Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console players - We want text typing chat?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »

I'm starting to wonder if ZOS scrapped text chat support because they didn't want to moderate/police it. And no way for bots to spam their gold selling racket.

At this point from what we saw in beta, there doesn't even need to be a full time MMO GM...nothing to do.

If you think voice only chat is going to solve this then you are sadly mistaken, I've heard more vile, racist, annoying, & rude comments spoken in game voice chat than anything I have ever seen in a text chat on any game I ever played....

On Xbox, voice chat is handled by the Microsoft servers and such is policed by Microsoft. It's up to you to report the player via the Microsoft system to take care of these player issues.

I don't think ZOS is handling the policing of voice chat as they are using the Microsoft servers for chat. Any reports that they are not?

Microsoft does handle voice chat issues, and ZOS may decide that is the way to go as a way to reduce operating costs. However, when some idiot is in voice chat causing problems, people are not just going to complain that XBOX players are horrible, they are also going to complain that the ESO players are horrible. ZOS would be ill-advised to drop this entirely into the lap of Microsoft. People are not going to chuck their XBOX because of the people in Blackwater Blade on the EP side comparing male body parts. They might stop playing ESO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there has to be text chat in a MMO
    Just watched a Deltia's YouTube upload of a Dungeon run in console (PS4) and they had people standing right next to them at the start of the dungeon that they couldn't talk to. They tried to get them to join in the voice chat, but had no way of communicating. The one person had to spam them a message through PS4 messaging to try and get a response.

Even with group finder, the end result was they couldn't establish the group because Voice proximity wasn't used by all the members and they couldn't instruct them how to use it, or the other members just didn't want to.

This is the core problem with a lack of text chat. A great example.
    Video

▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a forum post about it,And posted it on reddit where i was mostly met by negativity for being dissapointed about this.

I just think it will remove so many feature from a game thats already lacking social features
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to play console now that I've seen there is no text chat
    I was about to pre-order Imperial Editions for my family 4 XB1's. All 4 of us agree, that even when used rarely it is a requirement. The post that described how to communicate to people that do not want to use voice, is impossible without this.

This is a deal breaker for sure. Quite unfortunate. We only have 1 gaming pc in the house, but 4 consoles. This will result in no new purchases of ESO, and most likely the one that we did buy for pc will stop getting used since we wanted to play together, not take turns on a pc.

This is a bad decision as far as we see it, and my wallet will reflect that. I was so looking forward to this on console too. :/
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Just watched a Deltia's YouTube upload of a Dungeon run in console (PS4) and they had people standing right next to them at the start of the dungeon that they couldn't talk to. They tried to get them to join in the voice chat, but had no way of communicating. The one person had to spam them a message through PS4 messaging to try and get a response.

Even with group finder, the end result was they couldn't establish the group because Voice proximity wasn't used by all the members and they couldn't instruct them how to use it, or the other members just didn't want to.

Video

Of course, no different from today of joining a group using LFG, only to have the other two players on guid chat or voice chat and you're talking in zone/group.

I know this because I do this. It's a PUG on a non-elite dungeon. I don't really CARE to talk with the other pugs, as I'll probably just talk with my buddy and take off doing my own thing.

Whether text or voice, some players will continue to do what they do. Neverwinter is a great example of that. All the text chat options of PC, and it's still a bunch of silent peeps running dungeons side by side and never a word.

If those players were ignoring the PS4 message posts, they most definitely would've ignored /whispers too.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    HarryWolfe wrote: »
    from what i saw on the dev vlog:
    2 simultaneous voice channels at any one time
    an emote wheel similar to the PC quick item radial
    and they said that the same system for "equipping" emotes would be used for "equipping" standardised text, they pointed out that they have scanned thousands of chat logs to gather a list of the most used text lines.

selling items could be as easy as clicking on an item, selecting [link to chat], selecting a text line (sell) dialing up a figure (gold) and sending to text, probably less key presses that typing it up. Of course its just conjecture seeing as they said the text chat ui isnt in the beta yet.

I'd love the emote wheel on pc, and the text chat wheel as well really, oh and the voice comms :(

For console? You sure this was a current VLog and not what they tried and scrapped?

What we have in console beta is what we're getting in the June release. And that has a awful emote implementation, have to go to the settings menu and scroll down and through all the available emotes....all while not seeing your character.

Assign the emotes you use most frequently to the emote radial, and you'll have access to eight emotes on the fly just by holding down the right d-pad.

I had a great convo with a guy using just yes's and no's.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    oehk wrote: »
    I was about to pre-order Imperial Editions for my family 4 XB1's. All 4 of us agree, that even when used rarely it is a requirement. The post that described how to communicate to people that do not want to use voice, is impossible without this.

This is a deal breaker for sure. Quite unfortunate. We only have 1 gaming pc in the house, but 4 consoles. This will result in no new purchases of ESO, and most likely the one that we did buy for pc will stop getting used since we wanted to play together, not take turns on a pc.

This is a bad decision as far as we see it, and my wallet will reflect that. I was so looking forward to this on console too. :/

There are emotes, messages, and the mail system to talk. Voice is one option, and is very good and intuitive. And if you didn't buy your xbox ones used, you should either have kinect or headphones as almost every other xbox user has. They're pretty good, and proximity voice that changes due to distance from speaker is pretty awesome.

XBOX NA

• oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    @ruze84b14_ESO They are all new, and have kinect. Very familiar with how to setup/use it. So if I am trying to coordinate something with someone who isnt near me, or using voice chat at that moment, I have to send them in game mail, and wait for the back and forth of in game mail, as opposed to sending a /whisper or /tell?

What about guild chat? Is guild chat to be moved to in game mail? Or are you ok with 500 people using voice chat, at the same time? I'm not. Is there any 1st hand knowledge of how this will be handled?

I do recall reading somewhere that it was removed due to issues that arose during development. I would be interested in knowing if it was still being developed, or was canned all-together.

Ive been playing different MMOs since Star Wars Galaxies early beta, and just cannot understand how it could be acceptable to remove messaging. Games like Neverwinter, and GTA have messaging aside from voice. (not that either of those are great examples heh)

How do you prompt someone to join voice chat in a pug? What emote is there for that, if any? How well does that work so far?

How does a seasoned player, share knowledge about game mechanics or game basics to a new player asking for help in general chat... Nevermind that will never happen since there is no general chat for new players to ask for help in. Though I think this is a good question still.

How does this not exclude the RP community? (no Im not in that group, but it is a valid question Ive seen on this)

I understand that its not there due to a technical obstacle, but would really like to know where it stands related to the road map for future development.

• Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    I'm not against adding keyboard support or a chat feature as long as it is entirely optional and can be turned off entirely. Which of course would reduce much of it's usefullness to those who use it.

One reason keyboard chat is so essential in MMO's currently is that it is the primary form of communication from the get go, and very few games actively support voice. And the support of voice only comes on AFTER all the initial communication is made. Since no single MMO has yet made voice chat the primary communcation method, the concept of doing so sounds very foreign to that crowd.

This is unlike most other multiplayer games both on PC and Console which have no keyboard support at all anymore and still function just fine in all the events you mentioned ... Destiny and Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty and Halo and Battlefield all being prime examples of effective voice communications, and all of them include MMO elements such as end-game group features, room for roleplay, and large guild organizational activities.

I do support adding a chat service to smartglass or a companion app on consoles. I'm not against adding a feature in game on consoles that snaps to the side and pops up on demand. I am against an 'all the time spam-a-thon' which takes up a significant portion of my screen and forces me to stop paying attention to the action to discern what others are saying, something not conducive to immersion or the sense of action which these Action RPG's are trying to portray.

What I fully support, however, is keeping voice communication as the primary form of communication, more as a matter of proof that its the mentality of MMO designers and some players that have caused MMO's to hold back in adapting to this technology. What I've experienced in the beta was groundbreaking to me, and has given me cause to come to these and reddits forums and so strongly support ZOS's decision. I really do think the game will do great just the way it is, and while more options may be nice for many, I'd rather see them offer voice callouts in-character similar to Battlefield or the emote radial first.

XBOX NA

• Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    @ruze84b14_ESO They are all new, and have kinect. Very familiar with how to setup/use it. So if I am trying to coordinate something with someone who isnt near me, or using voice chat at that moment, I have to send them in game mail, and wait for the back and forth of in game mail, as opposed to sending a /whisper or /tell?

What about guild chat? Is guild chat to be moved to in game mail? Or are you ok with 500 people using voice chat, at the same time? I'm not. Is there any 1st hand knowledge of how this will be handled?

I do recall reading somewhere that it was removed due to issues that arose during development. I would be interested in knowing if it was still being developed, or was canned all-together.

Ive been playing different MMOs since Star Wars Galaxies early beta, and just cannot understand how it could be acceptable to remove messaging. Games like Neverwinter, and GTA have messaging aside from voice. (not that either of those are great examples heh)

How do you prompt someone to join voice chat in a pug? What emote is there for that, if any? How well does that work so far?

How does a seasoned player, share knowledge about game mechanics or game basics to a new player asking for help in general chat... Nevermind that will never happen since there is no general chat for new players to ask for help in. Though I think this is a good question still.

How does this not exclude the RP community? (no Im not in that group, but it is a valid question Ive seen on this)

I understand that its not there due to a technical obstacle, but would really like to know where it stands related to the road map for future development.

According to what the lead console UI designer said on the Apirl 24th ESO live stream (I'm not joking go watch it for yourself) they took out text chat because he felt it was awkward sitting on a couch with a keyboard in his lap ....

They seriously think that little about us...

Never heard of a lap desk, or a entertainment media center already set-up with a keyboard, or hell even the built in texting/keyboard options for both consoles?

Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to what the lead console UI designer said on the Apirl 24th ESO live stream (I'm not joking go watch it for yourself) they took out text chat because he felt it was awkward sitting on a couch with a keyboard in his lap ....Snip
    It's going to be way more awkward not being able to find a group or sell anything....big mistake.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    @ruze84b14_ESO Sorry, I didnt state it in my reply but I agree 100% on Voice being the primary method. But I think until the other various features have better means to communicate in large groups, it still needs to be present.

I think eventually things like 500 person guild chat can/will get there but currently I do not see it working well as voice only at this time.

Also I am for a Glass App that provides this. That would solve the issue of not wanting it in the UI. That way it is available to those that want it, and not a part of the UI to get in the way of those that choose not to use it.

Though BF has voice chat, it was not implemented very well. If you were in a party, and joined friends in a game, you were in the party chat unless the entire party used game chat, and then it was the entire team split by sides of course, which never seemed to work very well for anyone actually PTO and not c4-jeep bombing their teammates...(side note, EA is totally going to ruin SW Battlefront I think ugh)

@fran369b14_ESO I thought I had read somewhere it was an issue implementing it somehow. I will have to go dig for it.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

According to what the lead console UI designer said on the Apirl 24th ESO live stream (I'm not joking go watch it for yourself) they took out text chat because he felt it was awkward sitting on a couch with a keyboard in his lap ....

Never heard of a lap desk, or a entertainment media center already set-up with a keyboard, or hell even the built in texting/keyboard options for both consoles?

It's awkward enough I'd have never used it, nor any of my friends list. We've been discussing this issue, and as they are all console players, the idea of having to use the on-screen keyboard, or a wireless keyboard or even our smartphones to just start a group seems preposterous to them.

I tried to explain to them how it works on PC and why players on PC felt that way, but its just a sign of the difference in how multiplayer is handled on consoles versus the archaic method MMO's hold to.

XBOX NA

• Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    It's awkward enough I'd have never used it, nor any of my friends list. We've been discussing this issue, and as they are all console players, the idea of having to use the on-screen keyboard, or a wireless keyboard or even our smartphones to just start a group seems preposterous to them.

I tried to explain to them how it works on PC and why players on PC felt that way, but its just a sign of the difference in how multiplayer is handled on consoles versus the archaic method MMO's hold to.

Here's the thing ... what's wrong with having both text & voice?

Do you need a keyboard to see a text message from someone outside your PVP group that a mass of players are heading to take one of your sides Keeps ? ...No, does it help ? hell yes

Is running a dungeon or a raid easier with voice chat? ... no question

Would it be easier asking for help with an Dolman or zone boss with zone text chat rather than waiting around hoping some other people stumble across so you can ask for help in voice?

How about guild recuiting? or offering your services as a craftsman?
    Edited by Mirra_Halfelven on 27 April 2015 18:52
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been posting this particular solution for Xbox One for the past few months before they announced taking out text chat.
    ChatPad

That's a great solution that's not a separated experience. Even so, I'd be fine with using SmartGlass.

ZOS executed the cardinal sin in gaming development, pull out a feature that people use and was already there in the code during their port. All we needed was a menu option next to the Emote menu that emulated hitting Enter to access the textboxes in the chat area. Hell, you could even put it on the emote radial quick slot. Then the ChatPad or SmartGlass takes over.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    first pay 1 year and mb in 2017 you will get textchat
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I am primarily a solo player, however I find text chat essential.
    Even as a solo player I still ask for/ provide help over chat. It's the quickest resource to answering questions that are either unanswered in the game or for features that have been changed.
    For example: many players are still unaware of the changes in regards to mounts.

Plus there's the few areas that require grouping.
    While I don't mind being automatically matched up in other games I definitely mind in this. Players have roles (tank/ healer/ DPS/ etc.) that must be fulfilled. I don't want to be matched up in a group that doesn't have all the essential roles.

• Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Video

Of course, no different from today of joining a group using LFG, only to have the other two players on guid chat or voice chat and you're talking in zone/group.

I know this because I do this. It's a PUG on a non-elite dungeon. I don't really CARE to talk with the other pugs, as I'll probably just talk with my buddy and take off doing my own thing.

Whether text or voice, some players will continue to do what they do. Neverwinter is a great example of that. All the text chat options of PC, and it's still a bunch of silent peeps running dungeons side by side and never a word.

If those players were ignoring the PS4 message posts, they most definitely would've ignored /whispers too.

You missed the point. They were unable to tell the guys in the party how to communicate at the very start of the dungeon, how to turn on voice. Basically they were stuck and ended up trying to two man the dungeon.

Now expand this to the 'don't have a mic people' or 'don't want to use voice' or deaf individuals. You want to exclude those people because of a lack of effort by ZOS to keep text chat in?

This wasn't a groundbreaking decision by ZOS to revolutionize the MMO industry and move the needle forward by excluding text chat and pushing voice chat. It was a bad decision by someone to say 'it's not a smooth experience, take it out'. Let us decide if it's not user friendly. We'll make it work.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    It'll be fantastic not having zone chat spammed with WTS/WTB/LFG.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be fantastic not having zone chat spammed with WTS/WTB/LFG.

You do realize you can go to the chat box options and uncheck "zone" to accomplish this without the need to impose on 90% 70% of the player base who like zone chat with these "immersion" and/or spamming excuses?
    Edited by Cuyler on 27 April 2015 19:38
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Video

You missed the point. They were unable to tell the guys in the party how to communicate at the very start of the dungeon, how to turn on voice. Basically they were stuck and ended up trying to two man the dungeon.

And nothing would have stopped those players from ignoring any other form of communication. That is MY point. Text chat in no way guaranteed that they'd have been paying attention and could have been communicated with.

Your point doesn't solve the issue he faced. An issue which happens in pick-up groups every day in text-based or voice-based multiplayer games. Two players were afk in his session.

It's a poor argument that seems convenient to use in the discussion, but is flawed on the principle that it quite literally proves nothing. That is what I countered.

And why do I say it means nothing? Area voice chat is on by default.

Again, I'm not against adding an off-screen or popup text chat. Nor am I against keyboard support. I'm simply arguing that, for many, many, many console players out there, the issue PC players are forseeing may not be an issue at all. Because we already do everything that needs done, in any number of wonderful and popular multiplayer games out there.

MMO's are still multiplayer games at heart, and the only thing that requires text-based chat channels in-game, are the PC players who are used to it and unwilling to adapt. Nothing more. Not saying that's not enough reason to add it, just that when you trace the problem down to it's root cause, it loses some of the doom-and-gloom doomsday that certain individuals are trying to attach to it.

XBOX NA

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes there has to be text chat.

Full disclosure I bought the $20 copy and all but I don't even yet have a PS4. If/when I do get one I was planning on playing a little ESO on it, but the lack of text chat makes it unappealing. I don't want to play PS4 and have to be tied to a headset all the time to communicate.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to copy/paste my feedback about this from the beta forum to this post:

The complete lack of a chat box actually made me cancel my preorder. I have only been speaking English for 5 years, and my accent is still too thick for English speakers to understand me without repeating myself four times or more.This obviously makes voice chat not an option for me. Any type of chat box I'd take, but I prefer USB keyboard support, like Neverwinter XB1 has.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    I'm just going to copy/paste my feedback about this from the beta forum to this post:

The complete lack of a chat box actually made me cancel my preorder. I have only been speaking English for 5 years, and my accent is still too thick for English speakers to understand me without repeating myself four times or more.This obviously makes voice chat not an option for me. Any type of chat box I'd take, but I prefer USB keyboard support, like Neverwinter XB1 has.

Yet I can totally understand what you are TYPING. Great point and post.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Video

And nothing would have stopped those players from ignoring any other form of communication. That is MY point. Text chat in no way guaranteed that they'd have been paying attention and could have been communicated with.

Your point doesn't solve the issue he faced. An issue which happens in pick-up groups every day in text-based or voice-based multiplayer games. Two players were afk in his session.

It's a poor argument that seems convenient to use in the discussion, but is flawed on the principle that it quite literally proves nothing. That is what I countered.

And why do I say it means nothing? Area voice chat is on by default.

Again, I'm not against adding an off-screen or popup text chat. Nor am I against keyboard support. I'm simply arguing that, for many, many, many console players out there, the issue PC players are forseeing may not be an issue at all. Because we already do everything that needs done, in any number of wonderful and popular multiplayer games out there.

MMO's are still multiplayer games at heart, and the only thing that requires text-based chat channels in-game, are the PC players who are used to it and unwilling to adapt. Nothing more. Not saying that's not enough reason to add it, just that when you trace the problem down to it's root cause, it loses some of the doom-and-gloom doomsday that certain individuals are trying to attach to it.

I think your tune will change once you realize how the example I posted in that simple video happens to you multiple times.

Player one - 'Hey...can you hear me?'
    Player two - 'Yaaa dawg, whaaas up? We ready to go, let's dooo this'
    Player one - 'I'm ready but these other three people are standing here running in circles'
    Player two - silence
    Player one - 'I'll message them in Xbox Live, what's their gamertags...let's see'
    ...two minutes later..
    Player one - 'You still there man?
    Player two - 'yaa dawg' <barely audible over the blaring Lil Wayne music in the background coming through the mic>
    Player one - 'Anyone else there?'
    ...three other players still running in circles and jumping in place
    Player one - 'maybe we should just start and they'll follow, sound good?'
    Player two - < And all we do is light it up, All night, all you see is strange clouds, Strange clouds, strange clouds >
    Player one - 'can you turn your music down man?'
    ...two more minutes pass by...
    Player one - 'well, I'll heal...we can try this two man, ok?'
    Player two - 'What? We need heals? I'm dps...' < music now louder than before>
    Player two - 'I'm out dawg' <leaves group>
    ...other players who weren't on voice chat see Player two leave and one by one start to leave group
    Player one - 'Well crap, if I only could type to them then we might have had a go at this dungeon'
    Player one - < stands alone in dungeon >
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Again, how is that different than PUGing in any other game, or even in ESO for that matter? Join group, one player's afk, won't respond to whispers/tells/emails, another can't type a single word out completely and makes you think he's probably 12, and the third keeps calling you 'hun' even though you're fairly certain it's a 40 year old man.

The lesson? Doesn't matter what game you play, don't PUG if you don't have to.

Going on eight years straight of gaming almost every night on consoles with groups up to 24 large. I don't forsee I'll have the problem you mention. But then again, I choose my gaming groups and we share friends lists, clan callouts, twitter feeds, etc. It's not a problem at all filling out a full team for battlefield or getting a dungeon run for Neverwinter. Just gotta check the friends list.

XBOX NA

• retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Neverwinter has text chat, but no one every really uses it that I have seen and I love it!
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Neverwinter has text chat, but no one every really uses it that I have seen and I love it!

Agree completely. All i ever see on it is 'Dragon in 6 on 58'.

XBOX NA

• Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least it's a option...
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

At least it's a option...
    They forgot the option to turn off the chat completely. That's my only complaint.

XBOX NA

This discussion has been closed.