The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaavaa wrote: »
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok. 5h Maintenance, 13GB Patch and still freezes, lags, more asynchronity as before and Gamecrashes to Dashboard. (Xbox One S and Xbox One X)

@all Console players. The best way is, don’t play this game anymore. It’s a big joke what Zos doing with us here, really.

But if we say, we don’t trust Zos anymore cause they are lying to us, we get a warning here or a ban. Are you serious Zos? Or tell us the truth and say; We don’t care about pvp players. So we can searching for a new game for us.

This is unacceptable.

Not much choice when it comes to playing it, I can't right now. The game is a complete dumpster fire every 5 minutes and I'm not about to spend my evenings resetting.
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Was so happy to play for 30min with no freezing.. Than 5min later i have restarted my Xbox 2 times after freeze.. Come on zeni? Just shut it down and use the time you need to fix this..
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm wired and do not PvP or have anything to do with group play, it's fine with me. Sure it freezes once in a while, but that's just an opportunity for cool screenshots.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

Okay @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, recent reports out of pvp indicate the freezing still persists. Can you please shed some light on what this patch was supposed to correct?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

Okay @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, recent reports out of pvp indicate the freezing still persists. Can you please shed some light on what this patch was supposed to correct?

I wonder what they think they improved?
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How quickly the advertisements appear for Crown Store items.
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I wonder what they think they improved?

• HungryMonkey007
    I find it interesting that they promised performance improvements in this patch, but then fail to mention them in the patch notes. My guess is that they didn't do anything.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just want to let you know that we have seen your reports of continued performance issues on the ESO console servers since this morning's incremental patch. We're investigating and will provide updates as we have them.

This morning's patch included the following miscellaneous performance fixes and improvements:
    Fixed some occasional game crashes and disconnects.
    Reduced the large FPS dips when moving into areas with many characters.
    Fixed an issue that would cause poor in-game performance whenever another player left or joined a large guild you were a member of.
    Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the environment and buildings around you to temporarily vanish.

Link to the Xbox Patch Notes | Link to the PS4 Patch Notes
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just want to let you know that we have seen your reports of continued performance issues on the ESO console servers since this morning's incremental patch. We're investigating and will provide updates as we have them.

This morning's patch included the following miscellaneous performance fixes and improvements:
    Fixed an issue that would cause poor in-game performance whenever another player left or joined a large guild you were a member of.
    Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the environment and buildings around you to temporarily vanish.

And yet, none of those miscellaneous items seem to be fixed.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Definitely not. Not at Outpost or Keep Walls in Cyrodiil.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Yes, we've passed along as much to the team, and appreciate you letting us know. @Sandman929 I see you're on Xbox One NA. @Jaavaa which console platform and server are you on?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going on week 3, for consoles anyway...quite the investigation. Hindsight and all that, but maybe some more time could be devoted to pre-investigation to avoid this kind of thing like what happened with the last update...and the one before that...and the one before that...and the one before that.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, we've passed along as much to the team, and appreciate you letting us know. @Sandman929 I see you're on Xbox One NA. @Jaavaa which console platform and server are you on?

Xbox EU. Freezes and Dashboard Kicks are still there too. And new; invisible Enemys at Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Jaavaa on June 20, 2018 7:36PM
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA - Im just not experiencing the issues that some people are. I know they exist, Because my friends have posted screenshots to our BAND app and ive been grouped with them when they have had to close app and reload...But the stuff ive experienced is very minor compared to what some of you are getting. A little lag/stutter in highly populated areas, Had to close app once during a trial, and one freeze while doing geysers in Summerset. I have a regular 500gb PS4, Nothing special...I guess im just lucky!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    it took me only to log out of my second toon for the game to crash, great patch gg. how hard is it to take the ***** thing down for as long as it takes to fix it? if it takes 2 days so be it, i dont care just fix it.
    Edited by ArpamiesFin on June 20, 2018 7:38PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going on week 3, for consoles anyway...quite the investigation.

giphy.gif

thanks sandman - i need that laugh...hahahahahahaha...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 20, 2018 7:45PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA doesn't seem to be too bad actually. Have had issues on EU though (where play most of the time), particularly FPS and freezing.
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    PS4 NA - Im just not experiencing the issues that some people are. I know they exist, Because my friends have posted screenshots to our BAND app and ive been grouped with them when they have had to close app and reload...But the stuff ive experienced is very minor compared to what some of you are getting. A little lag/stutter in highly populated areas, Had to close app once during a trial, and one freeze while doing geysers in Summerset. I have a regular 500gb PS4, Nothing special...I guess im just lucky!

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So two weeks later still broken. “We are investigating” is the same answer to broken pack leader morph from February.

What’s really bad is these things aren’t mentioned at all on the announcement page. 100’s of players on console dont go to the forums. They have no idea what’s happening with the game they pay you for. Now 2 weeks after patch and we have to wait for a “investigation” then patch when hits maybe in two weeks. So a full month of your broken PVP for us players.

Not only was everyone in my guild waiting for this update they are all now even more disgruntled. And I don’t blame them. I’m almost encouraging them to go elsewhere.

CWC was supposed to give us a good performance update. Nope long load screen for everyone. Rolled Back. Now this crap here.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing. Xbox one X. Eso on a SSD.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 20, 2018 7:53PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then again, your PvP so who cares... Just kidding. PvP was bad when I left a year and 1/2 ago so it's a bit disheartening that it still hasn't improved. I am sorry. On the plus side, at least it makes my "getting ganked" acceptable. Still depressing, but, acceptable...
    Koolio wrote: »

So two weeks later still broken. “We are investigating” is the same answer to broken pack leader morph from February.

What’s really bad is these things aren’t mentioned at all on the announcement page. 100’s of players on console dont go to the forums. They have no idea what’s happening with the game they pay you for. Now 2 weeks after patch and we have to wait for a “investigation” then patch when hits maybe in two weeks. So a full month of your broken PVP for us players.

Not only was everyone in my guild waiting for this update they are all now even more disgruntled. And I don’t blame them. I’m almost encouraging them to go elsewhere.

CWC was supposed to give us a good performance update. Nope long load screen for everyone. Rolled Back. Now this crap here.

• gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks for the link and rehash of the vague if not useless patch notes. Specifically now, were any of the “improvements” supposed to address the game-breaking freezes and stuttering on console that have been the subject of many posts on the forums?
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please stop! Just stop it! We have enough!
    With every single patch you make this game even worse!

Watch your fantastic patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_3gLRG_FO0

PS5|EU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks for the link and rehash of the vague if not useless patch notes. Specifically now, were any of the “improvements” supposed to address the game-breaking freezes and stuttering on console that have been the subject of many posts on the forums?

I re-looked through said vague patchnotes, and again, there was no mention of those problems.
  • HungryMonkey007

I stand corrected. I seems to have missed the subtle references. I'm not sure you understand the size of this issue. These are making PVP unplayable. The crashes, lag, and infinite load screens are not occasional, they are constant and this patch did not seem to fix any of it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't do those jobs as a favor to us. When they do it poorly, they aren't a protected class.

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 21, 2018 5:20PM
  • flynn420
    flynn420
    ✭✭✭
    They don't do those jobs as a favor to us. When they do it poorly, they aren't a protected class.

100%
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are just striving to have actual mayhem at the Midyear Mayhem event.
    That should be interesting, yes? Just a month away...
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got flamed so much on the Facebook groups by mindless trolls who just dump money in to ZOS pockets for warning of this exact situation. I told them of the BG problems on morrowind launch and zero developer feedback. I then proceed to wish this exact scenario on to them so they can realize that their stupid preorder mount won’t matter when you can’t play a game because it is so damn plagued at its base roots.

News flash, THEY DONT CARE if your game doesn’t work. If you’re lining their pockets and they’re seeing returns they will keep on taking as much as you will give them. Stop feeding this company money. I don’t understand how gaming had stooped so low that people just accept broken paid content and go about their day dumping money to these people.

Fix your damn base game because Black Desert Online is right around the corner and I want to continue playing ESO with my friends. At this rate you’re going to be hemorrhaging a dedicated player base who does care, but is growing frustrated by the second. Your silence and careless responses are deafening.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 20, 2018 8:55PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    They do, just not on things like this. If anything, they would refer you to the issues and solutions forums (or simply move your thread). They are, after all, managing the community, not managing the complaint department. If that was the case, with all the complaining I'm seeing, there wouldn't be time for anything else and then who would flag you for baiting, profanity, bullying or flaming.
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but shouldn't Community Managers be somewhat invested in managing the community? Communication and all that? @ZOS_GinaBruno is there ever going to be a mention, even in passing, regarding the absolute disaster that Summerset has brought?

I tend to think
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but shouldn't Community Managers be somewhat invested in managing the community? Communication and all that? @ZOS_GinaBruno is there ever going to be a mention, even in passing, regarding the absolute disaster that Summerset has brought?

I tend to think Gina hates this as much as we do. I'm sure she'd love a day where everything was "working as intended" :(
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol just woke up to see 60 notifications on this thread.

I'm guessing it's still a bad time to enter cyrodill? :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.