Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New thread for Clouding Swarm

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just letting you all know that we are aware of this bug, but don't have an exact time frame for an implemented fix. We'll let you know when we have a better idea.

Quote from a Few MONTHS ago. No word yet. I paid crowns for a bite or two(for convenience) and this has been broken for so long. I refuse to let this go with multiple patches and still nothing. Can we get an update?
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol another clouding swarm thread. :p Definitely needs a fix! It could also help bring magicka nb's up to par with stamina.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They broke this when they broke cloak its ridiculous.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I ever will use my favourite Ult (clouding swarm) again lol.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So Vicious Death is now getting fixed but not this come on ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not just clouding swarm, is invisibility in general. There is a millon of bugs associated with invisibility, everything seems to break it. Cloak used to work fine because of the purge it had, but when they removed the purge, cloak got broken as clouding swarm is.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm real tired of this ***. Last night I decided to play with clouding swarm to make up for cloak being useless. After 2 fails and headaches I figured I probably didn't morph it but NOPE. Just another broken ability... and this bug was introduced so long ago that I didn't assume it'd still be broken.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm real tired of this ***. Last night I decided to play with clouding swarm to make up for cloak being useless. After 2 fails and headaches I figured I probably didn't morph it but NOPE. Just another broken ability... and this bug was introduced so long ago that I didn't assume it'd still be broken.

That's why I'm going to bring this up consistently until I at least get another response. It shouldn't have been broken for this long.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clouding swarm is by far my favorite skill in the entire game and it's broken :(
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it's not a few months ago it's a few patches ago. This can't be something that continues, a class defining skill, the best passive for Khajiit and Bosmer, and the morph of a tree defining ultimate are all broken because invisibility got changed.

Seriously change it back to purge until you fix the mechanic already.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, it's not a few months ago it's a few patches ago. This can't be something that continues, a class defining skill, the best passive for Khajiit and Bosmer, and the morph of a tree defining ultimate are all broken because invisibility got changed.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't charge crowns for something that's broken.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, worst is that VD thread got a response and this hasn't...
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, worst is that VD thread got a response and this hasn't...

Not going to lie that set me off right there. I have been trying to get a response for a few months. That was almost a slap in the face. Can we please just get at least a sentence about this. I will tag everyone it lets me.

@ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_TristanK
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't charge crowns for something that's broken.

You don't have to pay crowns to get it ya know. Tho I agree that this should be fixed.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have to pay crowns to get it ya know. Tho I agree that this should be fixed.[/quote]

Yeah but not all the time do I have the time to do the mission. Especially when my characters already level 10. But it's no excuse for it not working. Especially for so long. I've been trying to refresh the original post and make new ones almost every two weeks for months

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any ETA on getting this fixed.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think a world ultimate used by all classes would get some attention . Where is the vampire outrage here ? You post a thread about needing fangs or a way not to look so ugly in stage 4 and it's a 60 page read . You say half the abilities don't work in PvP and people are all meh ...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine

@Enodoc

@MissBizz

We need some advocates here for fixing vampire . We have been forgot .
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You would think a world ultimate used by all classes would get some attention . Where is the vampire outrage here ? You post a thread about needing fangs or a way not to look so ugly in stage 4 and it's a 60 page read . You say half the abilities don't work in PvP and people are all meh ...

Wow. Lol.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    I second this. I made a build similar to JackDaniell's Ghost build and it insta failed because Clouding Swarm doesn't work. It's like running into a group of people and yelling "kill me now"!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine
    Enodoc
    MissBizz

Unfortunately there's not much we can do. Whether it's one voice on the forums or many, I don't think ZOS particularly cares. They have their hierarchy of issue management, and that's what they follow regardless.

Remind me what exactly is broken? I know I've read it before but I can't actually remember (I don't play vampire). Whatever it is, yes of course it needs fixing, and I assume it's on "the list" of fixes. Seems rather a long time ago that it was last mentioned, too, so an update on the current status would be good.

But when you consider it took them four and a half years to implement One Tamriel, that kinda puts the issue management timeline in perspective.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    MornaBaine
    Enodoc
    MissBizz

Unfortunately there's not much we can do. Whether it's one voice on the forums or many, I don't think ZOS particularly cares. They have their hierarchy of issue management, and that's what they follow regardless.

Remind me what exactly is broken? I know I've read it before but I can't actually remember (I don't play vampire). Whatever it is, yes of course it needs fixing, and I assume it's on "the list" of fixes. Seems rather a long time ago that it was last mentioned, too, so an update on the current status would be good.

But when you consider it took them four and a half years to implement One Tamriel, that kinda puts the issue management timeline in perspective.

Clouding swarm doesn't make vampire go invisible to avoid attacks still . Mist form still gets snared by gap closers and roots . Baleful mist as well . Been broken for a year .
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    MornaBaine
    Enodoc
    MissBizz

Video reference

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/264712/will-zos-ever-fix-clouding-swarm-find-out-next-time-on-dbz-video-proof
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get an update on this?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To give everyone an update, we are very aware that there's still an outstanding bug with this ability. At this time, we're planning on just giving this ability a little overhaul, though the exact changes are still being finalized. When we have details to share, we'll definitely let you know.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update, we are very aware that there's still an outstanding bug with this ability. At this time, we're planning on just giving this ability a little overhaul, though the exact changes are still being finalized. When we have details to share, we'll definitely let you know.

Another case of "we can fix it, so we change it".

I think that at this point we can all imagine what is going to happen to nb's cloak (that share many of the current problems of clouding swarm), it will never be fixed because they simple don't know how.
    Edited by ManDraKE on October 24, 2016 7:47PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hopefully it doesn't change too much. But thank you so much for an update. All I was asking for.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It probably will be one of nice Update 13 changes.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overhaul.... the original worked fine.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Overhaul.... please be stam morph! PLEASE BE STAM MORPH!

PS4 NA DC
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what you should do is fix cloak or revert the change you did so it will work.