The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pve event is over. Let's get a PvP one going.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Isn't that what Midyear Mayhem is about?

Correct, and it's going to be on the PTS later this week for testing. :smile:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oooh interesting. I don't play pvp but I might try it this year during the event to unlock some skills and possibly buy some ap stuff.
    PS5 EU.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm...what's to test? Unless, they are making changes to how it was ran last year.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent more time in PvP during this event than I do in any other. I had a lot of characters to do PvP dailies on. Midyear Mayhem seems like it will consist of a lot of queuing...
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Hmm...what's to test? Unless, they are making changes to how it was ran last year.

Mainly if the XP boost/scroll works in all situations, if drops are dropping as expected, that sort of thing. You could couple testing with some of the new BG changes, too. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP seems kind of left out, double alliance points or anything new would be much needed. Seems kind if sad when the game was advertised fully on it's PvP component.

What's sad is that dialies in pve and pvp counted the same and you didn't notice. Or is me responding to an obvious troll post the sad part? Is this a virtual tea bag? I didn't deserve that.

Dailies in pvp vary quite differently. We have to kill 20 wardens to receive one bag..Or 20 NB or 20 sorcs. Most people play NB so imagine if you can't find the class you need to kill

Or get 10 boxes out of a town doing simple fetch quests. Plus some PvP equipment to decon or maybe even use.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »
    PvP motifs were in the event. This wasn’t a PvE event. You could do Cyro daily quests

No pvper cares about motifs. We wanna fight!

Not true at all. Some people can enjoy PVPing AND crafting? Clearly not you.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What 'drops' from this event? Motifs? I was unable to participate last year.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Midyear+Mayhem
    Edited by Soleya on April 23, 2018 10:27PM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    PvP seems kind of left out, double alliance points or anything new would be much needed. Seems kind if sad when the game was advertised fully on it's PvP component.

LOL No it wasn't - but I do agree with it being fair to have more PVP events!

PvP was indeed one of the few main aspects that ESO was advertised around. Go look at the original ESO PC retail boxes; the back was partially covered with an image of, you guessed it, Cyrodiil pvp. Several ads and interviews before ESO’s release also mentioned the game having massive, open world pvp to look forward to.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

LOL No it wasn't - but I do agree with it being fair to have more PVP events!

PvP was indeed one of the few main aspects that ESO was advertised around. Go look at the original ESO PC retail boxes; the back was partially covered with an image of, you guessed it, Cyrodiil pvp. Several ads and interviews before ESO’s release also mentioned the game having massive, open world pvp to look forward to.

The back of the box had PvP as a part of its description, along with adventuring and questing. Inside the front cover it mentioned PvP, dungeons and adventuring alone. PvP was certainly part of the marketing, but by no means the main part. Its significance was greatly reduced in the description on the back of the Tamriel Unlimited box.

That said, the game does have PvP-centred events with one coming imminently as already mentioned, and with PvPers able to benefit fully from other events such as the recent one that involved greatly increased activity in Cyrodiil by all accounts. Battlegrounds are coming next month to the base game, so while I can at times sympathise with PvPers unhappy at the lack of focus on their area of the game, this is not one of those times. At heart, however, ESO is a PvE-centred game derived from a PvE CRPG series, with PvP options, and that was fairly reflected in the marketing.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's sad is that dialies in pve and pvp counted the same and you didn't notice. Or is me responding to an obvious troll post the sad part? Is this a virtual tea bag? I didn't deserve that.

Dailies in pvp vary quite differently. We have to kill 20 wardens to receive one bag..Or 20 NB or 20 sorcs. Most people play NB so imagine if you can't find the class you need to kill

Whenever a pver gets mad that they are getting killed doing the cyrodil town quests, they get lit up. It's a pvp zone, blah blah blah. I don't like pvp so I avoided them. In a pve cyrodil, I would have farmed them all. Now it's time to count those quests as pvp and it's not happening. Not sure what to say.

The real key here is that crafting is not pve. It's just p. There are no monsters, obstacles or mission for there to be a versus. We were bored with it too. The 60 box+ a day crowd was just click clicking away. It was more of doing chores than gaming. So if you wanted a massive amount of boxes in a short time, you could have done the chores too. No pve included. With a solid set-up you can get through 8 toons in a half hour for 48 boxes. I probably got 5 a day outside of crafting. Loved getting those 5 though.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Midyear+Mayhem

They need a crusader armor motif to drop in honor of Pelinal.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical selfish PVP post.

The event itself was ambiguous. You could get it from doing any daily quests, whether you were a crafter, whether you did battleground and Cyro dailies, whether or not you did worldboss dailies.

As others have said there are myriad reasons PVP events are not more frequent. Lag increases tenfold, and so on and so fourth.

Expand your interests beyond PVP and you'd likely be happier.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The event itself was ambiguous. You could get it from doing any daily quests, whether you were a crafter, whether you did battleground and Cyro dailies, whether or not you did worldboss dailies.

As others have said there are myriad reasons PVP events are not more frequent. Lag increases tenfold, and so on and so fourth.

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ping over 1000 :D
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've posted that before. My point does not change. Expand your interests or learn to live with disappointment.

In any case, midyear mayhem is coming shortly. As it was planned to.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 24, 2018 1:59AM
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've posted that before. My point does not change. Expand your interests or learn to live with disappointment.

I know but It is once a year and we see multiple pve events. There should be equal number of pvp events even if they are as simple as doubling telvar or ap. Because equality matters right?
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know but It is once a year and we see multiple pve events. There should be equal number of pvp events even if they are as simple as doubling telvar or ap. Because equality matters right?

...Okay first off lets deconstruct -why- there are not more PVP events.

Lag like you wouldn't believe. Trouble incentivizing PVP beyond doublel AP and Tel-Var. Believe it or not, it takes some creative stuff to get people into PVP at this point.

There's a reason PVP does not get more events and your blatently ignoring it for the sake of 'equality'.

And while I'm on 'equality' get that crap out of here. 'Equality' even if it's detrimental to the litteral server archetecture? I dont think so. That's pointless and detrimental to everyone

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lag like you wouldn't believe. Trouble incentivizing PVP beyond doublel AP and Tel-Var. Believe it or not, it takes some creative stuff to get people into PVP at this point.

There's a reason PVP does not get more events and your blatently ignoring it for the sake of 'equality'.

And while I'm on 'equality' get that crap out of here. 'Equality' even if it's detrimental to the litteral server archetecture? I dont think so. That's pointless and detrimental to everyone

You do not have to be hostile in a friendly thread. Lag is no excuse for there not to be events. Secondly, why does it have to be creative?
    Edited by Micah_Bayer on April 24, 2018 2:07AM
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the pvp population is too small to justify having whole events in ESO, and i would hate to be locked out of even more content if there was pvp events because i avoid cyrodiil and battlegrounds like the plague!!! i went to cyrodiil to get my 2 free skill points and thats it. i have never been to the sewers either.
    it is such a shame really, literally being locked out of content i paid for but cannot enjoy. i would like to explore that area and collect skyshards and do quests and such but i cant go there because of the pvp element. it just doesnt interest me and pvp has no place in the elder scrolls games!
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    the pvp population is too small to justify having whole events in ESO, and i would hate to be locked out of even more content if there was pvp events because i avoid cyrodiil and battlegrounds like the plague!!! i went to cyrodiil to get my 2 free skill points and thats it. i have never been to the sewers either.
    it is such a shame really, literally being locked out of content i paid for but cannot enjoy. i would like to explore that area and collect skyshards and do quests and such but i cant go there because of the pvp element. it just doesnt interest me and pvp has no place in the elder scrolls games!

Your opinion. I quite enjoy pvp. And I wouldn't say the community is small. Might he small compared to the pve community, but it's got pop locked campaigns full of people.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do not have to be hostile in a friendly thread. Lag is no excuse for there not to be events. Secondly, why does it have to be creative?

Firstly, lag is a great excuse for there not to be events. A great excuse. Because when PVP starts to lag, so does the rest of the game, and thennnn there's anger across the board. This game allready has lag issues.

And it has to be creative because truth be told? The audience for PVP is small, and it takes a big reward to get people to walk in who were not going to anyway.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think you’re going to get people on the forums to agree with you about this, more so pve players...think again. The reality of it is there’s no real excuse why pvp doesn’t get as much events, not even population because pve players will play pvp just for those events. The same way pvp players play pve during events.

The whole there’s not much you can do for pvp argument is invalid, most of the pve events are the same old fetch that and do this. Nothing elaborate or incredibly creative.

Albeit, most posters are bias and use strawman arguments. Whether it’s a pve or pvp event it’ll benefit everyone, the issue here is the pve players that don’t want to actually pvp to get rewarded. This thread is visual evidence of that. As you see here

This is why the devs lean towards pve events because although pvp players play pve events the pve players act like its the end of the world if they have to pvp.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Firstly, lag is a great excuse for there not to be events. A great excuse. Because when PVP starts to lag, so does the rest of the game, and thennnn there's anger across the board. This game allready has lag issues.

And it has to be creative because truth be told? The audience for PVP is small, and it takes a big reward to get people to walk in who were not going to anyway.

Well if it creates lag, What is causing the lag? People. And if people are chasing the lag over a minor double ap or telvar event, then people are not as frightened to go into cyrodiil as you think.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think you’re going to get people on the forums to agree with you about this, more so pve players...think again. The reality of it is there’s no real excuse why pvp doesn’t get as much events, not even population because pve players will play pvp just for those events. The same way pvp players play pve during events.

The whole there’s not much you can do for pvp argument is invalid, most of the pve events are the same old fetch that and do this. Nothing elaborate or incredibly creative.

Albeit, most posters are bias and use strawman arguments. Whether it’s a pve or pvp event it’ll benefit everyone, the issue here is the pve players that don’t want to actually pvp to get rewarded. This thread is visual evidence of that. As you see here

This is why the devs lean towards pve events because although pvp players play pve events the pve players act like its the end of the world if they have to pvp.

Good man
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if it creates lag, What is causing the lag? People. And if people are causing the lag over a minor double ap or telvar event, then people are not as frightened to go into cyrodiil as you think.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if it creates lag, What is causing the lag? People. And if people are chasing the lag over a minor double ap or telvar event, then people are not as frightened to go into cyrodiil as you think.

Do two things.

1. Go to Imperial city in any given campaign and tell me how many people are there.

2. Look at the anniversary post. Look at the sheer disparity between mobs killed and players killed. There's some leeway on the math of that given monsters come in multiple groups per dungeon and overworld...but even then, the disparity speaks for itself.

Are people afraid? No, people are disinterested. The people who PVP normally are a minority. And geting people into Cyro means making the rewards worth geting over disinterest or dislike.

As for lag, the lag is created by the sheer ammount of variables the PVP instance server has to calculate at any given time. And while I'm not all that knowledgeable, I'd be willing to suspect of theorize that if the PVP instance server cant handle the load, it'll dip into the main servers for the power, much like virtual memory.

And if it does that, the TLDR is, in order to support the PVP increase, the entire game takes the hit. And demanding that happen anyway, is, in a word, selfish.

I'll leave it at that given that you seem rabid in your defense of what you see as necessary. Which is another thing alot of PVP threads have in common.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 24, 2018 2:40AM
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do two things.

1. Go to Imperial city in any given campaign and tell me how many people are there.

2. Look at the anniversary post. Look at the sheer disparity between mobs killed and players killed. There's some leeway on the math of that given monsters come in multiple groups per dungeon and overworld...but even then, the disparity speaks for itself.

Are people afraid? No, people are disinterested. The people who PVP normally are a minority. And geting people into Cyro means making the rewards worth geting over disinterest or dislike.

As for lag, the lag is created by the sheer ammount of variables the PVP instance server has to calculate at any given time. And while I'm not all that knowledgeable, I'd be willing to suspect of theorize that if the PVP instance server cant handle the load, it'll dip into the main servers for the power, much like virtual memory.

And if it does that, the TLDR is, in order to support the PVP increase, the entire game takes the hit. And demanding that happen anyway, is, in a word, selfish.

I'll leave it at that given that you seem rabid in your defense of what you see as necessary. Which is another thing alot of PVP threads have in common.

I never demanded. I suggested. Also you said we need more creative rewards to get people into cyrodiil..yet you just said there is tons of lag when double ap or telvar is available so people still go into cyro with those minor events. We don't need creative events