The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are ads actually going to be in game?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just to clear things up here, we will never sell your information and there are no plans to add in-game advertising to ESO. The updated privacy policy gives us the ability to better provide you with more personalized updates and new information on the game.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to clear things up here, we will never sell your information and there are no plans to add in-game advertising to ESO. The updated privacy policy gives us the ability to better provide you with more personalized updates and new information on the game.

OMG. Thank you for coming in here and saying this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭

As someone who's played ESO since launch, I must call B.S. on that statement.
    I've heard ZOS representatives state things then backpedal on their statements a year+ down the line.

I think if ZOS had a motto it would probably be "Never say never!" or something along those lines.
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs_Malaka wrote: »

I've heard ZOS representatives state things then backpedal on their statements a year+ down the line.

I think if ZOS had a motto it would probably be "Never say never!" or something along those lines.

Nah, Ill have to call B.S. on your statement as well. Actually read the policy update and you'll see it's exactly what she's talking about.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This post deserves a few thousand insightfuls.

However you have spoiled my trolling now. :cry:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    If we are going with this, I want a purple provisioning recipe for pizza. Our soul gems will get replaced with Duracell batteries to recharge our enchantments. I can see it now.
    Edited by S'yn on March 22, 2017 2:28PM
  • Whatelse73b14_ESO
    Whatelse73b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean I won't get to sell Pepsi space for a billboard in my house's backyard? Because I was really looking forward to that extra cash.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to choose to disbelieve, then what does it matter what the Privacy Policy says?

So, I agree with @dimensional ...
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    SODAvA7.jpg

I now want ZOS to replace all the cliff racers in Morrowind with little Goodyear blimps.

I can see myself riding around in my new shadow black Mustang GT mount..... take my crowns now please B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    SODAvA7.jpg

I now want ZOS to replace all the cliff racers in Morrowind with little Goodyear blimps.

I can see myself riding around in my new shadow black Mustang GT mount..... take my crowns now please B)

Done.

8972d1863654d017485291ba8ca50514.jpg
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Done.

ymUVKtp.jpg
    I saw one of these out in the wild before!!!
  • ifDoubtNerfIt
    ifDoubtNerfIt
    ✭✭✭
    SODAvA7.jpg

Done.

This is one of the main reasons you're the forums favorite staff member, respect!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I wouldn't mind watching some ad, when I am staring at the load screen of death :) Or maybe a short movie would be entertaining.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend anyone that has run the patch update to actually read the TOS that pops up on the first log.
    They won't be putting ads in the game, but ZOS can now sell your personal information to 3rd party advertisers.

So, if I were you I would unlink any social network account you have from ZeniMax.

Yoy mean all those social networks that already sell your information to thrid party advertisers? lol....
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    long string

I hate it when Companies give your email address to others and make a profit off of it. FU ZoS

1bqu15.jpg

Mock all you want, it's not right that any Company make money off of your personal information without being compensated for it. Especially and email address that will involve receiving more spam.

getting more money equals more content in game, if that's not compensation, than I dunno what it is

and, that image was a joke :/

IMO, it is NOT acceptable to force your customers to agree to selling their personal information for profit or to make more content. I pay them 15$ a month so they don't do stuff like this. It's disgusting.

Now I will definitely drop my subscription.

You weren't forced. You can quit
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    SODAvA7.jpg

Done.

All joking aside, that's a beautiful animal.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Sengra wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    you can opt-out of our sharing your personal information to target you this way by emailing us at ads@zenimax.com.

So what do I write in this email? Or is sending an empty mail enough?

I just sent my mail respectfully asking to opt out of their incoming ads as per this recent update

Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will concede that subscribers pay for this service and we don't belong in the same money-grab-bag, however Zos has never treated subscribers well so I'm not surprised that we are automatically included.

Non-subscribers who are surprised.... well, now you know how your presence contributes
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you for coming here and saying this.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you realize how much work is involved in taking care of that animal ?
    alot! they require Alot of care, love and grooming and feeding and riding to make them healthy.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meri20098 wrote: »
    you can opt-out of our sharing your personal information to target you this way by emailing us at ads@zenimax.com.

I just sent my mail respectfully asking to opt out of their incoming ads as per this recent update

lol... An email asking to opt out. Your opt out is refusimg the ToS. And you probably accepted it.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The updated privacy policy gives us the ability to ....
    But the changes seem to be focused on your sharing our details with THIRD-PARTIES, I don't see how 'us' applies here beyond your supplying OUR details and only providing a klunky method for us opting out instead of an account-system option along with all th other account settings we have.

Edited by KerinKor on March 22, 2017 5:05PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guys - "no plans"... :trollface:

This is PR speak for "one day things might change, actually there are people in the room behind me discussing how much revenue vs customer attrition they can expect should this happen".

• Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when Companies give your email address to others and make a profit off of it. FU ZoS

Just sign up for a free hotmail account and use it to sign up for all this sort of stuff. I have a junk mail account that I've been using for years. Zenimax is free to give that one to whomever they want
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol... An email asking to opt out. Your opt out is refusimg the ToS. And you probably accepted it.
    If you prefer not to receive marketing information from our websites, email notices from our message board operators, newsletters, or any other promotional communication from ZeniMax, please do not “opt-in” when you register or at the time you submit your information. If you’ve already opted-in, but you wish to stop any further promotional communications, just let us know by sending an email to: privacy04@zenimax.com or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.

*cough*
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dude you misunderstand. They won't show ads, the updated privacy policy is there so you have to agree to Zenimax selling your private information to other companies.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Always say always?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SODAvA7.jpg

Done.

This is one of the main reasons you're the forums favorite staff member, respect!

Not including Kai, obviously
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you realize how much work is involved in taking care of that animal ?
    alot! they require Alot of care, love and grooming and feeding and riding to make them healthy.

They only require one lesson/feeding every 20 hours. How hard is that?

;)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious about what they will do with that email. Will they add you to the "do not share" list, which is what that email is for, or just discard it because it isn't asking for that. I am guessing they will just add to the "do not share" list. Makes me wonder whether any irrelevant commentary inside the email matters, or whether they just add to the "do not share" list without caring what it says.

"Dear ads@zenimax.com, please don't send me magazines about Gardening. Thanks. @lordrichter "

I suppose, just to be on the safe side, best to request to "opt-out of sharing my personal information", which is how the Privacy Policy words it.