The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please LOSE the Commercial

• whisperity
    whisperity
    ✭✭
    If you install No, thank you! and enable turning off the advertising alert in the settings, it won't pop up.
    Actually, sometimes if your computer is slow, it will pop up, but get closed like almost immediately...
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    I'm guessing this be on ps4 to? Something tells me ZOS is forced to do this, (same with crown crates) by the higher up bosses.

Actually, I'm on PC and it pops up every single time I log in. At least give me the option to turn it off or show me where that option is. I can't find it anywhere.

Lol, that will never happen. Do you get the option to skip commercials on live TV? People dont seem to understand the monster that is advertisement, and how little the people in charge of it care. Watch "The Invention of Lieing" to get an idea of what honest commercials would be like. Everything is the best, and if one person every day is convinced to buy, the in-your-face adds are working as intended, and very unlikely to go away. I'm not a fan of it either, but I dont let little things detract from my fun, because there is more in this world to worry about.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this be on ps4 to? Something tells me ZOS is forced to do this, (same with crown crates) by the higher up bosses.

Actually, I'm on PC and it pops up every single time I log in. At least give me the option to turn it off or show me where that option is. I can't find it anywhere.

Lol, that will never happen. Do you get the option to skip commercials on live TV? People dont seem to understand the monster that is advertisement, and how little the people in charge of it care. Watch "The Invention of Lieing" to get an idea of what honest commercials would be like. Everything is the best, and if one person every day is convinced to buy, the in-your-face adds are working as intended, and very unlikely to go away. I'm not a fan of it either, but I dont let little things detract from my fun, because there is more in this world to worry about.

Have you heard of DVR? There’s a reason people are moving over to Netflix and other stream services, these methods of advertising are no longer useful or acceptable to a large portion of consumers.
  • LemonSquishie
    LemonSquishie
    ✭✭
    We don't need a popup spammed in our faces each time we login. I don't mind after a maintenance or something ONCE. This ad is so annoying.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they make you do a quest to get rid of it judging from people's reactions. Just press ONE BUTTON MAN! You press like a million throughout your session, this is just ONE of em!. Think of it as a finger warmup xD
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Have you heard of DVR? There’s a reason people are moving over to Netflix and other stream services, these methods of advertising are no longer useful or acceptable to a large portion of consumers.

Right, that's why I moved to Netflix and PAY for watching without commercials and therefore also I moved to ESO and PAY for playing without commercials, not even mentioning my monthly sub I'm PAYING also!

This is NOT a FTP-game, you buy it and PAY and don't need any stupid commercial (for things most of the time you have already bought...).

just saying B)
    Edited by woufff on June 17, 2018 6:35PM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right in that it will never happen. But this is a game, and I really don't need, or want, stuff in the game like this. If I want ads, I'll load up Internet Explorer (or whatever they call it these days) and surf the web. When I start to see this stuff in the games, like what ZOS is doing now, this becomes one of the "more in this world to worry about" things that I play games to get away from. I just want to play the game. That's it. I just want to play the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really hate this huge ad blocking my screen everytime I log in or switch to alts for crafting or whatever. It's tedious and annoying and the stupid reminder I have to click to exit really riles me.

Please fix this soon.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZO$ are just stalling for time now and hoping that this thead dies. Sad. Really sad.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its pretty sad what we have to do because just logging in and out of the game is stressfull in itself.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, what is better to shove in our faces the moment we come out of that 5 minute load screen? A huge full screen ad promoting something most of us already bought. I agree with the "this is obnoxious, and annoying crowd". Honestly, if this keeps up, I'll cancel my sub the same way I canceled my cable TV subscription because I am not going to pay monthly to watch 25 minutes of commercials and 35 minutes of a TV show. I have enough mats already banked that I wouldn't need to worry about the crafting bag for quite some time, and already own all the chapters/dlc.
    Edited by Diminish on June 18, 2018 12:22AM
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me is that it shows every time I login a new character! I have 14 characters on one account and 12 on the other and check them all atleast once per day and have to be bugged by that every time.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commercial is creating lag for about 5-10 seconds for me. Guess it's like a mini browser that has to download and display content (ads) and like a real webpage that can sometimes take some time :( I don't need that on EVERY login yrgh :(

Personally I think it would be more appropriate to show the ad when you click to receive the daily reward. Don't want to see the ad? Decline and don't click to receive the reward. Want the reward? Accept and click to see the ad. I think that would be a fair trade off.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on June 18, 2018 1:56AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Commercial is creating lag for about 5-10 seconds for me. Guess it's like a mini browser that has to download and display content (ads) and like a real webpage that can sometimes take some time :( I don't need that on EVERY login yrgh :(

Personally I think it would be more appropriate to show the ad when you click to receive the daily reward. Don't want to see the ad? Decline and don't click to receive the reward. Want the reward? Accept and click to see the ad. I think that would be a fair trade off.

Not a 'fair' trade off, advertising in a game I have paid for (and pay a subscription for) is totally unacceptable!

There are several other routes that are being used, like the launcher, the crown store & direct mail (for those opted in), if these are not enough, then there is either an issue with the adverts or the product & no end of 'in your face' advertising is going to fix that!
    Edited by Gythral on June 18, 2018 2:23AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , Just wondering if we could get an update on the decrease of the number of times we see this ad per day. How much closer are we to seeing this happen?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , Just wondering if we could get an update on the decrease of the number of times we see this ad per day. How much closer are we to seeing this happen?

Very close - it's in tomorrow's PC patch and Wednesday's console patch. Thanks for your patience, all! Took a bit of coding time to get done.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Tamriel will look like in the future.

The_Internet.jpg
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

I read the first sentence and stopped. You obviously didn't read my post, or didn't comprehend. I stated specifically live TV.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very close - it's in tomorrow's PC patch and Wednesday's console patch. Thanks for your patience, all! Took a bit of coding time to get done.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in to PC NA with HideLoginAnnouncement disabled and there was no popup ad. Beyond that I cannot say.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in after the patch with 5 chars (to get my mats) and with each login the popup was there.... So, I'd say: fail.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I logged in after the patch with 5 chars (to get my mats) and with each login the popup was there.... So, I'd say: fail.

Do you have a daily login reward to claim? If so, it'll keep appearing until you retrieve it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you claim your reward?
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

Worked correctly for me, I got the popup on the first login after the patch (to be expected) but my second login on another character, I got no popup. Do you still have the reward pending? You will still get the popup if, the featured products changed, or if the available reward remains unclaimed...

• dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Works for me. Much better this way.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one character, and tend to only login once (unless I get kicked out due to a bug). This ad still annoys me. At least get rid of it for ESO+ maybe?

Also annoying is that you have to claim your daily rewards. Why don't they get auto claimed when you dismiss the ad window - like when you buy a new DLC and get free items stuff added to your collection automatically? Don't answer that, I know why - the whole daily rewards thing was not to reward loyal players, but to trick them into opening the crown store - just like the Crown Crate giveaways.

With each major update I feel less like a player, and more like a resource. I know this is a company trying to make as much money as possible - but at least give us the illusion...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I only have one character, and tend to only login once (unless I get kicked out due to a bug). This ad still annoys me. At least get rid of it for ESO+ maybe?

Also annoying is that you have to claim your daily rewards. Why don't they get auto claimed when you dismiss the ad window - like when you buy a new DLC and get free items stuff added to your collection automatically? Don't answer that, I know why - the whole daily rewards thing was not to reward loyal players, but to trick them into opening the crown store - just like the Crown Crate giveaways.

With each major update I feel less like a player, and more like a resource. I know this is a company trying to make as much money as possible - but at least give us the illusion...

They don't get auto claimed because their sole purpose is to get you to look at the giant ad.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they unaware that most of us already own what they're advertising for and don't really want a flaming kitten? While I appreciate knowing what's there, honestly, if we already have it, you should already know it and not be trying to sell it to us again. At least those of us with subscriptions.
    Jaraal wrote: »

They don't get auto claimed because their sole purpose is to get you to look at the giant ad.

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 pages. Unreal.

ZOS is a business. They need to make money. One clicky upon login about Crown Store offerings isn't game breaking. Chances are you click about 100x more than this in one Stamblade rotation.

It is not unethical or unheard of for a company to have some self promotion in their content. The amount of complaining in this thread borders on the absurd. Get over it.

I think it if they don't limit this ad to once a day, than it's over-the-top pushiness that makes them deserve to lose whatever customers they do. Good salespersons aren't pushy to this extent because it becomes harassment after awhile and a nuisance. 1 time a day is reasonable as they are a business that needs to make sales.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Are they unaware that most of us already own what they're advertising for and don't really want a flaming kitten? While I appreciate knowing what's there, honestly, if we already have it, you should already know it and not be trying to sell it to us again. At least those of us with subscriptions.
    Jaraal wrote: »

Yeah it blows my mind that a multi million dollar company doesn't have the tech savvy to tailor ads to hide what people have already purchased and only show stuff I can actually buy.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.