The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crashing alot when zoning after the patch

• shreek1
    shreek1
    ✭✭
    Its only happened for me when zoning into a heavily populated zone. Deshaan multiple times and from Deshaan to Rawlka.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    loading into rawlkha from anywhere especially ebon heart chateau = crash
  • RAMdisk
    RAMdisk
    <forgot to mention in my case; European server.

Still not able to login. -when I click play on the splashscreen, which functions fine, i go black and get the crash report.
    No funny warnings whatsoever.

Me thinks this patch is fubar.
  • Amarinth
    Amarinth
    ✭✭
    Before the patch I'd only crash occasionally while zoning into a busy area, but now it's crashing regular as clockwork and not just upon zoning. I'll just be standing in Belkarth minding my own business for a few minutes and BAM crash to desktop.

It always happens in busy areas, mostly hub cities like Belkarth and Mournhold. This whole thing would suck a lot less if the game did not force me to go to those cities to hand in my crafting writs & master writs!

Also while posting this I spent over 10 minutes trying to get back into Mournhold after I crashed to desktop. Everytime I tried to log back into my character the game would spend 1-2 minutes on the Deshaan loading screen and then throw me back to the login screen with the error "Cannot connect to the game server. Make sure you have a valid internet connection".
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Great, thanks for the info everyone. We're working on investigating all this, and will let you know if we need anything else.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC'ing alot as of late when trying to login to Deshaan and Craglorn.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thanks for the info everyone. We're working on investigating all this, and will let you know if we need anything else.

Can you guys consider a patch rollback? its quite unplayable as it is.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    PC -EU

Crash when I use a wayshrine, or more to the point I get an infinite loading screen.

There doesn't seem to be any reason behind it, perhaps the more populated areas but all load times are longer and I just wait and hope. Sometimes I get lucky mostly I don't and I end up tabing to windows and closing ESO.
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    Cant even load into the game, infinite load times.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm from EU PC and this is continuously happening.

Last night I was trying to leave a dungeon, but it kept crashing on loading screen so I was in this constant loop of trying to get out of it. Until later I logged in with a different toon. Played for 10 minutes, tried again and it was fine. 30 minutes later, once again randomly kicking me when I try to zone.

Tonight the same issue on different toons. 50% chance I get kicked if I try to load in to/out of a dungeon or simply try to use a Wayshrine to teleport. Then you have to reset the game and launcher to be able to log back into a character again.

Very annoying when you waste 45 minutes trying to get into a dungeon then being kicked from the group 'cause you can't log in.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • DeathlurkZ
    DeathlurkZ
    ✭✭✭
    Same happens ALL THE TIME for me.

I will teleport to my free house (Maras Kiss, or w/e its called), which works great, but when I try and leave.. I get infitinite load screen... I close game, log back in and i appear in my house, I usually try and leave a few more times and encounter the same infinite loading screen. Ill say "screw this" and try and teleport to auridon, or to rawl'kha in reapers march (doubt I spelled that right) and then.... infinite loading screen.... I have to force close again, login back to house, but with less gold each time.... This also happens though from wayshrine to wayshrine, I usually have this happen going to that crowded reapers march town though so I blame it on the amount of players there.... Overall, performace has been degrade significantly since homestead.

I see through walls, players take way longer to load, terrain gets all mess up, when I grind, the mobs and some players are invisible (coldharbour zombie grind is terrible)

Before homestead none of the above occurred. Nothing on my end has changed.
    Edited by DeathlurkZ on February 13, 2017 7:53PM
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Since the patch today I've crashed 4 times in the last 45 minutes. The first 3 times were within 15 minutes. After each crash I can't get back into the game for a bit because it gives an "unable to connect to game server" error. Internet connection is fine. This is not only when zoning, this can happen even when standing still.

I've had no issues since Homestead but having constant crashes today after the small patch. I see many complaining on the forums about this since todays patch.
  • Darshan
    Darshan
    ✭✭
    The game has been very unstable this evening. I firstly tried logging in with a character in deshaan, I couldn't get past the character loading screen, than an error relating to the server appeared. However I could log in with a character in grahtwood.

While doing the The Vile Manse in Reapers March, the game crashed twice. The error presented was different.

PC+EU

• Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Europe
    Travel to Mourhold in Deshaan - arrived wayshrine and there is no-body at all in town. I can not interact with anything.
    Tried /reloadui and crashed out. Now I can not log back in.
    Twice I have got as far as character select, loading, Deshaan splash screen, crash out of game. Make that three times.
  • SunTzuJJ_ESO
    SunTzuJJ_ESO
    ✭✭
    I can't even get past the login screen. Stuck in the infinite load screen loop.
    Keep Calm and Duper On
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also crashing alot when just standing still in Mournhold... <,<
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, me too.
    Just standing and crash.

PC/NA
  • Spage
    Spage
    ✭✭✭
    Cant even load into the game, infinite load times.

Same here. Since the latest patch, when I try to log in I get an endless load screen, then it boots me to Login saying I've been disconnected due to inactivity.

Been trying to get into the game for hours. Would happily take crashes at this point - just want to get into the damn game!
    @Spage
    PC/NA
    GM, Real Guild Best Guild
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    I crashed every second time I teleported to a different city. It took me 2 hours to find a group and run 2 undaunted quests. I gave up. Something's not right
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide a bit more info? Where are you trying to travel to when you crash? Are you using a wayshrine or traveling to another player? What server/platform are you on?

For me it started after housing update. It mostly happens when you travel to more populated zone - for example the game crashed for me 3 times in a row when I was travelling via wayshrine from Shadowfen (Stormhold) to Deshaan (Mournhold). The fourth time I just traveld to other wayshrine in Deshaan and it worked (then I was able to travel to Mournhold wayshrine via other in-zone wayshrine).

EU server
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 13, 2017 9:24PM
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide a bit more info? Where are you trying to travel to when you crash? Are you using a wayshrine or traveling to another player? What server/platform are you on?

Reapers March. Especially during busy times.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty much "Tamriel-wide".

The game crashes to Title Screen doing... really anything. It was happening to me in Alik'r while trying to get into the Outlaw's Refuge from the entrance behind the Inn. It happened while I was at an Alchemy station in Deshaan (Mournhold). It happens when we hit the (expotentially increasing) random loading screens when in a city/out in the wilderness (even when I'm the only one around for miles). It happens in Delves (which is accompanied with a lag spike and associated framerate drops), making mob and Boss fight in those Delves nigh impossible.

It happens when using a Wayshrine or using the teleport feature to go from the wilderness to a Wayshrine.

Pretty much, it's everywhere.

I play on Xbox One, NA server.

And it happens at all times of the day, not just peak hours.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    SO...

"Fixed a crash that could occur when changing zones or using a wayshrine."

The fix is that now more people see the bug? :smiley:

I have found the fix worked for me, I don't crash this way anymore...there are other ways it still crashes, such as when I exit the game, its about 25% crash.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • BrightnessSyl
    BrightnessSyl
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trapped in the Character load screen :( Then crashing to login.
    ~Pinky
    twitch.tv/pinklleesi
    @pinkleesi
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    SO...

I have found the fix worked for me, I don't crash this way anymore...there are other ways it still crashes, such as when I exit the game, its about 25% crash.

Can you post the fix for your crash? @GlassHalfFull
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    SO...

Can you post the fix for your crash? @GlassHalfFull

I took that as a reference to the previous quote about the fix in today's patch.

I haven't had any issues including since the Homestead patch or today's patch, playing on the PC EU server, and have zoned variously between wayshrines, to and from houses, logging into and adventuring in Craglorn etc. I don't group other than co-operatively and am not in any guilds, nor have I ever had any add-ons installed, so maybe the cause of these problems lies somewhere in the coding for those aspects of the game.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "your addons are outdated"
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch seems to have fixed my zoning crashes, *fingers crossed* I didn't just jinx it.

But now I'm plagued with crashes just standing around doing nothing. Twice in Mournhold in a matter of 15 minutes, just standing still.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At first, I thought it was only when porting into Rawl'kha, but I've been crashing when porting into my empty house too. These are kicks to the login screen.

I have also been getting frequent client crashes (where the crash report window shows up). These happen at random times.

I have been kicked to login before Homestead, but only when porting into overpopulated instances. Never into underpopulated areas. I have also never experienced a client crash prior to Homestead. Now they happen 2-3 times a play session.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 14, 2017 1:17AM
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    Never had any crashes before patch, now quite often after long zone loading screen. And also very bad FPS in DLC areas - Hews Bane and Wrothgar, even with few players around.