The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

6+ hours house editing and 40+ items VANISH

Nighn_9
Nighn_9
✭✭✭✭✭
So I bought the Grand Topal Hideaway on the pts and have been editing it for the past 2 days. I spent a good 6+ hours yesterday on the finishing touches to make it look exactly like I wanted. I log in just now and tons of items have just vanished. I did not give anyone decorator permissions. All the items I used have been from the crown store and from the furnished island. Lastly, all of the items that have "disappeared" are not in my inventory and are nowhere to be found.

Thank goodness this is still on the PTS.... :(
NA / PC
November Beta 2013
WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    That happens to me too in the Ebonheart Chateau, achievement items go *puff*
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    That's rather disconcerting o--o

Was there any pattern to which items went missing?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had individual items go missing, most noticeably a breton dining table and a redguard rug. But nothing this drastic.

It's still pretty concerning though because I bought both from the crown store and when they disappeared they weren't in the retrieval list or in my bank or inventory (on any character), they were completely gone. On the PTS it doesn't matter - I can just buy them again, but on Live that would be about £5 gone. And without any purchase history for the crown store I don't know what would happen if you contacted Support to get them back.

(Before anyone says it no £5 is not a lot of money, but it's more than I want to spend on absolutely nothing.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Don't know who looks after this forum but certainly an issue devs need to be aware of.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue was resolved in the last PTS incremental patch:
    • Fixed an issue that caused furnishing collectibles to not save correctly, causing them to no longer be placed when you returned to a home.

That said, if you're still running into this issue, please let us know!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an Orcish Wash Tub go missing, it was crafted, I placed it and then ported out to check some of the achievement merchants, when I returned the wash tub was gone, I checked in the retrieve menu but it was not there
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @tribbsb16_ESO Did you run into that issue before or after the PTS patch on Monday (v2.7.2)?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello @ZOS_GinaBruno this happened after the patch v2.7.2

I'm from EU, not sure if that makes a difference, also I placed the item in a furnished house
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello @ZOS_GinaBruno this happened after the patch v2.7.2

I'm from EU, not sure if that makes a difference, also I placed the item in a furnished house

Same here, I did some furnishing yesterday, so after patch, and Redguard curtain went missing after going to another zone.
    Also PC EU.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you had a visit from the thieves guild :trollface:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once I finished updating SaveHouse (hopefully over the next 2 days) it should be pretty easy to know which items went missing. It allows you to save your current furniture placements (/sh save <name>) and show which items are missing (/sh req <name>).
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super @ZOS_GinaBruno to the rescue. Just need to know who to call.

Thx Lady Gina. I expect you'll have all 3 manors.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I finished updating SaveHouse (hopefully over the next 2 days) it should be pretty easy to know which items went missing. It allows you to save your current furniture placements (/sh save <name>) and show which items are missing (/sh req <name>).

/bookmarked :)<3
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    @tribbsb16_ESO Did you run into that issue before or after the PTS patch on Monday (v2.7.2)?

how would I check? all NA toons were pulled from PTS and sorry but not grinding a new toon for this. If NA toons are accessible again, I'll gladly go test 2.7.2
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I would also like to report a missing chair.

Earlier this evening I was relaxing with a friend on my newly made terrace in Velothie Reverie:
    Screenshot_20170118_201639.png

I come back a few hours later and one chair is gone:
    Screenshot_20170118_225413.png

It's not in the inventory:
    Screenshot_20170118_225440.png

And the only other chair of the same type in the house is the one that is still standing next to me:
    Screenshot_20170118_225518.png

:'(

Edit: the visiting friend only has visiting rights and cannot move items.
    Edited by Incognitius on January 18, 2017 10:11PM
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem is still happening as of 6pm EST 01/18

I bought a Khajiit Tent with crowns and placed it on the property.
    I got auto-disconnected due to inactivity.
    When I came back the item was missing, also missing from inventory, and the crowns are gone.

I relogged a 2nd time to make sure it wouldn't come back and it's gone for good.
  • zayven
    zayven
    The PTS has seemingly competely reset for me. No characters, no nothing. I don't even have the Imperial Edition anymore apparently... so everything I'd been experimenting with on the PTS is completely gone. I don't even have access to my main account characters >.>

Note: I also don't have access to the crown store, either.
    Edited by zayven on January 18, 2017 11:35PM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zayven wrote: »
    The PTS has seemingly competely reset for me. No characters, no nothing. I don't even have the Imperial Edition anymore apparently... so everything I'd been experimenting with on the PTS is completely gone. I don't even have access to my main account characters >.>

Note: I also don't have access to the crown store, either.

If you are on NA server, that is because they remove NA characters after a few weeks and put the EU characters in. We have to take turns! But you can still make a new template character to play around with.
  • zayven
    zayven
    Ah, gotcha! It's my first time on the PTS, thanks. So it essentially erases your entire PTS account every few weeks? Is there any way for it to recognize that I have the Imperial Edition? Will the crown store become available again? I did re-make a template character.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it will know you have imperial edition/eso+
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just experienced the bug. I lost a 400 crown tapestry. It is nowhere to be found in my inventory nor can I recall it. It has completely vanished.

This is PTS patch 2.7.2
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 19, 2017 9:57AM
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just b4 patch only a few items at a time were being taken. Nothing compared to when I first experienced this. I'm sure it'll be okay at launch
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    zayven wrote: »
    Ah, gotcha! It's my first time on the PTS, thanks. So it essentially erases your entire PTS account every few weeks? Is there any way for it to recognize that I have the Imperial Edition? Will the crown store become available again? I did re-make a template character.

Hi zayven, I think it will only recognize that you have the Imperial Edition, if you bought it before it was moved to the crown store. If you bought it later, you'll have to buy it again for 1 crown on the PTS (and don't worry, your PTS crowns refresh every day).

As for the crown store itself, try opening it a second time. I think you might have the same issue as me. When I first open it, I get the message that it's currently not available. Then I close it and reopen it and everything is, as it's supposed to.
  • GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    That happens to me too in the Ebonheart Chateau, achievement items go *puff*
    This issue was resolved in the last PTS incremental patch:
    • Fixed an issue that caused furnishing collectibles to not save correctly, causing them to no longer be placed when you returned to a home.

That said, if you're still running into this issue, please let us know!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I started after the EU copy, so should be after the patch.

So far the following items vanished from my home (Ebonheart Chateau) - I took the furnished option btw:

1x Serien's Stand - 10k
    1x Statue of the Wolf - 7.5k
    1x Replica of Ansei Sword - 35k
    1x Imperial Pillar (straight) - 400 crowns
    1x Imperial Forge - 400 crowns
    1 book of a collection set I bought from the Mystic - set costs 5k
    1x Rough planks (narrow) - 10 crowns

I might update if I "lose" more.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also still losing items with the current patch. I just lost a khajiit fireplace/pit, which I had placed in a home. I haven't placed a lot of collectibles (as that's the only things actually mentioned in the patch notes) in homes with this patch, so I can't say, if they still vanish. But furniture definately does.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I would also like to report a missing chair.

Earlier this evening I was relaxing with a friend on my newly made terrace in Velothie Reverie:
    Screenshot_20170118_201639.png

I come back a few hours later and one chair is gone:
    Screenshot_20170118_225413.png

I just noticed now that one of my three rugs has gone missing in this picture as well.

Also today after coming back to Autumn gate I noticed that a set of rough planks had gone missing, as well as a Khajiit pillar.

Been furnishing three days, and three days one or two items have gone missing. Have to admit, it has me worried. :'(
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit, it has me worried. :'(
    If Zos had the customer service it did back in 2015 I wouldn't be worried. But at this point it's just about impossible to get anything other than a form letter reply telling you to F off.

Something disappear from your inventory?
    ZOS: Sorry we can't help you with items you destroyed.

Buy something on a guild trader that never arrives?
    ZOS: Don't pay for vamp bites.

I'm just waiting for some 400 crown pillar to disappear and you get a form reply back that isn't even in the same realm of subject matter.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just experienced the bug. I lost a 400 crown tapestry. It is nowhere to be found in my inventory nor can I recall it. It has completely vanished.

This is PTS patch 2.7.2

Just had anothet crown store furnishing disappear without a trace. This bug has definitely not been fixed.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items are still going missing, I had a Fern Plant, Vibrant that I'd placed in a pot, after logging out and returning it is no longer there, not in the retrieve menu, not in my inventory. This is after patch 2.7.3
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the bug has not been fixed in patch 2.7.3 either. Just lost a 400 crown painting. Gone from the property and my inventory. Also lost a tree in my yard.