Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blue exploit

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also the chal north wall siege on the stupid stone. Fix it too zos.
    Nooo! Don't fix that! I absolutely love ganking players when they siege from those cliffs. So much fun. :smile:
    PS4NA
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tricky Tricky
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      is this entended? its always come from blue exploiter
      iUFEzts.png

Would explain infinite zergs during rather unpopulated seiges
    • swippy
      swippy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Its hard to tell from that picture where it is, so next time I suggest a clearer picture, but its easy to test whether that's an exploit or not.

That's a DC-owned tri-keep. Any tri keep should have the same layout on its towers and the back end of the keep. Grab a forward camp and test it on your own tri-keeps. If you can lay down a forward camp there on your own keep, then the forward camp has enough space to fit.

nah; totally irrational. safer to just accuse a large chunk of the playerbase of cheating.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Most keeps have a similar place where you can set up siege. Its not like ZOS dictated "Thou shalt only siege the front door or right next to the wall."
    • playsforfun
      playsforfun
      ✭✭✭✭
      it's the type of building, i believe there are 3 the same which you can do this on and it's been around since the game started, i think it's warden, kingscrest and blackboot
    • badmojo
      badmojo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      dotme wrote: »
      Nooo! Don't fix that! I absolutely love ganking players when they siege from those cliffs. So much fun. :smile:

Most keeps have a similar place where you can set up siege. Its not like ZOS dictated "Thou shalt only siege the front door or right next to the wall."

I'm pretty sure you guys aren't aware of the stone LeagueTroll is talking about. i would explain it, but that would just cause more people to use it.
      [DC/NA]
    • mook-eb16_ESO
      mook-eb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Looks like Rayles to me.
    • ZOS_BrianWheeler
      ZOS_BrianWheeler
      PvP & Combat Lead
      While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended. We will have a fix for this in the coming PTS cycle which means it will be fixed in Update 17. By "Fixed" we mean you can't do this anymore after that patch goes live.
      Wheeler
      ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
      Staff Post
    • jcaceresw
      jcaceresw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended. We will have a fix for this in the coming PTS cycle which means it will be fixed in Update 17. By "Fixed" we mean you can't do this anymore after that patch goes live.

Glad to know. May I suggest to fix not just that spot and try to find other potential spots?
    • Reverb
      Reverb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is why it's almost impossible to take accusations of cheating and exploiting from the community seriously. Rather than simply stating that it seems odd, or asking if it's intended, OP jumps right to "exploiter!!!". Zeni brought this on themselves by turning a blind eye to widely known and reported exploits and CE use for so long, but I'm sick of the lynch mob mentality.
      Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Luthid
      Luthid
      ✭✭✭
      Reverb wrote: »
      This is why it's almost impossible to take accusations of cheating and exploiting from the community seriously. Rather than simply stating that it seems odd, or asking if it's intended, OP jumps right to "exploiter!!!". Zeni brought this on themselves by turning a blind eye to widely known and reported exploits and CE use for so long, but I'm sick of the lynch mob mentality.

Hear hear!
    • TequilaFire
      TequilaFire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seemed like smart use of game mechanics to me.
      After all there is a timer on camp use, plus zerg will take the keep anyway.
      When the flags flip on the lower level the camp will disappear as well.
      Edited by TequilaFire on January 17, 2018 5:06PM
    • Vanthras79
      Vanthras79
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Brian, long time no see/hear. Glad that you are back on the forums :smile:
      Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Krainor1974
      Krainor1974
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That’s always done especially when a wall or door is about to go down.
    • Universe
      Universe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Great news, thank you! :)

It is a bit off topic, but I do hope that you and the team have taken a look on my proposal to introduce more Alliance ranks and greater rewards for existing and future Alliance ranks.
      By that I mean Alliance ranks 51-60 :)

Furthermore, I understand that it is still possible to enter keeps by abusing the Empowering chains/Silver Leash abilities on a guard/player(that way players are "climbing" the wall).
      This is not intended and was reported by many.
      Can you please fix it ?

Thanks! :)
      Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
      PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
      Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
      PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
      Started playing ESO in beta & early access
      User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    • arkansas_ESO
      arkansas_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

oh *** you're still alive

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    • fastolfv_ESO
      fastolfv_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ued to be a bug where one of the back keeps on all 3 sides could hold a camp but they got fixed. its possible it broke again somehow
    • whyteVyper
      whyteVyper
      Soul Shriven

Ummm... but the very FIRST thing OP did was ask if it was intended though...? And then a Dev chimed in saying it is an exploit because it is not intended... Sounds like someone is trying to justify some actions.... guilty conscience? ;)
      Edited by whyteVyper on January 17, 2018 5:53PM
    • TequilaFire
      TequilaFire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      whyteVyper wrote: »

Ummm... but the very FIRST thing OP did was ask if it was intended though...? And then a Dev chimed in saying it is an exploit because it is not intended... Sounds like someone is trying to justify some actions.... guilty conscience? :)

Umm, read again Brian said it was not an exploit but not intended.
      It is a perfect spot would you not agree?
      Edited by TequilaFire on January 17, 2018 5:54PM
    • whyteVyper
      whyteVyper
      Soul Shriven
      I think it is semantics to say that something is not intended but also not an exploit. It is a good spot if the game will let you place it there, but if a Dev is having to change the "sweet spot" after you use it then it still sounds like an "exploit" to me.
      Edited by whyteVyper on January 17, 2018 5:59PM
    • whyteVyper
      whyteVyper
      Soul Shriven

Ummm... but the very FIRST thing OP did was ask if it was intended though...? And then a Dev chimed in saying it is an exploit because it is not intended... Sounds like someone is trying to justify some actions.... guilty conscience? :)

You may want to read his comment again, too. He says, "While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended." This means that you can find a good spot to place a camp and good for you, however this "good spot" was not an "intended spot" so now they are having to fix the "exploit".

It's like say, killing a hard mode vet boss from outside of the map and then the Dev says, "While finding killing the perfect spot boss to place a camp on a keep get the fancy skin isn't an exploit, this killing the boss from where he can't get you is not intended."
      And then someone is like "But isn't it such a good spot since the game lets you shoot the boss the whole time from here?!?!""
      Edited by whyteVyper on January 17, 2018 6:10PM
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Wow Brian, did they let you out from the basement? :o
    • TequilaFire
      TequilaFire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to read his comment again, too. He says, "While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended." This means that you can find a good spot to place a camp and good for you, however this "good spot" was not an "intended spot" so now they are having to fix the "exploit".

It's like say, killing a hard mode vet boss from outside of the map and then the Dev says, "While finding killing the perfect spot boss to place a camp on a keep get the fancy skin isn't an exploit, this killing the boss from where he can't get you is not intended."
      And then someone is like "But isn't it such a good spot since the game lets you shoot the boss the whole time from here?!?!""

No he said now they are going to fix it, not that it was a exploit in the terms of cheating like you want to make it.
      You would have had a cow with the way forward camps worked when they were first released when the game launched.
      Edited by TequilaFire on January 17, 2018 6:57PM
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif?itemid=3473738
    • casparian
      casparian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      My god, this is what brings Brian Wheeler out of his eternal silence?
      7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    • Buffler
      Buffler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How can it be cheating or an exploit if the circle turns yellow allowing you to put it there?

Does this mean i have to put a ticket in every place i go to put a foward camp down incase its an "exploit?"

If the game allows you to do it, it's a design flaw.
    • Hetaira
      Hetaira
      ✭✭✭
      Buffler wrote: »
      How can it be cheating or an exploit if the circle turns yellow allowing you to put it there?

Does this mean i have to put a ticket in every place i go to put a foward camp down incase its an "exploit?"

Someone's salty.
    • whyteVyper
      whyteVyper
      Soul Shriven
      Been playing since the Beta, so am well aware of the history of forward camps, I just haven't been a bored-forum warrior (until now kappa) ranking up my stars here.This discussion was about camp placement location though.....

Tell that to the people banned for exploiting boss kills. :) It's just willful ignorance for you to deny that it is/was an exploit.

If something in the game lets you go outside of the way a Dev wants you to be playing, I have bad news about the "mechanic" you are using. You don't "fix" things that aren't "exploits".

You probably are also vehemently against people calling "squares" as "rectangles". Just because you prefer one term, doesn't make the other term less valid.
      Edited by whyteVyper on January 17, 2018 8:33PM
    • Buffler
      Buffler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hetaira wrote: »
      Buffler wrote: »

Someone's salty.

I am annoyed at absolute morons claiming everything is an "exploit" or people are "cheating" when really the devs should be taken to task for releasing broken content.