The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

July 6 - Update on Recent Issues (Stability, Steam, Motifs, Daily Rewards)

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Miswar wrote: »
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    gp1680 wrote: »
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Are they fixing the freezing on Xbox this week in the patch maintenance???

I wouldn’t bet on it. Their history of “fixing” things is pretty dismal, unless it’s the clown store.

they fixed pcs pretty quick they just need to check and see if what caused it on pc might be the issue on console cause their litterally the exact same issues.

..and if it was the same issue than WHY DID IT TAKE 6 WEEKS to fix it? That is disgraceful to say at least.

Personally have a lot of doubts they are going to fix anything with this "patch"!
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Are they fixing the freezing on Xbox this week in the patch maintenance???

I wouldn’t bet on it. Their history of “fixing” things is pretty dismal, unless it’s the clown store.

they fixed pcs pretty quick they just need to check and see if what caused it on pc might be the issue on console cause their litterally the exact same issues.

PC isnt fixed, they just stopped talking to us about it xD.

At least console gets a thread to keep any false dreams alive

they did fix it its not stuttering or freezing for anyone with decent computers. console has the same issues that they just need to look at how they fixed it on pc and itll get better.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to farm normal trials last night, at least 4-5 people crashed on porting in every time.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LdtG2wB.jpg

This is a new one...

Got this error after blue-screening twice and freezing in Cyrodiil.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they did fix it its not stuttering or freezing for anyone with decent computers.

Wow. Really? I got booted to login three times last night and PVP was a slideshow, when it wasn't a diorama. I'm on a "decent computer"

• gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    they did fix it its not stuttering or freezing for anyone with decent computers.

Wow. Really? I got booted to login three times last night and PVP was a slideshow, when it wasn't a diorama. I'm on a "decent computer"

Was it a hard crash to desktop or did you freeze and have to restart the client? It seems there are two issues at play here, aside from the ever-present laggggg.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Was it a hard crash to desktop or did you freeze and have to restart the client? It seems there are two issues at play here, aside from the ever-present laggggg.

It was either a forever load screen or a hard freeze where nothing was moving and I had to force shut the client.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a complete game re install all 103gigs of it. Only took 84 minutes. Now i know it may not be feasiable for those with slow connectuons where it would takes days to reinstall but ever since i did this i had had 0 issues. No more lagging, audio sync issues gone, long load screens back to normal, no freezing and no force shutting down ps4. Idk if this is a temp fix vut for pass several days no issues. If the update this week doesnt fix your issues i suggest to delete game and reinstall it. Worked for me.

Im on ps4 btw
    Edited by Cêltic421 on July 16, 2018 7:28PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    I did a complete game re install all 103gigs of it. Only took 84 minutes. Now i know it may not be feasiable for those with slow connectuons where it would takes days to reinstall but ever since i did this i had had 0 issues. No more lagging, audio sync issues gone, long load screens back to normal, no freezing and no force shutting down ps4. Idk if this is a temp fix vut for pass several days no issues. If the update this week doesnt fix your issues i suggest to delete game and reinstall it. Worked for me.

Im on ps4 btw

No more freezing? I did this several years ago on Xbox and my game ran flawlessly! I may try this after the patch on Wednesday. Do a clean install.

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im on ps4 btw

I did this on PS4 aswell...worked great for a day...than right back same ol bs

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, a couple updates for you:
    • Tomorrow, we'll be publishing an incremental patch on PC/Mac that will include a number of stability fixes.
    • Wednesday, we'll have the console patch that will include the same stability fixes from the PC patch, in addition to a few more. Again, remember these are specifically for stability (crashing/freezing), not necessarily performance (like lag).
    • During both of these maintenances, we'll be fixing any accounts that originally purchased the Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motifs and weren't able to use them. We'll also be sending out items for those who logged in during the time the Daily Rewards weren't working properly earlier this month. Originally, we had planned to grant one 100% XP Scroll for each day logged in. However, after having some internal discussion and reading your feedback, we'll instead be granting one Ouroboros Crown Crate for each day logged in from July 1-3. This way, you can get some equivalent items from what was removed when we shortened the month (it was items like poisons). You can Gem these if you'd prefer, and also have a chance to get a cool mount or pet too.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At best scenario we are back to horrific lag spikes?

In the worst scenario that and these perma freezes + crashes!

Do you actually have an plan to FIX and FOCUS on your games performane issues?

That has gone to deaf ears for longtime now!

Also again whats the plan to compensate to your customers who have had malfunctioning product again for 6 weeks?

Did PS4 Cyrodiil tonight and freezes well I stopped counting them after 22nd time... GG ZoS!

In case you wonder how people feel about your product... well tons of negative comments on the PS4 Zonechat with pretty much 0 views that this product will ever get better...
    Edited by Miswar on July 16, 2018 11:29PM
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update!

[removed quote]

Getting stability fixes for "crashing/freezing" are as important as lag fixes. It is fair to think that these two separate issue will potentially need to be investigated and addressed separately.

Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 17, 2018 1:19PM
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyreal1974 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update!

[removed quote]
    Getting stability fixes for "crashing/freezing" are as important as lag fixes. It is fair to think that these two separate issue will potentially need to be investigated and addressed separately.

Kind of true than again these "performance" issues have been under review what few years now?

Maybe on status update when can we actually expect some results from this long investigation? We all know the answer for that one though........
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 17, 2018 1:20PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else afraid of what the patch might break?
    But thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for the update. It's better than silence
    Edited by valeriiya on July 17, 2018 1:16AM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Tomorrow, we'll be publishing an incremental patch on PC/Mac that will include a number of stability fixes.
    • Wednesday, we'll have the console patch that will include the same stability fixes from the PC patch, in addition to a few more. Again, remember these are specifically for stability (crashing/freezing), not necessarily performance (like lag).
    • During both of these maintenances, we'll be fixing any accounts that originally purchased the Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motifs and weren't able to use them. We'll also be sending out items for those who logged in during the time the Daily Rewards weren't working properly earlier this month. Originally, we had planned to grant one 100% XP Scroll for each day logged in. However, after having some internal discussion and reading your feedback, we'll instead be granting one Ouroboros Crown Crate for each day logged in from July 1-3. This way, you can get some equivalent items from what was removed when we shortened the month (it was items like poisons). You can Gem these if you'd prefer, and also have a chance to get a cool mount or pet too.

I sure hope it fixes the freezes! I logged on for an hour and have frozen 4 times within minutes. I even froze at a resource!

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the slideshow thing im sorry to say but that is 100% your computer not able to keep up with the game. and booted to login thats been happening forever and thats servers kicking for server load
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭

Im on ps4 btw

I did this on PS4 aswell...worked great for a day...than right back same ol bs

@xxthir13enxx Please say it ain't so lol. Still so far so good for me, hopefully itllnstay that way.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Aha, i see.
    But after that patch you cannot fix lag or asynchrony, coz you have to focus on the next dlc! And so on and so on! ;)

PS5|EU
  • Focilu
    Focilu
    Soul Shriven
    Experience Scroll in exchange for 5 crown crates... That's nice :/
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭

Cool if this works
    but considering ZOS latest achievements, i'm considering starting a guessing game "take a bet on what next patch will broke !" :(

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope this patch is tested before its actually put out on download, also crown crates that everyone most likely will only get potions out of? No offense, but that's just as much as a joke as the 100% scroll. It would be better off if you give players 1,000 crowns so they can actually go in store and buy something/ put it towards something they actually want. Loads of us have had to deal with stability in this game for years, and we have gotten used to the disappointment and lag, the fact this freezing has taken so long to be fixed is just the icing on the cake.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mishear Mahem was so fun last year once they added more campaigns. I sure hope it is fixed for this year!
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Tyreal1974 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update!

[removed quote]

Kind of true than again these "performance" issues have been under review what few years now?

Maybe on status update when can we actually expect some results from this long investigation? We all know the answer for that one though........

Very true about the updates and, in many cases, the lack of responses to player issues/feedback. I has amazed me how often the ZOS team requestes feedback from the customer but seems to be lackadaisical in responding back to the customers.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 17, 2018 1:21PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, a couple updates for you: ...

As there's nothing about this in the patch: Will you at least acknowledge at some point before the next century rolls around that there is a bug with disappearing walls and assets?

Or should we all file our bug reports under "crown store broken" so they get noticed?
  • djoser13
    djoser13
    Soul Shriven
    Do console players get Ouroboros Crown Crate for each day logged in from July 1-3 or is that for pc/mac only ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    djoser13 wrote: »
    Do console players get Ouroboros Crown Crate for each day logged in from July 1-3 or is that for pc/mac only ?

Yes, it's for everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why was nothing done about the existing Welkynar writs that had already dropped? Last year, when there was a similar bug (which involved sets that could not be crafted, rather than a motif that could not be crafted), you adjusted the existing writs after the patch. So I know you have the ability to make adjustments to the master writs already in the game. A similar fix should have been applied for this Welkynar error.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok I read the patch notes for the update tomorrow. The crash on keep destruction fix is good. Is "Fixed an occasional animation memory threading crash." linked to the problem involving freezes in combat that arnt related to the keep destruction crash?
    Edited by ezio45 on July 17, 2018 6:07PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok I read the patch notes for the update tomorrow. The crash on keep destruction fix is good. Is "Fixed an occasional animation memory threading crash." linked to the problem involving freezes in combat that arnt related to the keep destruction crash?

I hope so because last night I crashed on a resource.

This discussion has been closed.