The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Fails to deliver promises.

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ComboBreaker88 you made a good point about this is one reason why I left my Guild's. And the fact that there's no title to everybody in the guild when housing comes.
    Edited by Inhuman003 on January 17, 2017 9:42PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the add image section wouldn't allow me to put the picture in.. but over a year ago they promised in the "Year Ahead 2016" to give us a looking for guild system and guild management utilities. Since this announcement they have not even mentioned they are working on it. It has completely vanished behind the gamble boxes.

Other games have this functionality and those that do typically a player can only be in one guild. I can see why they may take a longer approach to this as it takes time to implement a system like this in a game, unless it was designed when the game was originally be developed.

I look forward to how this is implemented.

As for devs failing on promises; I know that most devs come out in the beginning of the calendar year and list off items they want to work on that year, some of those items are carry overs from the year before and other items are new. I would state out of the ones listed a good dev team will typically complete 2-3 of them and anything above that is great but normally the rest are either cancelled or pushed off until the next year.

One MMO game I was playing the dev team made many promises in 2016, around 6 or so. Only two hit and one hit early and the other hit at the end of the year. Many of the other items are on hold still.

I'm hoping 2017 they make it happen. Maybe 2016 was about looking into this development item and delivering it if they could.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from all the glanstickling going on in here, it seems it's primarily focusing on making changes to guilds to benefit trade guilds. While some might be in trade guilds as their only guild, most are in them purely to sell items and have their focus on PvP or PvE (or both) guilds which are normally smaller and foster that sense of camaraderie and social interaction that larger trade guilds don't exclusively cater to.

While I agree that some suggestions such as more visible data (join date, past donations) would be helpful as well as more tabbard customisation, a lot of the other suggestions either already exist in game, are handled through guild websites like other MMOs, or are just downright impractical.

As for the illusion of promise, there's nothing stated by ZOS on delivering changes in 2016. All the information mentions is they'll be working on things including a "Looking for guild" system in 2016. Since they've no obligation to inform us on what they've done the only thing we can say with certainty is they may or may not have made some changes to the Guild system internally that we don't have access or knowledge of yet.

There's nothing mentioned anywhere saying they'll be releasing an improved or altered guild system at any time between now and oblivion.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And people wonder why ZoS hardly ever says what they are working on any more.

I get the OP's frustration, but this is why we can't have nice things
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS Fails to deliver promises.
    Those weren't promises.
    They were declarations of intent.

They -intended- to do all the things they stated now and then. Some things they managed, some other things (cough, PvP justice system, cough) they changed their minds about, and some other things they are still working on.

What else is new?
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We havent seen all the test patch notes yet.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS Fails to deliver promises. Well if you did not know that by now I don't know what to tell ya.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

When we publish our annual Road Ahead articles, we do have full intentions of bringing you everything we talk about. Player housing was also on the list for 2016, but we pushed it to early 2017 to ensure it was ready and the quality high. Of all the features and improvements listed in the January 2016 Road Ahead, here are just a few that did come out in 2016:
    • Improvements to the Looking for Group system
    • One Tamriel including full level scaling and removal of restrictions based on level and alliance
    • Text chat on consoles
    • Character nameplates and the ability for console players to display PSN ID/XBL Gamertag
    • Scrolling Combat Text
    • The Style Parlor and including name change, race change, and appearance change
    Sometimes things change in the production schedule or resources that result in us shifting features out. The Guild Finder and additional guild management improvements are a couple of those things, but they are not forgotten. We still plan to return to them and get them into the game, they are just not on our current short-term roadmap.

And in case you missed it, Matt Firor is working on one for 2017, so stay tuned!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

When we publish our annual Road Ahead articles, we do have full intentions of bringing you everything we talk about. Player housing was also on the list for 2016, but we pushed it to early 2017 to ensure it was ready and the quality high. Of all the features and improvements listed in the January 2016 Road Ahead, here are just a few that did come out in 2016:
    • One Tamriel including full level scaling and removal of restrictions based on level and alliance
    • Text chat on consoles
    • Character nameplates and the ability for console players to display PSN ID/XBL Gamertag
    • Scrolling Combat Text
    • The Style Parlor and including name change, race change, and appearance change
    Sometimes things change in the production schedule or resources that result in us shifting features out. The Guild Finder and additional guild management improvements are a couple of those things, but they are not forgotten. We still plan to return to them and get them into the game, they are just not on our current short-term roadmap.

And in case you missed it, Matt Firor is working on one for 2017, so stay tuned!

And I thank you for all the work you have done this year!
    Edited by Sovjet on January 17, 2017 10:18PM
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

• Text chat on consoles
    • Scrolling Combat Text

I'm sorry but the LFG is still broken
    One tamriel was a good idea,but now server performance is worse on the PvE side,pvp is still horrendous.
    Hopefully the road ahead is more intent on fixing these two as well outstanding and often talked issues.one thing too mention, recent patch notes included rich giving us the "whys" when they make changes,it would be great if Matt can't continue this through his road ahead.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

• Text chat on consoles
    • Scrolling Combat Text

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Time to be real.

1. The looking for group system is absolute trash - players getting kicked for no reason then punishing them for 15 minutes haha what is this one? Come on. (leaving yes 15 minutes - because if that's not what dungeon you wanted too bad kinda thing) Still very very broken so failure with that one.
    2. Ok you made it all open world which was like a big stfu to the people who progressed through the game through cadwells like come on... yes yes, we don't really care but still this was a mistake.
    3. Text chat... I don't know where to begin, having to use /g to use group alllll the time is a painful and annoying process why couldn't of this been left there 100% of the time or active when actually joining a group...?
    4. Name plates... oh my god we have enough drama's of blue screens on consoles why do we want to add more crap to fill out screens (not required or needed)
    5. Scrolling text, ok this one was (nice) no dps calculator ? No Buff tracking? in 2016-2017? Naice one.
    6. Style parlor - come one, come all to take your money away from you, 30 bucks a race chance are you kidding?

None of these performed at all, not even close to what the community wanted or more importantly what they needed...

Buff timers?
    DPS calculator

These two are so important to improve over all game play and let's be real it's just a user interface... it's hardly an add-on. So let's not spin the whole console doesn't like/allow blah blah.

Getting the housing system of high quality... LOL ok this one was the best sentence I've seen in a long time!
    The furniture is over priced, no serious (entry player to ESO) will be able to enjoy housing.
    The furniture in the crown store so expensive I rather buy REAL objects for the amount you're talking about.
    No storage
    No (true editor) moving objects around doesn't count
    Player Cap... wow.

This is going to be a RL money grab from the crown store 100% you guys can say no it won't all you want but so far the PTS has shown one thing it's far from being of "such high quality" as you've mentioned.

Sorry all sounds very rude but the truth hurts.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

• Text chat on consoles
    • Scrolling Combat Text

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Time to be real.

1. The looking for group system is absolute trash - players getting kicked for no reason then punishing them for 15 minutes haha what is this one? Come on. (leaving yes 15 minutes - because if that's not what dungeon you wanted too bad kinda thing) Still very very broken so failure with that one.
    2. Ok you made it all open world which was like a big stfu to the people who progressed through the game through cadwells like come on... yes yes, we don't really care but still this was a mistake.
    3. Text chat... I don't know where to begin, having to use /g to use group alllll the time is a painful and annoying process why couldn't of this been left there 100% of the time or active when actually joining a group...?
    4. Name plates... oh my god we have enough drama's of blue screens on consoles why do we want to add more crap to fill out screens (not required or needed)
    5. Scrolling text, ok this one was (nice) no dps calculator ? No Buff tracking? in 2016-2017? Naice one.
    6. Style parlor - come one, come all to take your money away from you, 30 bucks a race chance are you kidding?

None of these performed at all, not even close to what the community wanted or more importantly what they needed...

Buff timers?
    DPS calculator

These two are so important to improve over all game play and let's be real it's just a user interface... it's hardly an add-on. So let's not spin the whole console doesn't like/allow blah blah.

Getting the housing system of high quality... LOL ok this one was the best sentence I've seen in a long time!
    The furniture is over priced, no serious (entry player to ESO) will be able to enjoy housing.
    The furniture in the crown store so expensive I rather buy REAL objects for the amount you're talking about.
    No storage
    Player Cap... wow.

This is going to be a RL money grab from the crown store 100% you guys can say no it won't all you want but so far the PTS has shown one thing it's far from being of "such high quality" as you've mentioned.

1. no comment, don't use it
    2. wat
    3. Lots of people asked for this for many months leading up to and after console release
    4. Like #3, lots of people asked for this, all the time, until it was implemented
    5. official DPS parsing would be nice. Maybe this is on the way now that real testing dummies are incoming
    6. See the bits about a lot of people asking for this

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lukums1

Thieves Guild
    Dark Brotherhood
    Hew's Bane
    Gold Coast
    Veteran versions of all dungeons
    17 new monster helms
    Dozens of new item sets
    Normal, Veteran and Hard mode for all trials
    Trials that scale
    Two brand new dungeons with Normal and vet versions
    Three anniversary events - Game's Release, Imperial City, Orsinium
    Two holiday events
    15+ new motifs
    Imperial City district capture
    Cyrodiil town capture mechanic
    Weapon ultimates
    Removal of veteran ranks
    Craft bags
    Costume dying
    64 bit client
    4K on PS4
    HDR on XB1 and PS4
    And more . . .

Edited by Dominoid on January 18, 2017 3:46PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    @Lukums1

Thieves Guild
    Dark Brotherhood were pretty much finished and supposed to be the base game
    Hew's Bane lol so tiny
    Gold Coast yes tiny
    Veteran versions of all dungeons "increased mob hps"
    17 new monster helms "increased chance of prosperous/training"
    Dozens of new item sets "grind your soul away for the weps"
    Normal, Veteran and Hard mode for all trials "but you can only get purple in vet so this was a nerf"
    Trials that scale "players scale,not the trial"
    Two brand new dungeons with Normal and vet versions "good luck pugs"
    Three anniversary events - games release, Imperial City, Orsinium "sales for a laggy,disconnect experience oh and enjoy never finding the wep you want in vma!!!"
    Two holiday events "xp buffs that end gamers don't need!! Motifs well never use!!"
    15+ new motifs "see above"

Imperial City district capture "lol"
    Cyrodiil town capture mechanic "lol x2"
    Weapon ultimates "pvp loves your destro ult...really"
    Removal of veteran ranks "replaced with another garbage system"
    Craft bags "only reason a lot of people sub"
    Costume dying "this should have been from the start,how hard was this to truly implement?"
    64 bit client "uhm your still behind"

4K on PS4 "not really"
    HDR on XB1 and PS4 "sure"
    And more . . ."I'm sure we broke something else"

Edited by Mojmir on January 18, 2017 12:44AM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa whoa whoa,

We weren't addressing all bloody content that came out last year, we were addressing those 6 points.

My point being is the things that were really highlighted, we could of done without there are massive massive issues and things that could be made better instead we "they" focused on trivial things, things that really didn't assist us in a general rule.

Like grouping tool was generally bad and had issues...chat functionality...

How about implementing a "mute", "ban" list so you can't speak to certain people instead of getting intimidated by players.

All I was saying was... the highlight for 2016 was done right and there were things that were pretty good content wise hands down, I won't say there wasn't but man... I hope we really start seeing some really (cool) things added... that's not going to be "almost" driving by crown store (just saying)
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should remove their name from the list of games available on PS4 pro for starters. Read the ps 4 technical support page if you need more info.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] The Style Parlor and including name change, race change, and appearance change
    ZOS did a lot of good in 2016, I totally admit that. I just wish the Style Parlor and had a bit more... uh, polish to it. It looks good, but the fact I have to log out to use it, there's no in-game barbers (allowing me to see what I actually look like in-game) feels kind of... awkward, I guess? I look at it like the Crown Crates. Love them or hate them, the Crate system is freakin' immaculate. You guys did a truly amazing job integrating the crates into the game. But the Parlor System feels tacked on.

It looks gorgeous as can be, definitely, but it feels... I dunno, disconnected? I'd also love to be able to design looks that I can enable/disable at the touche of a button. There's so many character design choices that I'd love to be able to toggle through and assign looks we can easily swap to, or have lighting options that better reflect in-game scenarios.

That said, I'm totally happy to have it (yay) so don't get me wrong. ZOS is on the right path.

Now we just need that content. We've had a major drought since Wrothgar. I love Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, but for the most part they just introduced grinds. Great story missions, but few and far between (the Gold Coast is majestic, but kind of empty). Shadows of the Hist didn't offer much (I avoid Mazzatun, Xal-Nur's voice annoys me THAT much) and it's hard to find people willing to run the dungeons due to the difficulty. I feel like we've had a content drought of things we can really sink our teeth into for some time.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that this game needs is a search option when buying something in guild store.... :*

+1000

I've always wanted something like: Bulletin Boards in cities (like the crafting writ boards), that would act as a guild traders search function!

Wouldn't it be something people would do back before tv or radio ads? They'd post info on boards in populated areas trying to drum up business!

A player looking for an item would go to the board and plug in the desired item, trait, level, etc of what they're looking to buy. If a trader(s) somewhere has said item, it would pop up which trader(s) and zone(s)! (That's it though!)

No pricing should be given at the board, nor the ability to purchase from said board.

The players would still have to go to the actual trader location(s) to price check or purchase. (Thus it doesn't become a global auction house negating the trader system Zos clearly wants for this game. It also leaves the whole Traders system in place as it is now from the players side of the game!)

The boards would merely act as a locator service!

This would help players find items they want faster (or quickly determine if there is even the thing they want out there), rather then having us run all over Tamriel searching every vendor in the hopes that someone has that shiny we want.

I'd imagine everyone would much rather have more time to actually PLAY the game then spending possibly a whole day traveling the entirety of Tamriel searching all the guild traders. Even worse is doing that and finding that NOBODY had the item you were looking for in the first place! **RAGE**

This would be a nice QOL addition to the game and be a nice boon (I'd imagine) to the traders as well. The faster that people can find the items they want, they faster the items would sell, allowing more items to be stocked and sold. Rinse, repeat!
    Edited by Zenzuki on January 18, 2017 7:26AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    @Lukums1

Thieves Guild
    Hew's Bane lol so tiny
    Gold Coast yes tiny
    Normal, Veteran and Hard mode for all trials "but you can only get purple in vet so this was a nerf"
    Three anniversary events - games release, Imperial City, Orsinium "sales for a laggy,disconnect experience oh and enjoy never finding the wep you want in vma!!!"
    Two holiday events "xp buffs that end gamers don't need!! Motifs well never use!!"

Costume dying "this should have been from the start,how hard was this to truly implement?"

4K on PS4 "not really"

Just. Please. Stop grumbling for one second. If you can't admit that the game has been improved much during the last year, then be quiet cause you are not objective at all. There were a lot of changes, including the ones described by @Dominoid, and objectively they are considered, by any reasonable person, as a great improvement. But you're simply a whining kid. If you don't like it that much, why are you still playing and/or posting here?
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @Lukums1

Thieves Guild
    Hew's Bane lol so tiny
    Gold Coast yes tiny

4K on PS4 "not really"

Just. Please. Stop grumbling for one second. If you can't admit that the game has been improved much during the last year, then be quiet cause you are not objective at all. There were a lot of changes, including the ones described by @Dominoid, and objectively they are considered, by any reasonable person, as a great improvement. But you're simply a whining kid. If you don't like it that much, why are you still playing and/or posting here?

So anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't objective, must be the joke of the year. Nice to hear your're at least 'objective'. Who are you to claim who can post, whine, smile or whatever on this forum.
    Are you the only one that can't admit this game still has the SAME issues as 2-3 years ago. Guess what it makes you if you call people names for just stating THEIR opinion.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

• Text chat on consoles
    • Scrolling Combat Text

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Time to be real.

Buff timers?
    DPS calculator

No storage
    Player Cap... wow.

1) True.
    2) What? One Tamriel saved the game, most people enjoy it, make a poll and you will see why it is going to stay.
    3) People asked for that.
    4) People asked for that.
    5) Join the Master Race :3
    6) No comment.

"The furniture is over priced, no serious (entry player to ESO) will be able to enjoy housing."
    -> Agree that furniture is overpriced af.
    New players should be happy with the Apartment. That's the point. It's not fair if everyone has access to the manors.
    "The furniture in the crown store so expensive I rather buy REAL objects for the amount you're talking about."
    -> Houses and furniture in crown store should be expensive, I'm all for it, to make sure people have to pay gold for houses. It's not fair if people can just drop 10 bucks for a manor, while 3 million gold is hard to earn.
    "No storage"
    -> Agree. We need storage.
    "No (true editor) moving objects around doesn't count"
    -> You want a flying pig as well?
    "Player Cap... wow."
    -> You want to squeeze an army inside a house? If you can code it, I am sure every major game developer will pay big money to have you lol, it's an impossible feat.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of you guys just like to nitpick. Can't please all the people all the time.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    Some of you guys just like to nitpick. Can't please all the people all the time.

And some people you will never please. See exhibit A,B and C above.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

"I used to have a job like yours, then I took a knife in the back."
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @Lukums1

Thieves Guild
    Hew's Bane lol so tiny
    Gold Coast yes tiny

4K on PS4 "not really"

And your blind with lowered expectations, lol
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some special snowflakes love to cry and whine....yet they never seem to actually leave.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Some special snowflakes love to cry and whine....yet they never seem to actually leave.

People should be allowed to post grievances. It's the people who insist on including insults in their responses that make the forum a toxic place to be. Being demeaning to someone whom you don't agree with doesn't validate your argument and in fact renders your whole standpoint weak.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these people on here who were negative and unproductive, those who said I was an idiot. I got and OFFICIAL response. So your sarcastic comments and apathetic posturing proved not that I was wrong. But that you are incapable of productive debate. Which is the foundation of any rational conversation.