The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Grim Focus Fix

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This skill is still broken. It's been broken since the 3rd (give or take) week of the PTS and now it's week two of live with no fix to it at all. This skill is a core mechanic to night blades and being able to use it reliably is extremely important to the class in PvP and PvE. Can we get a comment from Developers about this please? I'd like to buy an extra outfit slot or something nice, but until this gets fixed I'm having a hard time justifying spending more. Anyone else have anything to add? Perhaps data that would help them fix the skill?

I am grateful for fixing shade though, well done

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
Edited by NyassaV on February 19, 2018 4:13PM
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sucks a whole class is dependent on one skill
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Relentless Focus morph on my stamblade and have been doing post-maintenance testing on overland mobs and my test dummy, and can't find anything wrong so far. It's proc'ing as intended , I'm getting the Berserker buff, damage dealt seems right. Is it the other morph that's not working correctly still?
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    I'm using Relentless Focus morph on my stamblade and have been doing post-maintenance testing on overland mobs and my test dummy, and can't find anything wrong so far. It's proc'ing as intended , I'm getting the Berserker buff, damage dealt seems right. Is it the other morph that's not working correctly still?

You haven't noticed the incredible delay in when you gain your charge? I find that a little hard to believe but I guess you are in melee range
    Edited by NyassaV on February 19, 2018 4:55PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you had better describe the problem in more detail, because I tested Merciless against skeleton to see how it works now, and I have no idea what you are talking about either.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I think you had better describe the problem in more detail, because I tested Merciless against skeleton to see how it works now, and I have no idea what you are talking about either.

How can you not notice the delay before you gain your charge
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delay is nearly non existent for melee or if you're close to the target. The problem is your charge is counted when the attack hits the enemy, not when you use the attack - so for staves using light or heavy attacks at long range there's a huge delay before you get your charge
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    This skill is still broken. It's been broken since the 3rd (give or take) week of the PTS and now it's week two of live with no fix to it at all. This skill is a core mechanic to night blades and being able to use it reliably is extremely important to the class in PvP and PvE. Can we get a comment from Developers about this please? I'd like to buy an extra outfit slot or something nice, but until this gets fixed I'm having a hard time justifying spending more. Anyone else have anything to add? Perhaps data that would help them fix the skill?

I am grateful for fixing shade though, well done

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

What about saying what the problem is with it?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a delay but they changed it from when you cast a light attack to proc, to when the light attack hits to proc. This is why melee doesn't notice a thing but ranged magblades feel extra clunky

It is however bugged in vma it resets between waves because you were "out of combat" for half a second. I feel like I have also experienced this in pvp when cloaking around with a stack up in around fight.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is: Should you get a charge if your light attack gets dodged?
    Edited by Feanor on February 19, 2018 5:39PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The real question is: Should you get a charge if your light attack gets dodged?

Yes, with things like shuffle it could take forever to proc. It’s already clunky enough as is. It’s too easy to dodge ranged attacks.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Datthaw answered my questions.
    Edited by fred4 on February 19, 2018 6:04PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    There is a delay but they changed it from when you cast a light attack to proc, to when the light attack hits to proc. This is why melee doesn't notice a thing but ranged magblades feel extra clunky

It is however bugged in vma it resets between waves because you were "out of combat" for half a second. I feel like I have also experienced this in pvp when cloaking around with a stack up in around fight.

Yes, this is not intended as far as I know
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilliam was talking about it here https://youtu.be/cVXom3QXkYU
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to save my stack of grim focus in vma on most 'in between' fight times by casting aoe where a portal will spawn a mob. Kept me in combat bcs aoe will hit before I can hit with a direct attack.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they won't fix this in one of nearest incremental patches, but in next major uptade which will come in few months...
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gina said that they were working on a fix for it during Friday's ESOlive. So maybe next week?
    Edited by LZH on February 19, 2018 9:08PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I'm sure they won't fix this in one of nearest incremental patches, but in next major uptade which will come in few months...

I feel like you are right but i really don't want to believe it
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're currently testing a fix for Grim Focus, and if it passes QA, we'll include in the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're currently testing a fix for Grim Focus, and if it passes QA, we'll include in the next incremental patch.

very nice! thank you!!

could you pls also comment if the change to grim focus stack counting (that it counts to the stack AFTER the ranged attack hits the enemy, NOT ANYMORE right when the shot gets fired from the staff) is intentional, or also bugged?
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭

Can you confirm which issue with Grim Focus this will be addressing?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ajcorbell wrote: »

Of course. This fix makes it so you get the stacks from the ability as soon as you light attack, instead of after the light attack deals damage.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Gilliam was talking about it here

A timestamp would be nice. I'm not watching a 4hr video for something he may have talked about for a few seconds...
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course. This fix makes it so you get the stacks from the ability as soon as you light attack, instead of after the light attack deals damage.

In before the "preload" grim focus with 5 light attacks before entering combat bug appears.. :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay !
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you very much for the information!
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    They fixed shade?
    Argonian masterrace
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does incremental patch mean monday or update 18?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭

Um I have already made a post about it (Dungeons, Trials and Arenas), but I will mention it here as well. In Maelstrom Arena, every time white portals spawn, you are technically exiting combat, and since you now lose your stacks when exiting combat, you will thus lose all your stacks and your bow proc if you have that ready. This is happening with both morphs of grim focus. Will that be addresed in the next incremental? Thanks.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Does incremental patch mean monday or update 18?

Incremental means Monday (or maybe any random patch day Monday). Major update would be update 18.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

In before the "preload" grim focus with 5 light attacks before entering combat bug appears.. :)

I really do hope building the stack requires a valid target. The combat status in Cyrodiil is quite unreliable.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.