The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever is managing this game needs to start talking about this live. Not buried in a reguarly scheduled eso live. I'm talking about announcing a time and location for the twitch feed in a forum wide banner. Then I want to see a legitimate head of the company make a statement in a freaking suit and tie about what is being done, why people were unbanned, and how you are going to rebuild our trust in you and the integrity of the game.

I don't want to see tigerpants and tee-shirts telling me everything is being taken care of, I want to see a suit and tie manager. Tigerpants and tee-shirts are fine for eso live but this is serious business and needs to be addressed in an official capacity.
    Edited by Armitas on 15 June 2016 16:23
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tekyn wrote: »
    God_flakes wrote: »
    I actually stated a few threads ago that I blame Bethesda and their godmode for this. It makes gamers lazy and entitled.

That is a special kind of special right there. IDDQD

You're right, of course. But most of the youngins using the CE played Bethesda games, I'm sure. Not Doom.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They been shoveling the entire time, sir.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this stage, the discussion should only be about people committing to canceling their subs and/or never to buying anything in the crown store again, and/or to letting the rest of the gaming world know that ZOS cheating policy is a laughable disgrace.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    up
    down
    left
    right
    a
    b
    a
    b
    select
    start

?
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you serious? Lifting bans on people who used Cheat Engine??!

There is no gray area here, no extenuating circumstances - these people used a HACK in your game and they need to stay banned.
    I dunno what the heck you're thinking but you do realize you're tarnishing your reputation here (and of the franchise)? And I cannot see how this is a good marketing move (because I will assume at this point you're only thinking with your wallets).
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when diablo 2 died. It was a game about getting really powerful and really rare loot. I was also about trading your loot upwards in value till you could afford the things you wanted. Hacks ended the life of that game faster than a car wreck. No one could trust their trades, and due to duping all items dropped in value. SOJs became worth nothing overnight. The game lost all integrity and so everything in it lost all value. Not just trade value, but value to the person. Nothing was exciting or special anymore and everything became common and people left for games that had value and integrity.

That will be the same fate for us endgame players if this not dealt with publicly and official to restore integrity and value to achievments and personal combat.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheaters getting unbanned, ZoS sweeping the whole matter under the rug while Frior boosting about 7 million players, it's a joke. I have no confidence the competition in the game is on the level. It's obvious to me the ZoS is more concerned about selling fancy mounts in its Crown Store than providing a fair playing environment.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    But let's please work to keep this thread on track. I do recognize that how we manage this matter on the forums is pertinent, but once a thread becomes a discussion of itself it generally falls apart.

@ZOS_AlanG The only response we, the playerbase, are getting about this major issue is moderation on threads. The previous statements about permanent bans have been proven to be garbage unless a few days is a new definition of "permanent." You and your fellow moderators need to start (continue?) shoveling this upstairs.

ZOS is not policing the community effectively. When we report players with video evidence, they go unpunished -- so we the players can't police the community either and it's a waste to time to even try.

It's been 2 weeks since the huge blowup and ZOS continues to ignore the issue and fail to communicate a cohesive, public response. The silence is deafening, and starting to sound like the official plan is to do nothing and let PvP become a hacker free-for-all; "hacks" that require no skill at all to use. With the strategy, before long the only people left in Cyrodiil are going to be a few cheaters and everyone else will be playing something else.

Start shoveling, man.

QFT.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH if you want this fixed, start hitting up gaming and MMO media news sites which have the guts to post critics and send them this for an article.

This isn't something I've wanted to actually see done because it's going to damage the reputation of ESO more than it already has been in the past.

However generally when the media start running stories and the stink is leaving the safety confines of internal forums the suits start to get scared.

I've been tempted to reach out to some sites which have run critic of previous MMO issues but don't want to cause more harm than good. At this point however I don't know any other way to actually make someone important at ZOS realise this is BS and against everything people expect with an MMO.

Someone important like @ZOS_MattFiror should have spoken about this long ago, not continued to use the community team as a proxy.

Once I'm home and off the bus I'm going to get a link spam list of every other MMO handling issues like this and ask ZOS WTF is stopping them doing the same.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaters getting unbanned, ZoS sweeping the whole matter under the rug while Frior boosting about 7 million players, it's a joke. I have no confidence the competition in the game is on the level. It's obvious to me the ZoS is more concerned about selling fancy mounts in its Crown Store than providing a fair playing environment.

Console players are probably their main source of revenue now, and there's no cheating there. However, bad press from PC might translate to fud on the console side as well, and the wellspring of PC beta testers may well dry up if this isn't addressed soon.

I enjoy this game and I was looking forward to some of the upcoming developments (Argonian dungeons? Barbershop?) Then I see this thread today and I'm thinking I might just cut my losses.

• heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »
    I demand Sarenvog to be reinstated!!!!!!!

He'd install CE, accidentally give himself 1hp total, and squawk about all the bleeping nightblades
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Clerics1985
    Clerics1985
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when the next ESO Live is? Best chance to his them about bans and retractions of said bans.

They're never going to bring this up on live . They avoid it every chance they get . What good would do now anyways ? There's no security in place and there's no real punishment . Video , no matter how many Ultimates get cast in a second , is still not concrete evidence evidently .

But this time we can spam chat with something completely game breaking for everyone, instead of AOE caps, pvp lag, and wrobel.

everyone should spam ESO live with the Website to CE
    Ishammael wrote: »
    up
    down
    left
    right
    a
    b
    a
    b
    select
    start

?

Ty Konami :)
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg how do I unsubscribe from this nightmare? ;___;
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Zoner wrote: »
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    No one is here to prove anything to you, neither should you acting like you deserve to know. In any case, why would you disagree at this point?

I don't mean to question you personally, I just don't think what amounts to hearsay about one or two people being banned for "swearing" (it must have been REALLY bad from what I see in zone every day) necessarily means that all these exploiters that downloaded a cheat engine have been turned loose on us all tabula rasa.

It seems that is what was being implied, and 20+ pages of emotional knee-jerking followed. I question the basis for all that emotional rage is all.

you can't understand the difference between that and cheaters being allowed to return, despite community outcry, when there's a profanity filter in the game? you really don't know why that would annoy people?

Right. What I am not getting is how 30 pages of rage posts somehow made the radical connection between two people that said naughty words getting un-banned to "OMG ALL THE HACKERS WERE SET FREE!."

It seems like totally baseless, unsubstantiated chicken little speak to me.

It's 30 pages long because ZOS has so far refused to respond to this emergency in any sort of meaningful way, and we don't want the game we all love to be destroyed by scumbag cheaters. By keeping this thread alive and still showing how incredibly upset we are, and rightly so, we don't allow ZOS to sweep the issue under the carpet.

Are you seriously that dense?
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't even know what they could do at this point that would 1. get me to sop being so livid with them and 2. start to regain my trust.

I do know that at least for now, I can't play. I cannot bring myself to do it. How that turns out does depend on how this situation is handled. I'm just one person, so I get that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. But it does matter to me. Like I said before, I thought better of the game. But seriously what is the point? If people who cheat are going to retain their ability to play and retain high scores, what is the point of anyone who doesn't do those things to even log into the game? There isn't one. If you aren't a cheater you already know that you stand literally ZERO chance of ever in your life passing that score. It isn't about me personally wanting to do that, its about the fact that this is a thing. This is now an aspect of the game that we are all being forced to just deal with. I can't just deal with it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

@EstelioVeleth Wake up? See a professional?
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

Well you did say nightmare.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that this is pretty disappointing to hear. I never was exactly expecting to be top of the leaderboard, but I'm starting to wonder what the point of even trying is if some guy (or several guys, I guess...) is just going to tgm their way to the top.

I really hope that internally they're preparing some kind of debrief/statement to show that they're listening. It would do a lot to instill player confidence. And then we could recommend the game to our friends, who will buy it, and maybe spend money on crowns, so everyone wins!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Are you serious? Lifting bans on people who used Cheat Engine??!

There is no gray area here, no extenuating circumstances - these people used a HACK in your game and they need to stay banned.
    I dunno what the heck you're thinking but you do realize you're tarnishing your reputation here (and of the franchise)? And I cannot see how this is a good marketing move (because I will assume at this point you're only thinking with your wallets).

*** game is ***, thats all there is to say.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you did say nightmare.

Nice joke sorry I didnt get it at first, I am sick and confused today xDDDDDDDDDD
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that internally they're preparing some kind of debrief/statement to show that they're listening. It would do a lot to instill player confidence. And then we could recommend the game to our friends, who will buy it, and maybe spend money on crowns, so everyone wins!
    This is really the kick in the ass, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone in this state....CE and cheaters being allowed back aside, the game just plays like *** atm and fricking bugs literally everywhere.

Edited by Cuyler on 15 June 2016 17:00
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

As it is against the rules to name players, we all know who they are just step foot into Cyrodill or look at your Maelstrom Arena scores, why do ZOS allow such things, why are repeated offenders allowed to keep the toxicity in the game and destroy itself. One of these players has been permanently banned before, and you allowed them to come back only to absolutely slap someone in the face who has put in the time and dedication to set themselves a goal and get #1, this applies to @andy.s and @JaceSB

I have learned a valuable lesson from so much of this thread as I had time to read. As there are no long term repercussions to cheating, in order to compete, obtain records, have my name memorialized on the scoreboard, gain valuable items and otherwise succeed in this game, I must L2Cheat without getting caught. But no worries if I am caught, I can go outside and see the sun for three days, ironically the same time it takes to build to max rested exp.

In other words, the lesson I have learned is that itis essential to cheat in a Zenimax game..
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much people have to pay to get un-permanently banned. And I don't think zos understands what the word permanently means. They should just call them temporary bans until a monetary fine is paid.
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wreuntzylla max enlightenment is 12 days just fyi
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    I wonder how much people have to pay to get un-permanently banned. And I don't think zos understands what the word permanently means. They should just call them temporary bans until a monetary fine is paid.

Word on the street is a well known cheater knows a manager at Zos. A call was made. A ban was lifted. Helps to know the right people.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Word on the street is a well known cheater knows a manager at McDonalds. A call was made. A pan was lifted. There were fries in the pan; French ones. Helps to know the right people.

QFT
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
    Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?

Cheaters always say this. And guess what, it's a lie.

It depends if they cheat on the sly or not. Doing it for all to see when you have nothing on the line (e.g., changing games) gets you no points, though.
    holosoul wrote: »
    @Wreuntzylla max enlightenment is 12 days just fyi

Doh, when did that happen???

Word on the street is a well known cheater knows a manager at Zos. A call was made. A ban was lifted. Helps to know the right people.

The 'word on the street' should get the managers name and report them. The amount of liability ZoS opens itself up to through unequal rule application can be retirement worthy and even a good old boy system will crumble when money is on the line.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Whoever is managing this game needs to start talking about this live. Not buried in a reguarly scheduled eso live. I'm talking about announcing a time and location for the twitch feed in a forum wide banner. Then I want to see a legitimate head of the company make a statement in a freaking suit and tie about what is being done, why people were unbanned, and how you are going to rebuild our trust in you and the integrity of the game.

I don't want to see tigerpants and tee-shirts telling me everything is being taken care of, I want to see a suit and tie manager. Tigerpants and tee-shirts are fine for eso live but this is serious business and needs to be addressed in an official capacity.

In this business the guy in a tie and jacket doesn't know jack and would only be giving us the business. The one in tiger stripped pants and a T-shirt is the only one who understands how code works.
This discussion has been closed.