Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Power of the Female Voice on Console

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's really amusing.

I once joked around in the Undaunted area that a female voice will always attract players so fast and so this guy got his wife to say "Need a healer and we're good to go" and we all had a laugh... good times... good times..

Here's a screenshot of a group, whom before it was a party, was just a girl talking and then everybody was like "HUH, is that a female??!?!!?!?!"
4YJrHOb.jpg

• SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, Yet another reason I play on PC ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So so true. Every time I ever log into Xbox it's quite rare to hear a woman's voice. Yet on the PC, tons of us are around and I know this because I've been on many PC guild teamspeak servers where there are tons of women folk about and being a woman is no big deal which is what the majority of women gamers want; we just want people to treat us as gamers and gender ought to be irrelevant.

Now if ZOS gave us a voice changer as part of the built in voice chat on the console maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be clamoring for text chat as often on the console version of the game...
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd estimate that a quarter of the people I play with on PC are female, by going off Teamspeak and how they talk in text chat. Things like this make me chuckle though
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time, I did a PUG trial and had to download Teamspeak and everything, and when I finally got into the TS group, I found out that 4 of the 12 were females. I was surprised.

In other news, just half an hour ago, I was randomly asked to join a guild, and I did for no reason, and I was asked if I was a female, and I, truthfully, said no, and I was moved to another guild :lol: .
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three females in my guild.

First one offered werewolf bite, had me follow her all the way to the alter (i dunno why she wanted to give me a bite so badly) but couldn't ended up wasting good part of an hour

Second, while I was looking for Kuta told me she had one for sale... to later tell me she was lying to clear chat... (it was the only time I said something at that moment) -_-;

Third one has had no direct interaction with me.

Im not sure where im going with this, but I do know... a female's voice is a sure fire way to keep me at bay now! Lmao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three females in my guild.

First one offered werewolf bite, had me follow her all the way to the alter (i dunno why she wanted to give me a bite so badly) but couldn't ended up wasting good part of an hour

Second, while I was looking for Kuta told me she had one for sale... to later tell me she was lying to clear chat... (it was the only time I said something at that moment) -_-;

Third one has had no direct interaction with me.

Im not sure where im going with this, but I do know... a female's voice is a sure fire way to keep me at bay now! Lmao

Both the nicest people in my guild and the most fierce fighters are female, however I've not come across anyone quite like that before :/
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Tats
    Tats
    ✭✭✭
    People still act dumb over girls on pc too. Its not console exclusive.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just as I ordered my headset to talk in PvP from Monday... Eep :/
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this 100 times...

Area chat on consoles could be full of dudes screaming at each other, laughing, playing music... then....

a female asks for a group, every dude in area chats lowers thier voice 5 octiv's, and begins to crowd around...

clothes start coming off, and its just chaos...

I LOL everytime i see this...

The Undaunted Enclave is no place for ladies to hangout LOL
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, pro-tip, if you run into a female in-game, the first words out of your mouth should never be "it's a girl". You'll go far.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably get a voice distorter to make me sound female if I was on console; then turn it off briefly to freak them out.

Oh look, Anook.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    My wife plays, and we have several woman in our guild on ps4
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Just as I ordered my headset to talk in PvP from Monday... Eep :/

But just imagine how fast you will get a raid group together. One word and the male zerg will find you. :smile: Good Luck!
    PC/EU DC
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, threads like this make me laugh.

It was only about a week ago I got an "Oh a female!" comment on TS. Makes me laugh. I mean, there are females in the world, doing most of the things males do... ^_^

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all officers in my guild are female, I think.

I think it helps to have announced it as a diverse, tolerant and respectful community when recruiting and having capital punishment for things like misogyny on the rules :smiley:
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    Guys, pro-tip, if you run into a female in-game, the first words out of your mouth should never be "it's a girl". You'll go far.

But that can't be the truth. There be no women on the internetz. It is the law.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's funny how the guys on the console will sit there n chat up the female who just spoke all while talking over people who are looking for the daily dungeons (in the undaunted enclave).
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got added to a trial group on ps4 got in party chat and I was the only guy oddly I was using a female character and they all used males... like a weird twilight zone thing lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a female character. I'm at the transit shrine checking the map, this guy starts dancing in front of me and whispers, "ARE U WOMAN?".
    Can confirm that a majority of guys turn into cavemen when they think a girl gamer exists.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

So so true. Every time I ever log into Xbox it's quite rare to hear a woman's voice. Yet on the PC, tons of us are around and I know this because I've been on many PC guild teamspeak servers where there are tons of women folk about and being a woman is no big deal which is what the majority of women gamers want; we just want people to treat us as gamers and gender ought to be irrelevant.

Now if ZOS gave us a voice changer as part of the built in voice chat on the console maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be clamoring for text chat as often on the console version of the game...

Pretty true, there's a good few in my guild on pc eu (honour) and they don't get treated like "omghz a woman"

All pretty cool peeps :)
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Pretty true, there's a good few in my guild on pc eu (honour) and they don't get treated like "omghz a woman"

I should probably join Honour when they go around recruiting next, they sound pretty good if that's the case.

Oh look, Anook.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually we grow up and realise female gamers are just regular gamers like the rest of us, then we look back and feel embarrassed for the idiocy we used to have. :flushed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    zornyan wrote: »

I should probably join Honour when they go around recruiting next, they sound pretty good if that's the case.

They're a great bunch, the chat section is hilarious at night, and they hold lots of events, like one night each week is vdsa/trial runs etc, one is dungeons, one is IC evening etc pvp nights

• KaylynT
    KaylynT
    I lIke how the guys try to be really respectful and try not to swear once they realize i'm a female. It makes me laugh cause some try so hard not to swear and apologize when they do.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »
    I lIke how the guys try to be really respectful and try not to swear once they realize i'm a female. It makes me laugh cause some try so hard not to swear and apologize when they do.
    I'm generally like that with men and women. Not everyone likes to hear profanity, and I *try* to respect them. Having a filthy mouth it's extremely difficult for me!
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Gives me the fear!
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think of all the men you could get troll farmed in PVP though ;)
    Feminists everywhere rejoice :smiley:
    Black Widow guild is now recruiting.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on 11 December 2015 11:36
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a lot more women in the RP community. Our guild is pretty evenly split among our most active group. Of our officers, myself included, 3 are females. No one acts like it's a big deal. Because it isn't. The difference experienced on console is likely due to the overall age disparity. I think more "grown ups" play on PC while the "kids" gravitate to console.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »

I find I'm often the one being sworn to myself, and everyone seems to be a smoker :p

Oh look, Anook.
  • KiritoUD
    KiritoUD
    there are alot of women on console its just that they dont talk just because this happeneds
    Guild=Brotherhood of Merchants
    Gamertag=Kirito UD