The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC got maintenance today. Meanwhile, on console...

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/uF88Gkx5qrw

In addition to that lagtastic moment at the beginning, I got booted from the server for “spamming” too many messages. As you can see just before the crash to the login screen, two of my teammates were booted out as well. RIP daily rewards.

I understand that we’re getting maintenance tomorrow (and appreciate it very much!), but don’t you think we’re kind of the priority at this point? :( PVP has been riddled with problems since Summerset’s launch, and it’s so frustrating.

I know Steam users on PC are having problems at the moment as well, but really...
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny thing is we’re probably getting a patch from two weeks ago and not one that actually fixes any current issues lol
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, freezes are happening. But they will figure it out ;)
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezes and stutter and poor performance has been happening all over. I sent in a report when I noticed that ESO was using about 57% memory. That can't be right.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunge wrote: »

I know.

My point is that we seem to be waiting an awfully long time for our fix, while PC has been patched multiple times now.

Before anyone brings up the patch certification BS, Sony and Microsoft apparently offer same-day patch certification... https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-and-microsoft-now-offer-same-day-patch-certification-for-developers.42665/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Aurielle wrote: »

I know.

My point is that we seem to be waiting an awfully long time for our fix, while PC has been patched multiple times now.

Before anyone brings up the patch certification BS, Sony and Microsoft apparently offer same-day patch certification... https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-and-microsoft-now-offer-same-day-patch-certification-for-developers.42665/

There's a lot of details missing in that tweet. That said, console is getting a patch tomorrow with most - if not all - of the fixes PC has received, and there will be performance improvements included.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know.

There's a lot of details missing in that tweet. That said, console is getting a patch tomorrow with most - if not all - of the fixes PC has received, and there will be performance improvements included.

As long as one of those fixes is the freezing I would be a lot happier
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

I know.

Thanks for the info :)
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know.

What performance improvements specifically? Will these improvements help the stuttering and the crashes to the Xbox dashboard? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: Furthermore, why do other cross-platform games I play get patched the same day on all platforms? If the tweet is missing details then fill us in. You constantly make yourselves look like the bad guys by being so vague and withholding information.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 19, 2018 2:02PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

I appreciate the fact that we as gamers don’t know all the details when it comes to the console patching certification process. It’s just frustrating to see other games on console getting rapid patches for game-breaking issues while those of us here in ESO are freezing in place every five minutes and getting booted from the server, you know? :(

Thanks for passing along the info, in any case. I really hope tomorrow’s patch will bring an end to the frequent freezing and crashing. I appreciate the hard work the team puts into the game. <3 I just wish Summerset hadn’t launched with so many game-breaking issues. :( I also really wish we had a console PTS, so these issues could be identified and worked on sooner...
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭

I know.

Any new for steam? Any decency to tell us when will they fix it?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

I know.

Yeah, we have some fixes for crashes, disconnects, FPS issues in populated areas, and the invisible building/environment issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil was pretty rough last night. Super long loading screens while riding on my mount and sometimes in active combat.

PS4 NA. I’m hopeful these updates will help.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know.

tbh as long as this patch delivers in happy (tho not as happy as if they included a sloads nerf *cough*), we had to wait like 2 weeks back when everyone was having those loadscreen issues. this seems pretty quick if it actually helps
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

Yeah, we have some fixes for crashes, disconnects, FPS issues in populated areas, and the invisible building/environment issue.

Will the screen freezes that last for 5+ seconds be addressed as well, plus the random loading screens in Cyrodiil when riding from point a to point b? Both of those issues don’t appear to be associated with server load, as they’re happening during off-peak hours. I even get the screen freezes when I’m questing in out of the way areas, and don’t see anyone else in my immediate vicinity.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

I know.

What performance improvements specifically? Will these improvements help the stuttering and the crashes to the Xbox dashboard? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: Furthermore, why do other cross-platform games I play get patched the same day on all platforms? If the tweet is missing details then fill us in. You constantly make yourselves look like the bad guys by being so vague and withholding information.

Cross-platform games share the same servers, so they are naturally patched at the same time. FF14 i.e., people on ps3, ps4 and pc play on the exactly same servers, so its natural that patchs occur at the same time (daaa).
    ESO is not a cross platform game, is a game available on 3 platforms, but each one is its own environment. So, pretty normal things occur on different dates.
    And my personal opinion, no company should share every little detail with their customers, its basically a recipe for failure. There are important things that should stay in-house, for the business sake and security.
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

Cross-platform games share the same servers, so they are naturally patched at the same time. FF14 i.e., people on ps3, ps4 and pc play on the exactly same servers, so its natural that patchs occur at the same time (daaa).
    ESO is not a cross platform game, is a game available on 3 platforms, but each one is its own environment. So, pretty normal things occur on different dates.
    And my personal opinion, no company should share every little detail with their customers, its basically a recipe for failure. There are important things that should stay in-house, for the business sake and security.

While I agree that companies have no obligation to share every little detail within their customers, I would be interested to know why some developers are able (willing?) to use Sony and Microsoft’s same day patch certification capabilities, while others are not. If I were a betting gal, I’d speculate that rapid patching is more expensive for developers than standard patching.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

I know.

While I agree that companies have no obligation to share every little detail within their customers, I would be interested to know why some developers are able (willing?) to use Sony and Microsoft’s same day patch certification capabilities, while others are not. If I were a betting gal, I’d speculate that rapid patching is more expensive for developers than standard patching.

Probably is, but games have different architectures, coding, libraries, etc
    Everything can be an enabler or blocker for this. Imagine a game as big as ESO, with 60 gb client side, you can wonder how is the server side... huge at least.
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know.

I'm not asking for every little detail. She came out and said that the tweet was lacking details, which is a deflection of responsibility and then refuses to give any more information. If you're going to deny responsibility then give evidence. If you have no evidence to provide then do not throw out the claim that it is not your fault.

Other games that are available on 3 platforms just like ESO is, multiple platforms which is what i meant by cross-platform, still get patched on the same day. So why is this game different? What is the reason? What is the explanation?
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 19, 2018 2:41PM
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

I know.

I'm not asking for every little detail. She came out and said that the tweet was lacking details, which is a deflection of responsibility and then refuses to give any more information. If you're going to deny responsibility then give evidence. If you have no evidence to provide then do not throw out the claim that it is not your fault.

And I play other games that are available on 3 platforms just like ESO is, multiple platforms which is what i meant by cross-platform, that still get patched on the same day. So why is this game different?

Because its a different game ;)
    Tera have different patches on PC and PS4, also NW. Nothing new or wrong here.

About cross-platform on video games:

"n video games, cross-platform play, or cross-play, is a term used to describe the ability of a video game with an online gaming component that allows players using different video game hardware to play with each other simultaneously. It is commonly applied to the ability for players using a game on a specific video game console to play alongside a player on a different hardware platform such as another console or a computer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-platform_play

It's a common market term for years now ;)
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

I just wanted to say hi and send my thanks to all of you guys and gals over there trying to fix things and make things better for us all since deep down no matter how much we hate "dislike" broken things in the game, we still love ESO.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know.

And I play other games that are available on 3 platforms just like ESO is, multiple platforms which is what i meant by cross-platform, that still get patched on the same day. So why is this game different?

"n video games, cross-platform play, or cross-play, is a term used to describe the ability of a video game with an online gaming component that allows players using different video game hardware to play with each other simultaneously. It is commonly applied to the ability for players using a game on a specific video game console to play alongside a player on a different hardware platform such as another console or a computer."

Lmao i used the wrong term from the gaming lexicon to describe a game on multiple platforms so other forum user responds in as condescending a matter possible. Great stuff. I bet you're popular at the office.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

why did it take so long to get this answer? this game is a mess.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

I know.

Lmao i used the wrong term from the gaming lexicon to describe a game on multiple platforms so other forum user responds in as condescending a matter possible. Great stuff. I bet you're popular at the office.

It's always good to make things clear, so people do not mix up things.
    Also, its clear now that you finally saw your ignorance regarding gaming industry, and now attacked me just because I corrected you and your "guessing" regarding game patching, as anyone that have no clue about what is talking about does.
    And coincidentally, yeah people actually like me at my office :D
    Edited by EölMPK on June 19, 2018 2:55PM
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭
    There is literally a yellow box on top of the forums saying that there will be a patch for consoles tomorrow.

https://prnt.sc/jwrx3s

Yet again spewing pointless drama for some attention.
    Edited by The_Red_Viper on June 19, 2018 3:07PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know.

Also, its clear now that you finally saw your ignorance regarding gaming industry, and now attacked me just because I corrected you and your "guessing" regarding game patching, as anyone that have no clue about what is talking about does.

It wasn't ignorance, I merely had a term wrong. I still understand game patching completely. There are other games that get patched on PC and Xbox on the same day. The winky faces and condescending remarks was an attack on me way before my attack on you.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is literally a yellow box on top of the forums saying that there will be a patch for consoles tomorrow.

jwrx3s

Probably because we've been promised these performance improvements before and we know there's a good chance that we will have to *** and whine and moan again to get any sort of acknowledgement that what they did didn't work at all.

We've been through this before and we are just kind of tired of it.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

I know.

It wasn't ignorance, I merely had a term wrong. I still understand game patching completely. There are other games that get patched on PC and Xbox on the same day. The winky faces and condescending remarks was an attack on me way before my attack on you.

Lol!!! Millenium generation right?
    If a wink is an attack, dude this world is lost lol
    Give us the 80's and 90's back!!!!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know.

Lol!!! Millenium generation right?
    If a wink is an attack, dude this world is lost lol
    Give us the 80's and 90's back!!!!

Your remarks were no less rude than mine. You just cloaked yours behind condescension. The intention is obvious.

Also LOL at claiming i attacked you then getting all uppity and calling me a snowflake when i accuse you of the same. Rich stuff.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 19, 2018 3:10PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know.

Probably is, but games have different architectures, coding, libraries, etc
    Everything can be an enabler or blocker for this. Imagine a game as big as ESO, with 60 gb client side, you can wonder how is the server side... huge at least.

What does the size of the game have to do with patches? Patches are usually fairly small relative to the overall size of the game.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://prnt.sc/jwrx3s

You missed the point of the thread, and you also didn’t read the OP (if you did, you’ll note that I ackowledged we have patch maintenance tomorrow). Console should really be the priority right now. It’s frustrating that other console games can get rapid patches, and we can’t.