Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for these patch notes Gina!

I appreciate how the PvPers complained and you did your very best to help fix it!

By nerfing PvE to the ground.

I think it's time to hire a new game balancer.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if magickasteal debuff/buff will be based on a simple flat value or on a flat value per enemy similar to magicka orbs. If it's 400 return no matter what from any and all sources then RIP magicka raids in PvE.

If it's 400 return per enemy then templars are going to be de facto healers for all content and sustain will be only harder on bosses.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for these patch notes Gina!

I appreciate how the PvPers complained and you did your very best to help fix it!

By nerfing PvE to the ground.

I think it's time to hire a new game balancer.

The time for that came a while ago.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    you really called it A BALANCE... OMG reallly omg....

Velocious Curse (Daedric Curse morph):

Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
    This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.
    and pls somebody explain this...

if it is nerf or something FY ZOS and i guess it is really stupid thing... LEAVE IT how it WASSSS NONONONO leave all HOW IT WAS REALLY... DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU

and what the hell u make sorcerer all nacromencer!!!???

DAMN always same dissapointment... i waited 14 hours for this *** so called BALANCEEE... u just buffed MAG DK damn you ZOS AGAIN

It's a big DPS nerf for sorcs. Instead of being able to apply curse explosions every 3.5 seconds, you can only do it every 6 seconds.

But... you get a free curse explosion at 12 seconds. I assume you can only stack one 'secret surprise haunted curse' at a time. Otherwise we'd just stack the *** out of it.

So, dual wield builds are horked, because they depend on that curse/empower/frag combo. But at least you can perma block-cast with an ice staff equipped now. And atronach will still be a complete joke because you can just CC it.

Overall impression: Nerf to magsorc (again). Small buff to MagDK.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
     Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
     This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.

DUMB

• Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.

DUMB, and actually a very significant nerf to Templars.

Elemental Storm:
    • Reduced the damage for this ability and its morphs by 5%.

LOL They’ve completely lost their minds.

• Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    +
    • Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.

Hahahaha

• Black Rose: This item set’s 4-piece bonus now grants Maximum Magicka instead of Maximum Stamina.

DUMB

I'm okay with all of that.

Blazing spear was allways a dot anyway.

Used for the stun, in most PvP situations.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Czirne wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(

Exactly - without dwemer spheres little dead body playing templar is pointless. It was all i ever cared about - repenting that little robot. RIP templars.
    Edited by Czirne on 3 January 2017 22:45
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can only hope there'll be some item set rebalances over the course of this month to compensate for the proc set nerf

also holy god the price of those homes
    Edited by Browiseth on 3 January 2017 23:00
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun on blazing spear makes no sense. Was that CC a problem?

I think the chains major expedition buff is really interesting, but I still think that it's so weird to attach a motility buff to a gap closer. Typically, we want mobility to get away from things and a gap closer to... close the gap to things. Why attach the ability to escape to an ability to get close?

The change to coagulating blood is profoundly odd. Now we've made our healing independent of the urgency of the heal? Just for example, if I were to have a 40k magicka pool and I were down to my last cast of coagulating blood I'd only have an approximiately (doing some pretty round numbers off the cuff) 6k heal (but now it can crit). That doesn't strike me as overwhelming. It just means that coagulating blood is only useful in a situation where you are both incredibly low on resources - about to die due to low magicka. Often when you're desperate for a burst heal you want to be in a recoverable position, but this means that in order to burst heal you've got to have nothing left in the tank with which you can follow up.

The lava whip changes make sense, but it seems like it would be best applicable to changing the damage assigned to power flash synergy. It's not like PvE magDKs are hurting for DPS, so no need to increase that damage. It's the magDK in a PvP context that has the most need/want for a mild damage increase. And on the topic of damage changes, I do not understand the changes to the damage of standard of might.

I absolutely don't understand the cost increase on a magNB spammable.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused...
    Ancient Knowledge: This passive ability no longer decreases the cast time of your Destruction Staff Heavy Attacks by 5/10%. Instead, it grants you a bonus as long as you have one Destruction Staff ability slotted. This bonus depends on your staff type:
    Flame Staves: Increases your single-target damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%.
    Lightning Staves: Increases your Area of Effect damage dealt by 4/8%.

So does the buff only apply to the ability you use that staff for, or does it change depending on what bar you have up (having 1 fire staff and 1 lightning) and buff ALL sources of damage of that type?

So lost.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change to frost staff is about to break magic builds in pvp

Tri Focus:
    This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.
    This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped.
    Ancient Knowledge: This passive ability no longer decreases the cast time of your Destruction Staff Heavy Attacks by 5/10%. Instead, it grants you a bonus as long as you have one Destruction Staff ability slotted. This bonus depends on your staff type:
    Flame Staves: Increases your single-target damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%.
    Lightning Staves: Increases your Area of Effect damage dealt by 4/8%.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    [*]Weapon swapping now automatically unsheathes your weapons before performing the swap.
    Unless you're riding your mount at the time, I hope?

I'd hate to think that a quick bar-swap to fire off rapid maneuver while riding would result in an involuntary dismount...
    PS4NA
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GET IN MY HOUSE!! Sustain FTW!
    Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.
    Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now increases the radius of the Minor Magickasteal to 25/26/27/28 meters.

----

They didn't! Heavy armour here I come!
    Black Rose: This item set’s 4-piece bonus now grants Maximum Magicka instead of Maximum Stamina.

----

Lots of great changes but I feel the maxi-crit players are hurting right now, so many critical damage nerfs! :)
    Edited by James-Wayne on 3 January 2017 22:48
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that the curse only explode every 6 seconds why not increase the limit of curses we can cast?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that tremorscale and overstacking procs are staying, while magicka sorcs and nightblades get nerfed some more. GG WP team
    Edited by covenant_merchant on 3 January 2017 22:48
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of new craft mats..... are you suspiciously want us to sub because there is no other way to manage our inventory? :p
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • MattSpartan29
    MattSpartan29
    Soul Shriven
    Whip for the DK didn't need a buff, it was fine. Dragon scales needed fixed, and what kind of change to dragonblood is that? You're telling me i need to have terrible resource management to get a reliable heal? That's like saying burning embers is our survivablity. You either wait 8s or recast on a target thats already moved or dodged your second hit.

I didn't think the "magicka vigor" route was gonna work but at this point i'd rather have that. Terrible change to dragonblood.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems like you don't want the Templar class to exist or be a worthy healer.

What gives and now you're taking away dps and execute DMg too
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(

Exactly - without dwemer spheres little dead body playing templar is pointless. It was all i ever cared about - repenting that little robot. RIP templars.

Mines name was Kevin....RIP Kevin, I will no longer be repenting you : * (

Edited by Shimmer on 3 January 2017 22:50
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • JwhyBee
    JwhyBee
    Why can't they just make the crit chance change in PVP only just like they give you a health buff in PVP.
    A lot of the end game content is hard enough the way it is and now its going to be even harder.
    Sustain is going to be interesting.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is too much info to understand it after reading it once. They must have taken ages to write and clearly Zos have been busy.

In summary, a few of the abilities people asked to be nerfed got nerfed (radiant oppression and huricane). Mostly its wierd changes that seem small but may have some impact (e.g. snipe is the first bow skill now).

The changes to ice staff (now proper magic tanking) and dragon knight (previously the tank class) are the most interesting. I am theory-crafting a tank that really can heal... and it's not going to be a DK.

Oh and there is something about buying a tittle through the crown store (because I don't believe anyone could get the achievements without paying crowns for houses).

As houses are account to wide, will the achievements for owning houses be account wide? @ZOS_GinaBruno does this mean titles like 'count' and 'lord' are going to be account wide?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ling wrote: »
    im really disappointed ... magnb will be now more useless than its is atm for pve AND pvp!!! :(

Our mNBs are dishing out 44K+ single target in vMOL HM

mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing in these notes that will even remotely help or affect Stamina Templars other than in an indirect negative way...
    Edited by Zinaroth on 3 January 2017 22:59
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a few jaw dropping moments from reading the patch notes. Now I'm seriously laughing. Incredulous! lol
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if the devs are playing the same game I am.
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    I just want to play and be myself in my house living the dream as the Elder Scrolls said
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tested it yet and I might be wrong here, but after reading the balance changes I'm very disappointed to be honest :(
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vendy
    Vendy
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god they nerfed strife, that skill was way overpowered and needed the nerf bad hard. Maybe now we will finally have balance!

/s
    Edited by Vendy on 3 January 2017 22:57
    Implosìon | Pact Stamina Sorcerer
    'Vendy | Pact Magicka Templar
    Vendÿ | Dominion Stamina Templar
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

But it means it's not affected by battle spirit at all. so that is some help, right? @DKsUnite
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there no dark and sinister cave home similar to the Dark Brotherhood cave in Gold Coast? This is really severely disappointing =(
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    you really called it A BALANCE... OMG reallly omg....

Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
    This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.
    and pls somebody explain this...

if it is nerf or something FY ZOS and i guess it is really stupid thing... LEAVE IT how it WASSSS NONONONO leave all HOW IT WAS REALLY... DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU

and what the hell u make sorcerer all nacromencer!!!???

DAMN always same dissapointment... i waited 14 hours for this *** so called BALANCEEE... u just buffed MAG DK damn you ZOS AGAIN

ZOS you've literally destroyed this guys soul, he is so defeated.
    The Age of Wrobel.