, this isn't a statement of PC master racism. I own a console and play games on it.
    Edited by Nyghthowler on 4 February 2017 18:59
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that's exactly why I'm against is. Would be unfair to allow some players to have add-ons and other not .. and I like my add-ons.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own a pretty decent gaming PC for a reason. If I wanted to be held back by the limitations of a console, I would and play on that.
    I don't want to get rid of the add ons I use. I don't want to have to wait for every patch to get approved before it can be implemented.
    And No, this isn't a statement of PC master racism. I own a console and play games on it.

No very logical reason, thanks for posting.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfamiliar with this,isn't final Fantasy the only game to achieve this? Sounds like it would be more issues in this game.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would just destroy their servers and game performance.

One tamriel showed us the game is barely capable of having the amount of people at one location as is.
    Server uses instancing so number of people at one location is limited by this and more players would simply give more instances. Its probably larger areas so Rawl'kwa is an mess as most of players in reapers march is in an inside an tiny town.

More of an problem is chat, pc players except others to respond to chat, yes you could use voice in dungeon groups but lots of stuff like invites goes over chat.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

And that's exactly why I'm against is. Would be unfair to allow some players to have add-ons and other not .. and I like my add-ons.

This too. There is no way I can live without at least my Awesome Guild Store addon, not with the abysmal guild kiosk interface.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc players will have advanage in everything such as latency, performance, situation awareness, dps, heals, debuffs tracking and moreeeee
    PC EU

• g00gleyes
    g00gleyes
    if somehow the lag was accounted for, there is still the fact that pc players are at an advantage when it comes to gaming. the mouse is infinitely more precise, we have tons more keybinds available, and the pc is just monstrously more powerful. it could work, maybe, possibly.
    btw this is a great thread.
    Edited by g00gleyes on 4 February 2017 19:52
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Ever since One Tamriel merged all three factions into the same instance cases of Lag and Crashes have risen due to the higher volume of players clumped together. If you add in all the PC players into that, the game would be a nightmare.

That's an issue of you running this game on a toaster (console), not ZOS's issue.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

That's an issue of you running this game on a toaster (console), not ZOS's issue.

Although true to an extent, I'm running an i7 with a 1070 gpu,issues still arise. The servers are not capable of handling things now.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    Pc players will have advanage in everything such as latency, performance, situation awareness, dps, heals, debuffs tracking and moreeeee

I do think that if Square Enix can address issues like that ZoS can as well.
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People using controllers and no add-ons wouldn't be able to keep up with the mouse/keyboard+addons club.

Then they'd be all sad and there'd be oceans of big, fat tears everywhere.

-EVERYWHERE-

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more the better!

At launch there were enough players to support several simultaneous PVP campaigns, and it was lots of fun - many small and large battles all over the map, 24/7.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chadak wrote: »
    People using controllers and no add-ons wouldn't be able to keep up with the mouse/keyboard+addons club.

Then they'd be all sad and there'd be oceans of big, fat tears everywhere.

-EVERYWHERE-

There is either a Haiku or a Beat poem in this not sure which :-P
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consoles, doubtful. They would never get the two to agree.
    Xbox and PC maybe, as they are similar technology anyway. It may be possible as Fable legends was going to be cross platform before it was cancelled. However, the question remains, is it what people want. I am not so sure.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion