The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error Code 301:3:1:1229:90098 since crash over an hour ago

Nevermuse
Nevermuse
It appears not to be an epidemic, but I see people have had Error 301 before. I have tried various different "fixes" from previous builds including editing the hosts file in admin mode, to resetting router/modem, to rebooting pc, direct launching eso.exe, running as admin, adding to firewall, turning off firewall.

I first get Login Timeout then when hitting retry I get the error code in the title of the post.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
  • Lindrial
    Lindrial
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. I've gotten in touch with their customer support and they are pretty clueless ATM. I played the game for hours after the patch before it started to do this, so I know it isn't anything on my end. I've repaired, re-installed, and no change. Let me know if you have any luck figuring out a fix.
    The Misplaced Ranger
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Nope, same problem here. I've tried everything everyone suggested and still nothing. I'm horribly frustrated right now.
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same issue here, and it is becoming more widespread, it's not as isolated as you think...several guild mates just in my own guild also have this issue crop up and other posters making threads on this as well.
  • leilani96792
    leilani96792
    ✭✭
    same for me, I haven't been able to log in since yesterday. Still waiting for a reply from support. My ticket keeps getting sent to someone else.

I have a post about it here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101553/can-t-login-to-the-game-and-no-answer-from-customer-support#latest

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, do you have a network traffic watcher, like wireshark?

Since it's a connection issue, I would hazard to say that 301 is an error code ... maybe a bad redirect?

Maybe something in the DNS cache?
    Edited by Sihnfahl on 23 May 2014 22:57
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip: try logging into to your account via website account.elderscrollsonline.com. If you can't log in via the website, it isn't the game.
  • Poseidon_Bluestorm
    Poseidon_Bluestorm
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, the problem is the same with different PC and different conexion ... as for me the problem is not in our instalation or conexion ... Ticket send ... Hope a fast fix ...
    ps : i can log my account via website
    Edited by Poseidon_Bluestorm on 24 May 2014 08:08
  • Nevermuse
    Nevermuse
    Ahh well good to see that it's not just me getting this. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled/patched the game and still the same result.

I am able to log in to the website.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, no official statement about this sh*t...
    29kunaa.jpg
  • Nevermuse
    Nevermuse
    Yup that's exactly the sequence I have, Netsike.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Before it was Error Code 301:3:1:1223:0, but now the same as here reported.
    Support ticket created, but as far as I know them, the answer will be tomorrow only, if any receive... :(
    Edited by xherics on 24 May 2014 14:13
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Freeblock
    Freeblock
    Soul Shriven
    Telling me I have to reset router and repair my game when my other account can login just fine.

Thanks Zenimax :|

vBQeZKh.jpg
  • earljones1018b14_ESO
    This has to be account based, it makes no sense why some accounts work on the same pc as others that don't. I think the server cache is bugging out and keeping certain connection requests in limbo. It makes no sense why my account works perfectly last night, I log for the night, and come to find this morning nothing I do can get a proper connection.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Please do something with this problem! There is not possible to log in!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_MichaelServotte
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    3 hours for me, xx hours for others, still no news and any response...

• Skygge57
    Skygge57
    Soul Shriven
    xherics wrote: »
    3 hours for me, xx hours for others, still no news and any response...

Yeah, it start to turn to x days for some of us !

• xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Oh... Ever WORST! So, I made a small research.

PC restart
    Router Restart
    Run as Admin
    Firewall Off
    Try a fresh install from my notebook
    Try from mobile net (another provider)
    Try through my friend VPN (Germany)
    All combination of some these points - some points from official help topic for 301 error - I do not know, zenimax though that we are all noobs? :disappointed:
    Main HOME server - the EU megaserver - IS NOT WORKING for me - Error 301 or Time out.

So I changed the launcher to NA mega server, downloaded the client and voala, I was successful, I am able to log in on the NA server and play, just on my HOME server not.

Zenimax! IT IS now clear that it is server side problem!
    Edited by xherics on 24 May 2014 18:32

• OmegaXtc
    OmegaXtc
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue, however, right after the crash I tried to re-log in and I got an email saying my pc wasn't trusted. Now, the memory leak this game has since the patch had it reserving 5 1/2 gigs of ram so my pc was frozen. I had to reset it. Now I get the error you guys do.
  • OmegaXtc
    OmegaXtc
    ✭✭
    And, as I say that, it works??!!
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    Please do something with this problem! There is not possible to log in!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_MichaelServotte

It's only been 48 hours on a holiday weekend.....

Ticket 140524-030250
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Thanks for reporting on this issue. Our Development Team is currently investigating what's going on, and we'll be sure to send this thread to them. We know that this issue is frustrating, and we appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • WaterSpirit
    I get the same error after the login time out. Incident#140524-004116
  • Elizariya
    Elizariya
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I was having issues with inventory items. I would crash every time I tried to take an email attachment or use a bank. That included putting anything into or removing anything from both my personal and/or any guild bank. I tried disabling any add-ons and deleting saved variables and still had the same results. I repaired the patch and had same results. I became curious as to whether or not it was an add-on/software issue on the computer I was using, so I updated the patch to my laptop. When I attempted to login to that, i was told it was a suspicious device and had to input a code. I did manage to log in to the laptop last night to test, tried to take mail attachment, crashed. Relogged and tried to access bank, crashed. Got frustrated and went to bed intending to test more things this morning.

When I went to login this morning, i am now getting the same login time out failure, followed by the 301 login error as the OP. This is now the case on both of my computers. This tells me it isn't a software issue on my end due to an add-on issue, because the laptop has no add-ons. Further testing has shown that my boyfriend can use any of the computers to access his account, but mine also does not work from his pc either; so whatever it is, it is tied directly to my actual account and is not an equipment or software issue. I have tried the suggestions posted for the 301 issue and none have helped. And yes, I can still access my account from the website so I am not banned.

When I was having trouble with the Bank Bug issue, it seemed from talking to other people in my guild that it was the people who had gotten the physical editions of the game that were having that issue, as opposed to the digital software only. This came to my attention because right before launch we had taken a poll on which versions people had bought, and then someone noticed that those who had bought the physical editions had gotten hit with that bank bug. I myself had that bug hit me and wipe my bank several times, and had bought the Imperial Collectors edition. My boyfriend got it for me for Valentines day, and got himself the digital Imperial Edition. He had neither that problem, nor either of the ones I have had in the past several days.

This seems like it may be related to editions people are using also, as nobody with digital only in my guild has reported having these problems. I am curious at to what editions the rest of you having this problem on this forum are using, as those of us in our guild have started to wonder if there is some kind of problem for those who have bought physical editions that seems to be causing us to keep getting these game breaking bugs.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the log in keeper party everyone.....
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Elizariya wrote: »
    This seems like it may be related to editions people are using also, as nobody with digital only in my guild has reported having these problems. I am curious at to what editions the rest of you having this problem on this forum are using, as those of us in our guild have started to wonder if there is some kind of problem for those who have bought physical editions that seems to be causing us to keep getting these game breaking bugs.
    Have the digital copy, but have never had the bank or inventory bug problem; hwoever I am having the; Error Code 301:3:1:1229:90098 problem :(.
  • BlueAvenger
    BlueAvenger
    ✭✭
    Same issue tried everything! NO solutions.. its a Server Problem..atleast acknowledge it by shutting down all servers and show the msg that all servers are down? And then Try to Restart the servers ..it will fix the issues most probably.
    1. Clear the server DNS cache.
    2. Reboot the server
    3. Check for any DDOS attacks on the server

Are my suggestions to Zenimax.
  • muhgo
    muhgo
    Soul Shriven
    had a random crash during harvesting - now error 301 :(
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Same issue tried everything! NO solutions.. its a Server Problem..atleast acknowledge it by shutting down all servers and show the msg that all servers are down? And then Try to Restart the servers ..it will fix the issues most probably.
    1. Clear the server DNS cache.
    2. Reboot the server
    3. Check for any DDOS attacks on the server

Are my suggestions to Zenimax.
    Chances are a restart would fix it, however it is not a DDOS problem, otherwise everyone either wouldent be able to get in, or we'd be able to get in after trying it several times.

Really hoping this isn't something such as a corrupt user file (Meaning or characters will have to be reverted), as it first happened to me after the power flashed, which means the server might have had trouble with saving something with the unexpected leave.

Hoping there will be a fix really soon :(. Been 5 hours that I've been unable to get on, and have been reading where a lot of people have had this problem since yesterday.

We do know that there are techs online and working on the game, as the 50mb patch was released today for the Memory Leak issue, so not all their staff is off for Memorial Weekend.

Guess we just keep trying it and hope for the best. As you can see here, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101553/can-t-login-to-the-game-and-no-answer-from-customer-support/p6 there are a lot of people having this issue, so I'm sure its on their high priority list.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Something new;
    Just tried to log in again and got this error message;
    Error Code 304:6:3:1181:117
    Another login to this account has been made.
    -- Now back to the regular 301 error, had my hopes up for a second :(. Could be a sign of progress though.
    Edited by spiritwindb14_ESO on 25 May 2014 00:07
  • BlueAvenger
    BlueAvenger
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is why they would not shutdown the servers and restart them? If there are so many people complaining there must be more who dont complain and just go do something else.
    (Probably I should go download Wildstar as well)
    For every one complaint here there are 10 more who don't bother..
    So there's a lot of complaints...
    Just restart the servers already!
    Takes 15 mins..and will most probably solve the immediate issue.
    Then take your time to fix the bigger problems.

Thats what i think should be done if it were me.