Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Update on Steam Login Issues

• Willem 1982
    Issue has been resolved... for now
    Edited by Willem 1982 on June 19, 2018 10:55PM
    Recruiter & Sergeant - Tamriel Outcasts
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭

Really? Then why the hell I cant still log in? Who else can't login of those for whom the game was unavailable today?
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I JUST GOT ONLINE. Not coz they fixed it but because I bypassed steam login.

Steamapps-Common-Zenimax Online-Launcher-Behesda.net_launcher
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • llgll
    llgll
    I think, they have a private Feud with Valve : Valve demands more , Zos does not give,Valve blocks his path OR Valve is on the reciving and, stands up and say"no more" and ZOS continues with bullshiting...
    BOTH Companys needs to be observed in this case, both of them lack in communication, which, if you have them as Employer, were sueable for mobbing.I am at some point now, to go, leave it, it is more frustration than Fun atm. and why should i pay for frustration ?

I think all of us are frustrated with it all. Valve doesn't deserve more imo if this is the service they give, despite their personal issues with ESO. I'll never purchase from Steam again for this. This is horrible service. Eso needs to just break ties and bring all their players together on one server. That way they can have better monitoring instead of dealing with third-parties and having to deal with their shii. ESO is too good and too big a game to have to deal with this, and could do so much better if they would just be more efficient in running their game.

• fleta_ow
    fleta_ow
    Soul Shriven
    OverDream wrote: »

Really? Then why the hell I cant still log in? Who else can't login of those for whom the game was unavailable today?

Maybe try again? I could log in just now.
    Edited by fleta_ow on June 19, 2018 11:03PM
  • llgll
    llgll
    Golnebo wrote: »
    Im currently logged in. Seems 'fixed' for now.

Only took 242 complaints and so many hours xD omg
  • llgll
    llgll
    Logged in. Thank jeezus
    Edited by llgll on June 19, 2018 11:15PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    llgll wrote: »
    I JUST GOT ONLINE. Not coz they fixed it but because I bypassed steam login.

Steamapps-Common-Zenimax Online-Launcher-Behesda.net_launcher

How did you do this unless you bought via the main site? I tried and it is telling me I can't login because I have bought the game through steam....

one more folder step. the 3 headed aurobourus icon

[folder]-not folder

[Steamapps]-[Common]-[Zenimax Online]-[Launcher]-Bethesda.net_launcher

you then need to use user name and password to log in, and then you get an email passcode. I just jumped back to desktop for a sec to make sure you guys weren't still having trouble
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send me the now-retired Frost Mare and all is forgiven.

Crown crate. Pshhh. Might as well say "Let them eat cake!" (historical inaccuracy notwithstanding).
  • neekee
    neekee
    ✭✭
    Good.

Statement about current status and future plans on the issue now please.
  • ChioARC
    ChioARC
    Hi.
    I can log in now but i have a lot of lag, so i can`t play.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just to give you a quick update, we are continuing to work with Steam to make sure you can log in - and stay logged in with a good gaming experience. We want everyone to be able to play as much as you do.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cravencat
    Cravencat
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the quick update! I'm sure this issue is complicated. Hopefully you will find a long-term solution soon.
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, just to give you a quick update, we are continuing to work with Steam to make sure you can log in - and stay logged in with a good gaming experience. We want everyone to be able to play as much as you do.

So, have you fixed the issue once and for all or you still don't have the info on what causes this issues?
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

you know how much I play..?
    do you watch me??

...are you watching me now..? :-o

PS 1 measley crown crate is a joke. It's like hitting someone with your car then putting a plaster ("band aid") on them and driving off. 1 crate per hour of downtime is far more appropriate.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on June 20, 2018 2:22AM
    PCMR EU.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭

do you watch me??

PS 1 measley crown crate is a joke. It's like hitting someone with your car then putting a plaster ("band aid") on them and driving off. 1 crate per hour of downtime is far more appropriate.

What is your expectation if I may know? I am thinking a free mount of choice or perhaps crowns (in regardless how many hours of downtime experienced)
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthemis wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

Also I find it kind of funny (I find it kind of sad) that small indie studios (that i know of) integrated similar authentication without problems but a big company like ZOS/Bethesda is unable to do it.

@Arthemis

You are assuming small indie studios take authentication as seriously.
  • Kronoloz
    Kronoloz
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe ZOS should let and help people transfer their eso acounts from steam to zos?
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I and my guildmates succesfully logged in now.
    PC/EU
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was able to log in just now.. hope they continue to work on this so it doesn’t happen again though :/
    PC EU
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Cravencat wrote: »
    Thank you for the quick update! I'm sure this issue is complicated. Hopefully you will find a long-term solution soon.

Quick update? Are you freaking kidding me? The last communication we got from ZoS about this issue was 9 hours before that which in itself was 4 hours after the issue was discovered. Don't you dare give them credit for their silence!
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    idk wrote: »
    Arthemis wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

Also I find it kind of funny (I find it kind of sad) that small indie studios (that i know of) integrated similar authentication without problems but a big company like ZOS/Bethesda is unable to do it.

@Arthemis

You are assuming small indie studios take authentication as seriously.

It's actually a reasonable assumption as they would be more adversely affected by issues than a large company with deeper coffers
  • S_Ravenlock
    S_Ravenlock
    ✭✭✭

do you watch me??

I think the best solution would be to give Steam users a free copy of the ZoS version, since adding a copy of the ZoS version to your account allows you to bypass Steam. At the moment people are paying $10 for that, which is just silly.
    On top of that there should be a free month of ESO+ including the usual amount of crowns. People can then pick their own reward and won't have to rely on gambling.

This would solve the problem for once and for all and might get some people to change their review on Steam to a positive one just before the big Steam summer sale hits....
    Mirianna Valoran, Templar, EU
  • Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if they could completely (more or less) solve the login issues with Steam, but I was able to login an hour ago. Maybe it's just a temporary state or I was just lucky, I don't know. But I hope that we all will be able to play today.

The free crate is a good start, but it won't make up several hours while we weren't able to play at all.
    I understand that such problems like this can happen anytime, especially with an MMO, and I also understand that it takes time to resolve it. I only have one request for ZOS: Please. Communicate. With. Us. Tell us what's going on, how do you progress, any sign or response would be appreciated, even if you're not getting closer to solving the problem. Just let us know that you're doing something. The lack of communication isn't gonna calm the players down.

Best would be just get rid of the Steam authentication.

Anyways, I hope you'll be able to figure something out, I wish you good luck with that, and as for the playerbase, I wish you a lot of patience.

PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone missing a crate this makes me happy. I am wondering why this covo with Steam didn't happen a very long time ago though. This also dramatically affected our server emp race and that can't be fixed.
    Edited by merevie on June 20, 2018 10:18AM
  • Nobleshield
    Nobleshield
    Soul Shriven
    So according to a closed thread (which linked to another closed thread, which linked here) ZOS says you can use the Web Assistant to contact support to unlink Steam accounts. The Web Assistant, however, doesn't give you the "Next" option if you say it's not within 7 days of linking, only if you answer "Yes" to the question Is this request within 7 days of linking?. So.. can we only unlink the account if it's within 7 days?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about renewing eso plus through the web store not steam? Would it sync the accounts that way? Anyone confirm?
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak for myself, because my account is with Bethesda, but many of my friends and guild mates use Steam and we can't play together. How many times has happened by now? Countless. And a solution is giving a crate for free? Come on. There is people tired of this all, people who would pay money for migrate their accounts out of Steam. After all, you transfer our accounts including all characters on the PTS server and happens without permission, I don't think this is difficult to do. I'm sorry but has happened too many times this year, and people deserve more attention than just this.
  • S_Ravenlock
    S_Ravenlock
    ✭✭✭
    So according to a closed thread (which linked to another closed thread, which linked here) ZOS says you can use the Web Assistant to contact support to unlink Steam accounts. The Web Assistant, however, doesn't give you the "Next" option if you say it's not within 7 days of linking, only if you answer "Yes" to the question Is this request within 7 days of linking?. So.. can we only unlink the account if it's within 7 days?

That seems to be the case. Unless you are within 7 days of linking you do not even get the option to open a ticket. Amazing customer service, that is.
    Mirianna Valoran, Templar, EU
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Today played 2 hours with steam account :) yesterday also...
    I have installed the game through steam, but never played through it. I selected to run Launcher directly from the STEAM folder, then used my ESO login and pass from account...
    Try it, for me it works fine.