The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug?] Noticeable damage increase in trials

• AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    embrace the challenge

See, you say that but youre forgetting the first fundamental rule of MMOs.
    IT IS ALWAYS THE HEALERS FAULT.
    No, thank you. I've already got PTSD and twitch uncontrollably when someone demands orbs while simultaneously taking 10k damage per second.

Damage increase? more like weak heals.
    Tank died? not enough heals.
    DPS died? not enough heals.
    healer died? heal yourself you scrub.
    No one died? throw more orbs, im out of magicka :D

Sounds like its the healers fault most of time
    Edited by AoDD33pfri3d on February 11, 2017 9:25PM
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On a more serious note... For some of us this issue is just as serious as the "subsampling quality" bug which already has a fix scheduled for Monday's maintenance.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeathlurkZ wrote: »

After the patch, I logged in with my magplar and was fighting in the same spot I was grinding prior to homestead. I was getting WRECKED! My DPS is lower and my damage taken is higher.

Same, my magplar was working the exact same area as pre-patch, but taking significantly more damage. My NB was also blowing through stamina to take out two lousy monsters that normally wouldn't have even dinged it.
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please let us know if this issue is even being currently investigated?
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether or not this bug is noticeable in solo/quest content or just group content such as dolmens and trials?
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In every encounter you will get hit harder and do less damage, some things are so easy it won't really matter, like leveling on mobs etc.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether or not this bug is noticeable in solo/quest content or just group content such as dolmens and trials?

The situation I described above was solo, so happening there for me at least.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's get some controlled testing here, yall. Somebody go attack something with and without sharpened, and also switch all cp from Hardy into something else and let a physical attacker hit you some. Same with Elemental Defender. If there is a problem, we need to isolate it to give better feedback than "vMA feels off."
  • Ivehn
    Ivehn
    ✭✭✭
    I first noticed it the day before yesterday in a vet HRC run, and, more pronouncedly, today in vMA. I don't have any concrete numbers, so I'm also in the 'something feels off' category, but it'd be great if we could get an official response if this is being looked into @ZOS_GinaBruno :)
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Keep hoping I will see this issue mentioned in tomorrow's patch notes.....
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No fix this week it seems... :'(
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there is not a whole lot of information, just a bunch of people saying increased damage. I know I'm one of them but I just haven't gotten the chance to go back into trials to post some numbers :(

All I know is that I think Rakkhat's darkness falls and void spheres hit harder.
    #MOREORBS
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Because there is not a whole lot of information, just a bunch of people saying increased damage. I know I'm one of them but I just haven't gotten the chance to go back into trials to post some numbers :(

All I know is that I think Rakkhat's darkness falls and void spheres hit harder.

Understood. At this rate we may be living with this issue for quite some time....

• Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    What I noticed as a healer is that groups started to need more healing. I have less time to cast shards and orbs because healthbars deplete faster than before and need to be replenished more often.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • Amyxleexownsxu
    Amyxleexownsxu
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed this also, first in trials and dungeons, and today tried to run maelstrom and I'm dying much more than usual.
    PC/NA Since Beta!
    CP 1165

Main
    Rank 27 EP Khajiit Stamblade | Derosianthe | 26k Achieves

Alts
    EP Redguard Stamcro | Reindallia
    EP Bosmer Stamden | Sathiriel
    EP Imperial Stamplar | Velinaszol
    EP Altmer Magsorc | Ophianthil
    EP Dunmer Magknight | Thelisarcis

Housing Enthusiast/Completionism Nerd
    Blood for the Pact!!!
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Let's get some controlled testing here, yall. Somebody go attack something with and without sharpened, and also switch all cp from Hardy into something else and let a physical attacker hit you some. Same with Elemental Defender. If there is a problem, we need to isolate it to give better feedback than "vMA feels off."

Would be a whole lot easier to provide actionable feedback if the game had combat logs, and we could provide before and after data.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added feature now like the improved group finder.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Hey Folks,

Chiming in again here to let you know we are looking into it. As much information as you have would be appreciated. Specifically...

- What monsters did you notice taking more damage on?
    - How much more damage were you taking?
    - What typed of attacks were the monsters doing?

One note which we think is worth mentioning is this:
    The elemental status effect Concussed now applies Minor Vulnerability to enemies instead of Minor Maim.

If players were used to fighting monsters under the concussed effect, those monsters will be doing 15% more damage now but take 8% more damage as well.

In Trials, this means that monsters such as Overchargers, which are found in AA and SO, will have a chance to Concuss players which will increase taken damage.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Chiming in again here to let you know we are looking into it. As much information as you have would be appreciated. Specifically...

- What monsters did you notice taking more damage on?
    - How much more damage were you taking?
    - What typed of attacks were the monsters doing?

One note which we think is worth mentioning is this:
    The elemental status effect Concussed now applies Minor Vulnerability to enemies instead of Minor Maim.

If players were used to fighting monsters under the concussed effect, those monsters will be doing 15% more damage now but take 8% more damage as well.

In Trials, this means that monsters such as Overchargers, which are found in AA and SO, will have a chance to Concuss players which will increase taken damage.

Why do overchargers need to increase our damage taken lol, their call lightning skill is already the most cancerous thing in trials.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So instead of an overcharger having their damage reduced by 15%, this no longer happens due to the changes to concussion, AND they can deal an extra 8% potentially too by placing minor vulnerability on a player...

So basically they can do 23% more damage to players compared to the last patch...

That's quite a significant change.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    So instead of an overcharger having their damage reduced by 15%, this no longer happens due to the changes to concussion, AND they can deal an extra 8% potentially too by placing minor vulnerability on a player...

So basically they can do 23% more damage to players compared to the last patch...

Yeah, its also worth placing in patch notes for clarification
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason to hate Sanctum Ophidia. Overchargers applying concussed stacking with poison damage?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although not trials related I have noticed that wayrest 1 boss on hard mode almost all hits are now one shots even with a full tank with block one hit take almost half health. When I say one shot most hits are 20 k or more. This is even with full shields on as in a 20 k shield.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely noticed irregular damage spikes, i got killed by a flame of oblivion in stage 4 of vMA off a mob- whacked me for 12k damage.
    i have NEVER died from that , let alone a mob in vMA. trust me- given the repetitive nature of doing it- its the kind of thing u do 500 times before u get down, then another 500 to get the weapon u want. so when something out of the ordinary happens- u notice.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

No not 23.

Their aoe get 8% more.
    Their vulnerable targets from concussed take 8% more.
    Those vulnerable targets no longer duffer 15% reduction to offense so those concussed targets do more damage to the caster and allies.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Although not trials related I have noticed that wayrest 1 boss on hard mode almost all hits are now one shots even with a full tank with block one hit take almost half health. When I say one shot most hits are 20 k or more. This is even with full shields on as in a 20 k shield.

Spindleclutch 1 final boss is also one shotting tank builds with top gear and max resistance
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

Spindleclutch 1 final boss is also one shotting tank builds with top gear and max resistance

tbh I have not yet noticed any actual damage increases except on the two nifty actually mentioned in the OP, darkness falls is absolutely hitting harder even as a tank I can feel it which doesn't make sense based on the comments by @ZOS_Finn regarding concussion, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in vaa or vhrc although people are telling me meteors and the whirlwinds are hitting them harder in hrc, and really overchargers are just a poorly implemented artificial difficulty npc anyway so giving them even more power wouldn't really matter all that much since they are priority and usually die pretty fast. Not that I see this as a bad thing if Zos has implemented it intentionally, explaining this change to the player base in the patch notes would have been nice, if it's a bug though it should be fixed.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why ZOS forget almost every time to provide complete patch notes?

Remember dual wield nerf? And there are so many other examples.

I think @Asayre could help us in this matter instead of ZOS. My 5 guilds also felt the same ...an increased damage taken from mobs ..especially overland bosses and also in dungeon and trials.

Thank you.

English is not my native language.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I did vSO and vMA for the weekly after the patch and really can't tell if there was any difference. I got a 540k score, but I died 4 times... But that felt more like my own fault (it was 3 am in the morning), not that I received higher incoming damage numbers.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay overchargers got a much needed buff, i've always thought to myself "you know what? That overcharge aoe dot that melts me while 10k+ call lightning rains down on me is way to weak, it coyld really do with an 8% buff"
    /sarcasm

On a serious note can someone do what zos is generally incapable of and actually do some testing.
    Things to test-
    Are you getting mitigation from armour rating? Test no armour on, compare with 7L, 7M, 7H white non set gear
    Are racial/armour passives working?
    Are the red cp actually doing anything?
    Is penetration being reflected somehow? Try with 0 added pen so just the 100 base compared with 5L spinners +sharp staff
    Is minor maim working?
    Those would be a good place to start and get crossed off the list
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD