The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Observations about the new level rewards

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owondyah wrote: »
    I was 15 levels into game when they introduced it.

Re-rolled, and no regrets. Honestly, this thing just improved gameplay experience for me.

/clap

it is especially nice for those, who do not buy a lot from the crown store and have just standard versions of the game. For them these rewards are cool and will make them want to progress to the next level rather sooner than later. But for those, having bought a lot of stuff from the crown store, a lot of these rewards are what they already have and will not get again nor a replacement - so for them it is not as cool as for a new player. But this is ok, I am still happy for new players to get some reward, which makes their first experience with the game better and more enjoyable - like that sorrel horse at level 10.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey all,

We're really happy to hear you're enjoying the new Level-Up Reward system! I've been leveling up a character myself and find it's much more encouraging to see what's coming at my next level and to get access to cool items that help me continue to progress in the game without needing to know all the inside information that veterans may have.
    Staff Post
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're really happy to hear you're enjoying the new Level-Up Reward system! I've been leveling up a character myself and find it's much more encouraging to see what's coming at my next level and to get access to cool items that help me continue to progress in the game without needing to know all the inside information that veterans may have.

Just not during combat - can you guys not make it happen at a later time, when there is no enemy aggro - it gets in the way of gameplay, if F is key bound to another action for example. And to have it in the middle of the screen is as well annoying.

Edit: and don't bring up the character screen automatically after claiming - this is even more annoying when it happens in combat.
    Edited by Lysette on February 17, 2018 7:08PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do u guys even do with 15 chars? i have 5 chars and they're more than enough. My main, dungeon heal dps and tank, and a mule.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    what do u guys even do with 15 chars? i have 5 chars and they're more than enough. My main, dungeon heal dps and tank, and a mule.

Well, each of mine is it's own person basically. They work together as a team - not at the same time, but still as a team. The crafting bag and the assistance of the banker make this easy and very accessible pretty much everywhere. Another reason is, I have no trading guild and can sell nothing really. So me team lives from doing 78 crafting writs, which provide me with the money to play. So I am somewhat self-sufficient this way with my team and not dependent on any guild and their rules.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During pvp I was trying to resuscitate a friend when I leveled up. The F-key kept getting in the way of me helping my friend out and because I was in combat it would not let me claim the rewards. This might need some looking into. Some of the rewards are interesting though I am concerned about what this means for older characters.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭

Well for starters you gotta have a magicka dps sorc, a stamina dps sorc, a healing sorc, a tanking sorc, and a crafting sorc. Duh. :wink:
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's good addition too, it feels better to level up.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    What are the lvl'n milestones? I have a lvl 4 toon that I'm waiting to lvl up once the update hits consoles. Thanks

Basically all 5 levels is one, where you get extra skill points like it was before as well. Now you get a special reward as well, which is to the most part nice for new players, but not for those, who have already played before or bought a lot from the crown store. Like at level 10 the sorrel horse - 10k gold saved compared to those, who had to buy it from the stables. At level 18 there is this special storage chest, which one gets as a reward once per account. Every 10th level there is an extra skill point on top of the normal extra for ever 5th - so at level 20 you get 3 skill points and 3 attribute points for example.

Wait, what is that "special storage chest", what does it do, what can you do with it? Store stuff in it, like extra bank space? Can you only get it if you make a new character and level to lvl18?
    Edited by Jayman1000 on February 17, 2018 8:03PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I can tell, it is really a great addition to this game. Apart from the initial bugs and perhaps some questionable balance decisions, I am overall very happy with the newest update. More storage which you can obtain without having to spend any money, which you do have to work towards however. An outfit system that is cheap enough to quickly create outfits for your favorite characters with, but too expensive and complicated to render crafted items useless in terms of style, while also pumping life into the motif market. BGs are more fair now and even matches with stomping premade groups are still fun and even feel rewarding in the end. Nice job ZOS!

Only stain on this otherwise white vest would be the outrageously high 1500crowns for an additional outfit slot on only one of your characters, but since every character gets one for free anyway, it doesn't even hurt.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 17, 2018 8:14PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I started a new character and I just feel like it's simply a crown store advertisement every time you level. If the rewards were even somewhat useful then I'd prob feel otherwise.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Wait, what is that "special storage chest", what does it do, what can you do with it? Store stuff in it, like extra bank space? Can you only get it if you make a new character and level to lvl18?

It's a storage chest for your house like the others that you can buy at certain vendors (introduced in the recent update).
    You place them in a house (once acquired, you can place the chest in each of your houses) and you can store stuff in them. You can access it with every char in every house you placed it, but it does not work like the bank (i.e. the items are not included in crafting menus).

You can buy seven of those chests from vendors for writ vouchers or Tel Var stones, and an eighth chest you can get by levelling to lvl18.
    Edited by Varana on February 17, 2018 9:02PM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m leveling new characters or lowbies on both my accounts and I love the new level up system! I’m finding the rewards cool and appropriate and the system itself quite helpful, even though I’ve already leveled a lot of characters. It definitely makes grinding up to the next significant level more fun.

Great job, ZOS!
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmm might actually level up a 14th character.... I've got 2 of each class and 2 extra sorcs & 1 extra Templar. I was thinking of making another magblade but if anyone has any other recommendations please feel free to put them here :)
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The system makes things more interesting. I actually get rewarded for leveling.

Meanwhile another game nerfed it's leveling. I think it's pretty clear which choice(improvement vs nerfing) was the superior one.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvis wrote: »

Well for starters you gotta have a magicka dps sorc, a stamina dps sorc, a healing sorc, a tanking sorc, and a crafting sorc. Duh. :wink:

or, you know, the magicka sorc can become the healing sorc with a set switch? same for stam / tank. Crafting char can be one single char for whole account. In my case, my main is everything: master crafter, pvper, vet pver, dps or tank by changing gear.

having so many chars is just loads of work. Get skyshards, passives, skill lines, give gear, loading screens, lots of time. With better management you can do anything you do on 10 chars over 5 chars.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭

or, you know, the magicka sorc can become the healing sorc with a set switch? same for stam / tank. Crafting char can be one single char for whole account. In my case, my main is everything: master crafter, pvper, vet pver, dps or tank by changing gear.

having so many chars is just loads of work. Get skyshards, passives, skill lines, give gear, loading screens, lots of time. With better management you can do anything you do on 10 chars over 5 chars.

I was joking. Although I do have 3 sorcs, lol. Sometimes it's convenient to have certain characters that specialize in certain roles. Plus most of my characters have several sets of gear that I change up on a whim so having one toon with several tanking and dps and healing sets would be a pain. :D
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    What are the lvl'n milestones? I have a lvl 4 toon that I'm waiting to lvl up once the update hits consoles. Thanks

Basically all 5 levels is one, where you get extra skill points like it was before as well. Now you get a special reward as well, which is to the most part nice for new players, but not for those, who have already played before or bought a lot from the crown store. Like at level 10 the sorrel horse - 10k gold saved compared to those, who had to buy it from the stables. At level 18 there is this special storage chest, which one gets as a reward once per account. Every 10th level there is an extra skill point on top of the normal extra for ever 5th - so at level 20 you get 3 skill points and 3 attribute points for example.

yes,that is the point - you get this extra coffer just when you reach level 18 - if you want it, you have to make a new character, if you have none below level 18 left. Like the coffers from the crown store, they have 30 slots and same functionality in housing.
    Edited by Lysette on February 17, 2018 10:50PM
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be able to try the new Character progression hands on until the 27th.
    But be very certain, I am very much looking forward to it.
    I have never had much knowledge of any MMORPG, this particular game is pretty much my first. Even so, many aspects were difficult to pick up on and even realize...I think this is a great strategy and a helpful tool for newer players. Kinda jealous of newer players that will start their experience with this. I learned many things the hard way...and honestly I still am.

I just don't know what new character I should make when the 27th arrives...time to start brainstorming names right now.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey all,

Great! Do you think you could please pass along the problem some are having with F interrupting their combat experience? Perhaps there is something that could be worked out that would please everyone.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't really have a diverse range of characters with just 5 imo. I wouldn't consider it loads of work, just time consuming, but time spent enjoying something is time well spent. It's not about time management or character management it's about diversity.

Can't speak for others, but building a new toon is just as enjoyable as crafting a new section for one of your homes or getting that no death run in vma or 1vXing in pvp, it's more so for entertainment than say for functional as in one for this one for that and done.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I have one at 50, one at 46, one at 32, and a few others around 15. I play my main, and farm for transmutations one all the rest. I couldn't possibly find the time to farm the skill lines and points needed to fill them.
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't even get any of the new level rewards... prisoner shirt / pants / sandals or w.e
    all because I have every slot taken up pretty much and all leveled.
    I wish ZOS would have given those who are max level at least with 1 character the rewards. :|
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a controller user with non-standard keybinds, I can attest that the "claim your rewards" button is the same as the Player Interact bind. Not been an ongoing issue for me (just once, and it was kind of funny, so...), but I don't see the harm in letting it be something the user can change the key for themselves.

If it had to be hard bound to something, why not make it the same command as putting away your weapon? How often do you NEED to do that in the middle of combat or other critical time?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    I can't even get any of the new level rewards... prisoner shirt / pants / sandals or w.e
    all because I have every slot taken up pretty much and all leveled.
    I wish ZOS would have given those who are max level at least with 1 character the rewards. :|

Well, they gave you one more character slot.
    For 1500 crowns.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its great that there is something that gives people a little relief leveling; im over the CP cap, but for someone just starting, and for my friemds who quit before hitting it, and those still trying, I hope it keeps this game populated, and motivates people into setting goals.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its great that there is something that gives people a little relief leveling; im over the CP cap, but for someone just starting, and for my friemds who quit before hitting it, and those still trying, I hope it keeps this game populated, and motivates people into setting goals.