The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Disappearing walls and floors are back

• Teloria
    Teloria
    ✭✭
    My family has been playing this game since beta. We are talking 5 people all of the time. We love this game and we too are having this issue and have been having this issue for a while now. We have always been subscribers and we take great offense (as most do) at the fact that they are fixing the store and little things and not fixing the problem. I am also wondering why there has been no answer from anyone in the company...ZOS? Don't we deserve to know what is going on? Especially since we are subscribers? If you can't hold up your end of the contract, maybe we shouldn't either.

Let us know what is going on? We too, are considering dropping the subscriptions, although we don't WANT to. Let's see, how many have you lost in the past week? A lot. According to many sources people are "pausing" or completely stopping their accounts all together until you at least admit to knowing openly rather than on some alleged twitch cast. We want to know, concrete, what are you doing to fix this problem. The game is unplayable. Personally, my family (and you Devs can check this and I encourage you to do so) has spent an average of $100 a week since the game's first day of the crown store. If there were houses we bought five copies of each...and yes, do the math. Sometimes that is a thousand dollars on a drop for five people. We do this gladly. Folks know we have loved this game, they see us drumming as a family in game, we help folk and enjoy the game. We can't enjoy the game when we can't see it. We won't pay for a game we can't see. We will not put one more dime in the game, nor play the game. Not even log in until the game is fixed. This is the least we can do.
    Edited by Teloria on July 17, 2018 12:36AM
    ~it's all about the dragons~
  • rnjypsyb14_ESO
    rnjypsyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Teloria wrote: »
    My family has been playing this game since beta. We are talking 5 people all of the time. We love this game and we too are having this issue and have been having this issue for a while now. We have always been subscribers and we take great offense (as most do) at the fact that they are fixing the store and little things and not fixing the problem. I am also wondering why there has been no answer from anyone in the company...ZOS? Don't we deserve to know what is going on? Especially since we are subscribers? If you can't hold up your end of the contract, maybe we shouldn't either.

Let us know what is going on? We too, are considering dropping the subscriptions, although we don't WANT to. Let's see, how many have you lost in the past week? A lot. According to many sources people are "pausing" or completely stopping their accounts all together until you at least admit to knowing openly rather than on some alleged twitch cast. We want to know, concrete, what are you doing to fix this problem. The game is unplayable. Personally, my family (and you Devs can check this and I encourage you to do so) has spent an average of $100 a week since the game's first day of the crown store. If there were houses we bought five copies of each...and yes, do the math. Sometimes that is a thousand dollars on a drop for five people. We do this gladly. Folks know we have loved this game, they see us drumming as a family in game, we help folk and enjoy the game. We can't enjoy the game when we can't see it. We won't pay for a game we can't see. We will not put one more dime in the game, nor play the game. Not even log in until the game is fixed. This is the least we can do.

Absolutely agree with you, Teloria. I am just logging in to do writs now, when crafting is even visible. If I am able to return to play the game(if it gets fixed) I will never pay my subscription ahead again. I paid in good faith and in return ZoS has even declined to make a statement concerning this game breaking issue. I am currently discouraging friends from other games when they express interest in joining ESO and will continue to do so until this is fixed and until the current player base receives an apology from ZoS for their blatant disregard.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same on PC(MAC) EU. Lot of places where the geometry just goes invisible. Some places are worse than others.

Has anyone found any solution or workaround? Does it help with a fresh install/ repair? Graphics drivers? ini settings?

• Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same on PC(MAC) EU. Lot of places where the geometry just goes invisible. Some places are worse than others.

Has anyone found any solution or workaround? Does it help with a fresh install/ repair? Graphics drivers? ini settings?

Have tried fresh install
    Have tried the settings change mentioned earlier in this thread
    Have tried 1st and 3rd person views
    Have tried adjusting view distance up and down ditto particles and shadows
    Have tried.... well many things.
    to date I have had no success.

Edit - I play on both a desktop and laptop PC (NA and EU) both have the issue. My wife plays on her desktop PC (slightly different config to my desktop) and she has the same issues.
    Edited by Ragnork on July 17, 2018 12:58PM
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    This is the alchemy/enchanting place in Wayrest last night. I'm standing at the door.
    This is unacceptable. This game is no longer beta. It is a paid for product that needs to work as intended.

lduooa5q486x.png

0xipjge8g07a.png

Edited by Kainarel on July 17, 2018 12:53PM
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    jamgrs wrote: »
    6yflzkv2qe44.png
    I can confirm - this bug is still alive and kicking.

Isn't that the scene in the original Matrix where Trinity and Neo get guns to invade the bad guys tower?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i guess that ZOS cannot fix this, or does not believe it is a issue.

Been a player since beta, be back when (if) it gets fixed.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had lots of people come over from WOW about a month or 2 before summerset and they were loving it. Starting to see them leave for other games because of the issues. I feel ashamed of my game right now. =(
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    No feedback, no excuse, no nothing. The words carpet, under and hide come to mind.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No feedback, no excuse, no nothing. The words carpet, under and hide come to mind.

I agree at least they could say something...

Is it possible that its such a small portion of the players that they are going to ignore it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just want to confirm we are aware of this and have been working on getting it fixed, but we need to be pretty thorough in our testing before rolling everything out. Our goal is to get this resolved by time Wolfhunter is released, but we are trying to get it into an incremental so you have it sooner, if it's possible.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just want to confirm we are aware of this and have been working on getting it fixed, but we need to be pretty thorough in our testing before rolling everything out. Our goal is to get this resolved by time Wolfhunter is released, but we are trying to get it into an incremental so you have it sooner, if it's possible.

THANK YOU very much Gina... we all appreciate the updates and letting us know that you all are aware that it's still a problem. Silence tends to feel like it's something being ignored, which isn't a good feeling. So thanks again for keeping us updated. :)
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭

Do we know when Wolf Hunter is releasing?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently on PTS, I believe this is the 2nd week it has been on PTS. PTS is usually a 4 week test, so I am guessing 2 -3 weeks???
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Currently on PTS, I believe this is the 2nd week it has been on PTS. PTS is usually a 4 week test, so I am guessing 2 -3 weeks???

Blah...so 2-3 more weeks of invisible walls. Oh well, I've already waited two weeks, whats a few more?
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, fingers crossed.
  • ArseJuice
    ArseJuice
    ✭✭
    Why not perform patch rollback if last patch introduced this issue and apply a fix after it's confirmed to be working on PTS?
    Anyway, waiting for so long to get this reply is not acceptable for me.
    I was thinking to try ESO Plus, but with this support game gets, it's not worth it.
    Just my opinion.
    Edited by ArseJuice on July 17, 2018 7:20PM
    Intel i5 10400@4.11Ghz / Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X / 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX FURY Black RGB 3200Mhz
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC 3X 8G + Acer SA240YA
    512 GB A-DATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro / Seasonic Focus+ GOLD 750W
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be out this week - not September!
    or later...

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Elder Scrolls is not Elder Scrolls without bugs... I've been playing them since Arena so I know, just be patience and they will be fixed.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    An Elder Scrolls is not Elder Scrolls without bugs... I've been playing them since Arena so I know, just be patience and they will be fixed.

it's taken 2+ YEARS to fix major bug in werewolf skill line, no one's got the kinda patience ZO$ requires
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭

let me take a stab at this.....you guys probably have(or had..by the looks of things) 2 maybe 3 programmers tops in house that have their head mildly wrapped around how this game actually works and does these minor patches from time-to-time etc(the rest are just animators/graphic artists for the crown store etc). The big projects like Summerset get subbed out to Bangalore but someone goofed up in regards to the version control (or lack thereof). When Summerset got rolled back in it brought back many bugs that had been attended to since the last snapshot of the code and brought a ton more in with it. Meanwhile the few ppl you have in house have been pulling their hair out putting in 20 hour days trying to unravel this mess.

I could ramble on but the short version you need to pass up the food chain is that you are gonna need to find a top notch programming team state-side and pay them ALOT of $ (and promptly) to go through the code and sort this mess out........All I know is if I goofed up any of the servers or software I maintain this bad I would be out the door.

I know its not your fault and they kind of stuck you in the middle of all this Gina so I sympathize.......we are all just going to have to buckle up and ride out the storm.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the July 20th Twitch they mentioned a fix next week for missing walls, but only for PVE, Now shows no PC/NA maintenance for the July 23 week.

So no fix, or the fix does not require maintenance, if not require maintenance then why wait??
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is just one giant bug..
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this thought it was supposed to get fixed this week???

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its still not fixed on live they said on july 20 Twitch it would be fixed this week, so I guess that we have to wait for 2-3 more weeks for a it to maybe get fixed.
    Edited by majulook on July 24, 2018 5:06PM
  • TT33
    TT33
    I haven't had any issues for a few days now....maybe even a week.
  • Talendear
    Talendear
    Soul Shriven
    Its still going on, just got ganked cause a group of 7 or 8 came in and took out everyone defending Nikel who were busy concentrating on the people outside the opposite postern. Guess its a good thing so many of the items for achievements are inside Imperial City this year....I cant imagine the complaining with this BS going on during Midyear Mayhem.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Not often but several toons experienced this...750 CP, Xbox one x.
    For the Horde!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just encountered an issue that might be related.
    In battlegrounds (Ald Carac) whenever my feet would leave the ground (charge/knockback/jumping/walking on rubble) the camera would glitch underground (perhaps the disappearing wall bug only for the floor that makes the camera glitch?)
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.