The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rich Lambert, I'm calling you out...

• Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is awesome :-)

Rich you said you like the dwemmer settings. Would you ever be interested in a forgotten dwemmer zone? Not a dungeon exactly but a long lost area/city maybe underground as most dwemmer ruins are underground that the current inhabitants of Tamriel found and a group decided to take advantage of. Almost like an Atlantis section that is lost to lore but maybe explains or shows more of the dwemmer origins thus heavily lore related.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Hey rich. When ya gonna fix your busted game?

You know you don't have to be here right?

Is that an appropriate answer to a customer that is getting less than what was advertised? Just because you changed the verbiage for the Alliance War marketing doesn't mean that players didn't save it. The phrase "Supports hundreds of players on screen at once" must haunt you frequently.
    Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Seize, hold, and control the resources of massive strongholds. Utilize massive siege weapons to crumble fortress walls and smash through fortified gates. Conquer the Imperial City, and your alliance’s top player could even be crowned Emperor!
    Edited by TheValkyn on 10 July 2016 18:39
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    Vigarr wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Do you or any other devs gift yourselves items or is there any special dev only items like the Axe of Awesomeness that grants 1 million weapon damage?

It would be funny if the devs could wear the Akatosh armor from the main quest in Cyrodiil and roflstomp everyone. :p

Why would they want to do that - there is nothing more boring than being invincible.

Skyrim has a bit of an exploit there. Friend of mine did it all the time. Basically lets you make gear with godly stats (no god mode needed, just clever use of Alchemy and Enchanting lol)

Slightly off topic but my son managed it and had a sword which was -1.xxxxxxx (lots of numbers) which could take out Parthenax with one hit. Never worked out why it was in minus numbers. .....

Because the high bit is making it negative - if it overflows, it overflows into negative values therefore.

Computers have a finite storage space that applies to everything. At the smallest scale, computers are physical machines and physicals objects are never infinite. So there is a limit to the size of integer / decimal a computer can store. This value is in 99% of end user cases so large they never find out there is a limit, but when that limit is reached, the program gets a little freaky. Maybe the programmers anticipated the Overflow Error and maybe not. If so, the program may crash or reset when the Overflow Error is encountered, but if not the computer carries on with lost information. Basically the number that was supposed to be stored exceeded the memory space allocated so the high bits are truncated and the most significant (leading) bit is used to determine sign. Your son reached a value so high it caused an Overflow Error, and the resulting truncation had a 1 bit at the front, making it negative.

#ProgrammingProblems
    Bh90fvjCUAA0qlu.png

Edit: oh and one more question: Do you guys get to do any voice acting? I mean even for just a one liner?

They mentioned it once on ESO Live...

l0a6a6rdb464.jpg
    This was made while the show was still Live. :)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there is the problem front and center. You would rather tell me to leave the game than to fix it, admit fault, or do anything to fix the many things people playing on Xbox have said are wrong with the game.

[Snip]

"You can leave if you don't like it" a lot of bullies say that. Just saying.

[Edit to remove flaming.]

And you're an example of the toxicity infesting these forums by trying to bring down a purely positive thread with the sole intention of communication between players and dev as a player and not customer and service provider.

All the complaints on this forum about things being broken. Yet no one questions the person in charge of THE ENTIRE GAME.

Take off your fan boy sun glasses and have the nerve to question someone who is in a position to change things instead of falling in line like the rest of them. It's just sad. How can no one ask him questions pertaining to the game being broken?? I'm not saying "fix the lag" I'm asking about specific game breaking problems on Xbox.

But carry on with the grade school questions. I'll see my way out since that's what they want.

^This +1. All these cries about ZOS never responding to posts on the current state of issues of there game and then he finally arrives and we get silly questions and emoticons with the lead developer.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there is the problem front and center. You would rather tell me to leave the game than to fix it, admit fault, or do anything to fix the many things people playing on Xbox have said are wrong with the game.

[Snip]

And you're an example of the toxicity infesting these forums by trying to bring down a purely positive thread with the sole intention of communication between players and dev as a player and not customer and service provider.

[Snip]

Maybe you can just answer all the future issues of the game for them since you are already playing their PR guy.
    Edited by Justice31st on 10 July 2016 20:55
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Just one reason why many Devs usually stay away from Forums.
    Some people just can't differ between business and private matter.

Except Richard Lambert doesn't come onto the forums to answer "business" matter questions. So obviously, after months of silence you are going to have people want their unanswered questions answered by the lead developer. Since he cherry picks Ask Us Anything questions for the ESO live streams. Is this really that hard to understand?
    Edited by Justice31st on 10 July 2016 20:56
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Snip]

All the complaints on this forum about things being broken. Yet no one questions the person in charge of THE ENTIRE GAME.

Take off your fan boy sun glasses and have the nerve to question someone who is in a position to change things instead of falling in line like the rest of them. It's just sad. How can no one ask him questions pertaining to the game being broken?? I'm not saying "fix the lag" I'm asking about specific game breaking problems on Xbox.

But carry on with the grade school questions. I'll see my way out since that's what they want.

^This +1. All these cries about ZOS never responding to posts on the current state of issues of there game and then he finally arrives and we get silly questions and emoticons with the lead developer.

And it's people like you who ruin it for everyone else
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Seriously. we get one thread to get to know these people and you guys have to ruin it.

It's been over 2 years. You had long enough lol.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »

Is that an appropriate answer to a customer that is getting less than what was advertised? Just because you changed the verbiage for the Alliance War marketing doesn't mean that players didn't save it. The phrase "Supports hundreds of players on screen at once" must haunt you frequently.
    Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Seize, hold, and control the resources of massive strongholds. Utilize massive siege weapons to crumble fortress walls and smash through fortified gates. Conquer the Imperial City, and your alliance’s top player could even be crowned Emperor!

^Finally a customer and not a fan boy +1.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

And it is people like you who ruin it for the customers who feel this game has more potential to be great.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Snip]

And it is people like you who ruin it for the customers who feel this game has more potential to be great.

Who are you to tell me I am not one of those customers? I have been playing since launch and I love this game. I just prefer to not portray myself as an *** like you.
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on 10 July 2016 21:10
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

Who are you to tell me I am not one of those customers? I have been playing since launch and I love this game. I just prefer to not portray myself as an ass like you.

No, you are just a shill.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Snip]

Who are you to tell me I am not one of those customers? I have been playing since launch and I love this game. I just prefer to not portray myself as an ass like you.

No, you are just a shill.

Yep you sure got me.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jimmies have been rustled ... !
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've locked this thread because the possibility of civil discussion has passed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.