The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Twice-Born Star second boon disappearing regularly

shenfa
shenfa
Soul Shriven
In 5 piece Twice-Born Star, I have noticed that since patch I have only have 1 mundus boon most of the time and I go get the second boon regularly but it keeps dropping, without me changing a single piece of gear. I believe it drops every time I log out. With two boons, I tested bar swapping to see if that was the cause : it isn't.

I understand people were exploiting this set, but with the nerf to crit and having to reapply the second boon EVERY time you log on, this set is becoming much more trouble than it is worth. Which is a shame because a lot of people, myself included, went out of our way to learn 9 traits on everything craft a whole v16 set and make it gold, representing a lot of resources and effort.

I hope this issue isn't effecting everyone and that it will be resolved soon.

PC/MAC NA server.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use tbs on weapons every time you weapon swap you lose the 2nd mundus.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard this has been an issue since update even with moving between zones or in zone loading screens? Havent played since the update but really not looking forward to dealing with it.
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason is how ZOS fixed the double mundus exploit. The basic idea was, that people lose their second mundus if they don't war TBS. Now they apperently went a bit to far and it even happens for people actually wearing TBS.

As TBS is trash anyways after this uptade i personally could not care less.
    The only thing i care for is this exploit to be fixed for good
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Xerton I'm curious why everyone says TBS is trash after the update, generally people reference trials, I read the charges to warhorn / buffs etc - but why is that a direct problem for TBS? And is TBS OK for solo pve / pvp if so?

But OP - I've read the same as others say here, its a common bug since the update on PC
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus the only reason TBS could be used over other Sets was the way Warhorn used to work.
    Before Homestead it increased you critical DMG modifier by 30% -> Crit modifier * 1.3
    Now it increases it by 15% points -> Crit modifier + 0.15

So you don't profit of stacking crit DMG as much as you did before.
    Increasing you Magick DMG or Weapon DMG is more effective now.

Could you still use it and get decent results? Yes
    Would i recommend it? Hell no

Basic crafting sets now outperform it (Julianos for Magicka and Hundings for Stamina)

For Solo play it was NEVER a good choice.
    You propably can use it in PvP but i don't think you would use shadow + thief in that case
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @xerton, I see so its the impact of warhorn crit boost with thief / shadow mundus which are the best choices for PvE. I get ya.

So PvP rocking Mage / Apprentice or whatever and you ain't gunna notice. It's purely the Crit booster. Or dungeon groups with no warhorn etc I guess.

Cheers man.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbs isn't a trash set on all builds. On my non-meta stamsorc build it is so good I recently golded up another set of weapons to test the dps difference between daggers and swords... what a waste of 16 gold tempers now this bug makes my favourite character almost unplayable.

Hilariously, if you report the bug in game the automated reply from zos is a suggestion to log out and log back in, which causes the second mundus to drop!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Tbs isn't a trash set on all builds. On my non-meta stamsorc build it is so good I recently golded up another set of weapons to test the dps difference between daggers and swords... what a waste of 16 gold tempers now this bug makes my favourite character almost unplayable.

Hilariously, if you report the bug in game the automated reply from zos is a suggestion to log out and log back in, which causes the second mundus to drop!

Have fun with your "non-meta" build, but math does not lie. And math has nothing to do with ANY skills used in your meta/non meta build.
    And math cleary says TBS is trash for dps now
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree here, plenty of us enjoy this set and playing with the 2 mundus. i never went the Shadow/thief route myself. ! went shadow/warrior and i can honestly say in pve content i don't feel the nerf. Now, i have a different set i swap to for Trials, and a few select dungeons on HM like a lot of folks i know. TBS is no longer an optimal set up for SOME things pve.....but i can also enjoy my solo content and much of my group content with no problem. Not all of us have to a maxed to the hilt,click-click, POOF-THEIR-DEAD! build and its still great fun for us!
    Xerton wrote: »

Have fun with your "non-meta" build, but math does not lie. And math has nothing to do with ANY skills used in your meta/non meta build.
    And math cleary says TBS is trash for dps now

Obviously he, and I, are not arguing the Math. We're just saying that if you AREN'T worried about running TBS Shadow/Thief as a Meta-Build it still works for some of our setups. Not all of us care about running a max DPS set-up to enjoy our pve content and while it does cut the previous setup for DPS users of this build it doesn't necessarily make it unusable- although there are plenty of other sets we can swap to instead for equal- if not slightly improved- dps should we need it. We don't all need to rush out and decon our stuff because it is no longer Flavor Of The Month for the super heavy-hitters.It certainly wasn't trashed to the degree of Armor of The Trainee for example, as if your build wasn't Shadow/Thief you probably haven't even noticed a nerf.

That said: OP, I haven't had this issue with logging out OR swapping weapons ( but as someone else said about that, here i don't have it on weapons so maybe thats why i haven't seen the weapon swap one) but It does happen to my build that occasionally still wears it if i swap zones. As i have multiple different dps builds to run depending on who I'm going with and what we are doing, ill just set this to the side for now....but i fin it interesting that you are having it occur on logout. I'll ask some friends and see if they are having that issue too and if so to please submit a bug ticket!

Best of Luck!
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on February 14, 2017 3:20PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting points @AyeshaBelladonna and I guess that was my point. I dont run TBS but have made a heavy / light set to mix and match and try in PvP.

Seeing all these threads about TBS being dead I couldn't understand. But it seems we are talking extreme DPS maths, using those mundus, with warhorns, in Vet Trials. Well none of that was my plan so hence asking a few places why people are dooming TBS

My appeals was easy switch PvE to PvP with mundus change.

Either way back ti OP this bug sounds the biggest. Downside of TBS!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBS is not the best but it's still quite viable outside vet trials.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, guys. We're working on getting this fixed for a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, guys. We're working on getting this fixed for a future patch.
    Can we assume this bug will be fixed already in the upcoming consoles patch?

Or will console players have this bug for the coming 3 months, since there is only 1 patch per 3 months on consoles?

Or will consoles get an extra hotfix patch for this, since this is such a crucial and widely used set?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've unfortunately noticed this about TBS.

People that claim TBS is trash are simply blind to it's full potential. I use it and am very satisfied with the results. And without it, my character isn't as effective. I hope that this is fixed very soon.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've unfortunately noticed this about TBS.

People that claim TBS is trash are simply blind to it's full potential. I use it and am very satisfied with the results. And without it, my character isn't as effective. I hope that this is fixed very soon.

Its just math. Nothing blind or what ever here. Just math...

I also hope the fix will come soon, but i also hope the fix will not open 2-3 ways to get more mundusstones than allowed again...
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you use tbs on weapons every time you weapon swap you lose the 2nd mundus.

@kkravaritieb17_ESO This old bug was fixed some time ago... unless its suddenly come back in Homestead, I've been running tbs weapons on one of my characters for months with no problems.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »

Its just math. Nothing blind or what ever here. Just math...

Math or not, the DPS crit application was/is only one of multiple applications possible with the set. Calling it trash comes from a willful or ignorant blindness to those other possibilities.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • jwjackson5674
    jwjackson5674
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having this issue, but mine is happening after logging out. When I log back in one of my mundus is gone.
  • requital
    requital
    ✭✭
    Do they fix it at this maintance.... how long need wait,for fix this big game problem....
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Not mentioned in the patch notes so I assume this was not fixed?
  • requital
    requital
    ✭✭
    No... not fixed. On teleports or random loosing stone efect.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why they are not fixing this? This is game breaking for me, my main uses TBS, it cost me a lot and I don't have anything else, so I can't play.

• Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand why they are not fixing this? This is game breaking for me, my main uses TBS, it cost me a lot and I don't have anything else, so I can't play.
    Same here...

For me it's TBS or nothing...

It's my whole build and I don't have extra gold to craft and improve another set with 4 golden weapons (4 * 8 * 17k = 544k gold on xbox)

Well I guess there will -HAVE- be a hotfix for consoles for this within 1 or 2 weeks after the main patch, or they have to delay the main patch.

ZOS just can't say this will be fixed in 3 months on consoles because patches are too expensive. This is game breaking for too many players. It -will- need a hotfix for consoles in 1 or 2 weeks.

• requital
    requital
    ✭✭
    They know this problem 3 weeks... I think have a million of tickets for this problem.. but.. better they fix Crown store problems.. but not the problems which realy need to be fixed....
  • Xerrok
    Xerrok
    ✭✭✭
    Just calm down everyone.
    How would you know that they aren't fixing this bug right now?
    3 weeks isn't that much for a bug, when you have no idea where it comes from (this is 90% the case).
    Bugfixing isn't a magical thing where one programmer sits infront of his PC and *poof* magic.
    Game development as a whole is a very complex job and therefore it can take some time to find the source of a bug and fix it, without prodocing new ones.
    They fixed some minor bugs before they could fix this one, that doesn't mean that they aren't working on it, that means that the other bugs were easy to fix and this one is very difficult/confusing/nested.
  • Ghostextechnica
    Where's the math that proves TBS is worse than Julianos? Alcast recommends TBS as the best crafted set even after the homestead patch (but suggests BSW is actual BIS).
  • requital
    requital
    ✭✭
    (2 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(4 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical

(5 items) Adds 299 Spell Damage

for stamina DD...? rly?:)
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    requital wrote: »
    (2 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(4 items) Adds 688 Spell Critical

(5 items) Adds 299 Spell Damage

for stamina DD...? rly?:)
    TBS is a top-tier set for both Stamina as Magicka.

That is... -if- it works on both Mundus Stones...

• shenfa
    shenfa
    Soul Shriven
    Xerrok wrote: »
    Just calm down everyone.
    How would you know that they aren't fixing this bug right now?
    3 weeks isn't that much for a bug, when you have no idea where it comes from (this is 90% the case).
    Bugfixing isn't a magical thing where one programmer sits infront of his PC and *poof* magic.
    Game development as a whole is a very complex job and therefore it can take some time to find the source of a bug and fix it, without prodocing new ones.
    They fixed some minor bugs before they could fix this one, that doesn't mean that they aren't working on it, that means that the other bugs were easy to fix and this one is very difficult/confusing/nested.

This issue has come about, because they were fixing a bug in the first place. People were exploiting TBS and keeping 2 boons after they had removed TBS gear. I am happy there aren't people running about cyrodiil with both Julianos 5 piece and TBS anymore, but I agree with the others, it would be nice to see a fix soon.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't suffered this problem, 3 characters are wearing the set, all logged onto almost daily and none have lost one of their stones (one has been in use for many hours since the update and also changed one of the boons in that time).

PC-EU
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on February 21, 2017 11:05PM