Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox One EU: Can't load the zones or game

arun_rajputb16_ESO
arun_rajputb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I've raised this with the support desk and they're not interested so I'll post this here in the hope someone can help.

A large majority of people (I base that on the number of people I've spoken to about this.... approx 50 people... they're ALL experiencing it). I am running into a lot of long load screens when trying to login or change zones. This occurs most frequently with dungeons, trials, Stormhaven, Wrothgar, Shadowfen, Bangkorai and Alik'ir.

Now, it's unlikely to be:

Local internet connection problems
Cable issues
NAT/PAT/Port Forwarding
Xbox on off
Reinstallation

as people from UK, France, Germany, Norway, USA and Middle East are also experiencing this and I've tried the rest.

I'm desperately trying to get my voice heard on this as the game is unplayable for some at the moment. The support desk are adamant it's not a ZoS issue. That being the case, why do I not have these issues when loading into Craglorn or Rivenspire? Does my ISP prefer Shornhelm over Wayrest?!?!

Please please, someone acknowledge this and let us know you're working on the issue. Your support desk is telling people it's a local end user problem and this is clearly not the case.

I've loaded into the game for the fourth time in 35 minutes. I've successfully and quickly loaded into Craglorn. I am trying to get to wayrest. On the previous three attempts, I was stuck in long load screens.

I'm a network and server engineer so use me if you want to troubleshoot. I'd be happy to help.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then i guess i am number 51!

been having these exact problems with the very zones you mention and the gold coast & Hews bane.

additionally i am encountering the same loading problems when trying to load into ALL dungeons, delves & trials.

i clear my saved date every time i am 'dashboarded' or force a quit.

i hard reset my xbox every day

i reset my router once a week

my ports are all 'working as intended'
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When did you guys start running into this issue? Today/within the past few hours, or has this been going on for days/weeks?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Since the update yesterday with the servers its been even worse but first started with the 2.7.update for me.
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When did you guys start running into this issue? Today/within the past few hours, or has this been going on for days/weeks?

Finally, my voice is heard!! Thank you Gina. It started with New Life and has got worse. Stormhaven started yesterday after the server maintenance.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I returned to the game (following a 2 month break) for the new life festival & i have been experiencing it since i returned

I have submitted reports which were responded to but not usefull/helpfull as they pushed the blame on to my xbox/internet when i specifically stated that it was only certain zones/content that were effected.

i also made a bug report thread here on the forum as for me at least it started as just Alikr dessert, but then spread to other zones. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/308956/alikr-dessert-xbox#latest
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, just confirming that the team is aware of this and have been investigating what the cause is. Unfortunately without knowing what's causing the issue, we're unable to provide any potential solutions or workarounds. We'll give you updates as we're able, though.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • digginscooby64
    digginscooby64
    Soul Shriven
    Have just left a new topic in forum along the same lines;

Unable to load character from first login screen which is meant to restart me in Malabal Tor. had problems in this area yesterday getting out of a delve back to main map. Now character refuses to login from start menu. Therefore unable to play on that character.

have reset etc etc so not sure what the problem is. It has become worse since the recent update.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Just deleted my saved game data and restarted the game. I'm still having long load screens.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, just confirming that the team is aware of this and have been investigating what the cause is. Unfortunately without knowing what's causing the issue, we're unable to provide any potential solutions or workarounds. We'll give you updates as we're able, though.

I went into quite some detail in my email bug report on the issue
    Customer Service Ticket [Incident: 161224-001802]
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is unplayable right now. I've been on for 2 hours and 40 minutes. about 2 hours and 20 of those have been long load screens.
  • ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you serious that you guys heard of this issue the first time? o.O
    I'm pretty sure that bug exists already over a month now ...

I can't say what causes it but its there since we got the fix for not being able to log out. I bet you messed something up there ...

I'm not sure that you get the endless loading screen on specific areas but it happens more often while trying to travel to a group dungeon or a random delve. You just see the normal loading screen then the little "loading circle" freezes for a moment and you already know you got a endless loading screen. Most of the times after you closed the game and loaded back in you'll get it again if you try to travel to the same spot ...

Sorry for my bad english :p
    Edited by ChRiS_the_GaMeR on January 20, 2017 1:20AM
  • icemere
    icemere
    I too have endured the long load time bug which results in me forcibly closing the game client down, as it refuses to proceed beyond the load screen. I too started suffering this problem since the new life festival patch, and its gradually gotten worse, today I cannot even get past the charector select screen, Its just freezing on requesting charector load(charector is in stros M'Kai) . It takes mulitple attempts sometimes to get delves or specific zones aka Bangkorai, Stormhaven, Shadowfen and occasinally alik'r, out of them shadowfen is the worst for me, so much so that I am refusing to enter the area, as it crashes 95% of them time when either entering the zone, or a delve within it after finally getting the zone to load.
    "It's better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved, for who you are not"
    "life is for living, Not regretting"
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two of my toons now stuck in storm haven and one of them is my crafter
  • icemere
    icemere
    icemere wrote: »
    I too have endured the long load time bug which results in me forcibly closing the game client down, as it refuses to proceed beyond the load screen. I too started suffering this problem since the new life festival patch, and its gradually gotten worse, today I cannot even get past the charector select screen, Its just freezing on requesting charector load(charector is in stros M'Kai) . It takes mulitple attempts sometimes to get delves or specific zones aka Bangkorai, Stormhaven, Shadowfen and occasinally alik'r, out of them shadowfen is the worst for me, so much so that I am refusing to enter the area, as it crashes 95% of them time when either entering the zone, or a delve within it after finally getting the zone to load.

I am now getting an unexpected internal error has occurred. leas contact customer services while trying to log into the game, its not even reaching the charector select screen.
    "It's better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved, for who you are not"
  • icemere
    icemere

I am now getting an unexpected internal error has occurred. please contact customer services while trying to log into the game, its not even reaching the charector select screen.

I finally got onto charector select after 4 attempts, I will get a notepad out and jot down any areas that fail to load correctly, and write a better bug report. I do tend to get the above error as well as a 303 error code, this is on the xbox one EU server.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to do vet MoL tonight. But half the guild couldn't log on so we didn't.
    I got an email from ZOS saying they're working on it. Hopefully it'll be fix d soon....... Until the next update :neutral:
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Within the last week.

I am stuck in Stormhaven on Xbox EU with two of my characters. I need at least 7, 8, 9 tries to log them in, sometimes it doesn't work anyhow.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 23, 2017 2:09PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • GeorgeParker
    I am stunned the support desk refused to accept the issues were Server side, no chance of fixing a problem if you cannot accept there is a problem.
  • Vahx
    Vahx

what?? people have been posting about this for over 2 weeks now.
  • GeorgeParker
    Noticed a big improvement in the game, can access all characters and get around wayshrines better, hopefully everyone else's experience has improved.
    Thanks ZOS.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed a big improvement in the game, can access all characters and get around wayshrines better, hopefully everyone else's experience has improved.
    Thanks ZOS.

Yep. Haven't had any issues in the last 2 days. They did something to solve this problem.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -