The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Insanely Long Loading Screens

smacky
smacky
✭✭✭
I know ZoS said they were working on this the day after the patch came out but guys, come on.

Leaving my house in Vvardenfell, I could go make a coffee drink it and make another one it feels like.
Then I travel to Davon's Watch - almost instant every time. Clockwork City - 40secs minimum. All the DLC area's DB / TG / CC / Wrothgar and of course Morrowing seem to be obscenely slow.

Loading screens are taking up to 90 seconds and it is not my PC or internet connection.
i7-8700k / GTX 1080 Watercooled / Windows and Game are BOTH on SSD. 35Mbps Download / 25Mbps Ipload
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think GinaBruno wrote that this should be fixed in the patch on Monday, but since ZoS only identified an issue affecting CWC and Vvardenfell, I'm not 100% confident that they know the real root cause. You're right in that it affects the Gold Coast as well - haven't tested with Wrothgar yet. Hews Bane hasn't been too bad for me tho.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tp'd from Reaper's to CWC with a bounty (was stealing stuff for the crow'sdaily) and by the time I was out of the loading screen, my bounty timer had run out.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having super long loading screens, too. Not fun. It was never this bad before in PvE.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey all!

The issue with loading screens in Vvardenfell and Clockwork City should be resolved with today's Patch.

Have fun!
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey all!

The issue with loading screens in Vvardenfell and Clockwork City should be resolved with today's Patch.

Have fun!

My Vvardenfell loading time went from ~100 seconds down to under 30 seconds (sometimes 20). Still a little long, but much better.
    (Edit: CWC is ~15 seconds)
    Edited by Elsonso on February 19, 2018 5:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    In the meantime, I can't even login without an eternal loading screen. I can't even get to my character select screen. So this is HARDLY fixed.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by an ill-tempered corvid.
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    AdriRaven wrote: »
    In the meantime, I can't even login without an eternal loading screen. I can't even get to my character select screen. So this is HARDLY fixed.

Same! i'm relieved it's not just on my end. I've been trying to log in for about 2 hours now. I can't seem to fix it. I cant get to character select either. Tried on both of my accounts. Not sure what's going on. Hopefully it fixes soon! Been dying to play all afternoon.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @AdriRaven and @SpookyPickle - Just to be sure, are you both on PC/Mac? And is this happening with just certain characters, or all of them?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Sorry, should have mentioned earlier, derp. I'm on PC, and what happens with me is that I put in my name and password, then click log-in... and loading screen forever. I don't even get to the point where I can select a character.

I've tried and failed three or four times now, with the same effect. Currently, I am resorting to Repairing the Launcher, though I am not... optimistic.
    Edited by AdriRaven on February 19, 2018 8:44PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AdriRaven and @SpookyPickle - Just to be sure, are you both on PC/Mac? And is this happening with just certain characters, or all of them?

Same here, but maybe it's me. But will we all seem to be unable to get character selection. I am PC/NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Sorry, should have mentioned earlier, derp. I'm on PC, and what happens with me is that I put in my name and password, then click log-in... and loading screen forever. I don't even get to the point where I can select a character.

I've tried and failed three or four times now, with the same effect. Currently, I am resorting to Repairing the Launcher, though I am not... optimistic.

No problem! Thanks for the additional details. Repairing was going to be my next suggestion. Let us know if that helps or not.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind got on the third time after waiting probably 30 mins on load screen.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Good luck to others
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Elsonso on February 19, 2018 8:52PM
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I'm on PC.
    Windows 10.
    Na server.
    Still in infinite loading screen. I can't even get to the character select. It's infinite loading screen after login.

EDIT: I did repair and I'm still having this issue.
    Edited by SpookyPickle on February 19, 2018 9:03PM
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Repairing seems to have cleared the issue for me for the moment. Still testing on my other accounts.
    Edited by AdriRaven on February 19, 2018 9:07PM
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Repairing hasn't helped me at all.

Yeah, same here. I even left my loading screen up while I went downstairs and cooked some food. It took me about 45 minutes and I came back still in loading screen.

I have 2 accounts, I'm having the same issue on both accounts. Neither of them can even access the character select because the loading screens are infinite.
    Edit: Repairing seems to have cleared the issue for me for the moment. Still testing on my other accounts.

Happy it worked for you! I'm still unable to log in. I guess I can try repairing for a 3rd time.
    Edited by SpookyPickle on February 19, 2018 9:09PM
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Initially, the Repair didn't help, but the second time I tried, it fired right up to the character select screen on all five accounts, as though the system needed time to "take".

Currently, all accounts are loading quickly to the character select screen, but still taking a while to load in separate characters and to actually get into the game itself.
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    3rd repair seems to have done it.
    Both accounts are getting to character screen. I am able to select to my characters now, they are taking a decent amount of time to get into the game - but it is playable now.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Initially, the Repair didn't help, but the second time I tried, it fired right up to the character select screen on all five accounts, as though the system needed time to "take".

Chances are the first repair did it. Following that, it did whatever sorting and thinking it needed to do that it failed to do before. You might not have given it time to finish. After some patches, my older game computer used to get "inactivity logout" while this was happening. Other times, it only took 3 or 4 minutes.
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Requesting Login and Requesting Character Load (especially) still seems to take longer than it should, but it DOES seem actually playable now. Area transitions are taking about as long as they ever did for me. Not optimal, but at least somewhat playable.
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭

Chances are the first repair did it. Following that, it did whatever sorting and thinking it needed to do that it failed to do before. You might not have given it time to finish. After some patches, my older game computer used to get "inactivity logout" while this was happening. Other times, it only took 3 or 4 minutes.

Yeah, I'd only done the one repair, I meant the second time I tried logging in. But that was the conclusion I came to, as well, I just didn't give it enough time to catch its breath. lol
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I made the mistake of traveling to Wrothgar. I experienced the long loading screens.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I had problems logging in last week, but finally was able to do so when I got rid of some of my addons. However, after this patch today, I can log in to a character in Stormhaven, but not to characters in Vvardenfells, which is almost all the rest of them. I get to character select fine, but it times out on the loading screens to actually get a character in game. I did repair last week, and it didn't help.

I repaired twice more and still timed out with "An error occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log on again."
    I'm on PC NA
    Edited by Medieval_Miss81 on February 19, 2018 11:52PM
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Spycynder
    Spycynder
    Soul Shriven
    Im having the same problem right now. My characters wont even load up just stuck after logging in. ive repaired already to no avail, ill try removing my add-ons then repairing again, tell me if yall get a 100% fix or solution to this!

Edit;
    Removing all my addons and a second repair fixed the issue for me!
    Edited by Spycynder on February 19, 2018 11:30PM
    ╔══════════════════╗
    TES Blog • Link • Link • Link

sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇʏ
    ɴɪᴘs ᴀᴛ ᴜs,
    ɪᴛ ɪs ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢ.

Link • Link • Link • Link
    ╚══════════════════╝
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been experiencing some intense lag in Cyrodiil since the DLC update. Haven't logged in today since the maintenance but am hoping it's been smoothed out. By intense lag I mean skill bar not swapping for 3 seconds on a routine basis or a small skirmish taking place between 3 people and one player doesn't even know it's going on because, to them, I'm still just crouching there. Or my toon will perform the same skill 2 or 3 times in a row even though I pressed the skill button once.

Anyway, hoping it's been smoothed over. :)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm on PS4 NA (these days) and I've been getting some long loading screens lately. Haven't been near CWC or any other DLC area or Cyrodiil for probably 4 weeks. With these long loading screens the Ouroboros symbol at the bottom disappears but I'm still getting the long loading screen notification. Couldn't tell you exactly where I was going when these occurred, other than it was in the base game areas/ dungeons.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell still appears to be loading noticeably slower than other zones.
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a large problem is bandwidth and i think zos seriously needs to look into who supplies their internet. I live in New Zealand and the ping isn't the best from here to the states usually 140-150ms to most other games and websites, but if i go to play ESO my ping is up to 300-350ms. You could say oh but that's just a routing issue and yes it could be but how can i explain that if i have a normal average ping to any other game/website that is based in the US. Which is 140-150ms.

I use to have a normal ping on ESO until i left 3 months before the homestead patch, when i came back my ping went up and load times got longer so i want to know what happened. How did it change? what did you guys do to the servers or is it something to do with ZoS internet suppliers. Need more bandwidth stop saying you have enough, you clearly don't with all the people playing you can't send/receive packets fast enough. Lag is one of the biggest complaints and i'm sure it has a large effect on load times. Please just look into it for some it gives an unfair advantage in PvP and PvE and causes slowdowns.

DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please fix
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in February 2018 we are closing it as the information contained may no longer be relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.