The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Restoration Staff of the Red Mountain

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners bow was a highlight of mine yesterday . Training too .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leowkwok wrote: »
    Here's my contribution to the non-intelligent drops.

seSTVZt.png

Actually a Magblade would love this .
    Sarcasm
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on October 23, 2016 4:23AM
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Got this on XBOX NA tonight in trials

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Red Mountain set, I have a question.

The tooltip says "When you deal damage with a weapon ability..."

Does that mean every tick of a dot from a weapon ability (such a poison arrow) will have a chance to proc this set?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update everyone, we only remove certain weapons from an item set’s possible drops when it is utterly and absolutely impossible for that set’s five-piece bonus to be triggered with that weapon equipped. For instance, it is impossible to trigger the Coat of the Red Mountain item set’s five-piece bonus with a Restoration Staff; we will be removing Restoration Staves of the Red Mountain from the possible set item drops in Stonefalls in a future patch.

While some of the sets listed in this thread may not be optimal in all situations, they can still potentially be used, so they are considered legitimate item slot/set combinations.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update everyone, we only remove certain weapons from an item set’s possible drops when it is utterly and absolutely impossible for that set’s five-piece bonus to be triggered with that weapon equipped. For instance, it is impossible to trigger the Coat of the Red Mountain item set’s five-piece bonus with a Restoration Staff; we will be removing Restoration Staves of the Red Mountain from the possible set item drops in Stonefalls in a future patch.

While some of the sets listed in this thread may not be optimal in all situations, they can still potentially be used, so they are considered legitimate item slot/set combinations.

Then please also remove:
    • restoration staffs from the Spider Cultist Set (Adds 450 Spell Damage to your Destruction Staff abilities)
    • destruction staffs from the Light Speaker Set (Adds 450 Spell Damage to your Restoration Staff abilities)
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are hardly the only two. What about the one that snares enemies when you use Bow skills. I have a resto staff in that Set.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you guys provide a list of what sets that have had weapons removed from their drop table?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭

So weapons in sets that are completely 100% worthless are not removed, only sets that actually can't be triggered are removed? That is still a horrible experience for players. I have Infallible Aether 2h mauls. Vicious Ophidian staffs. How is this acceptable? They have no reason to exist. While they technically can be used, no one ever will.

Loot in ESO is diluted enough with bad traits as it is, no need to have unusable weapons in the wrong sets as well.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this would be the correct place to put this.I think these qualify for the Un-intelligent drop category.

UOHOh2a.jpg

As a tank find the string of Staves, bows rather....wasteful. I have only seen a Shield drop once. I would think for a tanking set they would be a common sight. I do not see any justification for Resto/Destro staves and Bows to be in the loot table. IMO that also goes for 2H Melee.
    Edited by Lavum on October 26, 2016 6:19PM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here

tCMfxu5.png

I can beat that. I got a sharpened spriggan destro staff. At first I was happy I got a sharpened weapon, until I realized it was spriggan (and not spinner that I was looking for).
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    Got this one the other day when farming nWGT... If the set gives a stamina bonus, then why should it drop staves, which are magicka?

essenceicestaff_by_abbiegoth-damfnnr.png
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hello,
    would it be too much to ask for some clarification on what set items are staying and what are going before we read it in a patch? I know I would be more then happy with "Working on Red Mountain, Essence thief"
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    AbbieGoth wrote: »
    Got this one the other day when farming nWGT... If the set gives a stamina bonus, then why should it drop staves, which are magicka?

essenceicestaff_by_abbiegoth-damfnnr.png

Because it's considered "valid" as even as a Stamina user you can proc the 5 piece set bonus with a light attack
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a Battle Axe of Knight-Errant mail.

2 handed weapon weapon for set bonus of 1-hand and shield 5 set bonus.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Because every tank wants to run a bow to complete their set:

3ZuxRnp.jpg

Perhaps @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_RichLambert can convince @Woeler to run a build incorporating an Ebon bow?

Just because this item can complete a five piece bonus really doesn't mean it should drop - these drops are utterly useless IMHO and an insult to running content for gear you need.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enigmatic wrote: »
    Because every tank wants to run a bow to complete their set:

3ZuxRnp.jpg

Perhaps @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_RichLambert can convince @Woeler to run a build incorporating an Ebon bow?

Just because this item can complete a five piece bonus really doesn't mean it should drop - these drops are utterly useless IMHO and an insult to running content for gear you need.

Please don't.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Another useful drop for a Magicka set:

Y9PBAjk.jpg
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭

Got another one for you guys

wUqs81A.png
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Come on Gina, seriously? :) Just because someone can potentially use a weapon from a set doesn't mean that if they.were in their right mind they would ever do so, unless they were really desperate. I know my Kahjiit Stamblade really wants that Spriggan Resto staff in Training :expressionless:

Edited by Ashtaris on October 28, 2016 12:10AM
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭

Hi Gina,

What about the Knight-Errant's set that drops from Blackheart Haven

The 5th is "adds X weapon damage to your one hand and shield abilities. When you use a one hand and shield ability, you heal for X health"

This would never work on any weapon other than a one hand and shield, yet it can drop on any type of weapon such as restro staff
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was very happy to see in yesterday's patch notes that Restoration Staff of the Red Mountain had been removed from the loot table.

Then one of the first things that dropped for me after the patch was the Ice Staff of the Red Mountain.

Heavy sigh.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like every run I do I get warlock and lich set bows,how idiotic
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 7 toons that could use some of these new drop sets. I play ESO 7 to 10 hours a day on the weekends and 3 to 4 hours on week days diligently and as efficient as I can. 99% of the drop gear/weapons I get are useless to me and others because of s*** for traits ....I just sell these useless stuff to the merchant.

Over 2 yrs of playing ESO and the rewards for the effort rarely match up. I do love the game and have learned not to expect anything great for my efforts other than self satisfaction and the enjoyment of the game itself.
    Edited by Darkestnght on November 1, 2016 9:39PM
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    leowkwok wrote: »
    Here's my contribution to the non-intelligent drops.

seSTVZt.png

I could comment on all of these set pieces that have been posted but I'm going to just focus on this one.

As a MagDK, I have started using a 2H again. The reason is because zos decided to take our gap closer away and shove it down near the bottom of our skill tree. So how does a magDK gap close? 2H is the answer. So for that purpose this sword is quite useful. Does it make my gap closer hit hard? No, but it closes the gap. Then I apply my DoT's and CC. Works great.

A lot of the not so popular set pieces work this way. You all just need to stop watching build videos and come up with new and unique ways to play.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn