The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Several things to be dropped from the Crown Store Jan. 30

SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The store will be taking several items off the store on Jan. 29th (?) I think* ... the Hist Guar mount, the Haj Mota Hatchling pet, the Northern Lynx, the Badger, a couple of costumes, and several more things. You might want to browse the store to see if anything you want is being retired.

(May make later appearances in Crown Crates, but not for a long time, I'm assuming.)

*EDIT: It was confirmed that they'll be gone the 30th, so I changed the title of the thread.

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Where did you find that out btw?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says it on the Crown Store web site that you can find by doing a Google search (outside the game). http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore

Just go through the listings. Some of them now say "11 days left!" on them. :)
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 19, 2017 2:20AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It says it on the Crown Store web site that you can find by doing a Google search (outside the game). http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore

Thanks dude - quite a lot of costumes are going - including the "bargain" 3 packs of costumes - the nedic and the pirates. Like you said, this is about moving them to crown crates.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on January 19, 2017 2:23AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads' up!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    quite a lot of costumes are going - including the "bargain" 3 packs of costumes - the nedic and the pirates.
    I'm tempted to get the Nedic armor set. The pirate set ... no. LOL. B) Not my style.

• Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone list all of the things leaving the crownstore? For some reason the aforementioned link won't work for me.
    Proud AD for life
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    quite a lot of costumes are going - including the "bargain" 3 packs of costumes - the nedic and the pirates.
    I'm tempted to get the Nedic armor set. The pirate set ... no. LOL. B) Not my style.

A couple of my characters use the nedic sets, quite good for where it's hot and they dye quite well too
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariotar wrote: »
    Can someone list all of the things leaving the crownstore? For some reason the aforementioned link won't work for me.

Other than the Sailor's Squid Goatee and the Wavy Triple Braided Updo, which are limited time offers and being removed in three days, these are the items that will leave the store:

Mounts:
    Hist Guar Mount (1500 Crowns)

Pets:
    Colovian Badger (700 Crowns)
    Haj Mota Hatchling (1000 Crowns)
    Northern Lynx (700 Crowns)

Costumes:
    (700 Crowns each/each pack)
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Summit Lord's Silken Robes (Orc medium outfit)
    Whisperweft Gala Wear (Redguard Female medium outfit/"Pink bellydancer outfit")

Personally, I recommend both costume packs, especially the Nedic Armor one. They are cheap, well-made and dye well.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Ariotar wrote: »

Other than the Sailor's Squid Goatee and the Wavy Triple Braided Updo, which are limited time offers and being removed in three days, these are the items that will leave the store:

Mounts:
    Hist Guar Mount (1500 Crowns)

Pets:
    Colovian Badger (700 Crowns)
    Haj Mota Hatchling (1000 Crowns)
    Northern Lynx (700 Crowns)

Costumes:
    (700 Crowns each/each pack)
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Summit Lord's Silken Robes (Orc medium outfit)
    Whisperweft Gala Wear (Redguard Female medium outfit/"Pink bellydancer outfit")

Personally, I recommend both costume packs, especially the Nedic Armor one. They are cheap, well-made and dye well.

Thanks! Very appreciated. Already have the pirate pack but might check out the Nedic before it goes away.
    Proud AD for life
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Previously they would be the list of items being removed at the bottom of the monthly showcase.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom are these really being removed? Or is it a crown store bug with the days left?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Wow. Previously they would be the list of items being removed at the bottom of the monthly showcase.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom are these really being removed? Or is it a crown store bug with the days left?

I would also like to know if this is my last chance to buy these items. I doubt I could find it again, but I recall it being mentioned in a staff post a year or two ago that they would be sure to make an announcement when items were scheduled to leave the store. This was after some of the non-limited items were removed and people were upset about not receiving enough notice.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

I would also like to know if this is my last chance to buy these items. I doubt I could find it again, but I recall it being mentioned in a staff post a year or two ago that they would be sure to make an announcement when items were scheduled to leave the store. This was after some of the non-limited items were removed and people were upset about not receiving enough notice.

Honestly, I went and bought the Nedic Armor Pack, which was in the "sorta want but maybe will buy later" priority list for me, because I imagine these are being removed to prepare for the next season of Crown Crates (which, of course, I'm not buying).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Honestly, I went and bought the Nedic Armor Pack, which was in the "sorta want but maybe will buy later" priority list for me, because I imagine these are being removed to prepare for the next season of Crown Crates (which, of course, I'm not buying).
    Yeah, I liked these too, but not enough to jump on them when they came out, thinking another costume pack would come along that I liked better (I don't need to have ALL the things). Now they seem to be moving away from costume packs in favor of single costumes, and removing the old packs to split up and put in the crown crates. Since it's looking like now or never I'll probably pick this up, but it would be awfully nice to have an official announcement.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_JessicaFolsom are these really being removed? Or is it a crown store bug with the days left?

@Slurg if we use history as an example.. the only way you'll see these items again is in crown crates. Yes I do recall that, and ever since then they have been putting it at the very bottom of the monthly showcase what they are removing, so I always check. Someone dropped the ball and forgot to add that part I'm guessing.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS_JessicaFolsom are these really being removed? Or is it a crown store bug with the days left?

@Slurg if we use history as an example.. the only way you'll see these items again is in crown crates. Yes I do recall that, and ever since then they have been putting it at the very bottom of the monthly showcase what they are removing, so I always check. Someone dropped the ball and forgot to add that part I'm guessing.
    Absolutely - since I don't buy crown crates, I would consider this my last chance to get these items, if they are in fact being removed.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good eye you have.
    thank you for the post.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We checked into this and those eight items are indeed being retired from the ESO Crown Store on the morning (EST) of January 30th. As some of you pointed out, we do normally let everyone know about items that are being retired in that month's Crown Store Showcase article. The fact that we didn't this time was an oversight, and we apologize. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so we could ensure we get the word out here and on our social media channels.

The items being retired from the Crown Store on January 30th are as @Abeille listed. They are:

Mounts
    Hist Guar

Pets
    Colovian Badger
    Haj Mota Hatchling
    Northern Lynx

Costumes
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Summit Lord's Silken Robes
    Whisperweft Gala Wear
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the confirmation Gina.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was Jess actually ;)
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We checked into this and those eight items are indeed being retired from the ESO Crown Store on the morning (EST) of January 30th. As some of you pointed out, we do normally let everyone know about items that are being retired in that month's Crown Store Showcase article. The fact that we didn't this time was an oversight, and we apologize. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so we could ensure we get the word out here and on our social media channels.

The items being retired from the Crown Store on January 30th are as @Abeille listed. They are:

Mounts
    Hist Guar

Pets
    Colovian Badger
    Haj Mota Hatchling
    Northern Lynx

Costumes
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Whisperweft Gala Wear

Before the Guar gets removed, is it possible for me to gift my one to someone? I have it, will never use it and I'm assuming with the current gifting programme in place this counts as a gift-able item? I'm on PS4 EU.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was Jess actually ;)

Hah. I must have been looking at a few things today and got them confused. <3 Jess!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the official confirmation! I will plan on picking up the items I want from this list before January 30.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Before the Guar gets removed, is it possible for me to gift my one to someone? I have it, will never use it and I'm assuming with the current gifting programme in place this counts as a gift-able item? I'm on PS4 EU.

I'm not 100% sure, but you can contact our Support team and ask. :) Just submit a ticket in-game or via our Support portal and explain what you'd like to do. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Mounts
    Hist Guar

Pets
    Colovian Badger
    Haj Mota Hatchling
    Northern Lynx

Costumes
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Whisperweft Gala Wear

Can you tell us whether any of the items currently available in crown crates will be removed when the new items are introduced? I'm assuming the spriggan crates will be replacing the atronach ones, but will the other mounts, costumes, etc available for gems be changing? Specifically I'm wondering if the wrestler's buzz cut will be leaving, but I'm sure other people would like some advanced notice if items they have their eye on will be retiring.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Vudokan wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Mounts
    Hist Guar

Pets
    Colovian Badger
    Haj Mota Hatchling
    Northern Lynx

Costumes
    Nedic Armor Pack
    Pirate Costume Pack
    Whisperweft Gala Wear

Can you tell us whether any of the items currently available in crown crates will be removed when the new items are introduced? I'm assuming the spriggan crates will be replacing the atronach ones, but will the other mounts, costumes, etc available for gems be changing? Specifically I'm wondering if the wrestler's buzz cut will be leaving, but I'm sure other people would like some advanced notice if items they have their eye on will be retiring.

Could we please get a ZOS response to this question? Which items currently available in Storm Atronach crown crates will be no longer available once Spriggan crown crates are released?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vudokan

The are probably not going to respond your post as this thread topic does not pertain to crown crates. There is no way they can read every thread and respond to every comment posted by everyone. Especially if they answered the question in another thread or announcement .....

If you look at the Crown Crate Announcement, they will be seasonal. So it seems logical that the Atronach with be replace with the next items. They are always removing crown store items to make room for new ones, so it seems logical they will be removing Atronach to make room for the next season .....
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if these items will still be on the crown store when servers go up as I was planning on picking them up but didn't account for the weird server maintenance time for EU.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    @Vudokan

The are probably not going to respond your post as this thread topic does not pertain to crown crates. There is no way they can read every thread and respond to every comment posted by everyone. Especially if they answered the question in another thread or announcement .....

If you look at the Crown Crate Announcement, they will be seasonal. So it seems logical that the Atronach with be replace with the next items. They are always removing crown store items to make room for new ones, so it seems logical they will be removing Atronach to make room for the next season .....

The thread is about things being dropped from the crown store, of course it's the proper place to ask this. And while your speculation seems plausible, I'd prefer to rely on official information for this.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stupid question....are those items available thru today or discontined after today, meaning we can still get em today
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vudokan wrote: »
    Balibe wrote: »
    @Vudokan

The thread is about things being dropped from the crown store, of course it's the proper place to ask this. And while your speculation seems plausible, I'd prefer to rely on official information for this.

Don't hold your breath for your official response as to me the announcement is fairly clear ......