The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't move

Sweetpea704
Sweetpea704
✭✭✭✭
In Fang Lair, all of a sudden, I can't move. It only resolves if I die. I even tried to reloadui.

Pea
  • ekmcb
    ekmcb
    ✭✭
    I have experienced my character being rooted to the ground in the middle of a PvE fight twice now. Break free didn't change it during the fight, and after everything was killed, I still couldn't move. Dodge roll didn't work, jumping wouldn't function, and walking or running was a no-go. I can sheath and unsheath weapon, cast spells...that's all the physical movement I can get.

Reloadui did nothing to change this.

I am going to try logging completely out and back in now, but I may try teleporting to one of my homes first to see if that works.

-Ok, teleporting to my house just worked, and once there, my character could move from 1 spot again.

Anyone else having a being rooted to the spot / can't move issue?

Totally game-breaking. :(
  • ekmcb
    ekmcb
    ✭✭
    ekmcb wrote: »
    I have experienced my character being rooted to the ground in the middle of a PvE fight twice now. Break free didn't change it during the fight, and after everything was killed, I still couldn't move. Dodge roll didn't work, jumping wouldn't function, and walking or running was a no-go. I can sheath and unsheath weapon, cast spells...that's all the physical movement I can get.

Reloadui did nothing to change this.

I am going to try logging completely out and back in now, but I may try teleporting to one of my homes first to see if that works.

-Ok, teleporting to my house just worked, and once there, my character could move from 1 spot again.

Anyone else having a being rooted to the spot / can't move issue?

Totally game-breaking. :(

I guess it IS happening elsewhere:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4863068#Comment_4863068
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Vet AA this evening, one of the guys in our group experienced this bug. No one else did.He tried everything.
    He had to log out and log back in to resolve it.

@Gina_Bruno

Pea
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue the other day and got stuck for several minutes . Right in the middle of an attack in pvp .Good thing I was in a group .
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some stam abilities that can root you, caltrops is one of them. Recasting caltrop will free you. There a few other abilities that do this, just try casting what your abilities to free yourself.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, throwing some caltrops seems to get you moving again
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, throwing some caltrops seems to get you moving again

Not for my stamblades, tried this. The first time I encountered it I was stuck in place in nSO and had to use caltrops and endless hail since I couldn't do melee. Recasting doesn't unroot my toon.

Sometimes my toon would get just unstuck, usually at end of combat. Sometimes I had to relog or port to my house.

Tested this on both my trial-ready stambaldes. For meit occurred in combat in:

nSO
    vFG1
    vBHH
    Crow's Wood
    dolmens
    open overland areas with trash mobs
    various delves

So yes, everywhere, groups and solo.

Happens with both keyboard and gamepad. Turning off add-ons doesn't help.

So for now I'm not playing any stam toons. Which are my only real dps.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried throwing caltrops. It didn't help. Dying did actually resolve it. But, that kind of sucks.
    Someone told me they saw it happen to Alcast in his stream. Maybe that will get the bug some attention.
    Happened to me and one of my guildies last night (not in the same dungeon). But, the rest of the dungeon, I was fine. It was a stam toon in both case.

Sweetpea704
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen just outside of a building in a city, got stuck outside the door, nothing to click on, couldn't move, character frozen in a weird position. Logging out and back in fixed it.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so in the first few minutes that the Devs took on hard mode of the new dungeon, they mentioned the "Stam Root Bug". So, they know about it and it is getting fixed Monday.

Sweetpea
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey all!

A fix for this issue went out in today's Patch.

Please let us know if you're still running into this after patching just in case there were some edge cases that this didn't resolve.

Thanks!
    Staff Post