The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else has ESO Plus removed today?

• BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    capahab wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.

Please do. We thought it was cool until Steam was down for some reason or another recently. Tried to log in via the normal client (which was still installed) and were really shocked to see that we couldn't. Instant regret.

@theivorykitty

Okay, can now confirm. I log in through Steam and ESO+ is not active.

Then I tried:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Might not work if you signed up through Steam to start with, but most definitely works with old accounts that were later linked to Steam.

Thank You. This worked after an hour of precious time jacking around with this stupid BS. Much appreciated.

This also worked for me.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Duraldo wrote: »
    seems alot of steam user have issues i just relaunched using eso64 and it was working fine for me after

This doesn't work for me. It still says password incorrect, need to log in through steam.

then u must be doing it wrong because every person today thats had the issue and followed my instructions to relaunch the game using eso64.exe(the one that bypasses launcher) and as resolved the issue of no eso plus as for your incorrect password well your flat out of luck non of my guildies have reported that (50 + members that have steam accounts)

Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on January 19, 2017 9:57AM
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Seems like its still broken till now.

As an old member whose account was linked with steam laters, I am safe as this does not occur while you play the game from the desktop not using steam.

But really, when there is everything ok after regular maintenace, there has to be something screwed up with account maintenance....

I am kinda sorry for those ppl paying ESO+ who bought the game via steam recently....
  • Wanderer202
    Wanderer202
    ✭✭
    For the record, you don't even have to bypass the launcher, you just need to extricate the launcher from steam. I did this through the following process:

1) Launch the launcher through Steam as normal, directly from the library (But don't launch the game, silly).
    2) Right click on the Elder Scrolls Online icon and "Pin to taskbar" (Don't just drag a Steam created desktop shortcut to pin to the taskbar, this won't work).
    3) Close the current instance of the launcher, as launched by Steam, and re-launch from the shiny new taskbar icon instead.
    4) Profit. This has worked for every one of my guildies that I have advised so far.

Full disclosure, Steam will of course no longer automatically bypass your user name and password for you if it's not the one launching it, so if you don't remember these details, you're SoL. Second, at least one person I know gets an Error 210: Unable to download manifest error when they launch without Steam; if this is you then you will need to bypass the launcher via the executable directly as described by others. Also, keep in mind that it does want your username, not your email address. If you're still having trouble signing in, try resetting your password via the account page on the web-site.
    Edited by Wanderer202 on January 19, 2017 10:29AM
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Still an issue today running through the steam client on the EU Servers. Thought it might be fixed as the notification is not showing that they are running maintenance. But I guess not... NOOOOOOO I HAVE TO LOG IN WITH MY FINGERS AGAIN.....!!!
  • Drastine
    Drastine
    Soul Shriven
    I was having this issue earlier, bypassing steam fixed it for me and I have my plus back.
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭
    Quick update: The fix for this issue is currently being tested. We'll let you know as soon as the fix is live.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : Since this is still an issue the next day, will we be credited additional time on our ESO+ subscriptions?
  • Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    I lost mine too
    Stuff and things
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    My ESO+ will come up for renewal in less than 24 hours. Can you let us know if this will be fixed for Steam players? If we are going to have to activate ESO+ through other means, can you let us know something soon so I can switch over to that new way and not pay double for the service?
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, yesterday evening I posted on the forums becouse I was able to put my materials into crafting bag even though I have never bought ESO+ :tongue:
  • syntaxsue_ESO
    syntaxsue_ESO
    ✭✭
    For the record, you don't even have to bypass the launcher, you just need to extricate the launcher from steam. I did this through the following process:

1) Launch the launcher through Steam as normal, directly from the library (But don't launch the game, silly).
    2) Right click on the Elder Scrolls Online icon and "Pin to taskbar" (Don't just drag a Steam created desktop shortcut to pin to the taskbar, this won't work).
    3) Close the current instance of the launcher, as launched by Steam, and re-launch from the shiny new taskbar icon instead.
    4) Profit. This has worked for every one of my guildies that I have advised so far.

Full disclosure, Steam will of course no longer automatically bypass your user name and password for you if it's not the one launching it, so if you don't remember these details, you're SoL. Second, at least one person I know gets an Error 210: Unable to download manifest error when they launch without Steam; if this is you then you will need to bypass the launcher via the executable directly as described by others. Also, keep in mind that it does want your username, not your email address. If you're still having trouble signing in, try resetting your password via the account page on the web-site.

We tried to follow your directions, which are a little confusing because you say don't use the Steam created icon, but it's the only icon that can be right clicked that gives the option to pin to taskbar. Right clicking the desktop shortcut created by Steam and pinning that to the taskbar is just relocating the same icon you say not to use. Exactly WHAT icon are you right clicking on? The Steam created desktop shortcut you say don't use, or an icon somewhere else?

Incidentally - the login error we are having is not due to having the wrong credentials because it log us into the ESO web page just fine - but if we launch the game any other way than through the steam, it will fail the login.
    Edited by syntaxsue_ESO on January 19, 2017 12:39PM
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: The fix for this issue is currently being tested. We'll let you know as soon as the fix is live.

1. This was yesterday early afternoon (EST) Did Sithis trap you in the void? Should we start praying to the void to release you?
    2. A least two players have developed workarounds and are proliferating them to the player population? Uhmm..? Is ESO moving to a self-service platform? If Steam can be so easily bypassed, why don't we all just do this?

Why do we feel ZOS just really doesn't care about its customers? Is this ever discussed at staff meetings?
    /facepalm
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Funny, yesterday evening I posted on the forums becouse I was able to put my materials into crafting bag even though I have never bought ESO+ :tongue:

Yeah, umm, about that....

I really don't want to get an account ban but all my crafting materials just relocated themselves to a craft bag I'm not paying for. I don't sub! Seriously let it be noted here I am not trying to take advantage of an E X P L O I T. It is not like I have any control over this and I want to have access to the DLC's that I did pay for.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »

I really don't want to get an account ban but all my crafting materials just relocated themselves to a craft bag I'm not paying for. I don't sub! Seriously let it be noted here I am not trying to take advantage of an E X P L O I T. It is not like I have any control over this and I want to have access to the DLC's that I did pay for.

Are you saying that impacted people don't have access to DLCs they bought in crowns ???
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »

Are you saying that impacted people don't have access to DLCs they bought in crowns ???

No idea. I lost all my DLC's I got with buying Tamriel Unlimted on sale thru Steam. But they are back again if I use the old launcher. Don't know if Steam connected accounts that got their DLC thru crown store have been likewise effected by this bug.
  • Zaidtro
    Zaidtro
    ✭✭✭
    Login will fail when I bypass Steam as long as I bought it from steam...

does Zenimax even know this problem exists?
    I never claimed to be a smallscaler ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi guys, apologies for the late update on this. Unfortunately the fix we had in testing yesterday did not completely resolve the issue, so we're continuing to work on it today. At this time, the earliest we could have a fix ready is this afternoon.

If you have linked your Steam account to an existing ESO account, you could try playing through the regular PC client and still see your ESO Plus benefits.

We'll keep you updated on the progress today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

We tried to follow your directions, which are a little confusing because you say don't use the Steam created icon, but it's the only icon that can be right clicked that gives the option to pin to taskbar. Right clicking the desktop shortcut created by Steam and pinning that to the taskbar is just relocating the same icon you say not to use. Exactly WHAT icon are you right clicking on? The Steam created desktop shortcut you say don't use, or an icon somewhere else?

Incidentally - the login error we are having is not due to having the wrong credentials because it log us into the ESO web page just fine - but if we launch the game any other way than through the steam, it will fail the login.

^^
    These wonderful little bypasses that are "no brainers" never work for me either. But since ZOS can't be bothered to help us, guess I'll just watch some movies.
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 19, 2017 2:55PM
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, apologies for the late update on this. Unfortunately the fix we had in testing yesterday did not completely resolve the issue, so we're continuing to work on it today. At this time, the earliest we could have a fix ready is this afternoon.

If you have linked your Steam account to an existing ESO account, you could try playing through the regular PC client and still see your ESO Plus benefits.

Thanks for the update, Gina, but please be aware that some users (myself included) are unable to play the game through the "regular PC client". So this means that some of us are still in the same fix as yesterday.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaidtro wrote: »
    Login will fail when I bypass Steam as long as I bought it from steam...

does Zenimax even know this problem exists?

They're turtling. Hoping we'll just give up and move on. Which I am, as of now, doing. Read back through this thread. Seems most players use utilizing one or another of the posted workarounds which I won't do. Good luck. I'm out...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thanks for the update, Gina, but please be aware that some users (myself included) are unable to play the game through the "regular PC client". So this means that some of us are still in the same fix as yesterday.

Yep, totally understand. We're working hard to get it fixed ASAP!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it intentional to give the only thing that made subscribers unique (craft bag) free to non subscribers?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this but, sorry, you're going to have to do better to begin to restore my faith in this company and product.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Was it intentional to give the only thing that made subscribers unique (craft bag) free to non subscribers?
    I'm assuming that's part of the same bug. Looks like some of the ESO Plus states were reversed; people who should have it got it removed, and people who don't have it got it added.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • VarilRau
    VarilRau
    ✭✭✭
    PC/MAC REMAINING ESO PLUS™ TIME
    You have 28 days of ESO Plus™ time remaining on your PC/Mac account.

At least there is a working counter. 28 days and i wont have eso+ anymore so maybe then i get it back? Its been over a day with no DLC access/craft bag.

And still no ETA exept that what you tried yesterday didnt work out? I suppose you have had a team working on this the past 24hours? Or will you get back to it after the next patch?
    Varil Rau, Mag sorcerer
    Viiltoveikko, Stam sorcerer
    Meadshield, nord dragonknight

DC EU
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, but this doesn't squelch any concerns we have. We've heard this before. It's time that we have a dialogue in regards to how your maintenance teams handle things because messing with our subscriptions (and our personal info) was the last straw. DDoS attacks and this at the same time? People who're non-Steam get the bag and we have to deal with workarounds because of something your maintenance teams screwed up in the first place. We counted on you (ZoS) to be professional about these things with our accounts and all I'm seeing is "Hang tight, we'll have a fix" and then no word until the next DAY. If this was any other company, people would have gotten fired for that.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Ganesha
    Ganesha
    I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.

Please do. We thought it was cool until Steam was down for some reason or another recently. Tried to log in via the normal client (which was still installed) and were really shocked to see that we couldn't. Instant regret.

@theivorykitty

Okay, can now confirm. I log in through Steam and ESO+ is not active.

Then I tried:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

wayfarerx/******

Logged in, ESO+ active.

Might not work if you signed up through Steam to start with, but most definitely works with old accounts that were later linked to Steam.

I notice this has not been fixed yet, though the above menitoned workaruond does seem to work.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this was any other company, people would have gotten fired for that.

Nice assumption. Funny how customers always think that. Go work in a support field for a few days. Come back when reality sinks in.
  • rgrmax
    rgrmax
    same issue even today, paying for ESO plus membership and since the latest maint. patch no longer one but still paying for it.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the non steam client is working for me but if it wasn't I would be very mad. Paying customers are not getting what they paid real money for.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!