The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug - Breton Runner, Bordered and Breton Carpet, Bordered

Lithium Flower
Lithium Flower
✭✭✭✭
I purchased Pattern: Breton Carpet, Bordered from a guildstore and learned it. To my utmost surprise, the plan actually gave me the knowledge to craft Breton Runner, Bordered. I later found the Pattern: Breton Runner, Bordered and that translated to the large square carpet: Breton Carpet, Bordered instead. The two plan names appear to have been swapped.
Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lithium Flower You wouldn't happen to know if the matching square bordered ones quality color? Blue, purple? Trying to find it and like you said the names are switched so unsure if it's also purple like the runner
    Edited by VoidBlue on March 15, 2017 7:09PM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're both epic and there's three different epic Breton carpets - carpet, runner and rug. There is a green pattern as well - Breton Carpet and three blue ones but they're unrelated.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen the opposite way. I spend 35k gold on Breton Runner, Bordered, only to be able to only make Breton Carpet, Bordered. I would not have spent that much gold on the Carpet. This really makes me frustrated.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed. Incidentally, this same issue also occurs when trying to create the Dark Elf Brazier, Ringed (you will create the Dark Elf Cauldron, Ringed - which is also being fixed).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed. Incidentally, this same issue also occurs when trying to create the Dark Elf Brazier, Ringed (you will create the Dark Elf Cauldron, Ringed - which is also being fixed).
    Gina, while I appreciate your updates on so many threads. Are you really in work at 6am? :hushed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Turelus wrote: »
    Gina, while I appreciate your updates on so many threads. Are you really in work at 6am? :hushed:

Heck no. I'm working out of our London office all week. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you could tell us if the Blueprint: Dark Elf Trestle, Scaled - drop rate is bugged or not ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please tell me it will be fixed so that if we bought the Runner, we will actually be able to make the runner, not that it will be fixed so that it now says a different name than the one we bought. Did that make sense? :neutral:
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno London, UK? I hope you weren't affected by the incident at Westminster this afternoon.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just looted and used Blueprint: Common Block, Chopping Block however the game says I have learned Footstool, Block

is this another case of 2 items being switched?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno London, UK? I hope you weren't affected by the incident at Westminster this afternoon.

We are very close to that location, but everyone is safe. Thanks for the concern and for checking in. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina, I just had this happen to me as well. I put in a bug report for it.
    170328-002238

I hadn't seen this thread by then.. I didn't want the runner at all.. I wanted the large square carpet that the recipe was suppose to be.
    Could you please perhaps send me the recipe for the runner so I can learn the carpet please.
    I left the notification in my in game mail showing which pattern I had bought and you can check the history to see which one was actually learnt.

Thank you.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • thatoneguy1216
    thatoneguy1216
    Soul Shriven
    I'd posted an ingame report as well before seeing this. I was after the runner but got the large squared carpet. After the patch leading to Jester's festival, both now share title of "breton carpet, bordered" This was on ps4
    Edited by thatoneguy1216 on April 4, 2017 11:03PM
  • TempusFugit
    TempusFugit
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »

Greetings :)

Having searched for information about problems with the Dark Elf Brazier, Ringed Diagram and found this thread, I needed to post that I ran into the same situation a number of hours ago.

I had delivered a master writ and was able to obtain some Hlaalu furniture documents. Opened and learned all but one, that my alt already knew. Proceeded to have a look at each of the newly learned items through the crafting preview option and found that all were available but one - the Dark Elf Brazier, Ringed. I am pretty sure that my alt already knew the Dark Elf Cauldron, Ringed Diagram, thus in this case it would seem there was no swap.

I had posted a bug report (# 170423-000909) concerning the diagram Dark Elf Brazier, Ringed prior.

Best Regards,
    PC NA AD/DC/EP

Ash : "Klaatu Barada N... necktie... nectar... nickel... noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!"
  • Sarah_Flare
    Yeah I'm having the same issue with the rugs. :( I spent 50k in the purple pattern last weekend. I had no idea this was a bug until it happened to me and I submitted a ticket.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this? I just purchased the Breton Runner, Bordered recipe off of the Guild Trader and when I went to craft it, I had the Breton Carpet, Bordered. Kind of dissapointed that this problem was acknowledged back in March and it is now June with no fix in sight. At the very least , attach a "buyer beware" notification on the recipe until you get it fixed.