The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EDITED: Can you guys PLEASE *begs!* preface Summerset posts with anything so people can avoid?

Mureel
Mureel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For the time this is on the PTS: Could I pleease beg you guys to not put info in titles/make vague titles - and instead put anything denoting is it SUMMERSET STUFF so those who wish can avoid?

All kinds of spoilery stuff that I *have paid* to discover for myself is showing up on the Recent Discussions because people are using the PTS forum. I wish there was another one that did not show in Recent, for this.

I never click but even some of the thread titles are giving things away, or are such vague titles, that you get spoilers if you open.

I don't want this to be spoiled by way of people complaining and ruining this for me before I get a chance to enjoy it!
I'm not a spoiled brat and expect everything handed to me, nor do I wish to be spoilered repeatedly!

I don't see why they cannot have a Summerset Testing Forum which is hidden and you can go there IF YOU WANT but that is not plastering complaining and spoilers across Recent Topics. The leakage on this needs to be managed better and people just posting crap for attention need to go BACK TO FACEBOOK and talk about their headaches and sandwiches over there.

I know I am having a bit of a moan here, but it is fine if you all wanna go to PTS etc and talk your fingers off about it *in private where people have the option of viewing the topics or not* - but I do not - and I really wish it wasn't like this. :(

Sucks.
Edited by Mureel on April 18, 2018 12:43PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a deliberate choice on ZOS end to not have a private beta forum again. Probably because just one aspect of the chapter is really under the NDA and the rest is not, so no need for ultra secrecy.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the main storyline is under NDA, nothing else. And that's the only thing you should worry about because what other spoilers are there? Some NPCs or quests? You've forgoten that until Summerset release.
    Edited by Seraphayel on April 18, 2018 12:32PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the main story is NDA (and only until May) so a private forum just for that seems a bit extreme.

Considering how the whole private forum and NDA went with Morrowind it was the right move to not have as much restreicted this time. However it would be better for people to be a little courteous in posting of their information regarding the zone, quests etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It was a deliberate choice on ZOS end to not have a private beta forum again. Probably because just one aspect of the chapter is really under the NDA and the rest is not, so no need for ultra secrecy.

So it's just down to people sucking then, as usual - okay then - Thanks!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Just the main storyline is under NDA, nothing else. And that's the only thing you should worry about because what other spoilers are there? Some NPCs or quests? You've forgoten that until Summerset release.

Thanks!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Only the main story is NDA (and only until May) so a private forum just for that seems a bit extreme.

Considering how the whole private forum and NDA went with Morrowind it was the right move to not have as much restreicted this time. However it would be better for people to be a little courteous in posting of their information regarding the zone, quests etc.

I mean though: I don't want to HEAR ABOUT a clam on the forum - I wanna find one myself. I don't want to see crappy screenshots of amazing stuff, I want to see it first myself in game and due to bad titles (too much info or too vague) that is not happening.

I CAN SIMPLY AVOID THREADS if people could be the tiniest bit courteous about it.
    Summerset post: Blah blah blah

I will never ever open a thread like that till it drops.

Also all the complaining seriously. Not all of us need everything handed to us. I just got in come on here and it's just so much complaining. Probably I just need a break from the forums - which sucks because usually I really like them.
    Edited by Mureel on April 18, 2018 12:40PM
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    I would think because even if there's an NDA and a secret forum that doesn't mean they're concerned people won't screenshot discussions and share them elsewhere.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chakei wrote: »
    I would think because even if there's an NDA and a secret forum that doesn't mean they're concerned people won't screenshot discussions and share them elsewhere.

Idk but thanks :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We could technically hide all PTS threads from Recent Discussions. What say you all?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We could technically hide all PTS threads from Recent Discussions. What say you all?

I'd like it as I prefer not to be spoiled. Thanks for considering it.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree to that! <3

it would always be best - then we can go there or not!

It limits no one.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like an elegant solution.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd like it as I prefer not to be spoiled. Thanks for considering it.

<3 you even more than normal right now! xD Would totally send you hot drink of your choice!
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Ppl shd really be posting this stuff in the PTS section. Mods shd be moving any Summerset threads to PTS section.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on April 18, 2018 12:58PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Ppl shd really be posting this stuff in the PTS section. Mods shd be moving any Summerset threads to PTS section.

They are hun, the issue is that the PTS shows on Recent.
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't hide them, they will receive way less traffic = less feedback..
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I like the idea for avoiding spoilers it would potentially effect discussions and feedback from people coming in and seeing what's recent.

I personally use recent to keep up with which threads are actually active and read those rather than hitting up every section.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I like the idea for avoiding spoilers it would potentially effect discussions and feedback from people coming in and seeing what's recent.

I personally use recent to keep up with which threads are actually active and read those rather than hitting up every section.

You can easily go into PTS though. You have a way to get what you want but we have no way to get what we want. You can even make a pts link right in your bookmarks bar that is as 1 click as The recent is; but we cannot unsee it.
    5e3f95538556925eace858c63da98b16.png

Same click.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno No thanks, if it is that big of an issue for people they should avoid the forums. One would have to presume that the majority of the information right now would be on or about the PTS, Summerset, etc. I don't want to have to search for the information that I am here for. I understand that I might read, see, or otherwise learn something that would have been a neat surprise in June, that is my risk for being here during the PTS. My 2 cents.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, please, that would be great. I don't care much about spoilers (short memory :tongue:), but I would prefer "Recent" not to be clogged with PTS stuff. When I want PTS, I go to appropriate forum.
    Edited by Streega on April 18, 2018 2:00PM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno No thanks, if it is that big of an issue for people they should avoid the forums. One would have to presume that the majority of the information right now would be on or about the PTS, Summerset, etc. I don't want to have to search for the information that I am here for. I understand that I might read, see, or otherwise learn something that would have been a neat surprise in June, that is my risk for being here during the PTS. My 2 cents.

You would need 1 click - but we cannot avoid at all. Maybe they can put PTS in header with the rest for people who don't want to make a bookmark?
    CATEGORIES DEV TRACKER PTS RECENT UNANSWERED PARTICIPATED

You need 1 click - I would have to avoid entire forum?

In what reality is THAT fair?
    Edited by Mureel on April 18, 2018 2:18PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every other section would still be in Recent *except* pts.

Pts is one click for you to see but no chance for us to avoid.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't hide them, they will receive way less traffic = less feedback..

I doubt that very much. :) Maybe they can put PTS in the header there.

Where it says RECENT.

There is loads of room for it.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

and maybe

Since the only naysayers seem to be concerned over an extra click/pts not getting attention.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

You would need 1 click - but we cannot avoid at all. Maybe they can put PTS in header with the rest for people who don't want to make a bookmark?

I can get on board with that, 1 click. But it isn't there now.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum redesign by comittee :D I would also give a yes for not showing in recent - I've not posted anything about what's in there because ... Well I'm lazy af - but spoilers do suck :)
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Don't click "Recent." Less clicks and your problem is solved.

XBox NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone who's interested specifically in "Recent PTS Discussions" can find those directly in the PTS section. Recent Discussions is itself only a combination of all the thread categories in one place.

Alternatively, is it possible for Recent Discussions to show the category for each thread underneath the title?

For example:
    Can you guys PLEASE *begs!* preface Summerset posts with anything so people can avoid? 
    General ESO Discussion
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You go ahead and do that Gina. I don't mind 'cause I play PTS but if I didn't I'd be utterly annoyed (to remain polite) by potential spoilers and discussions all over the place.