Maintenance for the week of May 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW anyone from the German community able to give us a translation of what Kai is talking about in the quote below?
    Jeder Server hatte seine vorrangig festen GM und man kannte sich, viele Dinge wurden unkompliziert und ohne Tickets geregelt. Man hatte einfach das Gefühl da ist ein fester Ansprechpartner der sich kümmert, bei Events hilft etc.

    Ist ein GM gegangen warum auch immer gab es schöne Abschiedevents mit Keksen, nicht wahr Herr Sterntaler :smile:

    Naja alles der Kostenreduktion der Managerkasten zum Opfer gefallen und daher entsteht auch heute kaum noch eine Bindung zu den Spielen und die Leute hüpfen von einem Spiel zum anderen wenn der Content durch ist.

    Die schöne alte Zeit der Urgesteine der Onlinespiele kommt einfach nicht wieder. Und damit meine ich jetzt nicht WoW das war schon der Anfang der negativen Entwicklung, sondern Spiele wie Ultima Online und Darkage of Camelot. Da waren Spieler und Supporter noch eine eingeschworene Gemeinschaft, die zusammen durch d-i-c-k und dünn gegangen sind.

    Sowas ist heute nicht mehr möglich und das hat eher weniger mit den Kosten zu tun. Die Möglichkeiten, die wir "damals" als echte Gamemaster* hatten, wird dir heute keine größere Firma mehr anvertrauen. Das hat gute Gründe, ist aber auch sehr schade, denn sowohl die Abwechslung im Spiel als auch die Community an sich haben "damals" sehr davon profitiert.



    *nicht wie die Kundendienst-Mitarbeiter, die heutzutage diesen Namen führen

    I ran it through auto translations and I kind of got a feel for it but didn't want to post misinformation due to bad translation (damn it Google you should be good at this by now!)

    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master race!!!!!!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left a comment about CE on a post on ESO FB page and the Bethesda page. Wonder what'll happen.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left a comment about CE on a post on ESO FB page and the Bethesda page. Wonder what'll happen.

    It will be ignored or deleted.
    I have posted a few tweets before (where moderation can't happen) but generally people just ignore it. The larger population of the game don't care about these kinds of issues as long as they have new content and a reasonably bug free experience.

    Tonight has actually for the first time been a night where I have just wondered if I should just walk away from the game. Sure these issues don't really cripple my ability to play the game but... I don't know.

    I've invested so much money into this game now because I really care for it, but starting just see it as money wasted, I don't think if ZOS even responds to this I will care any more, not unless there is some kind of massive change in the company. Which there won't be.

    Time for sleep here in the UK any way, guess I will check in on this again tomorrow when I get to work and see what's happened over night.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Left a comment about CE on a post on ESO FB page and the Bethesda page. Wonder what'll happen.

    It will be ignored or deleted.
    I have posted a few tweets before (where moderation can't happen) but generally people just ignore it. The larger population of the game don't care about these kinds of issues as long as they have new content and a reasonably bug free experience.

    Tonight has actually for the first time been a night where I have just wondered if I should just walk away from the game. Sure these issues don't really cripple my ability to play the game but... I don't know.

    I've invested so much money into this game now because I really care for it, but starting just see it as money wasted, I don't think if ZOS even responds to this I will care any more, not unless there is some kind of massive change in the company. Which there won't be.

    Time for sleep here in the UK any way, guess I will check in on this again tomorrow when I get to work and see what's happened over night.
    For me it just proves none of them don't have a clue, they probably think because there is no evidence of the so blatantly hacked vma score that it was obtained legitimately. Now I don't really care too much about the person but it puts a huge bad name on ZOS, how can their dungeon design and combat team believe that? You guys also came out and said there will be a leaderboard wipe, you all believed it, then didn't do it.

    This is the part that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. If the player got past investigation free, at least deal with what you are showcasing to your customers.
    #MOREORBS
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Left a comment about CE on a post on ESO FB page and the Bethesda page. Wonder what'll happen.

    It will be ignored or deleted.
    I have posted a few tweets before (where moderation can't happen) but generally people just ignore it. The larger population of the game don't care about these kinds of issues as long as they have new content and a reasonably bug free experience.

    Tonight has actually for the first time been a night where I have just wondered if I should just walk away from the game. Sure these issues don't really cripple my ability to play the game but... I don't know.

    I've invested so much money into this game now because I really care for it, but starting just see it as money wasted, I don't think if ZOS even responds to this I will care any more, not unless there is some kind of massive change in the company. Which there won't be.

    Time for sleep here in the UK any way, guess I will check in on this again tomorrow when I get to work and see what's happened over night.
    For me it just proves none of them don't have a clue, they probably think because there is no evidence of the so blatantly hacked vma score that it was obtained legitimately. Now I don't really care too much about the person but it puts a huge bad name on ZOS, how can their dungeon design and combat team believe that? You guys also came out and said there will be a leaderboard wipe, you all believed it, then didn't do it.

    This is the part that is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. If the player got past investigation free, at least deal with what you are showcasing to your customers.

    This is a company whose testers and employees play in FPS mode and light attack like their LARPing.

    The Legendary Nothing
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    BTW anyone from the German community able to give us a translation of what Kai is talking about in the quote below?
    Jeder Server hatte seine vorrangig festen GM und man kannte sich, viele Dinge wurden unkompliziert und ohne Tickets geregelt. Man hatte einfach das Gefühl da ist ein fester Ansprechpartner der sich kümmert, bei Events hilft etc.

    Ist ein GM gegangen warum auch immer gab es schöne Abschiedevents mit Keksen, nicht wahr Herr Sterntaler :smile:

    Naja alles der Kostenreduktion der Managerkasten zum Opfer gefallen und daher entsteht auch heute kaum noch eine Bindung zu den Spielen und die Leute hüpfen von einem Spiel zum anderen wenn der Content durch ist.

    Die schöne alte Zeit der Urgesteine der Onlinespiele kommt einfach nicht wieder. Und damit meine ich jetzt nicht WoW das war schon der Anfang der negativen Entwicklung, sondern Spiele wie Ultima Online und Darkage of Camelot. Da waren Spieler und Supporter noch eine eingeschworene Gemeinschaft, die zusammen durch d-i-c-k und dünn gegangen sind.

    Sowas ist heute nicht mehr möglich und das hat eher weniger mit den Kosten zu tun. Die Möglichkeiten, die wir "damals" als echte Gamemaster* hatten, wird dir heute keine größere Firma mehr anvertrauen. Das hat gute Gründe, ist aber auch sehr schade, denn sowohl die Abwechslung im Spiel als auch die Community an sich haben "damals" sehr davon profitiert.



    *nicht wie die Kundendienst-Mitarbeiter, die heutzutage diesen Namen führen

    I ran it through auto translations and I kind of got a feel for it but didn't want to post misinformation due to bad translation (damn it Google you should be good at this by now!)

    Rough translation (feel free to correct me)

    Such a thing isn't possibly anymore, and that has little to do with costs. The possibilities we used to have as "real Gamemasters", aren't offered by any large company anymore. There are good reasons for that, but it's also really sad, because not only the game but also the community itself profited greatly from it.

    Interesting...
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been reading all the comments about this since it all began,and wonder myself why ZOS is allowing players they KNOW to be cheating back into the game.
    Yes,I know,they want the money from them,but,surely,..they can do without a few dollars when serious rules have been breached.

  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any input on current circumstance, but to those saying ZOS has done nothing against cheaters since the game came out clearly either did not play at release or have short memories.
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I've been reading all the comments about this since it all began,and wonder myself why ZOS is allowing players they KNOW to be cheating back into the game.
    Yes,I know,they want the money from them,but,surely,..they can do without a few dollars when serious rules have been breached.

    Or perhaps when they realized what was happening and ran an analysis to find cheaters they found that most of the player base was actually cheating?

  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I've been reading all the comments about this since it all began,and wonder myself why ZOS is allowing players they KNOW to be cheating back into the game.
    Yes,I know,they want the money from them,but,surely,..they can do without a few dollars when serious rules have been breached.

    Or perhaps when they realized what was happening and ran an analysis to find cheaters they found that most of the player base was actually cheating?


    Eeeeek!
    (SSsshhh! That will be considered a conspiracy theory!LOL)
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tekyn wrote: »
    I don't have any input on current circumstance, but to those saying ZOS has done nothing against cheaters since the game came out clearly either did not play at release or have short memories.

    Except of course the CE cheaters who only got banned because people gave up on the game and went nuts in cyrodiil. I assure you there are still plenty of people cheating atm just without being blatantly obvious. The fact that someone who was using the cheat was unbanned is just beyond excuse. Stop standing up for a company that has shown time and again just how incompetent they are dealing with these situations, fixing bug, and listening to their actual playerbase.
    This is a feature we do still intend to do, but there are many other things taking priority so we don't yet have an exact update when this will be implemented.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know that there have never been 7,000,000 currently active players at one time. I ignore PR BS. You should too.
This discussion has been closed.