The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A must fix in a important quest!

oMrRust
oMrRust
✭✭✭✭
Quest: A Tale Forever Told
Malabal Tor
-Retell the story of the Silvenar-
Hints: Protect the Silvenar

Issue: Right when I walk in I speak to the Hound and then The Silvenar and the Silvenar vanishes and does not re appear but the plants do appear but the elements do not come toward the silvenar cause they do not spawn.

I am not the only one with this issue, It seems there has been alot of people going with this issue.

This quest is a requirement to continue to get The Dark Mane quest which gets you Reapers March Questline to finish the Aldmeri Dominion Quest Line.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • SufferinPup
    SufferinPup
    Soul Shriven
    This quest is bugged for me in the same way. Hopefully they fix it soon.
  • TheLittleZeus
    TheLittleZeus
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah same for me hopefully it is hotfixed fast and we don't have to wait till next patch.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhAmex wrote: »
    This quest is a requirement to continue to get The Dark Mane quest which gets you Reapers March Questline to finish the Aldmeri Dominion Quest Line.
    No it isn't. The Dark Mane is not a requirement to starting the Reaper's March questline, and A Tale Forever Told is not part of the prerequisite chain for The Dark Mane anyway. In fact, as much as it should be, considering it contains very story-relevant information, this quest is not part of the story chain at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zekoslav
    Zekoslav
    Soul Shriven
    I am also experiencing this bug, and therefore I am unable to finish the quest. :(

Please fix this as soon as possible.
    Edited by Zekoslav on February 9, 2017 10:48PM
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing this bug as well and cannot continue with the quest. Hopefully it's fixed soon!
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Arsvita
    Having bugged the Auridon save the queen chain with "Lifting the Veil? "Drink ..."

I jumped ahead and found this bug stopping a quest in it's tracks.

At least I got some areas done, but can definitely wait to find any more...

[edit]
    I did not drop the quest, was traveling in Wrothgar and experienced a loading screen, I was transported to the Veiled Heritage training island. I could not interact with anything, but a simple reload fixed the issue, and I was able to continue and complete the quests.
    Edited by Arsvita on February 20, 2017 5:51PM
  • SufferinPup
    SufferinPup
    Soul Shriven
    This quest is now fixed, as of 2/13/2017 (2.7.6).
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yep, as @SufferinPup mentioned, this was fixed in today's PC patch. Let us know if you continue to run into issues, though.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced another bug in the quest chain. I finished the quest to reunite the Silvenar and Green Lady, and normally when you come down from the hall after witnessing the marriage, Lord Gharesh-ri is found having been attacked and you start the Dark Mane quest. However, Gharesh-ri was did not appear although the other members of his party were there. I even re-logged but he still wasn't there. I ended up finishing the Minstrel quest and then came all the way back up to the hall, and he was there then.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Faedriel
    Faedriel
    Soul Shriven
    Quest is still bugged on Xbox one :(
  • LadyBLAKHART
    LadyBLAKHART
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, as @SufferinPup mentioned, this was fixed in today's PC patch. Let us know if you continue to run into issues, though.

I am experiencing the bug on the XB1 for this quest. I contacted customer service in game, the replied via email referring me to the forums. There is not a fix that we can do to unbug the quest. This is something that is on their end. I have restarted the game, left the area, abandoned the quest, several times and nothing works towards progression.
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, also still bugged on PS4 as well.

I was not sure if it bugged because I had done all Aldmeri quests, and moved on to the Ebonheart line.

Definitely agree to what Enodoc said. But I believe it does count on your Malabal Tor Adventurer achievement, with Farandor's marker being on the other side of that door. Unless there is another way to talk to him. Right now I'm at 38 out of 40 quests done in Malabal, these two seem to be the only ones left for me here. Unless I'm that much of a noob, and there are a few extra quests to find in the Tor.
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    ...with Farandor's marker being on the other side of that door..

So yea, total noobage. Keeps saying Farandor is (below) for his marker, but he was up in the houses, when you walk up the bridges.

• GuidoSl
    GuidoSl
    I also have the problem with PS4, the quest can't be completed at this moment
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The fix for this quest will be in the next console incremental patch (scheduled for later this month).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ddpmacho
    ddpmacho
    The fix for this quest will be in the next console incremental patch (scheduled for later this month).

Seriously? Why do we have to wait a month to have this fixed? These patches should be pushed to all platforms at the same time. It's a joke that they're not.
    PS4 - NA
  • atlgirl29_ESO
    atlgirl29_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    edited... since Lifting of the Veil was mentioned, my post/bug was regarding that. 'Drink' is still bugged on the xbox one.
    Edited by atlgirl29_ESO on March 7, 2017 7:13PM